Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1525. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Great news! We appear to have found the winning combination for the re-target in the DigiShield update!

We discovered the optimum combination was to set a different limit for difficulty increases vs decreases. By doing this we are able to recover or adjust to a 8-10x increase or decrease in net hash within just a few blocks. By having the limits high for both increases and decreases we were able to adjust rapidly to hash swings, but an annoying "oscillation" of block timings emerged. Two fast, then two slow. To fix this we discovered by having lower limits on increases and higher limits on difficulty decreases the oscillation was mitigated and overall performance and re-targeting improved dramatically.

We are now running tests on the network for a few hours to get a running block average and we will also simulate a few more hash swings. We are 99% finished though! Thank you for your support and patience! The extra time we have spent testing over the last 5 days will most definitely pay off for everyone in the long run! With DigiShield we are offering a solution to the re-target problem never seen before in a coin!
[/quote

DigiByte to the moon !!! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Great news! We appear to have found the winning combination for the re-target in the DigiShield update!

We discovered the optimum combination was to set a different limit for difficulty increases vs decreases. By doing this we are able to recover or adjust to a 8-10x increase or decrease in net hash within just a few blocks. By having the limits high for both increases and decreases we were able to adjust rapidly to hash swings, but an annoying "oscillation" of block timings emerged. Two fast, then two slow. To fix this we discovered by having lower limits on increases and higher limits on difficulty decreases the oscillation was mitigated and overall performance and re-targeting improved dramatically.

We are now running tests on the network for a few hours to get a running block average and we will also simulate a few more hash swings. We are 99% finished though! Thank you for your support and patience! The extra time we have spent testing over the last 5 days will most definitely pay off for everyone in the long run! With DigiShield we are offering a solution to the re-target problem never seen before in a coin!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Nice professional update guide!!!!!!!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
ok ! So I've been testing my p2pool for the last 24hours, and it's running smoothly , got my miner there , rented some rigs from all 4 corners of the world to try it out and it's a go. Again thank you HollowStorm for the easy guide , guys have a look at it on the reddit page .

http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/1xw61x/p2pool_how_to_make_your_own_personal_p2pool_node/

Can you guys add my node : http://digibyte.no-ip.biz:32412/
located in Montreal Canada . 1%fee

Thx !
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I just burned out my 6870 mining digibytes  Embarrassed I've been mining every night since the day after launch. Guess i should have watched my temps a little better. Now I need the prices to go up if I want to replace it. No more mining for me  Cry I have faith in digibyte though, and im sure it will eventually be enough to replace my card so i can mine even more!  Grin

edit: spelling stuff  Roll Eyes

That really sucks. Alot.
Mining with CPU now? Tongue
Activity: 3
I just burned out my 6870 mining digibytes  Embarrassed I've been mining every night since the day after launch. Guess i should have watched my temps a little better. Now I need the prices to go up if I want to replace it. No more mining for me  Cry I have faith in digibyte though, and im sure it will eventually be enough to replace my card so i can mine even more!  Grin

edit: spelling stuff  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Still supporting this coin it is indeed has the potential
Activity: 56
legendary
+1
Funny, we decided on this name yesterday. It appears all the great minds in the DigiByte community think alike! Glad to see it was arrived at independently of the dev team!

Happy that I proposed that name for my first post ever on bitcointalk Smiley

Welcome to the community! Whats your DGB address?
Activity: 56

+1
Funny, we decided on this name yesterday. It appears all the great minds in the DigiByte community think alike! Glad to see it was arrived at independently of the dev team!

Happy that I proposed that name for my first post ever on bitcointalk Smiley

Activity: 84
I appreciate you want to get it right the first time but there comes a point when you just need to get something out to stop the multipools, I'm not sure how much lower DGB will go with another week of abuse. A lot of people have already stopped mining DGB, going to be hard to win them back, Digibyte can't grow with only a small community of loyal followers.
legendary
// Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 200;

Is there something we are over looking here? With a much higher (actual) hash load will this adjustment act differently? What are the dangers of allowing very large diff swings like this?

Also, with a higher difficulty # like the 10-20 range we currently see, will we see any other phenomena that we can't test in the low hash test-net environment? Are we on the right path? What are your thoughts?

I think this might give miners a lot (as in, A LOT) of rejects as soon as the difficulty adjusts, unless your tests say otherwise.
Good point to consider! Thanks for the feedback! We will look at that more in depth.
Activity: 70
// Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 200;

Is there something we are over looking here? With a much higher (actual) hash load will this adjustment act differently? What are the dangers of allowing very large diff swings like this?

Also, with a higher difficulty # like the 10-20 range we currently see, will we see any other phenomena that we can't test in the low hash test-net environment? Are we on the right path? What are your thoughts?

I think this might give miners a lot (as in, A LOT) of rejects as soon as the difficulty adjusts, unless your tests say otherwise.
Activity: 238
@digibyte

do you like my video?
can I made what better for you/digibyte/digibytecommination?

or I must be delete the video?

tell me please...

I honestly think it looks really bad. Very nice attempt but with only 11 seconds.. I think less is better. Think "Theatrical" almost like a movie trailer that only shows a "glimpse" of something but makes a huge impact.

Agreed.  Not to be negative but that video is very amature.  And the audio quality is highly distorted.
Activity: 24
@digibyte

do you like my video?

tell me please...

I honestly think it looks really bad. Very nice attempt but with only 11 seconds.. I think less is better. Think "Theatrical" almost like a movie trailer that only shows a "glimpse" of something but makes a huge impact.
legendary
@digibyte

do you like my video?

tell me please...
We are not opposed to any videos people make promoting DigiByte in a positive manner! Looks fine to us!

Thank you for taking the time to put it together!

Any other promotional material you put together is much appreciated. Feel free to use any of the DigiByte logos's etc to do so!
Activity: 392
@digibyte

do you like my video?

tell me please...
legendary
+1 for DigiShield

+1
Your development show capacity and humildity to this comunity! a very rare principle with smooth decisions always asking for our opinion... im definitely holding now! had my doubts being honest here! and sorry my bad english, my wife always help me but she's not here.
Thank you for your feedback and support! No worries about the enlgish. Smiley
Activity: 392
look here for my new digibyte trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrb4gTPmvI
vote here for my new digibyte trailer:http://digibytetalk.com/digibyte-announcements/vote-for-my-video-trailer/

and please give feedback what I can do better, I'll be chance it in the new digibyte trailer!

Activity: 140
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
+1 for DigiShield

+1
Your development show capacity and humildity to this comunity! a very rare principle with smooth decisions always asking for our opinion... im definitely holding now! had my doubts being honest here! and sorry my bad english, my wife always help me but she's not here.
Jump to: