Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 936. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
There's a minor issue with the Android wallet: if you click on your address and then 'open in browser' you are seeing a page full of ads (explorer.cryptopoolmining.com).
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Why does price drops after i buy in Sad

Makes me wanne buy even more dgb.

Atleast its only a percent or two.. Digibyte is something I now buy everytime I find some money laying around..Sometimes its up sometimes its down in the end the goal is for me too have more digibyte! Smiley

I know the feeling , only started investing recently and lost some money on other coins.
DGB is my by far my main coin now.

BUT i already invested more then i was planning to  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Atleast its only a percent or two.. Digibyte is something I now buy everytime I find some money laying around..Sometimes its up sometimes its down in the end the goal is for me too have more digibyte! Smiley
Activity: 245
Does anyone have any feedback on the DigiByte iOS wallet installed on an iPhone 6+, Good or bad? We are looking to see what the usage is like.

I like the iOS wallet.  I've had it on the phone since Feb..  Overall, it is a good mobile wallet.  Although, currently, I don't have much use for a mobile wallet.  But, it's really nice to have the possibility of mobile access to my wallet.  And, I have a couple of ideas about how I want to use it to manage my DGB in the coming months. 

What other kinds of feedback are you looking for?  I'd be happy to provide additional feedback.
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Does anyone have any feedback on the DigiByte iOS wallet installed on an iPhone 6+, Good or bad? We are looking to see what the usage is like.

Saturday on a Birthday of a friend of my i have been talking about Digibyte.  (offcourse)
He installed the wallet on his iphone 6 and everything worked smooth.Sending and receiving in seconds Cheesy
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC

btc rise,altcoins may drops
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
about getting Digibyte onto a chinese exchange, since bter is not a good idea, how about OKcoin? it is mentioned in this article that it is the largest bitcoin company in china, with a team of 140. Also, i have been hearing a lot of good news about Okcoin for the past few months. if its still too early for that huge jump, i guess btc38?

Article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19659/okcoin-expand-consumer-merchant-products/
We have had direct communication with them on a few occasions. They have stated they are open to the idea in the future. But not at this point in time. We thought it best  to re visit the issue in a few months. But if we keep giving them a constant reason to add us it should happen sooner rather than later.
legendary
Activity: 351

Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
about getting Digibyte onto a chinese exchange, since bter is not a good idea, how about OKcoin? it is mentioned in this article that it is the largest bitcoin company in china, with a team of 140. Also, i have been hearing a lot of good news about Okcoin for the past few months. if its still too early for that huge jump, i guess btc38?

Article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19659/okcoin-expand-consumer-merchant-products/
legendary
We wanted to give everyone an update on the tipbot. We are in the process of making several upgrades to the back end and it will be offline for a few hours.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
So guys, lets say hypothetically I want to move nearly 8M DGB from the exchange that they are currently on and lets say that when I attempt this, it fails because the transaction is too large. In fact it turns out that even a transaction as low as 100K DGB is too large but I did manage to pull a small amount close to 33K DGB off. I'm starting to feel a bit boxed in, 100K too big 24.9K too small?

The exchange support report the reason for this is that;
"The issues with the DGB are due to wallet fragmentation on it. There are too many small inputs in the wallet currently and it simply cannot combine them into a single transaction with 512kb in size. You can try smaller amounts - 100-200K usually go through without a hickup. We have no intention of holding your coins in any way - this issue is common to all the ctrypto currencies, as there is a working mechanism to make smaller inputs out of larger ones, but no working mechanism to reverse the process. We apologize for any inconveniences. "

Surely you don't expect me to make a few hundred 2FA transactions to retrieve my funds I ask.

not at all they say, this is what they said;

"Your best bet would be to sell the DGBs off for other currency, such as BTC for example and withdraw them - that is if you need the coins right away. Other option is to try once in a while. There is a very small turnover in the DGB wallet, which causes it to be fragmented. But when someone makes a big deposit - that usually solves the problem. Really this is an issue with all the coins in essence - it just does not happen much on the more popular ones because transactions go in and out all the time and keep the inputs refreshed."

What do you think about this guys?

Had the chance to research this further, and, more importantly, to do some testing.

Re: What Does "Transaction Too Large" Mean?

Yeah, Their support sorted this for me, so I have since removed the whole amount in a single transaction. It took them a little time but then it would I guess.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
So guys, lets say hypothetically I want to move nearly 8M DGB from the exchange that they are currently on and lets say that when I attempt this, it fails because the transaction is too large. In fact it turns out that even a transaction as low as 100K DGB is too large but I did manage to pull a small amount close to 33K DGB off. I'm starting to feel a bit boxed in, 100K too big 24.9K too small?

The exchange support report the reason for this is that;
"The issues with the DGB are due to wallet fragmentation on it. There are too many small inputs in the wallet currently and it simply cannot combine them into a single transaction with 512kb in size. You can try smaller amounts - 100-200K usually go through without a hickup. We have no intention of holding your coins in any way - this issue is common to all the ctrypto currencies, as there is a working mechanism to make smaller inputs out of larger ones, but no working mechanism to reverse the process. We apologize for any inconveniences. "

Surely you don't expect me to make a few hundred 2FA transactions to retrieve my funds I ask.

not at all they say, this is what they said;

"Your best bet would be to sell the DGBs off for other currency, such as BTC for example and withdraw them - that is if you need the coins right away. Other option is to try once in a while. There is a very small turnover in the DGB wallet, which causes it to be fragmented. But when someone makes a big deposit - that usually solves the problem. Really this is an issue with all the coins in essence - it just does not happen much on the more popular ones because transactions go in and out all the time and keep the inputs refreshed."

What do you think about this guys?

Had the chance to research this further, and, more importantly, to do some testing.

Re: What Does "Transaction Too Large" Mean?
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Great coin you have here!, i am mostly a Guldencoin user an enthusiast but since i heard on our forums about the development and community behind this coin i decided to buy myself some Digibyte. I am also using the new miner from a few posts above, i haven't received any coins yet from the mining unfortunately. The only thing i am a bit confused about is which are CPU/GPU algo's, i think it is better to put something like Skein(CPU)..., it makes it easier for the new user to understand which Algorithm to use. I know that you can mine with every algo on a laptop, but if somebody starts mining SHA-256 on an laptop it will take ages to get some coins instead of using one of the CPU algo's.

Welcome buddy! Good to see you over here!

I am liking the cross community between Digibyte and Guldencoin. Both the best coins for future potential. No doubt in my mind!
I agree. As you all know the Guldencoin devs are very busy working on the multi-algo change, but there is still something that is not clear to me concering multi-algo, but i do not want to disturb the NLG devs with it so i will ask it here. Everybody knows that cryptocurrency development is accelerating at an high pace and that new mining algorithms pop-up quite often, how will Digibyte keep up with the new mining algos that will be released in the future?. From what i have heard the multi-algo change is not easy at all, so is there a way to easilly automate incorporation of new mining algorithms into the coin? without needing hardforks?. There will come a time where making Asic-miners for "current" CPU-only algorithms will become a reality, how will Digibyte adopt to such a thing?, maybe in a few years 10K+ users will mine Digi on their PC, when asics come alive all those people will not mine anything anymore. If there were a way to "link" new mining algorithms to the blockchain it would make things much easier. Not to even mention that if Digi and-or NLG will become very popular and widely used alongside Bitcoin the development will become much more conservative to prevent deadly problems, acting as a brake to new Algorithm development since it cannot be implemented easily.
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
I have just designed a simple DigiByte book cover:

legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

Great coin you have here!, i am mostly a Guldencoin user an enthusiast but since i heard on our forums about the development and community behind this coin i decided to buy myself some Digibyte. I am also using the new miner from a few posts above, i haven't received any coins yet from the mining unfortunately. The only thing i am a bit confused about is which are CPU/GPU algo's, i think it is better to put something like Skein(CPU)..., it makes it easier for the new user to understand which Algorithm to use. I know that you can mine with every algo on a laptop, but if somebody starts mining SHA-256 on an laptop it will take ages to get some coins instead of using one of the CPU algo's.

Welcome buddy! Good to see you over here!

I am liking the cross community between Digibyte and Guldencoin. Both the best coins for future potential. No doubt in my mind!
Activity: 672
I just tried Digihash 2 miner.
I am a bit disappointed.

Let's start with a minor thing: it reads v2 but on start, version number is 1.0.1.25068. Confusing. I had to reinstall... but apparently this is correct. Maybe that was just me.

I run using the "default" settings on a Radeon 7750 with driver 14.12 Omega. I'm not quite sure who figured out those settings to target which users.

For groestl, it uses -I 17 -g 2 -w 264 on my system. Worksize 264 (256+8) is sure a sub-optimal setting for my hardware (it should be a multiple of 64). Produces a lot, a lot of output. I had difficulties figuring out what was going on.

With qubit the settings are way more sensible (-I 16 -g 2 -w 256) but it makes my system fairly sluggish but can do.

Skein goes very wrong. Leaving aside it loads both my CPU (one core) and GPU and it goes with the w 264 nonsense, the main problem is it makes my system basically unusable. When I say "unusable" I don't mean it's hard to watch an HD video on youtube. I mean it's hardly possible to edit a text file in notepad. It could be a driver issue but just to be clear, I'm not going to mine Skein ever again.

The skein miner does a thing right however: the amount of output is sensible.

Is there a "how much performance do you want to use" slider?

The "wants higher performance possible" idea is a "core miner" mindset thing. Casual users will most likely want to mine while using their computers. You should really ask them how much power they need for their job and try to not interfere with their objectives.

Last note: Groestl and Skein use an animated icon when mining. I find it very distracting. Please reconsider this choice.
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Happy to announce that I have reached page 456 of this thread (30th April) for the research of the DigiByte Book.  
Reading this thread in its entirety is quite daunting, I must admit that I am looking forward to reading your book. How many pages do you think it will have?  Grin

Number of pages of the book is estimated to be between 100 and 150.  Yes, the beginning of the thread took a long time to read.  January 2014 had 219 pages alone.  
Jump to: