Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 937. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Happy to announce that I have reached page 456 of this thread (30th April) for the research of the DigiByte Book.  
Reading this thread in its entirety is quite daunting, I must admit that I am looking forward to reading your book. How many pages do you think it will have?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Happy to announce that I have reached page 456 of this thread (30th April) for the research of the DigiByte Book.  
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Great coin you have here!, i am mostly a Guldencoin user an enthusiast but since i heard on our forums about the development and community behind this coin i decided to buy myself some Digibyte. I am also using the new miner from a few posts above, i haven't received any coins yet from the mining unfortunately. The only thing i am a bit confused about is which are CPU/GPU algo's, i think it is better to put something like Skein(CPU)..., it makes it easier for the new user to understand which Algorithm to use. I know that you can mine with every algo on a laptop, but if somebody starts mining SHA-256 on an laptop it will take ages to get some coins instead of using one of the CPU algo's.

Welcome buddy! Good to see you over here!
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
excited to see how digibyte would look after 3-4 years

If you buy and hold, there's a good chance you will be a very wealthy person. If not, give it a couple more years when the block rewards drop even more.

hope youre right. but i dont see this going to 1 usd ea. it would have 21b market cap if that happens

Why not?  I think it's still far too early in the adoption of digital currencies to guess about where they will or won't be in 5 or 10 years.  But, it's entirely possible that DGB could reach $1 per coin.  It helps to put things into perspective, I live in the State of California.  Last year, the GDP for California was nearly 3 trillion USD.  If all the 21 billion DGB existed today, (which they don't), and if the value of DGB climbed to $1 per coin, the market cap for DGB would still only be 0.7% of the GDP of California.

If you add up all the current market caps of all digital currencies you'll get something near $4 billion.  Last year, there was also something like $600 million in woldwide venture capital invested in BTC and other digital currencies.  So, let's just round up to another billion, and add that to the total current market caps.  That means that there is probably somewhere around $5 billion USD invested - total - in all digital currencies and companies.  Even if you add a couple of extra billion for miscellaneous costs and investments that are not accounted for in market caps and venture capital, we can still pretty easily estimate that the total money in digital currencies today is less than $10 billion.  So, just to put that number in perspective ... all the combined money in digital currencies is around 0.3% of the GDP of just California last year.  Apple Computers made about almost $15.9 billion dollars between October to December last year (3 times all the money in digital currency).  Goldman Sachs earned about $2 billion in the fourth quarter 2014 (so in 3 months that single investment firm made 50% as much money as all the money in digital currencies).

There's no reason to go on and on with examples.  The plain and simple truth is that digital currencies are still in the very preliminary stages of adoption and, at present, they are incidental to overall economic activity.  DGB has enormous room for growth, it is part of a great new technology.

Just to add a few more numbers: last I looked, the USD M2 money supply was around 11 trillion dollars. The Euro Zone easily matches that amount. All in all, the developed world's USD equivalent money supply is somewhere in the range of 55-60 trillion USD.

21 billion is peanuts.

Oh, and then there's the inflation thing with those fiat currencies suffer from, and with one of the original reasons for investing in a cryptographically secure digital currency being the very fact that it's a hedge against that inflation, DGB could easily go to $2.00 someday, or even $5.00, or $10.00, all depending on just how much the good old greenback, et al., are debased in the coming years.

210 billion would still be peanuts.

Hey everyone, don't lose sight of the forest for the trees!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_supply
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FM.LBL.MQMY.CN
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Great coin you have here!, i am mostly a Guldencoin user an enthusiast but since i heard on our forums about the development and community behind this coin i decided to buy myself some Digibyte. I am also using the new miner from a few posts above, i haven't received any coins yet from the mining unfortunately. The only thing i am a bit confused about is which are CPU/GPU algo's, i think it is better to put something like Skein(CPU)..., it makes it easier for the new user to understand which Algorithm to use. I know that you can mine with every algo on a laptop, but if somebody starts mining SHA-256 on an laptop it will take ages to get some coins instead of using one of the CPU algo's.

Activity: 518
ok thanks! is there a way to sync my wallet faster? i am 1 year 9 weeks behind.

Yes there is. There should be a torrent file somewhere in this topic. I cant seem to find it atm though since im browsing on my phone.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250

If you buy and hold, there's a good chance you will be a very wealthy person. If not, give it a couple more years when the block rewards drop even more.

hope youre right. but i dont see this going to 1 usd ea. it would have 21b market cap if that happens

Why not?  I think it's still far too early in the adoption of digital currencies to guess about where they will or won't be in 5 or 10 years.  But, it's entirely possible that DGB could reach $1 per coin.  It helps to put things into perspective, I live in the State of California.  Last year, the GDP for California was nearly 3 trillion USD.  If all the 21 billion DGB existed today, (which they don't), and if the value of DGB climbed to $1 per coin, the market cap for DGB would still only be 0.7% of the GDP of California.

If you add up all the current market caps of all digital currencies you'll get something near $4 billion.  Last year, there was also something like $600 million in woldwide venture capital invested in BTC and other digital currencies.  So, let's just round up to another billion, and add that to the total current market caps.  That means that there is probably somewhere around $5 billion USD invested - total - in all digital currencies and companies.  Even if you add a couple of extra billion for miscellaneous costs and investments that are not accounted for in market caps and venture capital, we can still pretty easily estimate that the total money in digital currencies today is less than $10 billion.  So, just to put that number in perspective ... all the combined money in digital currencies is around 0.3% of the GDP of just California last year.  Apple Computers made about almost $15.9 billion dollars between October to December last year (3 times all the money in digital currency).  Goldman Sachs earned about $2 billion in the fourth quarter 2014 (so in 3 months that single investment firm made 50% as much money as all the money in digital currencies).

There's no reason to go on and on with examples.  The plain and simple truth is that digital currencies are still in the very preliminary stages of adoption and, at present, they are incidental to overall economic activity.  DGB has enormous room for growth, it is part of a great new technology.
Activity: 351
how does DigiHash Easy Miner★★ v2.0 work ?
i added a local DGB adres on my pc and i let it run to try it for 4 hours

(i never mined any coins before )
I understand that it won't be much that im mining but i don't see any coins anywhere ?
im sure i must have mined at least 1 coin during these hours ^^
You cannot see the generated coins on the miner. If you're mining on digihash.co they'll get into your wallet. If your wallet has no coins
  • Check out the configuration!
  • Your hashrate could be so low you cannot even make it or, more likely
  • Your GPU drivers might be messing up the whole process!

I haven't tried 2.0 yet but the previous version didn't mine by default. Did you hit the "play" ► button?

What algo are you mining and on what hardware?

i used my pc , its a few years old but i can still play every game out there.
i think i used Scrypt algorithm
with NVIDEA GeForce GTX 670

at 18.14 i got 1.2746447 DGB.

i know i cant expect many coins but it expected at least more then this ...
is my pc really that bad
Activity: 245

Great work we can use this online Wink

Thanks..

Of course.  I made them as a foundation.  Anyone can feel free to use them.  Or, if you want to adapt them, change them, etc., etc..
Activity: 672
how does DigiHash Easy Miner★★ v2.0 work ?
i added a local DGB adres on my pc and i let it run to try it for 4 hours

(i never mined any coins before )
I understand that it won't be much that im mining but i don't see any coins anywhere ?
im sure i must have mined at least 1 coin during these hours ^^
You cannot see the generated coins on the miner. If you're mining on digihash.co they'll get into your wallet. If your wallet has no coins
  • Check out the configuration!
  • Your hashrate could be so low you cannot even make it or, more likely
  • Your GPU drivers might be messing up the whole process!

I haven't tried 2.0 yet but the previous version didn't mine by default. Did you hit the "play" ► button?

What algo are you mining and on what hardware?
Activity: 750
The block reward change from 8,000 to 7,960 (0.5%) reduction happened on the 21st of February 2014 at block 57,200.  I thought it happened at block number 67,200.  Is there something wrong with the block explorer at http://digiexplorer.info/ Huh
DigiExplorer was optimized for the code base after multialgo. Now that you bring this up it would make sense for it to potentially return the incorrect reward prior to multiaglo (block 145k). We will look more into this issue.

For now run the commands from the qt wallet to get the absolute information. But yes, the reward changed at block 67200 to 7960. Not 57200.

OK thank you

Should be fixed this with the following code for bitcore.

Code:
var nDiffChangeTarget = 67200;
var patchBlockRewardDuration = 10080;
var patchBlockRewardDuration2 = 80160
var alwaysUpdateDiffChangeTarget = 400000;
var nSubsidy = 1 * util.COIN;

Block.GetDGBSubsidy = function GetDGBSubsidy(height) {
var qSubsidy;
if (height < 400000) {
        qSubsidy = 8000 * util.COIN;
        var blocks = height - nDiffChangeTarget;
        var weeks = (blocks / patchBlockRewardDuration)
        for (var i = 0; i < weeks; i++){
                qSubsidy -= (qSubsidy/200) };
                } else {
                qSubsidy = 2484 * util.COIN;
                var blocks = height - alwaysUpdateDiffChangeTarget;
                var weeks = (blocks / patchBlockRewardDuration2)+1;
                for (var i = 0; i < weeks; i++) {
                        qSubsidy -= (qSubsidy/100)
                                }
                }
                return qSubsidy;
        };

Block.getBlockValue = function getBlockValue(height) {
  /* Digibyte Rewards for Javascript */
if (height < nDiffChangeTarget) {
        nSubsidy = 8000 * util.COIN;

if(height < 1440)
                {
                        nSubsidy = 72000 * util.COIN;
                }
                else if(height < 5760)
                {
                nSubsidy = 16000 * util.COIN;
            }
                } else {
                nSubsidy = Block.GetDGBSubsidy(height);
                }

if(nSubsidy < 1 * util.COIN){
                nSubsidy = 1 * util.COIN;
                }
                return nSubsidy;
};

https://github.com/digibyte/bitcore/commit/402a73b5572e953010080ed5c1a9dd81c7815b3c

Cheers.
legendary
Once the book titled "DIGIBYTE "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" A FIRST YEAR HISTORY" has been completed, I feel it will be a great introduction for newbies in the future.  They will be able to read about all the events, discussions and changes which have occurred.  In addition, it will be a great historical collectible as well as promotional material going forward.  

Great work!  Thinking about buying 5 books, 1 to keep for myself and 4 to give away

Any suggestions for what you would like to see in the book?

Not exactly right.. Because with 21b marketcap you need 21b coins....21 years from now,Not 3-4 years
Activity: 308

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

Once the book titled "DIGIBYTE "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" A FIRST YEAR HISTORY" has been completed, I feel it will be a great introduction for newbies in the future.  They will be able to read about all the events, discussions and changes which have occurred.  In addition, it will be a great historical collectible as well as promotional material going forward.  

Great work!  Thinking about buying 5 books, 1 to keep for myself and 4 to give away
legendary
No just leave it, it will catch up on its own.  Wink

ok thanks for the help!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
No just leave it, it will catch up on its own.  Wink
Jump to: