Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 874. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Just a open question to everyone ... how many people would be willing to contribute some DGB to take out a banner ad on Coindesk?  The base price would be $800 (that would be for 50,000 impressions) ...

I'd be willing to throw in approximately $75 to get the ball rolling (from the start).  I'd also be willing to set up a donation address/wallet (and provide transparent accounting).  I think if we're going to do it, we might consider timing the ad with the DigiSpeed announcement ...

I've been thinking about this for the past week or so ... and I don't have time at the moment to fully explain all the reasons ... but I think it might be a good idea.

$50 added  i am in Wink
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
DigiTip or as I gather tipping people digital currency.... in the hopes that it will drive adoption... a gift to entice people to try say BTC or DGB.... to let people give a tip for articles or work already completed etc..  is a digital version of panhandling in my eyes.

I was skimming through the posts of this thread around the dates of mid April and I skimmed a discussion on trying to come up with a slogan. I was not too interested in a slogan for digitip but apparently that thread made an impression as I was sitting here in idle time thinking about DigiTip and I thought... rather than trying to find a slogan why not try to find a segment for DigiTip.   By segment I mean really pin point an area or industry that can benefit from Tipping and Micro Transactions that would solve a problem or provide a service for people while giving the experienced and experts in that segment a way to generate revenue.

Breaking apart Digi Tip an idea came to me..... Why not position DigiTip as a way for end users to get answers (Tips and Advice) to digital technology questions and concerns. That segment is pretty large and there is a big need for all kinds of advice...plus there is already a ton of already active communities that could benefit from monetizing the free advice they are giving. Take for example general tech help questions that people have... DigiTip could put them in touch with an expert that can answer their question.  To drive this home, provide a way for someone to purchase a DigiTip "card" (AKA a wallet) that is loaded with DGB. They then use this to pay for the DigiTip.

This creates a situation that adds a new level of value to DGB. Instead of buying some obtuse digital currency you are actually pre-buying access to experts that will provide you with solutions to questions about Digital Technologies. It breaks the mold of having value determined by exchange rates, network stats, and all the factors we use to try to communicate the worth of block chains and digital coins and establish value directly with the end user through the services they receive. If this could also be executed properly it would also break down the barriers of entry into obtaining and spending digital currency.

A $20 DigiTip card could represent 20 questions that can be asked of experts for example. How much time would it save someone if they could bust out their digitip card and get the answer to their in a timely manner?  Would it be worth $1.00 to them... Would the expert appreciate all the DGB? What if 1 DGB were $1.00... would't they like that?
 I know I would.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
averaging over the day sells in an hour I came up with 600000 DGB. Assuming they are using the most efficient mining equipment available they would be just about covering their costs when they could be making considerably more mining BTC. THEY must really want to keep us down for some reason. Huh

The more genuine miners we attract, the harder it is for them.

Anyone think I'm crazy? Roll Eyes
legendary
I think the daily average of SHA mining is currently 90TH/s ish. I think 75% of it is foe and if I assume that SHA takes 20% of total DGB that adds up to about 1million coins a day. How much do all those little sells on crypsy add up to?

and yes EPLDCC, I'd contribute.
Activity: 245
Just a open question to everyone ... how many people would be willing to contribute some DGB to take out a banner ad on Coindesk?  The base price would be $800 (that would be for 50,000 impressions) ...

I'd be willing to throw in approximately $75 to get the ball rolling (from the start).  I'd also be willing to set up a donation address/wallet (and provide transparent accounting).  I think if we're going to do it, we might consider timing the ad with the DigiSpeed announcement ...

I've been thinking about this for the past week or so ... and I don't have time at the moment to fully explain all the reasons ... but I think it might be a good idea.
Activity: 245
I was halfway into my 24 hour test... lol  Smiley when the delay in payout started.  

Simply put I was going to take the 24 hour period and divide my total to get the hourly average.  No worries about the pool the biggest worry would be the website.  I trust it will get sorted out. I just wanted to put it out there that to be taken seriously an ALT coin needs to be on their  A game all the time. Wink

Hi Mushin.  I think you have important points here.  My comment here isn't about your points - it's about your strategy to get an average.  I know that mining (and approaches and strategies to mining) is a bit different for everybody (i.e. I only mine scrypt).  I really like mining DGB - it's all I mine now.  When I first started mining DGB I attempted to do the hourly/daily/average thing.  It works - obviously.  Or, better stated, if the server payouts hadn't been delayed it would have worked.  However, as I continued to mine, I noticed that the daily averages were super different.  Clearly, mining rewards vary slightly at any given time ... there is an element of chance involved ... but, still, I noticed that my averages were spreading out too dramatically for the reason to be just statistical variation in daily rewards.  Just by way of example, there will be days where I mine 30,000 to 40,000 DGB ... and then days where I mine 12,000-16,000 ... In all fairness, I don't run my equipment 24-hour-a-day.  So, I have to account for hours that I mine per day.  But, even taking that into account, I noticed huger divergence in averages.  It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the difficulty adjustments.

Most coins I've mined have difficulty adjustments that happen much slower, and tend to mostly move in small difficulty adjustments (maybe down a bit - but mostly just incrementally higher).  DGB is different.  As a result of DigiShield - and the effects of multipools that autoswitch users for profitability - the speed of DGB - the difficulty can change (like huge changes) throughout a day.  It's not uncommon for the difficulty to change 60%- 80% within a short period of time.  So ... all this is to say ... if you're like me, you'll have to spread the averages out over a bit longer times (like weekly averages) ... otherwise you get unclear comparisons.
legendary

thanks.  All those pools add up to about 25 TH   and  the actual  network hash of DGB sha fluctuates between 35TH/s and 200TH/s over the day.

It is 152TH/s while I added these together.
legendary
What are all the pools that mine DGB? Is there a comprehensive list anywhere?
Activity: 254
A 524 error states that CloudFlare was able to make a TCP connection to the origin, but the origin did not reply with a HTTP response before the connection timed out. This means that CloudFlare is able to make a network connection to the origin server, but the origin server took too long to respond to the request.
legendary
@mush
Also, as we grow it is inevitable that we attract a few undesirables throwing spanners into the works!  Wink
I'm glad someone else has an eye open, looking at this picture too now. I wish I could account for where all the digibyte hashing is coming from as I am certain a large proportion of it is not friendly.
Can see some service for maintenance that's ongoing. CloudFlare Ray ID: 1dfc5d8aa53a058f
Lol just my luck...

That is a good record.

Regarding the other poster about cloufare... It appears they are using it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
I was halfway into my 24 hour test... lol  Smiley when the delay in payout started.  

Simply put I was going to take the 24 hour period and divide my total to get the hourly average.  No worries about the pool the biggest worry would be the website.  I trust it will get sorted out. I just wanted to put it out there that to be taken seriously an ALT coin needs to be on their  A game all the time. Wink

Agreed 100% but i believe this is the first time in 6 months its offline.  Maybe something with the server its running on.  Jared is contacted and working on the problems.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really need technical assistance as I have been mining for quite some time and have mined DGB successfully but to answer your questions. I am pointing just under 2TH at Digihash.co
I am mining on SHA-256 total pool hashrate is just approx 8.69 TH on SHA-256. My hardware is working fine.

Might I suggest that if you are making changes to the website you do them in a dev environment and then go live once they are done. Taking a site offline for a long period of time is never good especially when people are still trying to trust digital currency in general.

Ok cool. I stayed with digihas.co also a while but i dont like that the pool payouts not proper working. I know thats a problem coming from  /r/nomp.
For your suggest on website i think the work is done in a dev enironment! I guess its the hosting company. They should upgrade to a better hoster and use cloudfare to protect! Maybe the all read this Smiley
legendary
I use the same pool mushin, it is the digihash developers pool. It is true payments mount up from time to time but they will be pushed out soon, they always are. Also you need to keep your hashing constant over the 24hr period to get the figures you are looking for, you wont get an hourly figure as the total sha network speed jumps about over the day and it can be anywhere between 35TH/s to 200TH/s at any given point.
From a new DGB user this is a bit concerning. I have been mining for about 3 days and already there are delays and problems. I know that technical problems occur but imagine if you will all the hype and marketing people do to attract attention and the moment someone decides to pull the trigger and try DGB the website and network is being problematic. It does not instill confidence... especially with the extended outage of the digibyte website.

Hi and welcome to the DGB community. Sorry for this issues! Maybe i can help you out.
First some questions:
Did your Hardware proper worked at other coins and pools?
Which algo you mining?
Which pool you are on?
How big is your hashingpower and how big is the hashingpower from pool?

especially with the extended outage of the digibyte website. => we are working on it, doing translation and improving!

Thanks for the reply. I don't really need technical assistance as I have been mining for quite some time and have mined DGB successfully but to answer your questions. I am pointing just under 2TH at Digihash.co
I am mining on SHA-256 total pool hashrate is just approx 8.69 TH on SHA-256. My hardware is working fine.

Might I suggest that if you are making changes to the website you do them in a dev environment and then go live once they are done. Taking a site offline for a long period of time is never good especially when people are still trying to trust digital currency in general.
From a new DGB user this is a bit concerning. I have been mining for about 3 days and already there are delays and problems. I know that technical problems occur but imagine if you will all the hype and marketing people do to attract attention and the moment someone decides to pull the trigger and try DGB the website and network is being problematic. It does not instill confidence... especially with the extended outage of the digibyte website.

Hi and welcome to the DGB community. Sorry for this issues! Maybe i can help you out.
First some questions:
Did your Hardware proper worked at other coins and pools?
Which algo you mining?
Which pool you are on?
How big is your hashingpower and how big is the hashingpower from pool?

especially with the extended outage of the digibyte website. => we are working on it, doing translation and improving!
Jump to: