Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 336. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 253
I mean...i DO like the idea of ...."Mining your way to Free Games"...but...

...to me, it really "needs" to be a "win win" for them.

Mining for free games is GREAT!

But paying the price... in power costs...is not so great ^^.

So...me, personally....I wouldnt offer them a "win lose" deal.

Id just focus on ...exactly what they want.

Cheaper monthly fees.....and discounts on games ^^

To "Them"...thats a "win win".

Coz now.....our offer....has no connection...what so ever......with ....paying "the price" , in power.....for mining DGB.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
My understanding to the situation is this if there is nothing happened that means some didn't get their bag well yet. It may be on the list of whales for next to move upward. It is really hard to read the market behavior at this moment. DGB is performing well and all this will not go away silently without showing some speculation.
IF their computers could mine enough DGB...to pay the power cost of leaving their computer running 24/7...it could be a good idea.

But i think their Parents....would have something to say about that ^^"

I dunoo...

I leave it up to the experts ...and just watch and learn ^^
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

While giveaways and discounts do gain short term attention, I question their effectiveness long term, especially in the absence of follow up. I've always said that the long term strategy with the gaming community should be to educate on how their *hardware* can make them money when they're not playing. That's serious promotion that's commensurate with a serious cryptocurrency. Their hardware is already paid for, and mining DGB in their downtime puts extra money back into their pockets. It's a no-brainer . . . once you've thought of it . . . but have gamers thought of it? Have we really done the "outreach" to make sure gamers are aware of the earnings potential behind mining DGB when they're NOT playing . . . even when they're sleeping?

Edit: This is why groestl is one of the 5 algos.

Your probably right. Im just a new comer to this mining thing afterall.

But i used to be a gamer. And i know alot of gamers out there too. And , from what ive ...observed...I would say that more than "half" the gamers ...out there in the world...are 15 years old at the most!

And at "that" age....who wants to learn about "hardware?". I mean...i "Totally" agree with you.....IF , they were actually "willing" to learn....that would be the "Best" thing for our younger generations to spend their time on.

But, to me, the truth is...they couldnt care less about hardware....OR making money with DBG.

WHY? because ...in "reality"....the LAST thing any child wants to do...after they get home from school....is "study".

ALSO....even "if" they were interested....they arent old enough to "verify accounts"...when it comes to actually.....cashing out..."any" form of currency/ income.

ALL ...they want ....is to buy their games "cheaper"....and to pay their monthly "World of Warcraft" fees....cheaper.  And thats it....

Truely....i cant see how millions of kids around the world....paying monthly fees ..in DGB..."Ever"...ends up ....as a fail ^^"

Oh, I completely agree with you. It's about "packaging". In this case it might be something like "buy your next game with the DGB your computer mined while you were asleep!" That's just an idea, and I'm sure we can come up with a much better slogan as a community. The only thing they have to know about their *hardware* is that they've already got it. It's their computer! (That's all I was referring to when I mentioned hardware.) The only thing they'll have to learn is how to install, set up, and use the mining software, but since they're already fairly computer savvy, and with our help and documentation, that shouldn't be a problem.

Earn the money to buy your next game while you sleep? Mine DigiByte!

With your knowledge and experience, what would you say would be the best way to "package" this kind of message and then how would you get it out there?

While giveaways and discounts do gain short term attention, I question their effectiveness long term, especially in the absence of follow up. I've always said that the long term strategy with the gaming community should be to educate on how their *hardware* can make them money when they're not playing. That's serious promotion that's commensurate with a serious cryptocurrency. Their hardware is already paid for, and mining DGB in their downtime puts extra money back into their pockets. It's a no-brainer . . . once you've thought of it . . . but have gamers thought of it? Have we really done the "outreach" to make sure gamers are aware of the earnings potential behind mining DGB when they're NOT playing . . . even when they're sleeping?

Your probably right. Im just a new comer to this mining thing afterall.

But i used to be a gamer. And i know alot of gamers out there too. And , from what ive ...observed...I would say that more than "half" the gamers ...out there in the world...are 15 years old at the most!

And at "that" age....who wants to learn about "hardware?". I mean...i "Totally" agree with you.....IF , they were actually "willing" to learn....that would be the "Best" thing for our younger generations to spend their time on.

But, to me, the truth is...they couldnt care less about hardware....OR making money with DBG.

WHY? because ...in "reality"....the LAST thing any child wants to do...after they get home from school....is "study".

ALSO....even "if" they were interested....they arent old enough to "verify accounts"...when it comes to actually.....cashing out..."any" form of currency/ income.

ALL ...they want ....is to buy their games "cheaper"....and to pay their monthly "World of Warcraft" fees....cheaper.  And thats it....

Truely....i cant see how millions of kids around the world....paying monthly fees ..in DGB..."Ever"...ends up ....as a fail ^^"
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Id do something like....

...with the Steam "gaming" Community...

..If u purchase a game in the Steam Shop with DGB....u pay 10% less!!

....u "might" think...."then we'll just end up losing money , purchasing games for retail, and reselling for less"...

....that "may" be true, at the "beginning"....

But hell....All of a sudden DGB value rockets!...because of the "Game Purchases"....and u make all that back in NO TIME. ^^

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
At the end of the day the only marker of success most people pay attention to in crypto is market cap.

If the money is there, it doesn't matter if its fake volume, instamined, scammy bullshit: it's a success.

I think all these fudders just want to buy cheap DigiByte  Grin

Without a doubt, price is the third part of the triangle, and I would also argue that it is the third to really materialize.

Just look at how many examples of "successful" scammy bullshit that have come and gone: all of them first built around a core niche community (manipulated, lied to, whatever the strategy was, the community was built, whether we agree with how it was done is another debate) before the "pumpers" were ever able to come into play.

How about we build a community commensurate with DigiByte and everything it represents?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
woah that's a lot of money
At the end of the day the only marker of success most people pay attention to in crypto is market cap.

If the money is there, it doesn't matter if its fake volume, instamined, scammy bullshit: it's a success.

I think all these fudders just want to buy cheap DigiByte  Grin
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
I don't get it, you guys have nothing smarter to do than to came here  and brag about your lost/bad projects ? You are all pathetic ( MYR and GRS ) trolls.

Digibyte was this first coin on Poloniex to activate Segwit. Being first on Poloniex is actually being first in crypto. Coins not on Poloniex are a waste of fucking space and time.

Look at the prices of MYR and Shadowcash after they getting removed from Poloniex. Shadowcash has crashed from $15 - $20 million to $3 million marketcap.

This is the one danger of dgb and all traders must do there best to keep dgb on Poloniex. I provide some fake volume at times when there isn't a pump taking place. Getting removed from Poloniex is a death sentence for any coin.

Check out XMG. Then check out the XMG community. I think there's more linkage there with success than "being on Poloniex".

Not exactly the same thing, but similar: look at DASH, pie in the sky security that will get hacked hard someday, but it doesn't matter because they've built a lovie dovie community that doesn't care about that.

Once you've got the coin with the required specs and Devs, it then depends on community building. That's our task at hand.

Who are we and what kind of community do we want to build? Not lovie dovie, right? Not such cool wow dogs, right? What do we want to present to the world, and also attract?
Activity: 303
Merit: 100
POS / PRIMENODES
I don't get it, you guys have nothing smarter to do than to came here  and brag about your lost/bad projects ? You are all pathetic ( MYR and GRS ) trolls.

Digibyte was this first coin on Poloniex to activate Segwit. Being first on Poloniex is actually being first in crypto. Coins not on Poloniex are a waste of fucking space and time.
Id do something like....

...with the Steam "gaming" Community...

..If u purchase a game in the Steam Shop with DGB....u pay 10% less!!

....u "might" think...."then we'll just end up losing money , purchasing games for retail, and reselling for less"...

....that "may" be true, at the "beginning"....

But hell....All of a sudden DGB value rockets!...because of the "Game Purchases"....and u make all that back in NO TIME. ^^
DGB just gotta hurry up and focus ...implementation into the "mainstream"...

Get the mainstreamers to buy DGB for their gaming "needs"  asap...somehow...

If u tap "that" market, efficiently and optimized....AND right now!.....DGB will survive...

But if it just continues on...as a "swap coin".....its all over...

DGB took a ....first "Big Step"....at least...and dropped the "coin".....at the "end" of their coins name....unlike everyone else, still.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
It'll either boom or bust like any other altcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
DigiByte is similar to ripple except it isn't centralized and actually allowed individuals to mine a portion. I think it should trade closer to ripple values.

XRP is predicted to hit atleast 1$ some day. I'd be happy with a 1$ dgb
Activity: 343
Merit: 252
What's the next big thing for digibyte since segwit is now active?

Whatever the next big development is from the Bitcoin developers. Copy and paste and Jared and HR market the update like it's the 2nd coming.

Though the multi algo might befall to Myriad, it is also honest to say that those multi algos themselves were a copy paste job likewise Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
woah that's a lot of money
DigiByte is similar to ripple except it isn't centralized and actually allowed individuals to mine a portion. I think it should trade closer to ripple values.

They're just trying to scare investors lol.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Activity: 11
What's the next big thing for digibyte since segwit is now active?

Whatever the next big development is from the Bitcoin developers. Copy and paste and Jared and HR market the update like it's the 2nd coming.

Isn't that what alot of alt coins have done?

GRS was first to implement Segwit and is ahead of dgb in every aspect. Is dgb overvalued ? Well its over 4 times GRS value and it's not as good.

The real difference is Poloniex. Whales on Poloniex boost the DGB price far higher then it deserves to be.
Jump to: