Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1286. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Agreed. Definitely need more information on the main page to provide unique benefits, any newsworthy items, etc to differentiate. It's what folks read immediately to make an assessment.

YC

It reads as interested people are loosing their interest when they see OP   Shocked
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inviting-doge-naut-and-ltc-communities-to-join-digibyte-746983

In fact, other coins have much more information on their OP. I suggest to add all infos about Digishield, Multi-Algo and the road-map in to the OP. At least a conclusion of each with a link to the appropriate site on....oh, wait - what's the URL of Digibyte website again? Can't find it. Maybe linking the big graphic to it? Wink
Also, OP is still missing the latest block explorers, pools and exchanges. Just a hint Smiley
Activity: 984
It reads as interested people are loosing their interest when they see OP   Shocked
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/inviting-doge-naut-and-ltc-communities-to-join-digibyte-746983

In fact, other coins have much more information on their OP. I suggest to add all infos about Digishield, Multi-Algo and the road-map in to the OP. At least a conclusion of each with a link to the appropriate site on....oh, wait - what's the URL of Digibyte website again? Can't find it. Maybe linking the big graphic to it? Wink
Also, OP is still missing the latest block explorers, pools and exchanges. Just a hint Smiley
Activity: 152
Merit: 100

Greetings,

Can someone tell me if I can try to mine some DGB (as a noob test with my regular PC) with my geforce GTX 660 please ?

I've checked the help page of Bonesoul's pool but it seems I can't but I'm not sure.

and if possible I'm looking for a miner without a virus detected with it by my antivirus.

Thanks for your help
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hello can someone answer this please?

Hello

Can someone please explain the block reward schedule before and after the fork?

I see the ANN page mentions 8k / block but I see many early blocks rewarding 72 000? thats 9 times as many coins

what am I missing?

There was a 0.5% premine, I would assume that the first 1439 blocks were set to a payout of 72000 for the premine. (I couldn't find any explanation for this, but it seems the most likely reason)

The first three days of the launch were set to 16000 coins per block. (I found this information in the coin description on Cryptsy, I assume it's somewhere on the Digibyte page, but I couldn't find it there)

The launch happened on sometime on January 12, with block 1440, which was 16000 coins.(I found this by examining the blockchain)

The payout then changed to 8000 on block 5760 (3 days later, found this in the blockchain), and has reduced slowly ever since. Currently the block reward is around 7686.

Ok

Thanks for the explanation, maybe it should be posted on the first post to prevent confusion.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!

Hello

I see the ANN page mentions 8k / block but I see many early blocks rewarding 72 000? thats 9 times as many coins

what am I missing?

There was a 0.5% premine, I would assume that the first 1439 blocks were set to a payout of 72000 for the premine. (I couldn't find any explanation for this, but it seems the most likely reason)

The first three days of the launch were set to 16000 coins per block. (I found this information in the coin description on Cryptsy, I assume it's somewhere on the Digibyte page, but I couldn't find it there)

The launch happened on sometime on January 12, with block 1440, which was 16000 coins.(I found this by examining the blockchain)

The payout then changed to 8000 on block 5760 (3 days later, found this in the blockchain), and has reduced slowly ever since. Currently the block reward is around 7686.
You may want to check the prior posts here to see what Jared said about the new multi algo update. We may need to ask him for something more official than that.

YC

Ryven,
 Good to see you! Can you reach out to them?

YC

Thanks! I've been lurking but was preparing for Cryptolina and in the middle of trying to sell a house/move so things have been busy. I can tell Herald in my own words of course but if there's an official press release we've been using I'd prefer that. Mostly just to make sure the right information is getting out.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Also we need the Digibyte facebook page to get more attention. I think facebook is a really good way to reach out to people who never heard about Digibyte/cryptoworld.

Something like this on altcoinherald website.

https://altcoinherald.com/giveaways/

I'm willing to donate 15000 digibytes when this starts.(or something like this offcourse)

Activity: 146
Reached out to David to get coverage for DGB. Let's see if he responds back.

http://davidseaman.com/topic/digibyte-overview-long-term-sustainability/

YC

It appears you can post on his forum and he checks that.

According to http://davidseaman.com/blog/

Looks like he is active on twitter so that might work as well.

Thanks for the post YC, we should let David know when we are officially mining on the multi-algo update.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Ryven,

YC

Thanks! I've been lurking but was preparing for Cryptolina and in the middle of trying to sell a house/move so things have been busy. I can tell Herald in my own words of course but if there's an official press release we've been using I'd prefer that. Mostly just to make sure the right information is getting out.
Ryven,

YC

Maybe also altcoinherald? They've got a couple thousand followers on Twitter.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Maybe also altcoinherald? They've got a couple thousand followers on Twitter.
Reached out to David to get coverage for DGB. Let's see if he responds back.

http://davidseaman.com/topic/digibyte-overview-long-term-sustainability/

YC

How do we contact David? Would be great to have him do an overview of DGB and some of the new features being rolled out.

YC

I don't have any contacts there but as a list, here are some other places we should contact for PR.

bitcoinist.net
followthecoin.net
Interview with David Seaman   http://davidseaman.com/

I don't have any contacts there but as a list, here are some other places we should contact for PR.

bitcoinist.net
followthecoin.net
Interview with David Seaman   http://davidseaman.com/

Hello

what am I missing?

Sorry i can't, i dont want to spread false information.
I'm sure jared/Digibyte team will provide you the information when they read this.
Kayahoga & 24,
 I think this is positive. If you guys can help contact Coindesk to get a feature story from Jared regarding multi algo, that would be great publicity. Do anyone of you have a contact there?

YC

So, whos next on the "hit list" , who do we need to contact next to get the ball rolling?  I kind of want to make a list of who all we need to contact and start going through one by one.  There are enough of us here that we can hopefully reach everyone very quickly.

Exchange wise, I think Cryptsy is the next one that will hopefully be done today, then the two exchanges with the most volume should be taken care of.

+1
that will really help to get the word out!
Maybe a nice article placed on a  Bitcoin/altcoin  information website. (coindesk,....?)

Did lazycoins already update to the multi-algo wallet?
I tweeted them about it just a minute ago.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Hello

what am I missing?

So, whos next on the "hit list" , who do we need to contact next to get the ball rolling?  I kind of want to make a list of who all we need to contact and start going through one by one.  There are enough of us here that we can hopefully reach everyone very quickly.

Exchange wise, I think Cryptsy is the next one that will hopefully be done today, then the two exchanges with the most volume should be taken care of.

+1
that will really help to get the word out!
Maybe a nice article placed on a  Bitcoin/altcoin  information website. (coindesk,....?)

Did lazycoins already update to the multi-algo wallet?
I tweeted them about it just a minute ago.
Also send them a ticket.

So, whos next on the "hit list" , who do we need to contact next to get the ball rolling?  I kind of want to make a list of who all we need to contact and start going through one by one.  There are enough of us here that we can hopefully reach everyone very quickly.

Jump to: