Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1528. (Read 3058803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
We wanted to give another update to let you know that we are testing and comparing the Kimoto Gravity Well implementation against our own custom re-target code. We wanted to make sure we release the best possible solution for the current multi-pool problem. As no one has been able to give us a technical description of KMG, nor can we find much reading material on it we are testing exactly how it performs under load with DigiByte code.

We have recompiled and tested about thirty different code configurations over the past few days. We are timing re-targets and averaging them out over several hours. We are also simulating up to a 40 fold instant hash increase or decrease. We want to find the best possible solution that will serve DigiByte many years into the future.

We apologize for the delays, but we would rather do things right the first time then have to re-fork and re-update a few weeks or months later.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Fair enough. I'm eager to see the visual changes to the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Will we get updated Windows/Linux/Android/Mac wallets at the same time?

Take your time and get things right before releasing the wallet update. I don't know about the rest but I'd rather wait an extra day than getting a half-arsed release. By the sound of it you're on the right track!

I still have faith in the dev team and this coin.
We will be trickling them out one at a time. We will release git source first, then Windows & Linux and Mac will probably be last with Android in the middle.

We will make sure to test them all before hand. We will announce as each is released.
Activity: 112
Will we get updated Windows/Linux/Android/Mac wallets at the same time?

Take your time and get things right before releasing the wallet update. I don't know about the rest but I'd rather wait an extra day than getting a half-arsed release. By the sound of it you're on the right track!

I still have faith in the dev team and this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
So we are still only at one vote on coinpayments (my vote)
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks

Does anyone have experience with their system? At least their description of themselves seems quite useful for merchants:
We are an easy to integrate payment gateway for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Litecoin with low fees. Whether using one of our buttons or a full shopping cart our API is designed to be simple and provides a polled interface or Instant Payment Notification (IPN). If you have ever programmed for PayPal™'s IPN system it is just as easy.

Let's get added!
Voting link:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
So do we expect price to start rising next Wednesday, once the new changes take effect?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
the first digibyte trailer stays on:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrb4gTPmvI
(11 seconds)

donation always welcome
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Really love this coin, hopefully the update sorts out the multipool issue.  After that it will be smooth sailing.

I am continually buying DGB on coinmarket, pretty sure this is gonna go up big time once more people get onboard.

Grin
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Was hoping for that difficulty adjustment to come in a bit earlier. Multipools are really messing with the difficulty now

I believe the code is planned to be released today.  Lots of last minute testing to be sure everything is perfect last thing I heard Smiley
Activity: 210
Was hoping for that difficulty adjustment to come in a bit earlier. Multipools are really messing with the difficulty now
Activity: 94
Activity: 70
Yes, Im Preparing the guides.. and dotabeard's gonna be hosting em Smiley

@MintZone
Thanks Tongue
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
HollowStorm, you're doing some good stuff  Grin

There are numerous benefits Tongue

1) You get paid directly to your wallet and instantly after the p2pool network finds a block. You do not have to trust the MPOS Pool operator with your payouts, anymore..!
2) You get 0.5% bonus over the standard PPLNS Payout if you find a block
3) The P2pool network is DDOS resistant, you do not lose your shares. If a P2pool goes down for maintainance and you join a another p2pool.. your shares are saved and will be paid for!
4) P2pools have an anti Pool-hopping mechanism. New Miners must go through around 12 hours of mining to get the first payout. That means the difficulty in the p2pool that your mining in will not swing left and right...
5) Check out Whatisp2pool.com for more info.. im bound to be missing some good points Tongue

Big up for P2Pool promotion HollowStorm! Miners are started to apprehend the benefits of p2pool mining. You or dota (can't remember correctly) mentioned that you will be writing articles to help miners understand the p2p benefits - how is that going?

Still working on it Smiley

Going well  Wink

edit: @DjstarX received, thanks! Cheesy

UPDATE: 30000 DGB Bounty is still Up! http://redd.it/1y2gtw
Have received an entrant for Professional Digibyte P2POOL Video Guide
Activity: 224

1) You get paid directly to your wallet and instantly after the p2pool network finds a block. You do not have to trust the MPOS Pool operator with your payouts, anymore..!
3) The P2pool network is DDOS resistant, you do not lose your shares. If a P2pool goes down for maintainance and you join a another p2pool.. your shares are saved and will be paid for!
4) P2pools have an anti Pool-hopping mechanism. New Miners must go through around 12 hours of mining to get the first payout. That means the difficulty in the p2pool that your mining in will not swing left and right...
5) Check out Whatisp2pool.com for more info.. im bound to be missing some good points Tongue

Big up for P2Pool promotion HollowStorm! Miners are started to apprehend the benefits of p2pool mining. You or dota (can't remember correctly) mentioned that you will be writing articles to help miners understand the p2p benefits - how is that going?
Activity: 111
Good news indeed !

Good things happening  . Can anyone help me test my p2pool ? I've gonne trough the setup as per HollowStorm guide (thanks by the way ! great work ) so far I can see the front page and it seems to be running , but can't connect my miner on it , even fowarded the port to see if it would work .

temp address : http://69.165.210.94:32412/static/

I would like to know if the issue is with my miner config or the p2pool .

Thanks !

Are you getting HW errors?

Sending 1 of my miners there in a jiffy Tongue

No error , just stays red as in not working ...No shares or anything

Wait !!! is DNzGiaAFLaUryhvAS3yDoAeBFGn8PC5UQo  that you ?

Yep, thats me! Meet my 7870 Tongue

You're pools working fine man! Congrats!

Ask the Digibyte Devs to list it on digibyte.co and post your Node info once the p2pool is ready in the reddit tutorial so that i may add it to the list.

Also, Be ready for my HOW TO: on updating the Digibyte Code and p2pool files. Will be doing that before the BIG Digibyte Update!

Thank you !! it's working

I sent you a little something on  DGo4MogJ1u9pzoxtVk84j6wNpicqYqemnU , if all goes well , I'll add it within 24H .
Good news indeed !

Good things happening  . Can anyone help me test my p2pool ? I've gonne trough the setup as per HollowStorm guide (thanks by the way ! great work ) so far I can see the front page and it seems to be running , but can't connect my miner on it , even fowarded the port to see if it would work .

Thanks !

Yep, thats me! Meet my 7870 Tongue

You're pools working fine man! Congrats!

Ask the Digibyte Devs to list it on digibyte.co and post your Node info once the p2pool is ready in the reddit tutorial so that i may add it to the list.

Also, Be ready for my HOW TO: on updating the Digibyte Code and p2pool files. Will be doing that before the BIG Digibyte Update!
Am I the only miner on pickaxe??

Is there any benefit to these P2P pools I see shouted out?

Activity: 111
Good news indeed !

Thanks !

Jump to: