Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted posts in the Hardware BFL Thread, Double Standards, and Hypocrisy - page 2. (Read 8345 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Why is it that when a lawyer gets doxed and complains in a Butterfly Labs thread, all the offending posts identifying him are deleted, and bans are threatened, but when Butterfly Labs management doxes it's customers for complaining about their poor business practices, that information is allowed to stay up indefinitely.

When scammers are doxed, that information is allowed to stay.

Furthermore, try posting Theymos' dox and see what happens.

Why the hypocrisy and double standards ?

Either doxing everyone is OK, or doxing nobody is OK.

Where is the consistency ?

Fear and Hypocrisy.

No one wants to get sued I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1193
I don't believe in denial.
<<>>>

And here's the next one who just "[has] difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience", though admittably "the best position is somewhere in between". Even the LEO's found the thread usefull (and BFL was so scared shitless they openly pressured Bruno by all means available), but I guess you know best...

Have fun with your "pure information thread"...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
It could just as easily be argued that filling the thread with so much unrelated garbage was protecting BFL, by hiding any real relevant information.
"Anyone not willing to sift through the 'unrelated garbage' is not worth the information" is also a way to look at it.

I know most mods/admins (you're the third, and counting, in this topic alone) have difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience").
Neither viewpoint is entirely correct, the best position is somewhere in between.

Agreed. So you also agree that a lock is way too excessive?

EDIT: and how is publicly discussing BFL senior staff (mis-)using the legal (and tax) system by issuing bogus TRO's (and false IRS 1099-MISC forms) to people intimidating them away from exposing their practices considered "unrelated garbage"... Huh
If you seriously think that's the kind of posts anyone is referring to, then there isn't much point in having this conversation, you've made up your mind already.

See point above... And still no need for a 5 day ban...

All in all still seems to me BCT did BFL a huge favour by locking the original thread and banning their "biggest opponent"...  Embarrassed

EDIT: especially considering the timing; where BFL is scrambling for sales by renewed aggressive marketing at this very moment...

If you look back at Bruno's ban history I've warned him every time a day or two before he got banned. I've tried to gently tell him he's over posting but he doesn't always get it. Sometimes he stops. He just gets on a roll and spams the crap out of a thread and can't seem to stop. He hasn't been permanently banned. He'll be back in a few days and if you really need to talk to him he always goes to Reddit and spams the shit out of a few threads there while he's waiting out his ban. Any other forum in the world would have permanently banned him two years ago.

That thread has been a complete mess of unadulterated useless garbage for more than 100 pages and it was in the wrong section. Cheech and Chong, chicken, goat and little girl anime images add useless noise that so completely cluttered that thread that it became a joke thread. If you want to have something available to read that shows the progress of the legal case then post a pure information thread that's moderated. That way if someone posts a picture of a giant rooster and starts posting about chicken choking or random strings of profanity aimed at Josh or Sonny it can be deleted in favor of court dockets. The regular posters in that thread made it a worthless joke.
legendary
It could just as easily be argued that filling the thread with so much unrelated garbage was protecting BFL, by hiding any real relevant information.
"Anyone not willing to sift through the 'unrelated garbage' is not worth the information" is also a way to look at it.

I know most mods/admins (you're the third, and counting, in this topic alone) have difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience").
Neither viewpoint is entirely correct, the best position is somewhere in between.

Agreed. So you also agree that a lock is way too excessive?

EDIT: and how is publicly discussing BFL senior staff (mis-)using the legal (and tax) system by issuing bogus TRO's (and false IRS 1099-MISC forms) to people intimidating them away from exposing their practices considered "unrelated garbage"... Huh
If you seriously think that's the kind of posts anyone is referring to, then there isn't much point in having this conversation, you've made up your mind already.

See point above... And still no need for a 5 day ban...

All in all still seems to me BCT did BFL a huge favour by locking the original thread and banning their "biggest opponent"...  Embarrassed

EDIT: especially considering the timing; where BFL is scrambling for sales by renewed aggressive marketing at this very moment...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
legendary
Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed

But what exactly were those people getting out of those 200 views? NSFW random images, unrelated memes and copy pasta. If the BFL thread was useful to them, it would have stayed.

Sorry Dogie, but I see it the other way around. I don't believe the almost 800.000 (sic!) page views were a majority of "first-timers". Au contraire; I would argue the majority are "repeat visitors" so they "the customers" (of the thread...) found it obviously useful. IMHO the thread was therefore locked without good cause, even counterproductive ("protecting" BFL if you wish)...

PS. it was almost 400 views in 24h BTW...
EDIT: ah, got to over 400 by now...
EDIT2: and almost 600 in less than 36 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed

But what exactly were those people getting out of those 200 views? NSFW random images, unrelated memes and copy pasta. If the BFL thread was useful to them, it would have stayed.
legendary
Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed
legendary
[...] Sure [...]

Well, you could at least put up a link in the thread you locked pointing people towards the new thread in the service discussion topic...
Aye, good call. Done.

Thanks!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
[...] Sure [...]

Well, you could at least put up a link in the thread you locked pointing people towards the new thread in the service discussion topic...
Aye, good call. Done.
legendary
[...] Sure [...]

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Modz = Godz, and they love BFL so much, we won't get an explanation for this excessive turn of events. Roll Eyes

Sure you will.

What a crock of shit!!! Gleb does what Bruno does,you mods know how he is....& you mods ban him for 5 days...no warning,just an outright ban & lock the thread  Roll Eyes

You mean like this?

Just wanted to let you guys know that a mod was kind enough to let me know that I was in trollin' territory and that I should chill, in which I thanked him for givin' me the heads up.

And mods don't ban, admins do, all we need to do is point admins at behaviour and let them decide. Please don't insinuate I'm trying to protect bfl in any fucking way. I left the thread in hardware for much longer than it deserved to be there because it had started before I became a mod and people were looking for that thread there even though it didn't belong, in the hope it was somehow useful. A few times I posted on that thread to try and get people back onto meaningful discourse but it kept getting derailed. I didn't delete any of the last few posts as it was an unsalvageable mess. Take a look at it for yourself and try and convince yourself it was in any way a mining hardware thread.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.
Modz = Godz, and they love BFL so much, we won't get an explanation for this excessive turn of events. Roll Eyes
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
I can see you being a defendant in a civil rights case, given your liberal use of "retards" and the plural "you" and in your attacks.

You are the only sane person in your world, I assure you.

If you sincerely believe calling someone a retard for acting like a retard is actionable, I'll merely offer you're just displaying more of the abject ignorance of basic legal principles that has typified this whole fiasco.

You have lived up to your nickname and go promptly on ignore.

Remember, darkass (may I call you "darkass", or do only your friends call you "darkass"?), you are not judged by the ones you ignore, but by the ones who ignore you.
legendary
I can see you being a defendant in a civil rights case, given your liberal use of "retards" and the plural "you" and in your attacks.

If you sincerely believe calling someone a retard for acting like a retard is actionable, I'll merely offer you're just displaying more of the abject ignorance of basic legal principles that has typified this whole fiasco.

WoW, you're quite the pretentious little prick too, aren't you? Feel (much) better now?

See; "c'est la tone qui fait la musique", my dear...

PS . No one give's a rat's ass who you "ignore" (or whether you're "right"), sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
It's time for me to bring some class and maturity to this thread.

1.  Phin (or whoever did it) -10 points for posting a burning strawman (BBS overlap) letting the mod off the hook.

2.  This thread is a living, writhing example of the Streisand Effect.  (Trivia - I am one degree of separation from one of the principals in the original Streisand Effect events.)

3.  Brush242, or whatever - what's with the patois?  I take it you don't do much Civil Rights work.

You know me, since you're kin/friends to some photographer, I was goin' for the Scarecrow Effect:

Well guessed, sir!  If I give one more microclue, I expose myself to serious doxxing.

Pages:
Jump to: