Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1599. (Read 3058803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Lets keep the votes going at AllCrypt! You can vote multiple times! http://allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Does anyone know how to make a Digibyte papper wallet ? Need to put some aside for my kids college fund  Cool

I think all you have to do is go into the console (Help->Debug Window->Console)
Then type in dumpprivkey
If you type in help, it should give you a list of commands.

Once you get your private key write it down on a piece of paper, along with a public address for depositing anymore DGB.
You should also probably use a virtual machine to make the wallet so it doesn't end up being a copy of your wallet!

From then on if you ever want to get the money on that wallet back, go in the console and type in importprivkey (Your Private Key Here), and it will load that paper wallet into your virtual wallet. Make sure it's on a clean computer or VM though, because I believe loading a private key onto a wallet you all ready have funds on will just overwrite everything on there. Can't confirm though, never tried. It's also a pretty good practice to backup your wallet constantly, by going to (File->Backup Wallet) in case anything goes wrong.

You could always back up your wallet.dat onto a flash drive and store that somewhere it would be safe, but it just wouldn't feel the same as a paper wallet Tongue

Hoped all that helps.  Cool

EDIT: Just to clarify, any address under your "Receive coins" tab is what I mean by public address. It was probably obvious from the text, though.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Does anyone know how to make a Digibyte papper wallet ? Need to put some aside for my kids college fund  Cool

We have not set up a guide yet for this but we will, this is a great idea!

Easy peasy.

Guide to Putting Money Aside for your Children's College Fund:

1. Eat Ramen noodles.
2. Have no life.
3. Go no where, ever.
4. Cash in your retirement.
5. Send all of your hard earned money to your ungrateful, spoiled children.
6. Cry.

Oh! You meant a guide to making a paper wallet Tongue

lol, I got nothin'  Grin Grin
legendary
Does anyone know how to make a Digibyte papper wallet ? Need to put some aside for my kids college fund  Cool

We have not set up a guide yet for this but we will, this is a great idea!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Make sure to vote for DigiByte here: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

You can vote several times!

Sounds like a professional outfit. !!
legendary
DigiByte.co will be down for a few hours while we update our server.
Activity: 111

I voted 10 times , we are # 5  lets take it to # 4 VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE !
legendary

Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Hi,
I downloaded the Linux client and saw just two files. When I try to run digibyte-qt from console I am getting: cannot execute binary file.
Anyone  Huh

I haven't used linux wallet.
Did you make file executable  chmod +x 'filename'  where filename is an executable file.

I did... no effect  Undecided

./digibyted -daemon

qt is for xwindow version

SAME ERROR:
cannot execute binary file.

Why this wallet can not be complled like each other?

Solved. Compiled from git.
legendary
Let's get on Allcrypt! Keep the votes rolling in here: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
Activity: 224
Well I am definitely holding this coin, that is for sure

+1 its stupid to sell now at this price just need cryptsy add it and the price go up sure Shocked

I will never understand why people would sell so low. Unless they are trading ofc.

Buy high, sell low

- Proven success formula
legendary
legendary
Activity: 112

+1 its stupid to sell now at this price just need cryptsy add it and the price go up sure Shocked

I will never understand why people would sell so low. Unless they are trading ofc.

Buy high, sell low
Activity: 224

Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Hi,
I downloaded the Linux client and saw just two files. When I try to run digibyte-qt from console I am getting: cannot execute binary file.
Anyone  Huh

I haven't used linux wallet.
Did you make file executable  chmod +x 'filename'  where filename is an executable file.

I did... no effect  Undecided

./digibyted -daemon

qt is for xwindow version

SAME ERROR:
cannot execute binary file.

Why this wallet can not be complled like each other?
Activity: 112
has kimoto been discussed? seems popular and would be a good idea before we get major attention

Kimoto is good but with a block retarget from 20 or 30 it is even better.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Battlecoin, Leafcoin... Just got to wait until DGB hits cryptsy.
As a lot of the throw away coins begin to rot, they'll get delisted, and one of the new coins that will be listed will be DigiByte  Grin
So take your time Vern, I'll be waiting  Wink
Jump to: