Pages:
Author

Topic: Did anyone buy during $1200? - page 6. (Read 13109 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
January 29, 2016, 03:01:26 AM
The general rule goes like this buy low sell high and I don't think anyone bought during the $1200 rise.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 29, 2016, 12:09:43 AM
Same here nope.I joined in bitcoin around the end of 2014 when the price About a $ 600- $ 700
so I have not felt bitcoin prices exploded to $ 1,200
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 28, 2016, 11:57:26 PM
no im not going to buy..gotta be sell at $1200..how can i got profit dude if im buy in $1200 and price getting lower by the time...
today btc price around $300-$400 still along way to reach $1200..it takes 3x price from now..maybe the price will be for next 2 years
Activity: 189
January 28, 2016, 07:02:12 AM
I think the volatility is one of the major problem of bitcoin to became mainstream, to pay isn't so bad but to receive you have to sell it quicly to not risk

No more no less than Fiat money and with less manipulation ( yes... ), just compare how many people use fiat and how many use our lovely bitcoin, imagine that we have something like a 10% of world people using bitcoin, we will continue talking about volatility like now? Wink

If 1% of the world population use bitcoin, the price will be $500,000 or over. The volatility will be much smaller.
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
January 27, 2016, 07:10:52 AM
I think the volatility is one of the major problem of bitcoin to became mainstream, to pay isn't so bad but to receive you have to sell it quicly to not risk

No more no less than Fiat money and with less manipulation ( yes... ), just compare how many people use fiat and how many use our lovely bitcoin, imagine that we have something like a 10% of world people using bitcoin, we will continue talking about volatility like now? Wink
Activity: 322
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
January 27, 2016, 05:10:55 AM
Well, I bought some BTC during the price was 1100$ , but dont call me foolish, as I didnt buy to stock it. I bought the btc because I had to pay someone and he demanded BTC , so well it was same for me if btc was 1100$ or 110$ , yes though I will love to buy some and stock at 110$ for sure.

So the guy accepting the bitcoin lost out if he did not pass the bitcoin quickly to other people.

January 27, 2016, 04:56:38 AM
Well, I bought some BTC during the price was 1100$ , but dont call me foolish, as I didnt buy to stock it. I bought the btc because I had to pay someone and he demanded BTC , so well it was same for me if btc was 1100$ or 110$ , yes though I will love to buy some and stock at 110$ for sure.

So the guy accepting the bitcoin lost out if he did not pass the bitcoin quickly to other people.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 273
January 26, 2016, 04:04:36 PM
Activity: 1946
Merit: 322
January 26, 2016, 12:24:50 PM
No, I bought it for $400, so I will wait for a good price.

If it has a good price I am going to sell it so I have profit of it.

I also bought bitcoins in recent times. My buying average is around $350. I will keep on buying on regular intervals whenever I get some savings.
Activity: 406
January 26, 2016, 11:53:39 AM
No, I bought it for $400, so I will wait for a good price.

If it has a good price I am going to sell it so I have profit of it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
January 26, 2016, 11:32:14 AM
Everyone I know that bought during the last ATH has either sold the coins, or lost the coins because they are idiots that still didn't learn the lesson and left them on Cryptsy.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
January 26, 2016, 06:53:31 AM
Luckily I never brought at the peak. The only reason i never was because i was not around to lol I did buy at $6xx - $5xx - $4xx - $3xx -$2xx and that was just as bad. I have managed to make all my losses back though and it is a thing of the past so has no bearing on my emotional state. I think it may well have if i had not become in profit from it.
Anyone who bought at $1,200 on FOMO got what was coming to them. By then the train had already left the station many miles ago and it would be like trying to get on by jumping onto it from an overpass as it was traveling 80 MPH, but not looking down the tracks to notice it was about to go over a bridge that was out.. Smiley
While that is poetic do you really believe people would have jumped on to a moving train had they know it was the peak. Needless to say they would not, nobody knew because in this reality you can't see down the track unless you are the whales creating the prices..

I have had my share of market missteps and get mine when it is deserved, I do not place myself above that. But in this particular case we had people who had no knowledge of trading, much less Bitcoin itself, going out and tossing $1,200 at something because "if they didn't hurry they would miss out."

What they got was indeed what they deserved, a big slap down for acting so irrationally instead of doing a bit of research to look at the parabolic rise up and pausing a bit to consider that maybe it wouldn't go up like this much longer. If you only bought 1 BTC or less at that price consider it a bargain in a lesson in cold hard reality.

Me to I think we all must have made mistakes while in bitcoin. Yes that was crazy buying that high but fear of loss and greed is hard to over come and they may have already had coin and seen it rise so felt safer. Either way it would be hard to know it was the top regardless of the rise. I feel lucky i was not about for that as it may have had me as well lol.
January 25, 2016, 04:48:00 AM
I didn't buy any bitcoin, because I didn't know about it at the time. Some people definitely did though and they must have felt very sad.

That price was reached in Mt Gox. So there is a possibility that bitcoin price was generated by a robot belong to the exchange.
Activity: 140
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
January 24, 2016, 03:38:26 PM
I didn't buy any bitcoin, because I didn't know about it at the time. Some people definitely did though and they must have felt very sad.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
January 24, 2016, 11:37:17 AM
hard to say that someone want to buy during $1200
and im not using bitcoin when the bitcoin reach $1200

just like me, even I do not know when bitcoin touched $1200, because I know bitcoin in 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
January 24, 2016, 11:15:30 AM
Luckily I never brought at the peak. The only reason i never was because i was not around to lol I did buy at $6xx - $5xx - $4xx - $3xx -$2xx and that was just as bad. I have managed to make all my losses back though and it is a thing of the past so has no bearing on my emotional state. I think it may well have if i had not become in profit from it.
Anyone who bought at $1,200 on FOMO got what was coming to them. By then the train had already left the station many miles ago and it would be like trying to get on by jumping onto it from an overpass as it was traveling 80 MPH, but not looking down the tracks to notice it was about to go over a bridge that was out.. Smiley
While that is poetic do you really believe people would have jumped on to a moving train had they know it was the peak. Needless to say they would not, nobody knew because in this reality you can't see down the track unless you are the whales creating the prices..

I have had my share of market missteps and get mine when it is deserved, I do not place myself above that. But in this particular case we had people who had no knowledge of trading, much less Bitcoin itself, going out and tossing $1,200 at something because "if they didn't hurry they would miss out."

What they got was indeed what they deserved, a big slap down for acting so irrationally instead of doing a bit of research to look at the parabolic rise up and pausing a bit to consider that maybe it wouldn't go up like this much longer. If you only bought 1 BTC or less at that price consider it a bargain in a lesson in cold hard reality.
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
January 24, 2016, 11:05:54 AM
legendary
Activity: 1848
January 24, 2016, 10:48:54 AM
I guess a lot of people would have bought at that levek hoping it would keep on moving, I hope that those people kept their heads and are still holding and didn't lose too much.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
January 24, 2016, 10:35:04 AM
Well I did too, but in the line of ~0.25. While it wasn't much, it was good money that I lost.

Some things are meant to be lost I suppose.
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)
January 24, 2016, 09:55:03 AM
Hey all, just as the title says, did anyone buy bitcoin when it's price was at it's peak ($1200)? And did they sell as it was dropping, or did they still hold on? I personally felt something was happening when it peaked :-/

So, back to the topic. Did anyone buy, and did they sell as it dropped? How much did they lose? Did you feel really really sad? What kind of an emotional impact did it have on you?

I did)) I sold it later for $600-700 BUT that bitcoins was invested to DRK that multiplied the value few times so I was not so heart broken  Grin))))))
Pages:
Jump to: