Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 867. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
Agreed! I have a total of about 10 BTC buying power over the coming month so if anyone wants a bid filled, I'll gladly take it and store for a rainy day Wink I'm sure there are enough of us that have a similar hope for DGB's future, that any underselling will likely be gobbled up by the right people... Nom nom nom....

Similar hope? Yes.

Similar BTC to spend? No. Smiley

Well it's the group buying power that really matters when underselling becomes a problem, so every little bit helps in taking those DGB's to a place of sanctity huh Smiley
I've looked at the BTC ATM map and there are supposedly two around 40 miles away. I've thought about trying it just to see if I could get some BTC to buy DGB with, but that's kinda far to drive just for a $20-$40 test...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
So I'm looking over Digihash stats and I could do with some help understanding them. The following is the Scrypt row:

digibyte-scrypt

Workers: 22
Shares:126208290
Invalid Shares:1498981
Total Blocks: 2100
Blocks Pending: 2   
Confirmed:2036
Orphaned:0   
Hashrate: 408.53 MH

To my mind it should be: Confirmed + Orphaned + Pending = Total Blocks

If I'm right (which I'm probably not) then 62 blocks are in limbo somewhere.... Could someone shed some light?

Those blocks were orphaned by the network, they are just not displaying as such. Those stats have never displayed that count correctly and we have never gotten around to fixing that particular part of it.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
So I'm looking over Digihash stats and I could do with some help understanding them. The following is the Scrypt row:

digibyte-scrypt

Workers: 22
Shares:126208290
Invalid Shares:1498981
Total Blocks: 2100
Blocks Pending: 2   
Confirmed:2036
Orphaned:0   
Hashrate: 408.53 MH

To my mind it should be: Confirmed + Orphaned + Pending = Total Blocks

If I'm right (which I'm probably not) then 62 blocks are in limbo somewhere.... Could someone shed some light?

Agreed! I have a total of about 10 BTC buying power over the coming month so if anyone wants a bid filled, I'll gladly take it and store for a rainy day Wink I'm sure there are enough of us that have a similar hope for DGB's future, that any underselling will likely be gobbled up by the right people... Nom nom nom....

Similar hope? Yes.

Well it's the group buying power that really matters when underselling becomes a problem, so every little bit helps in taking those DGB's to a place of sanctity huh Smiley
Digihash payments frozen again? 5 hours since last payment with 140MH/s scrypt personally contributed :/

EDIT: Looks like someone just gave it a kick, bulk payment came in, thank you!

Update on DigiHash:

Many people who have been mining have been experiencing issues sending large transactions from their mining wallets. This is due to these wallets including a very large number of tx outputs from the mining pool. This takes the wallet a very long time to add up all the various inputs to formulate a transaction. This can become overwhelming with thousands of inputs.

The mining pool since inception has been set to pay out at 1 DGB. We have upped this limit to 500 DGB to help minimize bloat on the block chain and reduce this tx input/output problem. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM us. Cheers.

At 140MH/s on scrypt my payouts are rarely below 500 DGB. I got a 6000 DGB payment after about 6 hours of nothing so payments must have holted somewhere. But good to know on the above post Smiley

I find that Digihash is quite unique to other pools in that payouts are very inconsistent time and amount wise, even though pool hashrate seems pretty stable (admittedly the last 24 hours have been unusually jumpy). It's hard to put a reliable stats chart together punching the payouts and times into excel so I can forecast costs and ROI. Maybe I need to increase the reporting period to a couple of weeks instead of dailys as I normally would. Have another 380MH/s worth of hash power, but need to be able to forecast a little better before I push over to Digihash so maybe this is the answer.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Digihash payments frozen again? 5 hours since last payment with 140MH/s scrypt personally contributed :/

Update on DigiHash:

Many people who have been mining have been experiencing issues sending large transactions from their mining wallets. This is due to these wallets including a very large number of tx outputs from the mining pool. This takes the wallet a very long time to add up all the various inputs to formulate a transaction. This can become overwhelming with thousands of inputs.

The mining pool since inception has been set to pay out at 1 DGB. We have upped this limit to 500 DGB to help minimize bloat on the block chain and reduce this tx input/output problem. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM us. Cheers.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

Similar hope? Yes.

I was on a few other threads these days and have met with a couple of comments saying that "some delusional people joined the dgb thread recently" and therefore I think we should talk things that makes more sense...
Some fightin’ talk and the tools to empower our developers
We, the DigiByte community have a vision, we have many goals and one of them is 0.001 BTC per DGB and every one of us must remember this and be prepared to play their part reaching it as we begin to advance on that vision. Today this task may seem impossible, there are too many deserters and cowards amongst us, all too ready to sell out for a quick profit along the way driving a dagger into our heart and destroying our destiny from within, I want to leave these people in the dust with nothing but regret to console them and together we can and will achieve this goal. We will achieve it by maintaining a simple rule. If you must sell, you may sell any amount of DGB that you control along the way but at an ASK price and not by filling a bid order, filling a bid is retreating and is an admission of failure, a deliberate attack or a cowardice act, we will leave this for our enemies but we must place bids for them to fill. We will build momentum along the way and become many times stronger than we are today as miners and the rest of cryptodom rallies to our cause to share our vision and fortune and what we are doing captivates the media and new comers alike, we will succeed and what we sell along the way will determine how long it takes.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I was on a few other threads these days and have met with a couple of comments saying that "some delusional people joined the dgb thread recently" and therefore I think we should talk things that makes more sense...
Some fightin’ talk and the tools to empower our developers
We, the DigiByte community have a vision, we have many goals and one of them is 0.001 BTC per DGB and every one of us must remember this and be prepared to play their part reaching it as we begin to advance on that vision. Today this task may seem impossible, there are too many deserters and cowards amongst us, all too ready to sell out for a quick profit along the way driving a dagger into our heart and destroying our destiny from within, I want to leave these people in the dust with nothing but regret to console them and together we can and will achieve this goal. We will achieve it by maintaining a simple rule. If you must sell, you may sell any amount of DGB that you control along the way but at an ASK price and not by filling a bid order, filling a bid is retreating and is an admission of failure, a deliberate attack or a cowardice act, we will leave this for our enemies but we must place bids for them to fill. We will build momentum along the way and become many times stronger than we are today as miners and the rest of cryptodom rallies to our cause to share our vision and fortune and what we are doing captivates the media and new comers alike, we will succeed and what we sell along the way will determine how long it takes.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Thank you 24,

I missed such a great summary of everything from Jared.
He has a wide understanding of these legal issues. I think DGB is in the safe hands...

Best,
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
I personally wonder if there is any legal issues with the project Jared is involve in for DigiByte?... And if there is, wondering how they are planning to solve it...
Best,

I think Digibyte is taking the best steps possible.

We feel this accurately sums everything up. No digital currency company is fully compliant with every state in the US. To be compliant in the US as an exchange a company needs to comply not only with the US federal government but 47/50 States who each have their own set of rules and regulations.

It is a nightmare to wade through the regulations, bonding requirements and compliance requirements in 51 separate jurisdictions. Not to mention you don't know if they will change the rules regarding digital currency and separate them from other money transmitter services like New York has. This is driving a lot of companies to move oversees to places like Hong Kong to at least get off the ground and get started.

To attempt to become compliant in the US you are looking at a minimum net-worth requirement of $21 million with almost $400K (due annually) up front just to get the bond to even begin applying for state money transmitter licenses with no guarantee those will ever be approved. That does not include the attorney fees either which can easily run a few hundred thousand dollars.

This has resulted in a "winner take all" scenario where companies like Coinbase can virtually eliminate all competition.

Quote Coindesk: http://www.coindesk.com/digibyte-raises-250k-altcoin-retail-payments/
The funds will be used by the digibyte developers as part of a push to upgrade the core functionality of the project's code and develop new services on top of its infrastructure. The announcement coincides with the launch of two digibyte-focused startups: DigiPay LLC in California and DigiTrade International Limited Hong Kong.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Hello, I'm using GOOGLE translation, so I'll keep it short.

I am contacting you because I have a problem with my wallet DigiByte 64bit Core v3.0.3.0
My available balance appears to be 3,000,000, but I can't send more than 1.1 million to my other address.

my two addresses:
- http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte/stats/DCS2wZvFPfDtKufUEpRQDmXt3GHEkE726J
- http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte/stats/DAAVsbhoprWeQ2b4y4QDoZNZPLZCqi5ND8

If required I can also send you the transaction statement

Here are some screenshots :

Thanks for your help !

I think I have the answer! HR Thanks for your forum: http://asistec-ti.com/

"It means that your transaction size in bytes is too larger (bytes, not DigiBytes). In a nutshell, it has to do with the number of inputs that are going into your output. If your inputs are very small, the total number of DGB that you will be able to send will also be very small. ~675 inputs would be the maximum you could currently combine for an output send, so if you're mining with a CPU and you've got inputs of, let's say an average of 5 DGB, the most DGB you could send would be 3,375, and you'd pay 2 DGB just like you'd pay 2 DGB if your inputs were 1,000 and you were sending a total of 675,000 DGB. It all comes down to the number of bytes in each input and is completely independent of the DGB amount.
"

do you think it is that ??

That's right. You can use Coin Control to experiment on your own. It's a pretty neat tool. Ah, I see I have no HOW-TO for Coin Control.  Angry  I'll need to get that done the next chance I have . . . if anyone wants to post their pointers as well . . .

Glad to hear that the forum was a help. Thanks.

Add: I just started a Coin Control thread, but don't let that mislead you into thinking that I'll be able to do much more until Sunday maybe . . . or maybe the following weekend.   Undecided
legendary

That's DigiShield. It is an expensive way to annoy a service, I agree but I still susspect someone of doing just that. The good thing for us, is that when they pull their hardware back, difficulty drops quickly too so we don't suffer because of it.

Yep sorry, I was using the wrong term lol "digishield" is what I was referring to. And yep, your right, it does pull back quite quickly, that's why I can see how it looks like a good plan of attack to dissuade that kind of activity. The only winners are still the ones with huge hash power though. They still earn blocks at high difficulty while all of us well intentioned and globally distributed miners lose out.... Rock and a hard place for sure.
This is why we need 'DigiKnights', people that understand this and keep their hardware, no matter how small, on our network permanently. People that believe in DigiByte and its future because the more of us there are, the more expensive it becomes to play with us like this.  Wink

Oh no, not another DigiType (digiknights)!!.... I'm clearly already having trouble keeping up Tongue Anybody got a link to a DigiDictionary app??
Don't worry, I made that one up myself. Grin

but sure we have room for many many more @The cashier. I distinguish between knights and fans, knights mine in some form or another.

That's DigiShield. It is an expensive way to annoy a service, I agree but I still susspect someone of doing just that. The good thing for us, is that when they pull their hardware back, difficulty drops quickly too so we don't suffer because of it.

Yep sorry, I was using the wrong term lol "digishield" is what I was referring to. And yep, your right, it does pull back quite quickly, that's why I can see how it looks like a good plan of attack to dissuade that kind of activity. The only winners are still the ones with huge hash power though. They still earn blocks at high difficulty while all of us well intentioned and globally distributed miners lose out.... Rock and a hard place for sure.
This is why we need 'DigiKnights', people that understand this and keep their hardware, no matter how small, on our network permanently. People that believe in DigiByte and its future because the more of us there are, the more expensive it becomes to play with us like this.  Wink

Oh no, not another DigiType (digiknights)!!.... I'm clearly already having trouble keeping up Tongue Anybody got a link to a DigiDictionary app??
Activity: 335

This is why we need 'DigiKnights', people that understand this and keep their hardware, no matter how small, on our network permanently. People that believe in DigiByte and its future because the more of us there are, the more expensive it becomes to play with us like this.  Wink
There is a lot of DigiFans already Smiley
legendary

This is why we need 'DigiKnights', people that understand this and keep their hardware, no matter how small, on our network permanently. People that believe in DigiByte and its future because the more of us there are, the more expensive it becomes to play with us like this.  Wink

Yep sorry, I was using the wrong term lol "digishield" is what I was referring to. And yep, your right, it does pull back quite quickly, that's why I can see how it looks like a good plan of attack to dissuade that kind of activity. The only winners are still the ones with huge hash power though. They still earn blocks at high difficulty while all of us well intentioned and globally distributed miners lose out.... Rock and a hard place for sure.... I'm still not convinced that kind of hash power is bothering with DGB at this early stage, even though I'm normally a stickler for a conspiracy theory Wink
legendary

Does not look like there is a problem with payouts on the digihash pool to me, i received a payment around 15 mins ago but I am mining on sha. I do get a latency problem and never achieve 100% efficiency. I'm in the UK, so I was expecting a bit of latency, I thought it was possibly due to GCHQ piping traffic to CIA first. Grin

LOL! Well I did get a payment just after my last post as luck would have it, still a dismal ROI with difficulty bouncing around like a squirrel with rabies though.... I think DigiSpeed while being a good idea in theory, is actually doing more harm than good in some ways if I'm understanding how it works.
Best take this one up with Jared, himself i guess and see what can be done to improve the situation.  Smiley
Has DigiSpeed been implemented yet? i didn't think it had.

Well if it hasn't something is seriously wrong, I saw difficulty go from 127 to nearly 500 and then back to 135 in the space of a couple hours :/
I think that is quite normal on this coin. The total  scrypt and sha network speeds jump about as people add and remove hardware, not all of them DigiByte friendly I'm sure.

I hear you, but it's extremely unusual for difficulty to jump like that (aka DigiSpeed), you don't even see it ramp up slowly like one would expect as hash rates increase. That's why I mentioned Digispeed doing more harm than good, increasing difficulty like that only penalises people putting their hard earned and costly hash power on DGB IMO.

DDOS type traffic shouldn't affect coin difficulty, it may affect network availability of a particular pool, but only hash power should affect coin difficulty and jumps like I mention above mean hundreds of scrypt GH/s would theoretically have to appear and disappear just as quickly. That's a very expensive way to annoy a service.
Jump to: