Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 19. (Read 27647 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
September 17, 2014, 02:45:02 PM
I'm not convinced by BCX bullshit. From reading his posts and comments over the past year I have made up my mind about him.

He's a compulsive liar. I really don't think there is any truth in anything he says.

It's not the first time he steps up with claims of being able to destroy XYZ coin by doing this or that.

I think he is a very lonely person that is simply living out his fantasies of grandeur.

When he gets some temporary fleeting confirmation that he is indeed this superhero in the Bitcoin world he will masturbate for atleast a day.

Let's keep that in mind and extend feelings of compassion toward this lost soul.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
September 17, 2014, 02:40:24 PM
BCX, have you told exploit to XMR devs yet?
It's very likely that there is no exploit and it's just a made up story.

If you find a potential coin breaking exploit, you would either exploit the bug or tell/sell it to the devs, but you wouldn't go onto a public forum telling everyone you found a bug, without even providing any evidence.

Some people might say that his reputation is pretty good, BUT he isn't a cryptographer who would find a bug which would allow him to spend money without the privkeys. So far he has relied on timewarping exploits and bots and that's about it ...
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
September 17, 2014, 02:40:08 PM
Pic it or it never happens
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
September 17, 2014, 02:36:17 PM
BCX, have you told exploit to XMR devs yet?
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
September 17, 2014, 02:28:35 PM
to say the truth I think this is ridiculous bluffing Roll Eyes

if bcx really had a *fatal exploit* he would use it to demonstrate that he does have skills, yet he's just using this lame tactic to make us *fear BCX and sell XMR*  although there is nothing to fear really. I'm actually convinced BCX wants the price to crash to gain a whale position in Monero by buying up the cheap XMR....

It's all just hot air once again, I admit I was worried for a few minutes and asked BCX via PM to privately send the exploits' information to the developers. Now my worries of a few minutes are relieved. Thanks!

I'm buying more.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
September 17, 2014, 02:09:31 PM
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
September 17, 2014, 02:08:14 PM
* After conversing with rpietilla I do not think he hired any trolls or is a scammer per say. I do think he has gotten himself into something he didn't expect and is simply trying to build a coin.

I confirm that I haven't (ever) hired trolls, am not a scammer, did not expect these developments and am simply trying to build a coin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
September 17, 2014, 01:21:48 PM
I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.
I could indeed exploit this coin if I wanted but I have no need or desire. Others will find exploits and others *will* exploit it. It's just the nature of the beast.

This sounds interesting

I do not think there is any long term future for this coin.

An assessment that stands in stark contrast to what we're "forced" to read here frequently.

Maybe the Bytecoin Devs will find it and kill Monero, then maybe we can return to a normal Alt coin subforum!!!

Unfortunately the result might be even more threads...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 01:16:45 PM
Maybe the Bytecoin Devs will find it and kill Monero, then maybe we can return to a normal Alt coin subforum!!!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 17, 2014, 01:13:22 PM
* I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

Can you unleash these exploits on Bytecoin please?  It would be lulzy, unlike boring private disclosure.  But it would give XMR the chance to react before all hell broke loose.

And it would show which team is more up to the challenge of fixing critical exploits on their live network.  XMR just beat a very sophisticated attack, now it's BCN's turn to play.
Activity: 965
Merit: 515
September 17, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

...  but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

Did you just say to fix this they have to give up their holy anonymity feature .. the core and essence of CN .. or did I read that wrong?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
September 17, 2014, 12:36:38 PM
* I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

Can you disclose this vulnerability privately to us so we can fix it?
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
September 17, 2014, 12:01:54 PM
delete
Pages:
Jump to: