Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1181. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Just my opinion about the website, remove the google translation... I'm french and when i look the site with the french translation... it's incomprehensible.

It's better to ask to "Digifans" to make a good translation for each country (with rewards or not)... or let the site in english, it's more professional than google translation.

For the french part, i'm a little busy for now, but i can make a translation in few weeks if you want.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I think the new website is Top Notch! A fantastically wonderful improvement!

What I like about the new logo is the fact that the actual 'logo', in front, is bigger than before. I'm not sure about the font though (think I prefer the former). In-so-far as other fonts go, it's instructive that big multinationals like Microsoft and Apple have both chosen varieties of sans-serif. (Those are but two prominent examples; the 'big boys' invest millions in studying these kinds of things and what they decide on usually isn't something that is happen chance.)

As always, great work!

Yes, logos are certainly as important as they are hard to get right. I'd say though, for long-term digibyters it's normal they are uncomfortable to the new logo, after a while you'll get used to it and dislike the old one.
For established brands changing the logo is a pretty big deal after all.

this would actually look great in slides and stuff
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

I think the new website is Top Notch! A fantastically wonderful improvement!

What I like about the new logo is the fact that the actual 'logo', in front, is bigger than before. I'm not sure about the font though (think I prefer the former). In-so-far as other fonts go, it's instructive that big multinationals like Microsoft and Apple have both chosen varieties of sans-serif. (Those are but two prominent examples; the 'big boys' invest millions in studying these kinds of things and what they decide on usually isn't something that is happen chance.)

As always, great work!

P.S. Will we get photos for Scott, Andrew and Tanner?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
for what my opinion matters, I'd also stick with jared's proposed logo, but I think it should be a bit darker Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.

Hhehe cool... Smiley However, decentralization is being a little problem right now... Lets see how governments will get on with this...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
anyone able to install the android wallet?
Just playing around,  Any suggestions?
Or just garbage  Wink Grin

Great effort, thanks for these variations Smiley However, I would stick with the Jared suggestion since it looks more serious, simple, plain and professional.
I would suggest Jared to use the color of "igi yte" as above, a bit darker version. Again thanks 24hralttrade.

Thank for feedback,

Made some more
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I really love the new website! Great job guys, I even showed it off to my boss this morning =)  .  I really like the roadmap as well, it helps show what you are working on and where you are at with things. 

Id like to vote for the new logo, I feel that it would be easier to read for users. 

Great job team! 

***goes off and buys more DGB...
legendary
Just playing around,  Any suggestions?
Or just garbage  Wink Grin

Great effort, thanks for these variations Smiley However, I would stick with the Jared suggestion since it looks more serious, simple, plain and professional.
I would suggest Jared to use the color of "igi yte" as above, a bit darker version. Again thanks 24hralttrade.
legendary
I think website looks really professional comparing to the previous version. I want to congratulate on that. Specifically, I liked the project graphics showing in what stages they are (DigiByte Development Roadmap). I like the design a lot, like the magnifying tool on the digiman Smiley Cool.... Looks like much more motions on the site, which a great improvement to me.

The logo, I would say it is much clearer and better to me. However I like the colour on the previous one. One suggestion would be that turquoise colour can be turned into just a bit darker version and see how it is (just a bit darker blue, not as much as the previous blue color). I also agree with the comic sans varying fonts are not professional. So we can get rid of those.

Overall, it is really great to see such development and improvements happening behind the scene. I believe that DigiByte is the advanced and global payment solution of the future. DigiByte is the Business Solutions and Merchant Services of our brand new future (world). Regards,
Just playing around,  Any suggestions?
Or just garbage  Wink Grin

Sorry for the big picture Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
OK, I really don't want to turn this into a font discussion instead of a DGB discussion, but take a look at this:

Notice how the number 5 doesn't line up with the other characters. Some fonts are like this where some of the numbers go below the 'bottom' of the other characters instead of being on the same level as the capital letters. And why is the 0 smaller than the 5. The offset and number size grabs my attention and makes me wonder more about why the text looks funny instead of the information being displayed.

Maybe I'm just strange, who knows. Wink
Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
Let's make DGB worth like a Fortune 500 company!

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
I like the layout of the new site, looks much more professional than the old.

One thing I'm not fond of is this specific font:

It reminds me of Comic Sans (I know it's not, but it's similar). It just doesn't look right with all the other 'crisp/clean' fonts you have on the site.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
New one is a lot easier to read, the letters really jump out.

Old one looks muddled in comparison.

I do like the old one, but I can see why the new one was designed.

Looking forward to the friday announcement, hope its about Digipay! Wink

New website really looks the part, easy to navigate, everything you need is right there.
Thank you for the feedback! Our thought was the new logo would be easier for people to read, especially foreign, non native english speaking people.
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
New one is a lot easier to read, the letters really jump out.

Old one looks muddled in comparison.

I do like the old one, but I can see why the new one was designed.

Looking forward to the friday announcement, hope its about Digipay! Wink

New website really looks the part, easy to navigate, everything you need is right there.
legendary
Old logo is more exciting than new one.

P.S. What is a font names for logo's text?
"Magneto" is the font. Also the updated logo uses "mageneto" and "roboto."
legendary

Old:

that new font aint Right:(
Shelve the new.  Keep the old.

plus you posted the new logo on page666
so it is already hex up!

lol! Just noticed the "666." In China 666 is the luckiest number Smiley

Thanks for your feedback!