Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1828. (Read 3055409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

2. Don't allow pooled mining right off the start I find this causes a lot of issues with the network, if you force people to solo mine it ensures more wallets are created (more nodes, bigger network) and the block chain can form slowly and steadily

I have headless remote rig, how the hell I can mine solo?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Taking a power-nap, I will be back with plenty of time before launch to make sure all the wrinkles are nice smooth concerning the pool @ dgb.Get-By.com

See you a handful of hours before launch Smiley
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
@sammy007, Maybe I'm the one who is mistaken, wouldn't be the first time, but last time I checked 10 @ 0.1 = 1 just as properly as 1 @ 1 = 1.

That said, how many dollars, or Euros do you think there are in circulation?  You can't change the beast once you release it and print paper coins.  Any kind of reasonable adoption is going to require a whole lot of coins....
legendary
Also, too much coins, there should be 210 millions. Too much...
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
I have been in private message contact with the OP for sometime now.  

IMHO, they mean well.  

I wouldn't bet my children on it; but then again there isn't much I would bet my children on Smiley

Remember, this coin is not a small circulation coin.  The Pre-mine is not small, but plug it into a calculator against the total circulation and isn't massive either by any means.

Of coarse, declaring the addresses of the pre-mine publicly (even if they are easy to discern) and promising to be compeletely transparent about where it goes and for what purpose is not a bad thing either!
legendary
Looks promising, but imho too much premined...
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Pool up @

dgb.Get-By.com

I have real cash invested in this pool, so let's get some DigiBytes Smiley

Oh yeah, I will be giving away some of that 500,000 DGB bounty the OP is giving us to dedicated miners who stick with us through the 3-day launch period  Grin

Did I mention the pool is managed by a team of uber-geek-troubleshooters?

MOAR DGB  Kiss Grin

EDIT:
Literally just got old Bessie up and running, be kind if there is a tic or two as the first users register.  My hired geek-squad assure me she will be purring like a kitty-cat come launch time Shocked
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
This sounds more believable. I tried the launch of aliencoin and I was met with disappoint :/

Will be waiting for DGB release~ only a few hours to go <3
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Keeping my eye on this one, cheers.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I like the idea and transparency.
Subscribing.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780
Shitcoin Minimalist
A 2x block reward at the beginning sounds reasonable to me.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I build a pool for DigiByte
http://dgb.idcray.com/

- 1% Fee
- Stratum
- VARDIFF
- Proportional payout system

Awesome! Thank you, Bounty will be sent after launch!
Activity: 260
I build a pool for DigiByte
http://dgb.idcray.com/

- 1% Fee
- Stratum
- VARDIFF
- Proportional payout system

Activity: 966
My suggestion was that the limit would've been active only during the first x blocks, during which people could solo mine maybe even with cpus. Far more people would have coins that way. And then when the limit is lifted, pools would work normally. It's just that the mega farmers have the most effect in the beginning when the rewards are high and diff low after which they usually switch to rape the next new coin.
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Honestly, it IS true that whales only hurt a coin.....

That said, I doubt that is an easy wallet change at this point.  It would also limit pools to the same limit I would think since it would be a daemon limit, right?
Activity: 154
Activity: 224
That 500Kh/s is a good idea. Only it should be 2-3Mh limitation. To filter out just the whales.
Activity: 336
That 500 kH/s thingy wasn't the OP, it was a suggestion by someone else in the thread.  Looks like they have since deleted the post, interesting.
We never deleted nor made any post about a 500 kh rule. lol

apologies we saw some discussion about it!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
That 500 kH/s thingy wasn't the OP, it was a suggestion by someone else in the thread.  Looks like they have since deleted the post, interesting.
We never deleted nor made any post about a 500 kh rule. lol
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Jump to: