Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 876. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
That guy on 47 sat makes a smart move Roll Eyes

Thank you for your kind words Smiley. It'll join my stash of 38,000,000 already. I hold bitcoin and digibyte only. Other coins i get through trades, rewards etc i convert to btc and 50/50 convert to digibyte. I actually need some for a gaming/crypto project i'm working on that will use dgb as the base reward system. Mainly because of its development activity and low value coin as opposed to bitcoin and the speed of confirmations makes it ideal for me.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Warning: DigiHash easy miner
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-digibyte-test-our-new-3-click-beginner-mining-software-926440
I recently thought I’d try the easy miner out, I was just curious about what it could achieve on a standard pc. Well I couldn’t actually get it working properly on the machine I was using and perhaps a little more concerning is that I discovered it was trying to access an infected web resource.
So if you have previously installed this software on your machine and I downloaded from the above link, you may need to check to see if you have been infected.
http://www.herdprotect.com/groestlcpu64.exe-2b4667bb5ce0e9a6a673c2dd38073414317cc2f0.aspx
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Look who is on top of this new page Grin

Cryptocloudhosting is rocking!!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11099745
Activity: 335
A person shouldn't be thinking "I can buy $25 worth of pizza for 200k DGB"

That person should be thinking, "I can buy pizza for DGB"

The value of a DGB is not important. Acceptance as a means of exchange in the marketplace is the important thing.

well you say value is not important. but i bet you are here because of the potential of dgb which can bring you a big fortune.

let us not be hypocrites here.

we are all here for the potential returns DGB can bring to us after how many years. acceptance of DGB is equally important as well for dgb to rise.

so please stop with value isnt important
Yeah value will be important when adopted.
Activity: 308

The value of a DGB is not important. Acceptance as a means of exchange in the marketplace is the important thing.

well you say value is not important. but i bet you are here because of the potential of dgb which can bring you a big fortune.

let us not be hypocrites here.

we are all here for the potential returns DGB can bring to us after how many years. acceptance of DGB is equally important as well for dgb to rise.

so please stop with value isnt important
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

Activity: 493
like I said, there is middle ground here. Only a fool is going to spend all of their DGB now!  Wink
And only a fool doesn't spend their DGB and then buy more to replace it.

If you were going to spend cash and there is a digibyte option then use digibytye, then use that cash to buy more didgbyte. If you purchase more digibyte at the same time as spending it, you won't be caught with price fluctuations.

It's a trading coin, not a hoarding one. You will make a lot more money this way.

We discussed this, the problem for many is converting their fiat quick enough. Then you have to acquire enough DGB at the right price for whatever you are buying so really you need to do this first. I am not going to spend DGB I mined when it cost me more to mine than I can exchange it for on the market, no serious miner will. Did you read any of the other posts regarding this?

Errr, yes and I hear the same thing over and over.

So the root cause is: a fast fiat -> DGB exchange, so we are getting somewhere, and that needs to be addressed before the serious roll out of merchants.

It'll be hard enough to sell the idea to the merchants in the first place, but when this happens it'll be nice if people have the spend mentality rather than the horde mentality like all the other failed coins.

The BTC Pizza Purchase is an important lesson. Everyone harps on about how much money that guy could have made if he kept the coins, but they missed the point. If he didn't do it, then he hasn't proven the concept and perhaps it doesn't take off.

With 20-20 hindsight, when you spend $25 worth of DGB on a pizza be smart and buy back $25 worth of DGB, and then you won't have any regrets. That's all I'm saying.

But the take home message is 'we' need to spend the $25 on a 'pizza', if this coin is going places.

legendary
like I said, there is middle ground here. Only a fool is going to spend all of their DGB now!  Wink

If you were going to spend cash and there is a digibyte option then use digibytye, then use that cash to buy more didgbyte. If you purchase more digibyte at the same time as spending it, you won't be caught with price fluctuations.

It's a trading coin, not a hoarding one. You will make a lot more money this way.

We discussed this, the problem for many is converting their fiat quick enough. Then you have to acquire enough DGB at the right price for whatever you are buying so really you need to do this first. I am not going to spend DGB I mined when it cost me more to mine than I can exchange it for on the market, no serious miner will. Did you read any of the other posts regarding this?
Activity: 493
like I said, there is middle ground here. Only a fool is going to spend all of their DGB now!  Wink

legendary

Very interesting. I also believe the good altcoins like Digi and NLG will rise with it.
If BTC doubles in fiat so does DGB, the only shame will be that we are not nearer our target price when everything kicks off!
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 245
are there things we can do now to prevent fud actions in the future?
every coin that starts to get a pump gets massive fud attack.

I never saw any fud  in dgb so far and i myself trust this coin 100%
but was thinking about it for new investors that come.

like Bitstake for example. i don't follow them enough to know whats happening but i know they are having alot of fud and price crashed from 100k to 25k.

If i also heard right  Arch did also suffer from FUD. but again i only heard that one so not 100% sure

anyway my question. is there something we can do right now to prepare ourselfs for upcomming FUD when  our pump starts ?

A couple of quick responses ...

As we move forward, let's keep in mind that there's a difference between FUD and critical questions.  Digibyte can - in my opinion - deal adequately with both.

Remember that FUD is a sales technique.  It's a sales and marketing strategy - it's not critical evaluation.  The FUD strategy was largely pioneered by IBM sales people way back when ... It goes something like this: "you should buy our brand because you don't want to deal with the hassles and problems of some inferior brand."  Over the years, the strategy has evolved to apply to range of approaches to sell a particular perspective.  It is especially dangerous in trading and digital currencies because it feeds on inherent fears and uncertainties related to risk and investment.  As long as we keep in mind that people spreading FUD are selling something ... once you figure out what they're selling ... their logic is transparent and their arguments lose credibility.  FUD - in any form - is never anything except marketing and persuasion that is void of critical thought.

In the future we will face critical questions - let's say from a merchant, new to digital currency, who is concerned about security, or implementing an unfamiliar technology.  These sorts of questions will get posted, they'll generate debate ... maybe even some little bumps in the road ... but, in the end, I believe that we can demonstrate the value and quality as we grow and build into the future.  
legendary

like Bitstake for example. i don't follow them enough to know whats happening but i know they are having alot of fud and price crashed from 100k to 25k.

If i also heard right  Arch did also suffer from FUD. but again i only heard that one so not 100% sure

anyway my question. is there something we can do right now to prepare ourselfs for upcomming FUD when  our pump starts ?
no but when it comes we can shoot it down with the truth!
Activity: 351

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
FYI, the default settings for digihash skein on Radeon 7750 are too extreme. They make the system choppy. And I don't mean "cannot play 3D game choppy" I mean so choppy I have difficulty typing this message as the letters get there easily half a second later.

The proposed parameters are:
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://digihash.co:3035 -u wallet -p x --text-only --skein -I 13 -g 2 -w 264
Producing ~45MHs peaking the card at 60C.
The following produces a far more usable system while keeping the hashrate ~45MHs.
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://digihash.co:3035 -u wallet -p x --text-only --skein -I 10 -w 256
Odd stuff: this does 46MHs and is even smoother:
Code:
-o stratum+tcp://digihash.co:3035 -u wallet -p x --text-only --skein -I 8 -w 64
legendary
Please could members of the DigiByte community write individual brief statements about how they feel the first year of DGB went.  Also, please include your favourite moment and what you anticipate in the future.  These statements will go into the book.

Support at DGB address: DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
and this. Smiley
legendary
How can we improve this basic description of DigiByte multi-algorithm mining?

DigiByte uses five independent mining algorithms to process transactions over the network. Each algorithm accounts for about 20% of all blocks discovered on the network. This allows for greater decentralization as currently three of the five DigiByte algorithms are ASIC resistant and much better for GPU miners. The best GPU algorithms to mine on are Skein, Groestl and Qubit. It is still possible (but not recommended) to mine all five algorithms with a CPU.

SHA256 is heavily dominated by used Bitcoin ASICS as DigiByte provides an attractive market to miners who can no longer competitively mine Bitcoin with their used ASICS.  Scrypt is now becoming more dominated by ASICs, however it is still possible to GPU mine a few DigiBytes each day.
also this to think about.
legendary
http://dgbmap.com/ beta. Still a few things need working on and once I'm happy with the API I will expose it to the public.

Cheers.
cool stuff and compared to bitcoin nodes, we are more 'out there' than most would give us credit for!
https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/

a few tweaks before going public and when I say tweaks I don't think he means like the twoeeks BFL and BA used to tell their customers.  Grin

and just a reminder for anyone who has not joined our new forum and that must be loads of you!
http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php
Jump to: