Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 869. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hi all, just wondering if someone can provide some input on issues we're seeing with mining on Digihash...

We've recently switched a couple of our mining rigs back to Digihash after running them on other pools without issue:

1st Rig: MinerEU Rig 90MH/s - I'm seeing a high number of rejects, far more than I see on P2Pools and other Stratum pools. I'm seeing about 3% rejects with this rig. Normal reject rate for this rig is usually around 0.1% on other pools. I'm running the 256 Network Difficulty option on Digihash (port 3257)

2nd Rig: Zues Lightning X6 44MH/s - I'm seeing a high number of rejects on this rig too, but I'm also seeing a very high number of hardware errors  compared to other pools. Again I'm running the 256 Network Difficulty option on Digihash (port 3257)

3rd Rig: I'm also running some lower hash rate blades on DigiHash, hardware errors are also unusually high on them, but reject rate is pretty good.

All devices are running an expiry = 120, queue = 0, and a scantime=30.

Are other people experiencing the same kind of stats on scrypt? Are we running too high of a network difficulty for the two larger rigs?

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

OK daysi, I give in. What is it? It looks like a DigiByte sleeping on a cushion. This is not a criticism, I don't want to put you or anyone else off posting this kind of stuff, please keep doing it, I just can't seem to work out what it is.  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Hahahah that would be the sickest thing in crypto history.

Future headline:  Cat runs away with private keys Digibyte wallet containing 56mill Digibytes approx worth ~ 1 million $
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

Public and private keys are on a sticky note attached to my monitor... that way people can't hack my pc to get them

Just make sure a tech savvy cat burglar doesn't break in... or even just your cat taking the sticky note. Also make sure your notes can't be seen by any webcams. I'm super paranoid about that stuff!
[/quote]

I'm joking Smiley i work in the IT field. They are well protected.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Public and private keys are on a sticky note attached to my monitor... that way people can't hack my pc to get them
[/quote]

Just make sure a tech savvy cat burglar doesn't break in... or even just your cat taking the sticky note. Also make sure your notes can't be seen by any webcams. I'm super paranoid about that stuff!
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
lots of good news but only a few buy orders...
everyone waiting for hard fork to happen ? or did i miss something

last few days only 3 btc buy  and 13 btc sell in orderbook
Are you sure it isn't the other way round. It looked like o0o0 picked up about 13 btc of DGB on his own.

And another 10btc incoming soon.

It's getting crowded in the top 5 positions of the richlist Roll Eyes

DMCFe6VYj8qF3pGyo2np7Vx8YevK4df4sj

This is me.... #6 on the list. Its a little inaccurate as my wallet has 56 Million DGB in it and my cryptsy account has another 6.5 Million DGB in it. Think some are in different receive address inputs.

With another 10BTC invested i'll be rank #5. Too hard to get to #1 as i don't run mining on DGB anymore but i'm happy to remain in the top 5.

DGB will go to 1000 satoshi i reckon. You're an idiot if you don't get in now.

Things i see in digibyte that make it attractive to be a potential (notice i said potential not definite) coin for everyday internet use
- Active development --> new features not just adopted stuff from everywhere else and a gimmick
- No negative clouds surrounding the coin --> trust and honesty is important for high adoption
- Fast transactions --> this is perhaps the most important thing for use case adoption in everyday internet services, products etc
- Low premine and its proven to be used to promote coin dev and use unlike other dodgy coin operations
- Price isn't insane daily volume, high low change. It seems stable so is reliable to use
- Coin amount is way more than Bitcoin but not crazy amounts like some other coins. People find dealing with 1 unit increments more friendly than o that'll cost 0.000541 coins. @ 6000 DGB per $1 approx thats just nice to use. Once the price hits 1000 satoshi it'll be like 6 DGB to the dollar. Nice and friendly.

The few things i think that can be improved
- I think the digibyte man is ok but it seems a bit too friendly kid like? who knows maybe the mascot appeals to the older generation for adoption.. i'm a younger user so i probably have a more serious outlook on net ventures... mum, dad and grandma probably think its ok.
- Jarrod seems active in the dev space and comments but i think a PR face or Jarrod being more noob user in your face would be great. You know the dev of the coin thats out there in locations for average users driving adoption and promotion... not the tech savvy people that come here. Its the everyday average people that will really get the adoption and use going.

Anyway... enough diverging... whoever #5 position is i'm coming to claim it Smiley. Thanks for keeping it warm.

http://www.richlist.eu/digibyte/

Don't forget to have adequate security measures in place.

http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=13

You are more then welcome and it is great to see that you are reaching the #5 spot in just a matter of days.
I like the way you think about and look at Digibyte,Would love to see you drop some of your suggestions @ www.digibyteforum.com so it will not get lost so easy in all the messages in here.
legendary

last few days only 3 btc buy  and 13 btc sell in orderbook
Are you sure it isn't the other way round. It looked like o0o0 picked up about 13 btc of DGB on his own.

This is me.... #6 on the list. Its a little inaccurate as my wallet has 56 Million DGB in it and my cryptsy account has another 6.5 Million DGB in it. Think some are in different receive address inputs.

With another 10BTC invested i'll be rank #5. Too hard to get to #1 as i don't run mining on DGB anymore but i'm happy to remain in the top 5.

Things i see in digibyte that make it attractive to be a potential (notice i said potential not definite) coin for everyday internet use
- Active development --> new features not just adopted stuff from everywhere else and a gimmick
- No negative clouds surrounding the coin --> trust and honesty is important for high adoption
- Fast transactions --> this is perhaps the most important thing for use case adoption in everyday internet services, products etc
- Low premine and its proven to be used to promote coin dev and use unlike other dodgy coin operations
- Price isn't insane daily volume, high low change. It seems stable so is reliable to use
- Coin amount is way more than Bitcoin but not crazy amounts like some other coins. People find dealing with 1 unit increments more friendly than o that'll cost 0.000541 coins. @ 6000 DGB per $1 approx thats just nice to use. Once the price hits 1000 satoshi it'll be like 6 DGB to the dollar. Nice and friendly.

- I think the digibyte man is ok but it seems a bit too friendly kid like? who knows maybe the mascot appeals to the older generation for adoption.. i'm a younger user so i probably have a more serious outlook on net ventures... mum, dad and grandma probably think its ok.
- Jarrod seems active in the dev space and comments but i think a PR face or Jarrod being more noob user in your face would be great. You know the dev of the coin thats out there in locations for average users driving adoption and promotion... not the tech savvy people that come here. Its the everyday average people that will really get the adoption and use going.

Anyway... enough diverging... whoever #5 position is i'm coming to claim it Smiley. Thanks for keeping it warm.

Activity: 672
I've been fiddling with digibyte-qt 3.0.3 ubuntu x64.
I'm trying to generate an address to use with digibytetip (the default system generated one seemed to go belly up).
I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a button somewhere... but I cannot find it. Help!

The wallet itself is synchronized and pulled up my mined DGB from previous wallet with no issues.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Cryptsy Lying About Following All State Laws say coinfire.

http://coinfire.io/2015/05/01/cryptsy-lying-about-following-all-state-laws/
I'm not making a big deal out of this at the moment, can anyone tell me why I should? It seems to me that the licensing being talked about in this article is not yet common, if at all in place on any of the exchanges. Big V's reply (see below) to this article seems reasonable to me at this juncture, what am I missing?

n response to coinfire

I’d like to make a statement regarding coinfire’s article claiming we are lying about being fully licensed.

First off, we’ve never made any claims about being fully licensed at the state level. I’m unsure where they received their information from, but like every other Bitcoin company in the US, we do not have state level MSB licenses. Are we working to acquire them? Yes, but the process can take years.

There is no company that is fully licensed at the state level in the US. None.

Coinfire claims to have tried contacting us, but I’m unsure the method they were attempting. I’ve not seen anything from them requesting information. Had they asked, we would have told them that we do not have state level licenses – just like anybody else who asks that question. They certainly would not have had to call state by state requesting information because we would have told them we do not carry state licenses.

We do, however, fully comply with our Federal MSB requirements. This includes filing SAR (Suspicous Activity Reports) and CTR (Currency Transaction Reports). We also have one of the most extensive KYC programs in the industry, scrub accounts against the OFAC list, and perform Transaction Monitoring. At a federal level, we are compliant.

Federal compliance is the only claim we have ever made and will make.

I invite the writer at coinfire to contact me so I can show him what we do have, and what we don’t. I’m sure we could chat for hours about the woes of a Bitcoin related company attempting to get licenses from all the states.

It seemed to be a good investigation, but it was based on a false premise.

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
We feel this accurately sums everything up. No digital currency company is fully compliant with every state in the US. To be compliant in the US as an exchange a company needs to comply not only with the US federal government but 47/50 States who each have their own set of rules and regulations.

It is a nightmare to wade through the regulations, bonding requirements and compliance requirements in 51 separate jurisdictions. Not to mention you don't know if they will change the rules regarding digital currency and separate them from other money transmitter services like New York has. This is driving a lot of companies to move oversees to places like Hong Kong to at least get off the ground and get started.

To attempt to become compliant in the US you are looking at a minimum net-worth requirement of $21 million with almost $400K (due annually) up front just to get the bond to even begin applying for state money transmitter licenses with no guarantee those will ever be approved. That does not include the attorney fees either which can easily run a few hundred thousand dollars.

This has resulted in a "winner take all" scenario where companies like Coinbase can virtually eliminate all competition.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250

You shouldn't! They need something to write for the masses! Cryptocurrency licensing is not valid by state or goverment. Takes time.
Meanwhile i just tested Instagiffer and its nice. Get some new funny gifs for promo DGB!

Hi ReSl.  I really like that GIF you made.  I'm going to test out the Instagifer ... is the globe graphic public domain?  I've never really worried about reproduction rights for my personal stuff - but we would have to be careful if we're stealing IP for commercial use ...
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

About time.

This, of course, can only be good for everything and everyone that's on the up and up, and good riddance to everything and everyone that's not (we can hope anyway  Wink )
legendary
Nice  Cool

I always thought the Digibyte promotion video moved too fast for most people to read and take in. Now we can break it down to DigiByte sized chunks.  Wink
legendary
Actually cryptsy owner is slightly wrong about none of the exchanges having licensing in the US.  Cex.io actually aquired a Money Services Business [MSB] status in FinCEN.  Granted it still has work to get licensing done in every state, Currently it can't work with customers in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Vermont, Virginia, Washington.

Anyway yea just thought I would correct that statement Cryptsy made and yea.

Edit: Actually just Reread what he posted.

"There is no company that is fully licensed at the state level in the US. None."  That is actually correct, as you can see from above of course.  I do think Cex.io is currently the only one with an MSB though I think.  Anyone know of any other's that have an MSB?
Thanks for the update malickie.   
Jump to: