Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1830. (Read 3055409 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Quote from: illodin
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.

to hell with that wallet khs limitation crap! that's communist thinking!

if I have 150Mhs to dish out at any coin why shouldn't I be able to? because you aren't willing to invest in mining rigs!? you do not get born with mining rigs, it is a huge sacrifice for a lot of us to get them, so my question is why should you - a person who is not even willing to invest in crypto or make any sacrifices be awarded for it, why do you deserve to reap the rewards from something that you did not commit to, how likely is someone like you to dump considering that you aren't committed to crypto in any way shape or form? and taking all that into consideration why on earth should you gain as much as I do considering the fact that I have a mortgage on my house for this and you're mining with the power of a mid-range gaming computer that you probably had already?

and P.S my hashing speed will do a lot more good to the network and help protect it against 51% attacks than your 500Khs will ever do!

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You know, this is all a gamble. All of it. Every single coin is a risk you take. What is it that you are risking? Well, time, at least for most people. Sure there are those who need their miners to produce the most possible so they can pay rent for the month and that is not something anyone but those people can control. I like the look of this coin, the pre-mine is really nothing significant, or new. I have participated in a handful of launches lately and I have noticed a few things...

1. Definitely release a windows wallet on launch, so many people use windows if you don't release you're cutting those people out (check)
2. Don't allow pooled mining right off the start I find this causes a lot of issues with the network, if you force people to solo mine it ensures more wallets are created (more nodes, bigger network) and the block chain can form slowly and steadily
3. If you start off with pools I recommend you have a much much lower block reward to begin with, again allowing it to build up steadily so it doesn't turn into an instantly mined coin

These are just my opinions based on observations, they are in no way de facto. I do not claim to be a crypto currency professional.

I intend to mine the coin baring some horrible disastrous launch.

The guy has some good points, why ignore them?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Looks nice and impressive with all those digital and robo stuffs, maybe in the end it is really worth it.
But with this ridiculous rate at which new coins come up every day, i'm really getting bored of this scrypt-coins shit entirely.

Anyway as far as u guys, GOOD LUCK. See you after 2 years (or a decade)

Thank you for that. Our goal is to make this coin a long-term success with a future as an everyday transactional currency used by millions worldwide.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
The million-dollar question is - what does this coin have which makes it different from all the other "professional" coins out there?

A fancy sales pitch.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Looks nice and impressive with all those digital and robo stuffs, maybe in the end it is really worth it.
But with this ridiculous rate at which new coins come up every day, i'm really getting bored of this scrypt-coins shit entirely.

Anyway as far as u guys, GOOD LUCK. See you after 2 years (or a decade)
legendary
DigiByte - what makes your coin different from other alt-coins?
Name, # of coins, marketing plan, development team and most importantly our long term future potential as a currency and not a speculative commodity.
Activity: 451
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
DigiByte - what makes your coin different from other alt-coins?
legendary
If anyone is setting up a mining pool please PM us so we can list it!
legendary
Sneak peak at the Windows Wallet:

Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
I would like to take time to introduce myself as one of the DigiByte developers. I have been active on BitcoinTalk since about this time last year. I have every intention of staying with this coin long-term as this is my first and I plan on being only coin.

A Few Posts I have Made:

A recent Topic I started recently on developing an alt-coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tips-for-launching-a-new-coin-389104

Vote for DigiByte on a recent poll I started here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-which-alt-coin-will-see-the-most-growth-in-2014-359521

And for giggles here is a post I made before the first Bitcoin run up last April. lol: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/price-chart-april-9th-200-april-15th-300-167611
legendary
T-24 hours until launch! We are looking for more mining pools!
Activity: 154
You know, this is all a gamble. All of it. Every single coin is a risk you take. What is it that you are risking? Well, time, at least for most people. Sure there are those who need their miners to produce the most possible so they can pay rent for the month and that is not something anyone but those people can control. I like the look of this coin, the pre-mine is really nothing significant, or new. I have participated in a handful of launches lately and I have noticed a few things...

1. Definitely release a windows wallet on launch, so many people use windows if you don't release you're cutting those people out (check)
2. Don't allow pooled mining right off the start I find this causes a lot of issues with the network, if you force people to solo mine it ensures more wallets are created (more nodes, bigger network) and the block chain can form slowly and steadily
3. If you start off with pools I recommend you have a much much lower block reward to begin with, again allowing it to build up steadily so it doesn't turn into an instantly mined coin

These are just my opinions based on observations, they are in no way de facto. I do not claim to be a crypto currency professional.

I intend to mine the coin baring some horrible disastrous launch.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I read Scrypt and LOL'd. It what people do when they do not know what they are doing.

are we back in the 90's? lol  LOL rofl , so according to you, you read scrypt, and then you laugh out louded?, that is what you said right, lol'd laugh out louded?

roflcopter
I read Scrypt and LOL'd. It what people do when they do not know what they are doing.

are we back in the 90's? lol  LOL rofl , so according to you, you read scrypt, and then you laugh out louded?, that is what you said right, lol'd laugh out louded?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
premine = scam

Read next time before posting 12 year old comments.
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Looks good, finally someone who at least puts some time down on a coin!

Now as long as you don't fuck up the release this coin will have a future!
premined coin    it's better get away from this coin , no future but only waste our time.
Would you rather the biggest wallet be the dev team so they actually have a motive for the coin to succeed or the lame megafarmer who will dump it at first possibility?

Its not motivation for the devs if they 'give it all away' like they say theyre going to though is it...Only we know that wont happen. If theyre not motivated by success people shouldnt be making coins in the first place either.
Let the community develop for the coin and pay for things developing - if its worth a dime let it grow organically.
We plan on giving half of the pre-mine away over the course of several giveaways and promotions. When you give away 25,000 coins the person is required to download the wallet before hand. By doing this we hope to get several thousand wallet downloads in the first month. This will help bring adoption and stability to the coin and a more fair disbursement of coins for long-term success.
Yeah but you didnt premine 25k coins or 100k coins you premined fucking 105 million coins. How many users there will be interested in this coin at the beggining? 200-500 max? So with the quantity you premined you'll have to give them 200-400k coins per user you think this will happen? Of course not you will giveaway 5m~ coins max and keep the other 100m for yourself to dump them when they come on the first exchange you find and make a 10btc profit for free. Im tired of premined scamcoins I dont get why they are allowed in the first place.

ekohol your an idiot. 105 million is not many for a coin to have in reserve for giveaways, promotions etc. I don't like coins without a premine because the dev has little incentive to promote.  105 million is perfect amount. Now go back to your doge turd.
you wanna miners and you mock dogecoin in comics before start...i call it marketing fail  Cool

so a  very few diehard doge jokecoin miners have no sense of humor. I am a miner and could care less about doge even though I mine it. Dogecoin is a joke and can't be taken serious.

I like this coin, so far so good, perfect premine, transparent etc. Looking forward to it.
Jump to: