Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 531. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 251
I have never met anyone quite like HR with an ability to ask, when deciphered, what are in essence ‘reasonable questions’ in such a way that made me feel so reluctant to try and answer them. It is little wonder he feels it is a bit like pulling teeth!

He is so very quick to point out peoples failings, normal human failings I might add, but somehow seems to be completely oblivious to his own for some reason, again beyond my own comprehension but that isn't so uncommon I guess.

What amazes me really is that I think he actually believes he is helping make things better behaving and expressing himself in this way. I know things are going to get fixed and made better once they are highlighted and bought to the attention of our developers and it doesn’t hurt me if he thinks this is because of his intervention but what he thinks, is no longer any concern of mine, I’m still ignoring him for sake of my own sanity.

Personally, I felt he was over qualified for a troll award and like I said, I believe he actually believes he is helping!

Grin

BRAVO!! Someone made sense of it all.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
I have never met anyone quite like HR with an ability to ask, when deciphered, what are in essence ‘reasonable questions’ in such a way that made me feel so reluctant to try and answer them. It is little wonder he feels it is a bit like pulling teeth!

He is so very quick to point out peoples failings, normal human failings I might add, but somehow seems to be completely oblivious to his own for some reason, again beyond my own comprehension but that isn't so uncommon I guess.

What amazes me really is that I think he actually believes he is helping make things better behaving and expressing himself in this way. I know things are going to get fixed and made better once they are highlighted and bought to the attention of our developers and it doesn’t hurt me if he thinks this is because of his intervention but what he thinks, is no longer any concern of mine, I’m still ignoring him for sake of my own sanity.

Personally, I felt he was over qualified for a troll award and like I said, I believe he actually believes he is helping!

Grin

Just like I might imagine you think you are doing. Cheesy

But that's not the issue, is it?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Grin
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
I think there is a need of news site or a dedicated news section in the official site? so people know when to expect a working product without speculating..
also a need of ticket system or bug tracker thingy? where people can report issues and devs can easily work on them without going through so much hassle

Keep it up DGB!

Good ideas.

And even if it is only to remind us of their busy university schedules! Wink

(Which no-one suggests shouldn't be the rightful case.)

Nobody is asking for free wonders. Not by any means. Just asking for taking seriously the idea of getting it right . . . or the next best thing . . . no matter how small the contribution. What's the old saying? No job, no matter how big, or how small, if it's not worth doing right, it's not worth doing at all?

Best effort, documentation and responsiveness from each of us with what each of us chooses to contribute would certainly be helped out by better general communication, possibly even with a ticket system (or at least the presence of a ticket system like mentality).

I don't think anyone is asking for anything more.
Activity: 831
Merit: 500
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
I don't know why people chose to ignore it and started yapping and complaining but whatever.

Because people like to yap and complain. Especially in this "on-demand" culture that has been cultivated.
Activity: 517
aka alaniz

For example, and I've mentioned it before on this thread: do you think it's acceptable to shrug off the fact that DiguSign returns errors when trying to search for signed embedded documents? That was first reported at the end of January. I've reported several other issues as well, just not here on this thread, not yet anyway, since I'm really curious to see if there is anyone else actually using the products and coming across these issues.

You consider this drama? The drama is the situation where 1/2 functional products are developed and nobody cares, and then everyone gets in a huff when someone brings up real issues that should be fixed in priorty fashion.

I think you've got the world turned upside down, but hey, that's just my opinion and you're entitled to continue thinking as you please.

We all make our own choices, and we're also responsible for our decisions.

As for me, I'll continue to bring serious thinking to this thread, even if it means pointing out flaws, since they can never be fixed if not first seen and identified. Again, anyone who feels the need to clearly let the world know that they have no interest in improving shortcomings, by all means, be our guest, and when frivolity fails, keep moaning and groaning and letting the insults and attacks flow against those who want something better than half-baked.

Please note we are constantly reading the forum and taking input from people through PM's, tweets, emails etc as this is our best way of discovering issues. We have a new version of DiguSign thats been under development for some time addressing these issues and more. Thank you everyone for giving feedback on multiple platforms and helping us iron out some of these issues.

Knowing that you (and the rest of the core group) received my late January reports directly via PM and email, I must be honest and say that this is the first I've heard about the new version of DiguSign. Sounds good. Is that being developed alongside the new gaming wallet by any chance? Speaking of which, how's that going?

It's been hard because I understand your concerns even if I don't agree with the harshness in which you voiced them. I whipped up the current version of digusign (as a proof of concept) extremely quickly and it was never my intention to have it live in semi functioning state as long as it's been. While I'm a core dev i'm also a student and have had to prioritise my time between alot of projects, with that being said (and knowing there's just some stuff I can't reveal) I've been working hard on all aspects of digusign in order to turn it from a proof of concept into a fully fledged product.

This is exactly the point. I wish people (who obviously clearly understand this is the case but choose to ignore it) could comprehend that most of the core work here is being done gratis, and by people who also have regular work or studies. Let's not expect the dedication we might expect from a dev team which is running with the resources of a billion dollar company for example.

Keep up the good work team Smiley

Thanks for your kind comment. I think this point is usually glossed over by most people and it usually brings frustration for those investing our time developing services for DigiByte.

I also indicated earlier that the CS:GO thing on dgbgaming is not release ready yet a few pages ago, I don't know why people chose to ignore it and started yapping and complaining but whatever.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Lovin' Crypto
Everytime any other altcoin goes up, DGB are being dumped on the trading places.

DGB is resisting this. That's a very good sign.
Soon or late when these greedy trader will have lost their money to manipulator, we'll reach the top Smiley
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Please update digibyte gaming website:
http://s29.postimg.org/fo553erfr/cexio.png

On cex.io is not possible buy or trade Digibytes.
legendary
Activity: 1062

For example, and I've mentioned it before on this thread: do you think it's acceptable to shrug off the fact that DiguSign returns errors when trying to search for signed embedded documents? That was first reported at the end of January. I've reported several other issues as well, just not here on this thread, not yet anyway, since I'm really curious to see if there is anyone else actually using the products and coming across these issues.

You consider this drama? The drama is the situation where 1/2 functional products are developed and nobody cares, and then everyone gets in a huff when someone brings up real issues that should be fixed in priorty fashion.

I think you've got the world turned upside down, but hey, that's just my opinion and you're entitled to continue thinking as you please.

As for me, I'll continue to bring serious thinking to this thread, even if it means pointing out flaws, since they can never be fixed if not first seen and identified. Again, anyone who feels the need to clearly let the world know that they have no interest in improving shortcomings, by all means, be our guest, and when frivolity fails, keep moaning and groaning and letting the insults and attacks flow against those who want something better than half-baked.

Please note we are constantly reading the forum and taking input from people through PM's, tweets, emails etc as this is our best way of discovering issues. We have a new version of DiguSign thats been under development for some time addressing these issues and more. Thank you everyone for giving feedback on multiple platforms and helping us iron out some of these issues.

Knowing that you (and the rest of the core group) received my late January reports directly via PM and email, I must be honest and say that this is the first I've heard about the new version of DiguSign. Sounds good. Is that being developed alongside the new gaming wallet by any chance? Speaking of which, how's that going?

It's been hard because I understand your concerns even if I don't agree with the harshness in which you voiced them. I whipped up the current version of digusign (as a proof of concept) extremely quickly and it was never my intention to have it live in semi functioning state as long as it's been. While I'm a core dev i'm also a student and have had to prioritise my time between alot of projects, with that being said (and knowing there's just some stuff I can't reveal) I've been working hard on all aspects of digusign in order to turn it from a proof of concept into a fully fledged product.

This is exactly the point. I wish people (who obviously clearly understand this is the case but choose to ignore it) could comprehend that most of the core work here is being done gratis, and by people who also have regular work or studies. Let's not expect the dedication we might expect from a dev team which is running with the resources of a billion dollar company for example.

Keep up the good work team Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
I think there is a need of news site or a dedicated news section in the official site? so people know when to expect a working product without speculating..
also a need of ticket system or bug tracker thingy? where people can report issues and devs can easily work on them without going through so much hassle

Keep it up DGB!
Activity: 808
Merit: 1014

What about Russian LoL Game server?

This server strangely disappeared from digibytegaming.com after last site update.
Activity: 750

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

Lovin' Crypto
How about this ?
Digibyte would be a nice option there ?

https://www.bitrefill.com/

Edit: it's worldwide
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

I this is HUUUUGE, why is this not promoted?

Good question.

Could a possible answer be the fear of success? Or just the need to keep accumulating DGB on the cheap? Or ...? Truth is, they're pretty much leaving it up to people's imaginations (not just with this - it happens all the time, witness the most recent example in South Africa), with the exception of a few dots that the well informed and studious can connect . . .

Or because its not completed yet and there seems to be no way to earn any Digibytes from playing it yet??

I've just linked mine and my sons steam accounts, so we will see if there are any payouts

Edit
My son played CSGO for a few hours this morning and so far, no stats have updated on the digibyte gaming site.
The payouts for CS GO have not been activated. We have been testing the CSGO steam login functionality and connectivity with their API. Stay tuned for an official release in the coming days.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Being your friend must be tough, you always manage to see the bad side of even positive news. Try smiling or even laughing from time to time Smiley

Oh, he decided to go against the community because no-one wanted to answer his sneaky questions.
People are working hard in the dev team I guess, and he got upset and required answers, like a customer would ask to a provider.

And since the drama is over, but the guy is still negative.. he kinda deserve the troll award too now :p

Your post is meant to suggest that you feel victimized? Is that what you wished to express to the world?

It has nothing to do with infantile concepts like going "against the community", and that kind of simplistic thinking only makes more evident the lack of ability to tackle serious issues.

The difference is between childish games and serious business.

Lovin' Crypto

Being your friend must be tough, you always manage to see the bad side of even positive news. Try smiling or even laughing from time to time Smiley

Oh, he decided to go against the community because no-one wanted to answer his sneaky questions.
People are working hard in the dev team I guess, and he got upset and required answers, like a customer would ask to a provider.

And since the drama is over, but the guy is still negative.. he kinda deserve the troll award too now :p
legendary
Activity: 1062

I this is HUUUUGE, why is this not promoted?

Good question.

Could a possible answer be the fear of success? Or just the need to keep accumulating DGB on the cheap? Or ...? Truth is, they're pretty much leaving it up to people's imaginations (not just with this - it happens all the time, witness the most recent example in South Africa), with the exception of a few dots that the well informed and studious can connect . . .

Or because its not completed yet and there seems to be no way to earn any Digibytes from playing it yet??

I've just linked mine and my sons steam accounts, so we will see if there are any payouts

Edit
My son played CSGO for a few hours this morning and so far, no stats have updated on the digibyte gaming site.

Yep. That's typical too. How many products do we have that are only 1/2 functional?

. . . with a lackadaisical, as if it doesn't matter, attitude.

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014
In case nobody else noticed, the www.digibytegaming.com website got tidied up and looks a lot cleaner and neater.  :ox

Why missing Russian game server in new digibytegaming.com website?
Jump to: