Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1831. (Read 3055409 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
password protected zip file before launch plz.as fair as possible.
should have an early Halves to rise coin value .
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
For those trying to complain about a pre-mine... 0.5% of total is NOT a lot of pre-mine. Also, not only does pre-mine allow for give-a-ways, it also helps prevent a lot of the problems at launch, ensuring that any bugs that may show are removed before everyone starts throwing a bunch of time at the coin. So all in all, it helps everyone. I also think that being completely transparent with what happens with the pre-mine money by posting all transactions of the pre-mine should help ease a lot of the concerns. If the items aren't posted, then sure, complain. But I fully believe that this is the correct way to go.

This makes no sense.

1.  Testing:  you can premine to your hearts content to test your coin... then delete the blocks and reset the blockchain and reset the coin.

2.  Bounties:  pools already make a sweet 0.5-3%, they really don't need more incentive -- DOGE killed all other alts in recent history with community sponsored bounties, not premine bounties.

3.  Transparency:  the creators created new user accounts and we don't know them from a turd in a cow field -- they can get away with murder time and time again using new accounts with nobody the wiser:  THAT's why nobody wants to sit around waiting to see if they can trust a totally anonymous user because complaining will do nothing after the fact.
Activity: 23
For those trying to complain about a pre-mine... 0.5% of total is NOT a lot of pre-mine. Also, not only does pre-mine allow for give-a-ways, it also helps prevent a lot of the problems at launch, ensuring that any bugs that may show are removed before everyone starts throwing a bunch of time at the coin. So all in all, it helps everyone. I also think that being completely transparent with what happens with the pre-mine money by posting all transactions of the pre-mine should help ease a lot of the concerns. If the items aren't posted, then sure, complain. But I fully believe that this is the correct way to go.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
what does this coin offer that others don't? The coin specifically, not the people behind it.

on another note, at least it's not another memecoin.
Activity: 26
Quote from: illodin
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.

Why do small time miners need special treatment?

I think the bigger question here is:  what the hell is 1/12/14?  Use a professional date format if you're doing a professional coin, please.
legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

hmm...... again.. what will this coin offer. how many dev are you guys. whats your background. you could't even run an Iframe here ..

+1

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4353573
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
hmm...... again.. what will this coin offer. how many dev are you guys. whats your background. you could't even run an Iframe here ..
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

[/quote]

Oops!!
[/quote]
The DigiMan images were purchased and then altered. We plan on offering a development bounty for DigiMan after launch for a unique DigiMan redesign. We felt this particle robot was the most like what we envisioned.
legendary
Thanks to xtrapool for setting up the first DigiByte Pool!

Pre-Registration is now open at: http://dgb.xtrapool.com/index.php

First 100 registered users will receive a permanent 0% fee!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
105,000,000 coins pre-mined. Half will be given away the other half will be dumped on an exchange to crash the coin. Don't mine this. There are plenty of coins that are not pre-mined. Your time mining is much safer invested into those coins. This could be the same dev coming out with coins over and over pumping and dumping. Many new users here, you really have to be picky as to which coin you mine.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Muniti creator
The million-dollar question is - what does this coin have which makes it different from all the other "professional" coins out there?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Quote from: illodin
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.
legendary
Countdown ticker is up on the website. We are now working on developing the first mining pool and forum.
legendary
premined coin    it's better get away from this coin , no future but only waste our time.
Would you rather the biggest wallet be the dev team so they actually have a motive for the coin to succeed or the lame megafarmer who will dump it at first possibility?

Its not motivation for the devs if they 'give it all away' like they say theyre going to though is it...Only we know that wont happen. If theyre not motivated by success people shouldnt be making coins in the first place either.
Let the community develop for the coin and pay for things developing - if its worth a dime let it grow organically.
We plan on giving half of the pre-mine away over the course of several giveaways and promotions. When you give away 25,000 coins the person is required to download the wallet before hand. By doing this we hope to get several thousand wallet downloads in the first month. This will help bring adoption and stability to the coin and a more fair disbursement of coins for long-term success.
Yeah but you didnt premine 25k coins or 100k coins you premined fucking 105 million coins. How many users there will be interested in this coin at the beggining? 200-500 max? So with the quantity you premined you'll have to give them 200-400k coins per user you think this will happen? Of course not you will giveaway 5m~ coins max and keep the other 100m for yourself to dump them when they come on the first exchange you find and make a 10btc profit for free. Im tired of premined scamcoins I dont get why they are allowed in the first place.
You are entitled to your opinion but this is not our ambition. We will publicly post and there will be a record of when and where we give away half the premine. Giveaways create coin adoption. We have been working on this project for over a month now and are in it for the long haul.
Activity: 56
premined coin    it's better get away from this coin , no future but only waste our time.
Would you rather the biggest wallet be the dev team so they actually have a motive for the coin to succeed or the lame megafarmer who will dump it at first possibility?

Its not motivation for the devs if they 'give it all away' like they say theyre going to though is it...Only we know that wont happen. If theyre not motivated by success people shouldnt be making coins in the first place either.
Let the community develop for the coin and pay for things developing - if its worth a dime let it grow organically.
We plan on giving half of the pre-mine away over the course of several giveaways and promotions. When you give away 25,000 coins the person is required to download the wallet before hand. By doing this we hope to get several thousand wallet downloads in the first month. This will help bring adoption and stability to the coin and a more fair disbursement of coins for long-term success.
Yeah but you didnt premine 25k coins or 100k coins you premined fucking 105 million coins. How many users there will be interested in this coin at the beggining? 200-500 max? So with the quantity you premined you'll have to give them 200-400k coins per user you think this will happen? Of course not you will giveaway 5m~ coins max and keep the other 100m for yourself to dump them when they come on the first exchange you find and make a 10btc profit for free. Im tired of premined scamcoins I dont get why they are allowed in the first place.
legendary

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Jump to: