Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1183. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
Hi There

Well that was certainly a fast transaction!
Placed the order 26-10-2014 @ 17:05
Got the DGB in my wallet 26-10-2014 @ 17:37

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards  

Thx, keep us updated please.

Thx again!

Very cool...  just ordered a million myself! Even with card surcharge price is pretty much the same or maybe even a little cheaper as currently trading for BTC...! Not sure how they are making money on this?

UPDATE: Order placed at 13:17 GMT, in my wallet at 13:25!

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Hi There

Well that was certainly a fast transaction!
Placed the order 26-10-2014 @ 17:05
Got the DGB in my wallet 26-10-2014 @ 17:37

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards   

Thx, keep us updated please.

Thx again!

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

take a look at this

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy-2014-10-23

looks like cryptsy is in deep shit , I just transfered my digibyte from the exchange to my wallet .

Make sure to transfer all your DigiBytes out of Cryptsy to protect from losses in case this goes south for them. It is never a good idea to leave your DigiBytes or Bitcoin on any exchanged for too long. We have all seen too many exchanges fail.

It seems Cryptsy's practice of putting up a new pump & dump coin every week is now catching up with them. They are partially to blame for the eruption of new scam clones every week.

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Has anyone still not been able to withdraw their coins from Mintpal?

Shocked that the dev made this statement, when there are clearly other exchanges that are far FAR worse. You should keep your nose out of the politics and fix your own issues. Making bold statements like this against the ONLY decent exchange that is US based will hurt your credibility far worse that brick & mortar claims adaptation claims while you still had pre-mine funds, now we look @ weeks for fixes for inoperable algos. Funny how this all works.. when theres premine funds, hype it as much as possible, travel the world.. now that 'suposedly' you dont have premine funds (it seems this is actually the case), its all 2nd priority now. Typical. Want to cast stones, cast them @ exchanges like polo who is the epicenter of IPO scam coins. One more time for clarity, jumping on gossip trains makes you look very unprofessional. That being said, I still have my DGB, but for pete's sake..lets act like grown educated people & not 13 year old pre-pubecent little girls.

Jared has already clarified it above if you put your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

In case you did not put your glasses on:

We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.

My point is QUITE clear. Jared, Like most youngins tend to jump on bandwagons of gossipy crap in hopes to go with the ebb & flow of what 'appears' to be 'FACT' & 1st glance. In fact, part of taking him & digibyte seriosly as anything other than a pump & dump so he could get some world travel time in on our dimes is essential right now. Jumping to conclusions and then retracting statements is NOT the way to do business. May want to see a recent case of this with chip MFGR FTDI. They pretty much just within the past few days destroyed themselves. Retracted now means nothing, its already been documented that jumping to non-factual conclusions is OK for this coin team.Rubbish. See you all on the LTC markets in 2 months. :-D
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
I have been following Digibyte for a long time now, started mining and then started buying. they are serious about this crypto business.

On a side note, there's way too many alt coins. according to coinmarketcap.com, there's like 500++! I seriously think we need to start blacklisting some of them if some of those coins are already obsolete or are really out to scam people. Once we have that, the confidence of those alt coins in the whitelist will get boosted, which may in turn boost their price value, or at the very least, remained in tact.

Does Cryptsy do any Integrity Check on any of these alt coins before deciding to add them? It would be good to only add those who are seriously into the crypto business. They will need some guidelines or standards to follow by. such as properly contacting with the alt-coin devs to discuss and ensure that its all real before adding them. stuff like that.

But of course, if any serious alt coins intend to take advantage of this crypto situation as part of their strategy, by all means. But in time to come, we will eventually need to separate the real ones from the fake.

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

The thing you are telling here can be Easily achieved with regulation. Only serious coins have to register officially and they will need to get into business after at least 1 year beta phase or trial time. And there will be steps to take during this 1 year for those serious coins to prove, like registration fee, official company registration, declaring belongings, etc. Those coins left with premine would not register after the trial phase... Etc...

I am personally not against regulation as long as it is fair to everyone.
And i think regulation is gonna happen sometime sooner or altcoin will die right away.

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.

I think the opposite: this chaotic situation is pretty good, the pump and dumps only have the effect of immunizing the crypto communiy from price manipulation in the end the crypto community will progress however it finds a way, without big artificial swings.

Besides insignificant coins die on their own, let them be.

Regulation will definitley come at some point, but it'll probably be a mess and nobody will follow it, to the detriment of all, it's nothing to look forward to (policymakers, time after time, have proven to be unable to understand how these things work, and intend to keep ignoring simple math, but math > any regulation).

I respect.

We agree to disagree on how crypto should be. However, seems like we agree on the inevitability of regulation coming. Cheers.
Well that I DO understand, and that I certainly recommend everyone to do as well  Wink

Lawzt,
 I think what HR was saying is forget about what DGB's rate is and just go buy it for long term!

YC

Hi there

Regards   

Wow! The price is 0.00001400 instead of 0.00000020.

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.

Buy BTC, take it to Cryptsy, and use it to buy DGB!
Sorry but maybe I misunderstand you, but what is the point to buy BTC and take it to Cryptsy to buy DGB, when you can buy DGB directly with fiat at litebit. What is the point in paying fees 2 times? Smiley
Activity: 924
Lawzt,
 I think what HR was saying is forget about what DGB's rate is and just go buy it for long term!

YC

Hi there

Regards   

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.

Sorry but maybe I misunderstand you, but what is the point to buy BTC and take it to Cryptsy to buy DGB, when you can buy DGB directly with fiat at litebit. What is the point in paying fees 2 times? Smiley
Hi there

Regards   

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I have been following Digibyte for a long time now, started mining and then started buying. they are serious about this crypto business.

On a side note, there's way too many alt coins. according to coinmarketcap.com, there's like 500++! I seriously think we need to start blacklisting some of them if some of those coins are already obsolete or are really out to scam people. Once we have that, the confidence of those alt coins in the whitelist will get boosted, which may in turn boost their price value, or at the very least, remained in tact.

Does Cryptsy do any Integrity Check on any of these alt coins before deciding to add them? It would be good to only add those who are seriously into the crypto business. They will need some guidelines or standards to follow by. such as properly contacting with the alt-coin devs to discuss and ensure that its all real before adding them. stuff like that.

But of course, if any serious alt coins intend to take advantage of this crypto situation as part of their strategy, by all means. But in time to come, we will eventually need to separate the real ones from the fake.

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

The thing you are telling here can be Easily achieved with regulation. Only serious coins have to register officially and they will need to get into business after at least 1 year beta phase or trial time. And there will be steps to take during this 1 year for those serious coins to prove, like registration fee, official company registration, declaring belongings, etc. Those coins left with premine would not register after the trial phase... Etc...

And i think regulation is gonna happen sometime sooner or altcoin will die right away.

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.

I think the opposite: this chaotic situation is pretty good, the pump and dumps only have the effect of immunizing the crypto communiy from price manipulation in the end the crypto community will progress however it finds a way, without big artificial swings.

Besides insignificant coins die on their own, let them be.

Regulation will definitley come at some point, but it'll probably be a mess and nobody will follow it, to the detriment of all, it's nothing to look forward to (policymakers, time after time, have proven to be unable to understand how these things work, and intend to keep ignoring simple math, but math > any regulation).
legendary

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins with regulation (rest will be illegal) or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Hi there

Regards   

legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
If crypto survives and DGB goes ahead with a little bit better development and PR strategy, then my guess, yes we may see that price within 4-5 years...

I imagine we'll see that price a lot sooner, but whether it stays at that level for any meaningful time is anybody's guess.

I hope it won't take too long before we see a lot of copy/paste coins die and let the other survive and represent the CC community the right way. When it'll happen the price of the surviving coins will rise for sure.
Activity: 542
Merit: 250
If crypto survives and DGB goes ahead with a little bit better development and PR strategy, then my guess, yes we may see that price within 4-5 years...

I imagine we'll see that price a lot sooner, but whether it stays at that level for any meaningful time is anybody's guess.
legendary
Must be an error, since the charts show 1000 DGB = 0.03 EUR

YC

Hi there

Regards  

Read it ! it says, 1 DGB = 1000 !

Even though, it is clear in the text Smiley

0.00001400 this price could have been really cool indeed.

legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

take a look at this

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy-2014-10-23

looks like cryptsy is in deep shit , I just transfered my digibyte from the exchange to my wallet .

Make sure to transfer all your DigiBytes out of Cryptsy to protect from losses in case this goes south for them. It is never a good idea to leave your DigiBytes or Bitcoin on any exchanged for too long. We have all seen too many exchanges fail.

It seems Cryptsy's practice of putting up a new pump & dump coin every week is now catching up with them. They are partially to blame for the eruption of new scam clones every week.

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Shocked that the dev made this statement, when there are clearly other exchanges that are far FAR worse. You should keep your nose out of the politics and fix your own issues. Making bold statements like this against the ONLY decent exchange that is US based will hurt your credibility far worse that brick & mortar claims adaptation claims while you still had pre-mine funds, now we look @ weeks for fixes for inoperable algos. Funny how this all works.. when theres premine funds, hype it as much as possible, travel the world.. now that 'suposedly' you dont have premine funds (it seems this is actually the case), its all 2nd priority now. Typical. Want to cast stones, cast them @ exchanges like polo who is the epicenter of IPO scam coins. One more time for clarity, jumping on gossip trains makes you look very unprofessional. That being said, I still have my DGB, but for pete's sake..lets act like grown educated people & not 13 year old pre-pubecent little girls.

Jared has already clarified it above if you get your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

Mostly FUD or just stupidity for not being able to read info on this thread.
Must be an error, since the charts show 1000 DGB = 0.03 EUR

YC

Hi there

Regards  

legendary

take a look at this

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Jared has already clarified it above if you put your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

In case you did not put your glasses on:

We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.
legendary
My concern is that once people are able to mine, the sell pressure will be huge again.

I was right. Digishield 1.0 back please.

As I said before, if there is no news, then it will keep going down and down Wink There is nothing to stop it going down...
Sell pressure is getting higher along with no updates or good news for DGB... Or not much interesting development....

However, I still believe this is the calm before the storm...
I feel there is an intentional quietness here... So keep buying if you want to get good trading opportunity...
Disc: This is my personal thought.
legendary
Hi there

Regards   

This would be something fantastic for DGB to achieve which would help consumer adoption:

The Family That Mines Bitcoin Together Stays Together

Stan Higgins | Published on October 26, 2014 at 15:11 GMT   

For John Tuberosi, bitcoin mining has always been about family. Since he began mining digital currencies earlier this year, Tuberosi has slowly but surely recruited more members of his family, including his children, sister and brother.

Yet it was the addition of his mother to the family's mining operation last week that served as the catalyst for even wider interest within his tight-knit community back home in San Pedro, California, Tuberosi said.

He told CoinDesk:

“My mom has been doing everyone’s taxes since 1969. My mother is the most trusted and respected person in this town. People found out she was mining last week and there’s been a line outside my door with people wanting to learn more.”

Tuberosi’s mining operation has evolved since it began taking shape in January. A few graphics cards turned into a basement of ASICs, and today, Tuberosi maintains a portfolio of both hardware and cloud-based mining resources that he says continues to grow.

Since starting the JustUsMining group 9 months ago, Tuberosi said, he has felt more personally driven and focused than ever before in his life. The inclusion of his wife and children in the process – his kids have their own miners and his daughter helps manage the family’s BTC accounts – has made the journey a personal one.

According to Tuberosi, the experience of mining digital currencies hasn't just been about making money or chasing a new opportunity. Recent bitcoin-funded trips, including one to the Hashers United mining conference in Las Vegas, underscore what Tuberosi calls a complete transformation of his and his family’s lives.
Early trials

Tuberosi’s interest in bitcoin began in 2013, when an investment tip prompted him to become an early adopter. The technology’s now-infamous price surge at the end of that year convinced him of the opportunity that lie inside mining and generating new coins, motivating him to start seriously investigating hardware for a home-based rig.

At the outset, though, he wasn’t sure where to begin.

“I had no idea what I was doing. None at all. The first computer chip took two days to build, it was nothing but errors.”

Tuberosi said he fell into a trap familiar to many who decide to get into personal computing: buying expensive equipment you simply don’t need. After a while, he continued, he came to understand the steps needed and, over time, was able to get his first GPU-based rig running.

Yet the process of achieving profitability wasn’t over. He said:

“I get my first electricity bill. My God. I was using high-end cards that were sucking so much juice. I look at my wife and say, we need to do something different.”

Tuberosi was able to capitalize on a big upswing in demand for graphics cards earlier this year, exchanging the hardware for lower-wattage cards that he said delivered better results. Tuberosi turned those early profits into even more equipment, including then-new ASICs through Gridseed and GAWMiners.

The time wasn’t without risk, Tuberosi said. A big increase in public interest surrounding digital currency gave rise to scams that targeted individuals interested in mining.

Citing a “nose” for suspicious business ideas, Tuberosi described instances in which he would come into conflict with companies claiming to sell the latest equipment.

“I was calling these people, I would smell something bad and I’d question them, I’d tell them – I caught you,” he said. “You’re mining, you’ve got nothing for sale and these people would hang up. I caught all these scams, so I had to build.”
Ramp up

Though blocks were being discovered and money was being made, Tuberosi explained that the result was a rather cluttered home in San Pedro.

By May, the venture reached a point in which makeshift solutions for power and infrastrucure needed to be addressed.

“I had my GPUs in my living room while my kids watched TV -- you couldn’t even watch TV anymore,” Tuberosi said. “I had extension cords running all through my house to bring the energy, so I hit on the idea to completely remodel my office.”

Tuberosi invested nearly $30,000 transforming his home office to meet the power needs of his mining rig. During this time, he continued to acquire ASICs and navigate a tricky business environment in which hardware was regularly delayed, disrupting growth plans.

It was around this time that the price of litecoin and many alternative digital currencies – as well as market volume – began to decline. This put pressure on profitability, driving Tuberosi to look at cloud-based options as his home mine grew.

The downturn also prompted those close to him to suggest that he consider pulling back on the mining venture. He and his family took a bitcoin-funded trip to Hawaii to celebrate his daughter’s birthday. It was during the trip, Tuberosi said, that he reaffirmed his decision to continue investing and building his mine.

He added:

“I knew inside that they didn’t know what this thing is. And when someone tells me to stop doing something, I’m the guy that says, watch me go. They tell me I can’t do it, I say watch me.”

Family focus

According to Tuberosi, the ability to give back to his family has been the best part of the experience. Thanks to the investment and income generated, he said, he was able to fly his wife to Argentina to see her mother, explaining:

“Her mother’s 80th birthday was October 3rd. I tell my wife, how would you like to go down to Argentina to surprise her for her birthday. She asks, you can do that? I say yes, you can – with bitcoin.”

“It’s incredible, he added, laughing. “Then the questions from my family rolled in.”

Phone call after phone call, Tuberosi continued, resulted in a number of friends and family members making investments of their own. He spent several weeks helping them set up their own mining rigs or configuring cloud purchases online.

Soon, even his mother was expressing interest in mining digital currency.
Looking ahead

Like most miners, Tuberosi freely acknowledged the long-term challenges of mining. Yet when asked if he would do anything differently, he said the experience has changed him as a person in ways that make the ups and downs worth it:

“I’ve never, ever in my life, been so on top of everything. Never. You know what [mining] is? A great system for self-empowerment.”

Tuberosi continued by saying he sees a bright future in the technology, both as a means of transacting as well as a method for connecting people. He pointed to his mother’s recent adoption of mining and the groundswell of interest from those around him as proof that digital currency can change lives.

“It’s more than just money – it’s the way people things transact with each other,” he said.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/family-mines-bitcoin-together-stays-together/
Jump to: