Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 667. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Just fired up my old baby on groestl Smiley

Thanks for all the hash help!

We have now turned the pool and explorer off to begin testing the v 4.0.0 release wallet with the main DigiByte network.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Just fired up my old baby on groestl Smiley

legendary
DigiByte w/ DigiSpeed pushed through 25,130 tx's in about 9 minutes without a problem. How many can BTC handle in that amount of time?

legendary
I just put my computer in the pool skein
Thanks! Flooding testnet with 50,000 + tx's as we speak: http://45.33.31.149/
legendary
I will rent a 60M qubit rig for 24 hours in three hours or so. (too bad skein and groestl algos aren't popular on rental sites)

For those that are interested we are sending 140 txs per second over the test net: http://45.33.31.149/blocks and the network is handling it beautifully with 15 second blocks.
Thanks for the help! Yes we need more skein and groestl hash. We just reset the blockchain with a new test.
Activity: 91
I will rent a 60M qubit rig for 24 hours in three hours or so. (too bad skein and groestl algos aren't popular on rental sites)

For those that are interested we are sending 140 txs per second over the test net: http://45.33.31.149/blocks and the network is handling it beautifully with 15 second blocks.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Great work devs! +1
legendary
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
★ Help us Test The DigiSpeed Hardfork ★

DigiHash Test Pool
DigiExplorer Test Explorer
DigiByte Block Size Projection through 2035

Everyone, we are very close to rolling out the Hard Fork and could use your help with extra miners on the network for one final large test. We could use help specifically on Skein and Groestl but hash on all algos is welcome.

Behind the scenes we have been exploring some of the consequences of raising the block size to 8 MB right away. Through our tests, and there have been several we have decided that raising to 8 MB blocks opens the network to unnecessary attack vectors right away.

With this in mind we have decided on a "Disciplined & Planned" approach to scaling the DigiByte Blockchain through 2035. This can be seen in this spreadsheet here: DigiByte Block Size Projection through 2035

The idea is we stick at 1 MB blocks with 15 second blocks until 2017. Then the block size doubles to 2 mb and then doubles every year through 2035. This allows continued DigiByte growth as bandwidth, hardware and more naturally grows. For instance in the year 2025 it is predicted we will see 100 TB harddrives.100 TB Harddrives

The reward amount will stay the same. We have a lot of room to grow with out current setup, but we want to make sure we have no issues in the future. The safemode warning as well as an issues some users were having with private keys will be fixed in this release as well.

awesome decision regarding the size of blocks! that's the way! grow slowly but surely. Having followed DigiByte this long, i am sure this isn't final (Bitcoin is still growing) and Jared and the DigiByte Team will always be monitoring over this particular issue. that's the most important thing in handling such matters - learning to grow with the problem and constantly addressing it from time to time.

DigiByte Team FTW!
Activity: 63

DigiHash Test Pool

Everyone, we are very close to rolling out the Hard Fork and could use your help with extra miners on the network for one final large test. We could use help specifically on Skein and Groestl but hash on all algos is welcome.

Behind the scenes we have been exploring some of the consequences of raising the block size to 8 MB right away. Through our tests, and there have been several we have decided that raising to 8 MB blocks opens the network to unnecessary attack vectors right away.

With this in mind we have decided on a "Disciplined & Planned" approach to scaling the DigiByte Blockchain through 2035. This can be seen in this spreadsheet here: DigiByte Block Size Projection through 2035

The idea is we stick at 1 MB blocks with 15 second blocks until 2017. Then the block size doubles to 2 mb and then doubles every year through 2035. This allows continued DigiByte growth as bandwidth, hardware and more naturally grows. For instance in the year 2025 it is predicted we will see 100 TB harddrives.100 TB Harddrives

The reward amount will stay the same. We have a lot of room to grow with out current setup, but we want to make sure we have no issues in the future. The safemode warning as well as an issues some users were having with private keys will be fixed in this release as well.

legendary

DigiHash Test Pool

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Wow.. great buy opportunities now!!!

If you already have the Bitcoins I agree, otherwise my opinion is Bitcoin will go back to 200 after New Year.

so i hope i can buy dgb use CNY or Dollar directly , just not depend on bitcoin .
Activity: 517
Merit: 500
aka alaniz
Activity: 824
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 517
aka alaniz
Just in case you have missed this Bittrex price is lower thatn Cryptsy, someone is buying on Bittrex & selling on Cryptsy....the sells on Cryptsy are identical to Bittrex until the price on Bittrex comes back to the same level as Cryptsy DGB will get dumped on until it hits 1 sat

This is called arbitrage and will continue as long as it is possible. It isn’t dumping, it is someone taking advantage of a situation because they can and isn’t any threat to DigiByte.

I know what it is & you may think its isnt a threat to DGB but it can be, if said trader continues to swap between each exchange there is nothing stopping said trader from driving the price down to zero...the advantage to us is cheap DGB but to others it may signal the alarm bells to dump to get what profit they do still have

I disagree, the rationale behind arbitrage trading is that you equalize the market across exchanges according to market forces. By which I mean that if the price goes up on exchange x (due to natural market forces) the arbitrage trader will seem as if he's pumping the price on another exchange (exchange y) and dumping on exchange x. This is true but one also has to take into account the volume at which this is profitable for said arbitrage trader, and because this is a very natural thing to do there is basically no opportunities for someone to do this (this is a almost theoretical fact from forex markets and basic economics, this signals market efficiency i.e. there aren't 4 different dgb prices there is one well determined price across all 4). Basically the market is what determines what the arbitrage trader does not the other way around.
Activity: 824
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have a question.
What's the most active DGB exchange?
Activity: 391
Merit: 100
Just in case you have missed this Bittrex price is lower thatn Cryptsy, someone is buying on Bittrex & selling on Cryptsy....the sells on Cryptsy are identical to Bittrex until the price on Bittrex comes back to the same level as Cryptsy DGB will get dumped on until it hits 1 sat

This is called arbitrage and will continue as long as it is possible. It isn’t dumping, it is someone taking advantage of a situation because they can and isn’t any threat to DigiByte.

I know what it is & you may think its isnt a threat to DGB but it can be, if said trader continues to swap between each exchange there is nothing stopping said trader from driving the price down to zero...the advantage to us is cheap DGB but to others it may signal the alarm bells to dump to get what profit they do still have
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Activity: 391
Merit: 100
Jump to: