Pages:
Author

Topic: Dice-Bet.com 🎲 0.7% House Edge | BTC, LTC, ETH | Play or Invest 🎲 - page 10. (Read 15370 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 30
so.. hru?
interesting new style monthly competition, we shall see which one attracts more players
the fixed prizes one or the % of wagered, I think that % of wagered is more attractive for whales ,but this one is free
 for all because even with not such a big bankroll  you can have a shot at one of  the prize

% wagered isn't attractive at all imo. If you have fixed prizes, there's more incentive for the players to play in a +ev setting Smiley

While the last competition was just playing on a lower house edge basically.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
interesting new style monthly competition, we shall see which one attracts more players
the fixed prizes one or the % of wagered, I think that % of wagered is more attractive for whales ,but this one is free
 for all because even with not such a big bankroll  you can have a shot at one of  the prize

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
What an awesome Dice-betting site! Smiley
Love it!
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Dice-Bet.com | BTC, ETH, LTC | 0.7% HE | Invest
Weekly Update and current leaderboard positions:

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
New wagering competition up here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dice-betcom-wagering-competition-05-btc-10-eth-50-ltc-will-be-paid-5060976

As per everyone's suggestions we are paying out the top 10 players for each coin and the prizes are guaranteed regardless of how much is wagered!

Good luck everyone  Smiley

~snip~

Good to see the prizes are fixed - should get more players get on board this one.

Although I will probably wait until closer to the end personally before joining  Roll Eyes

This is indeed a great wagering competition because there is only small players so it will not be that hard to get to the top 10. I hope it will attract more players to play on this site because they are new site with huge bankroll of course and it is really effective to get more players and wagering here

Anyway, in wagering competition, there is no way you can win by getting in the end of the month to start, unless you have bigger bankroll to wagered all day long to get to the top of it
The monthly leaderboard has now been updated to be per calendar month.

This also ties in with the timing for this months wagering competition and the next ones.

legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032
★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★
New wagering competition up here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dice-betcom-wagering-competition-05-btc-10-eth-50-ltc-will-be-paid-5060976

As per everyone's suggestions we are paying out the top 10 players for each coin and the prizes are guaranteed regardless of how much is wagered!

Good to see the prizes are fixed - should get more players get on board this one.

Although I will probably wait until closer to the end personally before joining  Roll Eyes

legendary
[quote author=coingamblingreviews link=topic=5032129.msg47432430#msg47~snip~

Maybe the faucet should be tried short term and see how it goes. Couldn't hurt and worst case the site loses a tiny amount from faucet. Will at least fill the site with people

Instead of having small amount and it is a short term better not to have it implemented from the start. I saw some few sites having this faucet from the start and after some period of time it is removed because of the abuse then the site does not attractive anymore, their traffic drops drastically

And btw you said faucet is fund by small amount? I do not think so, because some big site gives really huge amount as their faucet. Lets calculate it in the normal way, usually there would be 200 per claim, 20 times per day, 1000 players online and in a month it will cost around 1 btc, so you are saying this is small amount?
[/quote]

I say small amount as most players will lose their faucet amount and not be able to withdraw it.

But you are right I am thinking about it in the wrong way - If the site has to fund the faucet and players lose it goes mostly to investors not the site so it is expensive.
legendary
[quote author=coingamblingreviews link=topic=5032129.msg47432430#msg47~snip~

Maybe the faucet should be tried short term and see how it goes. Couldn't hurt and worst case the site loses a tiny amount from faucet. Will at least fill the site with people
[/quote]

Instead of having small amount and it is a short term better not to have it implemented from the start. I saw some few sites having this faucet from the start and after some period of time it is removed because of the abuse then the site does not attractive anymore, their traffic drops drastically

And btw you said faucet is fund by small amount? I do not think so, because some big site gives really huge amount as their faucet. Lets calculate it in the normal way, usually there would be 200 per claim, 20 times per day, 1000 players online and in a month it will cost around 1 btc, so you are saying this is small amount?
legendary
Actually maybe a tiny faucet would help so new players could at least have a roll without depositing.

However, being an investor it needs to be small or there will be a a lot of fake accounts and people, plus maybe bots taking faucet money all day.

I thought faucets are usually funded by the site owners not investors , not sure about it though
faucet can help the site in many ways , chat will be more active if there is a faucet and I guess all bettors love to bet in a site that has decent traffic than sites that has only 10 active people  
also I guess adding more coins with an option to rain will attract many users , for example Luckygames ( not investor based ) has tons of players and the only unique thing they offer is having multi coins with rain so probably this will help the site

I think faucets were important to bitcoin back in 2009-2011 or so. Because back then people had no idea what bitcoin was and for most it was too much work getting a CPU/GPU up and running to mine a few coins. Hence the reason why back then you could of gotten a BTC for free from a faucet.

This is pretty much more or less the same reason why they exist today. Its because it lets you try out the site before making a deposit which for BTC isn't always easy or free.

Say you want to try out some new dice site, you make a deposit, make a few rolls and decide you don't like the speed or the features and then you do a withdraw and you are out a few bucks because you had to initially send a deposit there.

So to make things easier the site operator lets you use a small faucet so you can try out the site and then decide if you want to play there or not. If you want to continue playing then you do a real deposit.

However since bitcoins value has increased exponentially over the past couple of years, people have caught on and started to exploit the faucet by abusing it.

According to some stats its basically less than 1% abusing the faucet which hurts 99% of people.

Whether having a faucet increases the trollbox activity or not is not a direct correlation because keep in mind. The people who only play with the faucet aren't exactly active gamblers who contribute to the community such as a forum or chatbox.

Up til this day faucet is still much important for a new site, you just need to put aside faucet abuser but in these days instead of giving faucet, many of new site are giving freebies to new players so there will br no abuser as well but the risk is their site will not be as good as the site that having faucet.

Btw I agree on what you said but do you even consider them to abuse the site by using some bot? I think this is pretty easy to have this bot, if I not mistaken there is even roi on the calculations so this is oretty much very profitable for them if it does not been taken care

legendary
Actually maybe a tiny faucet would help so new players could at least have a roll without depositing.

However, being an investor it needs to be small or there will be a a lot of fake accounts and people, plus maybe bots taking faucet money all day.

I thought faucets are usually funded by the site owners not investors , not sure about it though
faucet can help the site in many ways , chat will be more active if there is a faucet and I guess all bettors love to bet in a site that has decent traffic than sites that has only 10 active people  
also I guess adding more coins with an option to rain will attract many users , for example Luckygames ( not investor based ) has tons of players and the only unique thing they offer is having multi coins with rain so probably this will help the site

I think faucets were important to bitcoin back in 2009-2011 or so. Because back then people had no idea what bitcoin was and for most it was too much work getting a CPU/GPU up and running to mine a few coins. Hence the reason why back then you could of gotten a BTC for free from a faucet.

This is pretty much more or less the same reason why they exist today. Its because it lets you try out the site before making a deposit which for BTC isn't always easy or free.

Say you want to try out some new dice site, you make a deposit, make a few rolls and decide you don't like the speed or the features and then you do a withdraw and you are out a few bucks because you had to initially send a deposit there.

So to make things easier the site operator lets you use a small faucet so you can try out the site and then decide if you want to play there or not. If you want to continue playing then you do a real deposit.

However since bitcoins value has increased exponentially over the past couple of years, people have caught on and started to exploit the faucet by abusing it.

According to some stats its basically less than 1% abusing the faucet which hurts 99% of people.

Whether having a faucet increases the trollbox activity or not is not a direct correlation because keep in mind. The people who only play with the faucet aren't exactly active gamblers who contribute to the community such as a forum or chatbox.

Up til this day faucet is still much important for a new site, you just need to put aside faucet abuser but in these days instead of giving faucet, many of new site are giving freebies to new players so there will br no abuser as well but the risk is their site will not be as good as the site that having faucet.

Btw I agree on what you said but do you even consider them to abuse the site by using some bot? I think this is pretty easy to have this bot, if I not mistaken there is even roi on the calculations so this is oretty much very profitable for them if it does not been taken care
legendary

You are right, I think all sites fund faucets themselves (although not 100% on CG's which I think is funded by investors).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back

Activity: 336
Merit: 254
Hey Dice-Bet team,

today I decided to make a small deposit becouse the bet speed on my earlyer runs was very good.
Now after 50+ conf my depo (ltc) is still not created.
Maybe there need to few improvements need to be done.

Maybe you can check my account bun1t for it

Edit: check again, it’s created now
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

A faucet can help actually, it gives an opportunity to try out the new site. For a gambler, it is an attractive option to have. To ensure there is no cheating happening and bots making money, keep it 1-time use for 24 hours or max 2 times use in 24 hours. This will somewhat ensure prevention from bots or multi-account user from doing their kinds of stuff.
legendary
Next wagering competition we will launch November 1st and try to run them all every calendar month. That way it should be easier for everyone to know the start date and end date of them all. We will make a few (improved) changes to the payout structure from the last one too.

Nice job, will looking foward to this competition, hope this will be a good start and better if you make an announcement so everyone can notice it well. What about the payout structure? Are you going to increase the fee? Because I had 2 times withdraw by using 1 satoshi as the fee, although it takes some time but as long as it does not cost much I am sure everyone accept it
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: