Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1829. (Read 3055600 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
That 500 kH/s thingy wasn't the OP, it was a suggestion by someone else in the thread.  Looks like they have since deleted the post, interesting.
We never deleted nor made any post about a 500 kh rule. lol

apologies we saw some discussion about it!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
That 500 kH/s thingy wasn't the OP, it was a suggestion by someone else in the thread.  Looks like they have since deleted the post, interesting.
We never deleted nor made any post about a 500 kh rule. lol
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
legendary
not touching this coin because of the mining limitations. good luck
Who said anything about a 500 k/h rule?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
not touching this coin because of the mining limitations. good luck
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
having a higher block reward at launch for a short period of time has historically had a negative impact on public opinion of the coin.
We felt double the normal reward was not extreme compared to many others. This will give a bit of incentive for more early miners and wallet downloads. This is why we announced the coin almost 3 days ahead of time.

Blocks per day: 1440

1440x16,000= 23,040,000
x3 days = 69,120,000

We would like to give away about 25 million in the first few days to increase adoption and spread out the coins.

I bet you are going to get a lot of haters of the 500 k/h rule. I won't be wasting my time on it for only 500 k/h, I  want to mine a bunch right off the start since I don't want to risk a lot of time of these new coins, too many fail and devs just walk away, electric coin, giftcoin etc. good luck though.
Activity: 154
We can't set up workers before launch? Or is it just me?
legendary
having a higher block reward at launch for a short period of time has historically had a negative impact on public opinion of the coin.
We felt double the normal reward was not extreme compared to many others. This will give a bit of incentive for more early miners and wallet downloads. This is why we announced the coin almost 3 days ahead of time.

Blocks per day: 1440

1440x16,000= 23,040,000
x3 days = 69,120,000

We would like to give away about 25 million in the first few days to increase adoption and spread out the coins.
Activity: 71
legendary
@DigiByte,

Excited about the Crypto Smiley
Thank you! We are as well! It appears someone may already be DDOSing our website. lol!
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
@DigiByte,

Excited about the Crypto Smiley
legendary
Getting closer, DNS Seed up!
VST
Activity: 70
Activity: 6201360213601060620620192233720368547758
Hmm, sounds oddly familiar to our (SmartCoin) launch strategy.

You guys should shittalk each other on the internet

Also nice stock image mascot
Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
Hmm, sounds oddly familiar to our (SmartCoin) launch strategy.
legendary
We are upping our bounty to 500,000 DGB for the first 6 mining pools to be created! 5 of 6 bounties remaining!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Quote from: illodin
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.

to hell with that wallet khs limitation crap! that's communist thinking!

if I have 150Mhs to dish out at any coin why shouldn't I be able to? because you aren't willing to invest in mining rigs!? you do not get born with mining rigs, it is a huge sacrifice for a lot of us to get them, so my question is why should you - a person who is not even willing to invest in crypto or make any sacrifices be awarded for it, why do you deserve to reap the rewards from something that you did not commit to, how likely is someone like you to dump considering that you aren't committed to crypto in any way shape or form? and taking all that into consideration why on earth should you gain as much as I do considering the fact that I have a mortgage on my house for this and you're mining with the power of a mid-range gaming computer that you probably had already?

and P.S my hashing speed will do a lot more good to the network and help protect it against 51% attacks than your 500Khs will ever do!

Ouch.. but you can, there are hundreds of coins you can dish out at as much as you please. Would be an interesting experiment to have even only one currency which was more equally distributed => more people have interest in coin's success because their share is more than 0.0001% of some superwhale's wallet.

And on a personal note, yes, I'm not willing to invest more than the 2 GPUs I currently have in my personal desktop computer. This is a hobby for me. Maybe if I lost my day job and ate a stupid pill so I couldn't get a reasonable job anymore I might invest more my time and money on mining as a fallback plan.

And btw, I suggested having the limit only for the first 5000 blocks. It will be few hours max, right? After that you have years left to dish out. But, just to piss you off, I suggest make it 10,000. Cheesy
legendary
it takes max two hours to clone a "next generation" coin. or did you add any new features?
We are working on a coin mixing service as we feel true anonymity is paramount within a cryptocurrency. No, it was not added into the initial source code as it is still a ways off. We are also starting to work on a second generation light weight wallet. The coin is very fast as our intent was to make a coin so you could walk into Starbucks and buy some coffee within a minute. You have to start somewhere right?
Activity: 238
it takes max two hours to clone a "next generation" coin. or did you add any new features?
Activity: 224
DigiByte Founder
The images were legally purchased and licensed. We are offering a bounty for a unique DigiMan re-design. We decided to spend most of our time on the coin itself for launch. We liked the the robot when we first saw it.  Lips sealed
Activity: 238
marketing plan, lol. just another cheap coin.

Jump to: