Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1684. (Read 3058780 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
If you play any dicegame long enough, it's mathematically impossible to win and you will lose close to everything. Ask any mathteacher. It's rigged for EVERYONE to lose. At a lottery at least someone wins.
True, but again, that is beside the point. It's called gambling and it is part of the game. The risk is part of the thrill. The odds calculation is a few posts up, so I'm not going to post that again. And just because a lottery (might) seem to have better odds, does not mean that people are not allowed to play dice games. So again. Please stop attacking the dice games, and focus on your lottery, and clearing up any questions users may have about it. The dice game is irrelevant.

According to my calculations, in your lottery YOU also win, because 150 tickets * 4000 DGB = 600,000 DGB.
The prizes are 300,000, 120,000 and 60,000, which adds up to 480,000. This means that another 120,000 goes directly to you. Meaning you automatically get an equivalent of 2nd place, AND assuming you bought a ticket as well, you could also win one of the other prizes, as the address will be chosen randomly, meaning you could end up with 420,000 DGB.

I also notice that you failed to answer any of my questions, and are AGAIN trying to evade them by attacking the completely unrelated dicegames again.

Please answer my questions about how the prizes will be divided if the 150 quota is not met and what the additional funds in the dedicated wallet represent.  Thanks.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
If you play any dicegame long enough, it's mathematically impossible to win and you will lose close to everything. Ask any mathteacher. It's rigged for EVERYONE to lose. At a lottery at least someone wins.

If someone does not know that the house always win with their 'house edge', I don't know what they have been doing. It's gambling
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
hi guys. i'm only now start mining, but have 20 kh/s on my card.. can u donate some please? DSKF1gDKrr4NbwEK4RdBK4Q2abKCV6zxQJ
thank u very much!
Welcome to DigiByte! Sent you a few DGB to get started!

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
hi guys. i'm only now start mining, but have 20 kh/s on my card.. can u donate some please? DSKF1gDKrr4NbwEK4RdBK4Q2abKCV6zxQJ
thank u very much!
Activity: 84
Activity: 68
DigiByte Lottery

Welcome to the first ever DigiByte Digi-Lottery.

Tickets sold: 24
Tickets left: 126
Here is your chance to win up to 300000 DGB if all tickets are sold.

Prizes!
1st price - 50% of the prize pool (300,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
2st price - 20% of the prize pool (120,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
3rd price - 10% of the prize pool (60,000  DGB if all tickets are sold)

How will the lottery be done

• A dedicated new account/wallet will be used for this purpose only. Payment for tickets and winnings will be paid from same wallet.
• When 150 tickets are sold I will take the amount of tickets and correspond them with the paymentaddress used.
• If less than 150 tickets have been sold within 5 days, the lottery will start regardless. If less than 5 tickets are sold, the lottery will be cancelled and fully refunded.
• I will use a randomizer from 1 to a 150 (if the number of tickets sold are less than a hundred, say 64, then the randomizer will be set to draw from 1 to 64 and so on).
• Each ticket will cost 4000 DGB. Pay to this address DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746
• Notify your payment and number of tickets at this thread ➜ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-423204

Lottery drawing will take place on Sunday the 26th or when all tickets are sold out.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Edit: The dev Mr. DigiByte has agreed to draw first prize. I will send the info to him before he draws it. Completely transparent and now with the participation of the devs.
Edit: I have raised First Prize to a whopping 300,000 DGB to make the DigiByte Lottery even more exciting.

Play the DigiByte Lottery on the other hand and you may win up to 300,000 DGB  Grin

A few questions. You repeatedly state "if all tickets are sold".
What happens if not all 150 tickets are sold? Are all users reimbursed? Or is it considered a loss and you have huge profits? Or does the prize money get divided over the tickets? And if you don't make the 150 ticket target, will you still take 20% of the proceeds for your own pocket or will those proceeds be sacrificed first?

Also,
On another note. Don't waste your Digi's on a worthless dicegame. It's a complete ripoff. Those dice games are set up for ALL of you to lose against the "house". They are meant to be played again and again and again in a short period of time and you lose a little almost all the time. If you play that boring dicegame for an hour you will probably have lost 95% of your funds - giving a payout in real termes of 5% per hour. Play the dicegame with 50,000 DGB for an hour and your left with 2,500 DGB, making a loss of 47,500.
Any of those dicegames or bet races will make you go broke real fast.
That is irrelevant to your lottery, and is basically just negativity against people trying to run an honest game.
Yes you can lose money, but you can also win money. The same holds for your lottery. You can win big, but you can also lose 4000 DGB with a single ticket.
While you're not namecalling, you are still very negative about other similar games. Please stop.

Last question, if each ticket costs 4000 DGB, and you are using a dedicated wallet ( DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746 ), and you've sold 24 tickets at 4000 DGB each, then how is it possible that there is 98,295.273746 DGB ( DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746 ) in the wallet? There should be 96,000.00000000 in there. Where did the additional 2,295.27374600 come from, and what is it going to be used for?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Another great new merchant accepting DigiByte!

http://www.psychodog.eu/
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
788MH is exceptionally good for a new coin.  Having so many dedicated miners for a coin that isn't even on a large exchange speaks volumes.

The number of developers involved and everything they are doing for the coin put's it far above the rest

153 pages with 52,000+ views in 12 days shows it's popularity

This coin is going to be huge
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Wallet working fine on Xperia Z (PacRom 4.3-1build)
DigiByte Lottery

Welcome to the first ever DigiByte Digi-Lottery.

Tickets sold: 24
Tickets left: 126
Here is your chance to win up to 300000 DGB if all tickets are sold.

Prizes!
1st price - 50% of the prize pool (300,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
2st price - 20% of the prize pool (120,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
3rd price - 10% of the prize pool (60,000  DGB if all tickets are sold)

How will the lottery be done

• A dedicated new account/wallet will be used for this purpose only. Payment for tickets and winnings will be paid from same wallet.
• When 150 tickets are sold I will take the amount of tickets and correspond them with the paymentaddress used.
• If less than 150 tickets have been sold within 5 days, the lottery will start regardless. If less than 5 tickets are sold, the lottery will be cancelled and fully refunded.
• I will use a randomizer from 1 to a 150 (if the number of tickets sold are less than a hundred, say 64, then the randomizer will be set to draw from 1 to 64 and so on).
• Each ticket will cost 4000 DGB. Pay to this address DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746
• Notify your payment and number of tickets at this thread ➜ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-423204

Lottery drawing will take place on Sunday the 26th or when all tickets are sold out.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Edit: The dev Mr. DigiByte has agreed to draw first prize. I will send the info to him before he draws it. Completely transparent and now with the participation of the devs.
Edit: I have raised First Prize to a whopping 300,000 DGB to make the DigiByte Lottery even more exciting.

On another note. Don't waste your Digi's on a worthless dicegame. It's a complete ripoff. Those dice games are set up for ALL of you to lose against the "house". They are meant to be played again and again and again in a short period of time and you lose a little almost all the time. If you play that boring dicegame for an hour you will probably have lost 95% of your funds - giving a payout in real termes of 5% per hour. Play the dicegame with 50,000 DGB for an hour and your left with 2,500 DGB, making a loss of 47,500.
Any of those dicegames or bet races will make you go broke real fast.

Play the DigiByte Lottery on the other hand and you may win up to 300,000 DGB  Grin
Activity: 28
A note on the DigiByte Lottery being put on by zaloultra:

We as the development time are not putting this lottery on, organizing it or storing the coins. We simply agreed to pick a random winner by using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-picker/ and posting a screen shot.

We understand there has been some disagreement but we see no reason to try and stop zaloultra from promoting the coin in this way as long as he is honest, treats others with respect, refrains from insulting others in a derogatory manner and follows through with his promises. Many people have already bought tickets and the account address currently shows a balance of: 98,295.273746 DGB ( DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746 )

Once again, we do not control the coin wallet where the coins are being held and we are not officially putting this lottery on. We simply agreed to pick the winner as stated before.

Proceed at your own risk.

Couldn't agree more. Thank you  Smiley

The "disagreement" was that some people started hassling the lottery for no real apparent reason. Then the people behind some dicegame started flaring up and things got a bit nasty. I have a feeling they don't like the competition, as they feel the lottery takes away some digi's that could otherwise have been spent on their dicegame. There seem to be a group of several people in on that racket.

Just to have this clarified: I am neither owning nor have I ever played any dice game. I do not even like it at all. We just gave you some lessons on how to calculate an expected value of a random event. Smiley

I think for all parties, it is better to stop this now. However, if I see any untrue or offending statement, I will keep posting my and others calculations over and over again. Wink
Activity: 35
After much trial and error we have finally compiled QR support into the Windows Wallet! We will be testing it out more, but we are excited to see it working!

https://i.imgur.com/oQeAEGa.jpg

when will be the release?

Net Hashrate deffinitely dropped after reaching 1,8 GB...  But Dev activity seems to be steady so I would stick with this.

Thanks Digibyte team for your efforts, I hope this coin keeps growing.

Hashrate isn't much to write home about atm, Difficulty just fell below 10.
Activity: 3

Net Hashrate deffinitely dropped after reaching 1,8 GB...  But Dev activity seems to be steady so I would stick with this.

Thanks Digibyte team for your efforts, I hope this coin keeps growing.

Have things slowed down here a bit, i know it's wednesday, but things just seem slower. Guess some people have just sold and gone away since we got on the exchange. Guess they can't be bothered to post here if they got zero digi's.

On another note, the lottery will be extended till Sunday. People haven't exactely been lining up lately because of the negativety and such. Guess more people will be in a more buying mood on friday and saturday after a few brewskies. So far 6 people have bought a total of 24 tickets.
https://dgb.luckyminers.com
Does anyone here mine @ miningpool.co? I've been mining DGB there for 3 days and feel like it's going good. I like the PPS system. I only put up about 200khs so I don't get alot but the estimator shows roughly about 2-3k DGB per 24hr period.. I read on a different post about someone saying they got 30-40% lower returns there in the past. Are different pools doing better?

Don't go by the estimator on pools. Its off. You can check yourself, mine for a couple of hours and do the math. Mostyle the bigger pools give you more blocks to be found, but you have to share with others.
Activity: 70
Support ticket and glowing report sent to BTER

Lets get this beast going!
Activity: 18
Does anyone here mine @ miningpool.co? I've been mining DGB there for 3 days and feel like it's going good. I like the PPS system. I only put up about 200khs so I don't get alot but the estimator shows roughly about 2-3k DGB per 24hr period.. I read on a different post about someone saying they got 30-40% lower returns there in the past. Are different pools doing better?
A note on the DigiByte Lottery being put on by zaloultra:

We as the development time are not putting this lottery on, organizing it or storing the coins. We simply agreed to pick a random winner by using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-picker/ and posting a screen shot.

We understand there has been some disagreement but we see no reason to try and stop zaloultra from promoting the coin in this way as long as he is honest, treats others with respect, refrains from insulting others in a derogatory manner and follows through with his promises. Many people have already bought tickets and the account address currently shows a balance of: 98,295.273746 DGB ( DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746 )

Once again, we do not control the coin wallet where the coins are being held and we are not officially putting this lottery on. We simply agreed to pick the winner as stated before.

Proceed at your own risk.

Couldn't agree more. Thank you  Smiley

The "disagreement" was that some people started hassling the lottery for no real apparent reason. Then the people behind some dicegame started flaring up and things got a bit nasty. I have a feeling they don't like the competition, as they feel the lottery takes away some digi's that could otherwise have been spent on their dicegame. There seem to be a group of several people in on that racket.
Activity: 32

good question, I'd like to know that myself. hopefully soon.. like I posted earlier, I would be happier with $.10 per dgb, $.25 would be amazing.
probably have a long way to go before that though.

Will need to be on some of the bigger exchanges before listed on coinmarketcap.
Jump to: