Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1526. (Read 3058803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
+1 for DigiShield

+1
Funny, we decided on this name yesterday. It appears all the great minds in the DigiByte community think alike! Glad to see it was arrived at independently of the dev team!
legendary
Please feel free to come to IRC to discuss the difficulty adjustment: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#digibytecoin
legendary
We are officially naming this update:DigiByte v 2.0.0-DigiShield

Each successive major release of DigiByte will be accompanied with a "Digi" name.

The DigiShield update will serve two main purposes: To shield from multi-pools and an over inflation of new coins (0.5% weekly reward reduction). We are testing a few more configurations before we release the update. We are pushing back the block where the changes will kick in to next Friday.

After testing multiple configurations (30+) of our own code, the Kimoto Gravity Well and Earthcoins one minute block configuration we have learned a few important lessons over the last week.

First, it is essential that a re-target occur with every block. There is just no other way to do it. Second, it is not possible to allow for a faster re-target than 60 seconds as multiple errors occur and the client crashes while mining (with 60 second block spacing). Third, even the Kimoto Gravity Well allows for a fair amount of "insta" mining following a major hash increase. So does the Earthcoin approach. Both are not very effective and will still allow multi-pools a few minutes of mining and are not all they are hyped up to be. Earthcoin still gets hit by multi-pools for 11-12 minutes at a time. Same will happen to DigiByte even with a KMG implementation.

The truth is both those approaches limit the amount the difficulty is allowed to change each time. This becomes an even bigger issue with a sudden hash decrease. While simulating a sudden 20-40 fold hash decrease the Gravity well can become "stuck" for a few hours before evening out again. Since it takes several blocks for the hash to come back down it really adds up when it takes 20-30 minutes to discover each block for awhile. Same with the Earthcoin approach, this is why they get "stuck" for 20-40 minutes following an 11 minute hash increase from Hash cow.

We know a 20-40 fold hash increase is not usual, but it could happen. More than likely we will only see a 5-10 fold increase. Non the less, we want to make sure we can handle sudden extremes very quickly.

With our own custom implementation we have tested many different variations on how far the difficulty is allowed to jump each block. The more we allow the difficulty to jump, the faster it adapts. Pretty much every scrypt based coin out there only allows a jump by a factor of 4 within a block retarget. This is most likely because that is what Litecoin implemented. This makes sense with a multi day difficulty re-target (Litecoin 3.5 days), as anything more could kill a coin as a dramatic hash increase could push the difficulty so high it took weeks for the next re-target to occur for a new or smaller coin with limited hash.

Litecoin limit code:
// Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 4;

We feel pushing this up from a factor of 4 to a factor of 200-2000 is the way to go. This allows for very dramatic adjustments with every block which means very quick adjustments to hash movements. This approach has far out performed the Gravity Well or Earthcoin code. There are a few other settings that play into the difficulty adjustment process, but we have seen the most success moving this # upwards in conjunction with a few other settings.

We have made instant hash simulations going form 200-8000 kh and then vice versa. We have also tested 200 - 4000, 200 -2000 and a few others. As expected the 200 - 8000 kh swings (40 x) are the most dramatic and cause most configurations to be "stuck" for an hour or more (KMG included).

KMG works fine for smaller adjustments every block, but offers no additional benefit with major hash swings. It basically "breaks" with very large hash swings.

Our delay right now is deciding exactly how much we should allow the difficulty to adjust with each block. The performance from our tests indicates the equivalent of 200x allows for the fastest adjustments up and down within a reasonable amount of time.
// Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 200;

Is there something we are over looking here? With a much higher (actual) hash load will this adjustment act differently? What are the dangers of allowing very large diff swings like this?

Also, with a higher difficulty # like the 10-20 range we currently see, will we see any other phenomena that we can't test in the low hash test-net environment? Are we on the right path? What are your thoughts?
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How about AMPStorm! :p

jus kidding..
AMPVortex, maybe?
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1004
BTC
why is the price so low?
   someone dumped almost 2 million coins at about 43  drove price back down again.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
digibyte The best investment
Activity: 238
For the new difficulty i think a Digi[something] could be good. Than if someone take it for is coin he need to implements the Digi[something] like everycoin implements today KGW...
Could be a good advertising for DigiByte at low cost...

DigiShield seems good, we need a protected coin Wink

Definitely Cheesy
Activity: 142
For the new difficulty i think a Digi[something] could be good. Than if someone take it for his coin he need to implement the Digi[something] like every coin implements today KGW...
Could be a good advertising for DigiByte at low cost...

DigiShield seems good, we need a protected coin Wink
Activity: 392
Activity: 392
look here for my new digibyte trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrb4gTPmvI
vote here for my new digibyte trailer:http://digibytetalk.com/digibyte-announcements/vote-for-my-video-trailer/

and please give feedback what I can do better, I'll be chance it in the new digibyte trailer!
Activity: 393
Does someone know when the new source will be released ?
So I can update my p2pools and my wallets as soon as possible.
thanks

must be today i think not soo sure, theyr stressing the new wallet to the point it wont fail for us!

Ok, I see.
will watch the thread then time to time.
Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
thanks

must be today i think not soo sure, theyr stressing the new wallet to the point it wont fail for us!
Activity: 393
thanks
Activity: 238
**DigiByte now with new AMP code**
My suggestion for a name is: AntiMultiPool in short AMP Code

DGB Secure Hash - The Anti Multi-Pool Algo. sounds good also, meets the work done!

DGB-AMP-Shield

Yes these are very good Cheesy
DigiShyeld  DiffiShyeld  DigiShield  DiffiShield Dig-Ishield  Dig! I Shield
DGB-AMP-Shield
DIGI-MOON-Shield (forteh|LOL)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
DigiShyeld  DiffiShyeld  DigiShield  DiffiShield Dig-Ishield  Dig! I Shield
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
Would be nice if you could let everyone know a definite time when the update will be released, you have missed 2 time slots so far.
We apologize, we are getting closer.

We have ran through some very in depth tests. We have proved the KMG is not all it is cracked up to be. We have been up working on it for 14 hours now today so it will be tomorrow morning as it is approaching 2 AM here. We would much rather have a delayed update than a failed one.

I've fiddled with the wallet before, and if I understand correctly your simulating hash increases and decreases...  That has got to be miserable, lol.  You get to experience how it feels to have a multi-pool spike the difficulty over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again........

Good luck with that, lol.
Yes, that about sums it up. And we have destroyed several configurations with it, including the gravity well. What we have came up with will be much better because of the extreme testing. Smiley

Once again, give it a fancy name. One thing we need to do more than this update is stand out from the crowd not just catch up to what everyone else has already done. If you have something better make sure people know about it.

My suggestion for a name is: DiffActive or alternatively DigiDiff or DifImprov

+1, that sounds catchy enough to get some attention! good suggestion!
Would be nice if you could let everyone know a definite time when the update will be released, you have missed 2 time slots so far.
We apologize, we are getting closer.

We have ran through some very in depth tests. We have proved the KMG is not all it is cracked up to be. We have been up working on it for 14 hours now today so it will be tomorrow morning as it is approaching 2 AM here. We would much rather have a delayed update than a failed one.

I've fiddled with the wallet before, and if I understand correctly your simulating hash increases and decreases...  That has got to be miserable, lol.  You get to experience how it feels to have a multi-pool spike the difficulty over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again........

Good luck with that, lol.
Yes, that about sums it up. And we have destroyed several configurations with it, including the gravity well. What we have came up with will be much better because of the extreme testing. Smiley

Once again, give it a fancy name. One thing we need to do more than this update is stand out from the crowd not just catch up to what everyone else has already done. If you have something better make sure people know about it.

My suggestion for a name is: DiffActive or alternatively DigiDiff or DifImprov

DGB Secure Hash - The Anti Multi-Pool Algo. sounds good also, meets the work done!
Activity: 285
DigiDiff sounds okay.
How about MultiResist?
Jump to: