Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1542. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Thanks for help! God is a ....
Reduce the block reward by a certain percentage each week for either; 10, 15, or 20 years

This is not faire for who want to mine DGB now... The oringinal is good enough.
Then 8,000 DGB Per Block, Reward Halves Every 2 Years

And one more question: The Network Hashrate is : 1,949.19 MH/s    . I count all pool hashrate from the pools published on http://www.digibyte.co/, and the result is ~600 MH/s.

So my question is: Is there any private pool which has big Hashrate? And the private pool's hashrate is over 51%.....
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
We wanted to share our thoughts with everyone on the upcoming DigiByte update we are working on.

Here is what we would like to accomplish with the upcoming update:

1) Change block difficulty re-target to 1 minute to resist multi-pool mining & dumps to help steadily build the price.
2) Add more checkpoints, super-nodes and seeders.
3) Update to latest version of Bitcoin/Litecoin client.
4) Reduce the block reward by a certain percentage each week for either; 10, 15, or 20 years.

Gravity Well vs Re-Target
From our research we can not see what if any advantage the gravity well would offer over simply changing the re-target time to 1 minute. In fact, the gravity well would actually allow for more coins to be mined for a few minutes after a dramatic instant hash increase when compared to changing the difficulty re-target to 1 minute. The gravity well implementation would complicate things for us and cause issues with our Android wallet. Since both achieve the same desired result (ending multi-pool driven hash swings & coin dumps). We would like to travel down the path of least resistance.

Built in Wallet Update Feature
Xploited had the best answer to this. Isn't the point of a crypto currency to avoid centralization? By implementing a single location that all wallets can update from we are also implementing a single point of failure to the network that could potentially be taken over by an attacker who could cripple the network. We want to make sure DigiByte will remain strong and resilient to attacks.

Block Reward Increase
The idea of producing most of the coins right away and entering the deflation stage as soon as possible is very interesting to think about. However, at this point we feel there are several reasons why we should not go this route. Had we talked about this before we launched it might be a different story, but not now that we are way beyond launch.

It would be very unethical and unprofessional of us to increase the block reward. This would cause an immediate decrease in price and as such it would be very discourteous to current investors. Some of which have invested several thousand dollars worth of Bitcoin into DigiByte.

Another reason for not mining all the coins right away is mining itself. Mining keeps a coins network strong. In order to keep miners mining, they need coins to mine. Just look at Quark, many miners have jumped ship and the threat of a 51% attack from bot nets continues to increase. Miners should and do deserve to be incentived well into the future.

Block Reward Decrease
We are not looking to do anything dramatic here. Instead we are looking for a solution that will benefit everyone. Miners, current investors and future investors. We are considering three potential options to change the block reward. These will a gradual block reward % reduction every 7 days.

Current amount of coins left to be mined: 20,400,000,000
Block Percentage Reduction Every: 10107.69230769231 Blocks (1 week)

Option 1:
20 Years: Block reward reduces every week by a small percentage so that the last coin is minted 20 years from now.
20x365x24x60= 10,512,000 Blocks
20 x 52 weeks= 1040 Weeks

20,400,000,000 DGB / 10,512,000 Blocks = 1940.64 DigiByte reward average per block over 20 years.

Option 2:
15 Years: Block reward reduces every week by a small percentage so that the last coin is minted 15 years from now.
15x365x24x60= 7,884,000 Blocks
15 x 52 weeks= 780 Weeks

20,400,000,000 DGB / 7,884,000 Blocks = 2587.52 DigiByte reward average per block over 15 years.

Option 3:
10 Years: Block reward reduces every week by a small percentage so that the last coin is minted 10 years from now.
10x365x24x60= 5,256,000 Blocks
10 x 52 weeks = 520 Weeks

20,400,000,000 DGB / 5,256,000 Blocks = 3881.28 DigiByte reward average per block over 10 years.

So what does everyone think? What is the best solution? How would you do things different?

Note: After running through several calculations it looks like 0.5% is the sweet spot for a weekly reduction. This gives DigiByte over 20 years of profitable mining. Explaining a 0.4143583% reduction would confuse many people. A nice half percent decrease is much easier for people to calculate and for us to market.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
@DigiByte  
When are you changing the retargeting time for difficulty ?

EDIT: Hashco went on DGB again diff 7 to 22 and then they left...
EDIT: @Gazza1 you may contact me to try my p2pool if you can't anymore with pools  Smiley

Were working on it and will have a scheduled release date soon. To avoid multiple mandatory updates for future releases we want to make sure we add in anything we had planned that might cause that now.

I think everyone would be happy to wait an extra day or two if you can get everything which needs to be done done in one simple update Smiley
legendary
can someone email smalltimeminer and tell them to fix their pool

They just came back online. I'm not sure if the pool was affected or not tho as I haven't checked how many coins I was at in quite a few hours.
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
@DigiByte  

EDIT: @Gazza1 you may contact me to try my p2pool if you can't anymore with pools  Smiley

Were working on it and will have a scheduled release date soon. To avoid multiple mandatory updates for future releases we want to make sure we add in anything we had planned that might cause that now.

Activity: 84
Merit: 11
@DigiByte  

They will never. They like getting raped by a cow.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
@DigiByte  

Activity: 238
can someone email smalltimeminer and tell them to fix their pool
legendary
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Activity: 285
dgb.luckyminers.com:
Time Since Last Block   118 hours 5 minutes 14 seconds  [and still working Wink]
i was first on pickaxe and they went down, then on dgb.luckyminer but they had hashrate refresh + other problems, then miningpool.co stratum being down too much, so i decided to own my server and have a p2pool, no more "middleman" for my DigiByte for the moment.

At least you weren't with xtra pool!
That sucked a lot D:
dgb.luckyminers.com:
Time Since Last Block   118 hours 5 minutes 14 seconds  [and still working Wink]
i was first on pickaxe and they went down, then on dgb.luckyminer but they had hashrate refresh + other problems, then miningpool.co stratum being down too much, so i decided to own my server and have a p2pool, no more "middleman" for my DigiByte for the moment.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
dgb.luckyminers.com:
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Ok I still need help here please Sad

I followed this thread as it got him decent results with my cards

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453067.20

I've got a complied version of sgminer, downloaded his .cl file and .bin file and written the .bat file like his (as below) and all I get is "unexpected extra commandline arguments" from sgminer.. Why?

color 02
timeout /30
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer kernel : scrypt130302 --thread concurrency 8192,8192,8192 -g 2 -I 13 -w 256 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 90,90,90 --temp-overheat 85,85,85 --temp-target 68,68,68 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500,1500 --gpu-engine 1065,1065,1065 --expiry 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0

that thread has --lookup-gap 2 in his .bat file as well, though that has already been pointed out it doesn't need to be there, but I get the same problem whether its included or not.  The kernel file is simply the name of the kernel file, but again i've tried the zuikkis.cl and that doesn't change anything.  So where am I going wrong.. still...

please help!

EDIT: deleting the kernel : scrypt130302 allowed sgminer to work. Does that mean I should delete all the kernel files that i don't sgminer to use so it will only be allowed to use this 'optomised' .cl file ( backing the others up somewhere of course)

As a side note why is it on my pickaxe pool dashboard does my hashrate never add up to what I'm apparently getting from my GPUs?
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
This price volatility is caused by trading in such small exchange as coinmarket.io is. There is not enough buy orders to shield agains dumps ( it can probably shield multipool dumps but it surely cant shield organized dumps that aim to hurt the coin ). Someone (maybe group) dumped DGB in about 6-8BTC volume in a few hours. Which is about 4-5k USD. This alone drove the price down about 25% and also market cap about 50k USD. So to summarize, someone stashed (bought, mined) a few millions of DGB, dumped them (lost about 1-2BTC of value during the process) and hurt the coin for 50k USD in capitalization.
This is perfectly understandable action which aims to provoke panic and further selling, so dont fall for it and keep your coins ( such actions will continue, so be prepared ). If you dont want to hurt the coin, never sell for lower than you bought. If everyone does this, we all win ;]

There is also some garden variety inflation at work, and this will continue.  That is the price we all pay for the rate at which we are minting coins.  Something to remember, however, is that as the reward halves down the road, and DigiByte weathers the storm, it will be these 'easily' mined coins that we are mining right now that make up the majority of all the DigiBytes in existence.

Common sense tells a person that there is pain ahead before glory, i.e. inflation before deflation.  But, as Bitcoin has illustrated, the glory is exquisite for those who tough out the inflation and continue stacking the coin.  It is a long, painful, trying road - with the fountain of youth at the end.  This process could be hurried along, and despite the short-term pain that might cause, I believe it should be, but it has to occur regardless.  There is no way around that fact.  I've said this before, but I will say it once more, if you don't have a great capacity for restraint and foresight; if your not capable of weathering the storm to come, you should look to coins farther into their life-cycle.  We are mining the vast majority of DigiBytes as we speak and the undeniable consequence of that is a loss of value due to inflation.
This price volatility is caused by trading in such small exchange as coinmarket.io is. There is not enough buy orders to shield agains dumps ( it can probably shield multipool dumps but it surely cant shield organized dumps that aim to hurt the coin ). Someone (maybe group) dumped DGB in about 6-8BTC volume in a few hours. Which is about 4-5k USD. This alone drove the price down about 25% and also market cap about 50k USD. So to summarize, someone stashed (bought, mined) a few millions of DGB, dumped them (lost about 1-2BTC of value during the process) and hurt the coin for 50k USD in capitalization.
This is perfectly understandable action which aims to provoke panic and further selling, so dont fall for it and keep your coins ( such actions will continue, so be prepared ). If you dont want to hurt the coin, never sell for lower than you bought. If everyone does this, we all win ;]
Just want to say, i'm still here holding my digi's and not afraid of anything

legendary
Markets cycle up and down. Now is a great time to buy. DigiByte has a very bright future ahead of it! Remember, Rome was not built in a day.

We are on track to accomplish some great things in 2014!
legendary
Someone please explain to me: What the f*ck is going on ?

Large dump to the ground coming later today from twitter group.  Take advantage of it.  Sell your coins, take the btc you make on the sale, and place your buy orders near the bottom.  You'll earn back a lot more coins than you started with.

Ignore, trying to create panic so he can buy cheap.

Don't you want to buy cheap?  Everyone does.  The lower the price is the more coins you can buy.  Then the group is going to pump it to the moon next week.

Believe as you will, the price didn't drop 25% in large volume this morning out of thin air.  

There's approx 0.1BTCs worth of Digi for sale at the price before that big dump, ie below 90s. Obviously that isn't enough to make up for the loss caused by creating the dump so this user is still trying to create panic & posting fud like this in a vain effort to create larger sell orders for them to buy up & make their profit. Problem is most people who hold Digi actually believe in it & aren't just massive speculators like other coins which shall remain nameless Wink  better luck next time!

Obviously you weren't watching.  I don't know which exchange you are looking at but over 6BTC worth of DigiByte was dumped on coinmarket this morning.

The volume on mint and coinedup is insignifiant to matter and will be eatin up like dust by the ocean.

Anyway like I said, I am just here to help a few DigiByters out.  It is up to you guys what you do with the info!.  I also care about the coin but I am going to take advantage where I see opportunity and will at least double my coins.  Cheers and have a great day!

seeing as the 24hr volume of coinmarket.io is currently only 8.6 I highly doubt 6+ was traded in that little market price sell-off. Regular volume is around 15BTC or so per 24hrs. But you have a great day too!
Jump to: