Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 955. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
What is DigiHash Easy Miner?

DigiHash Easy Miner is software designed to make mining DigiByte on Windows with a CPU & GPU as simple as:

1) Download

2) Install digihash.exe
3) Enter DGB address from wallet & start mining on DigiHash.co

Works with AMD & NVIDIA cards & CPU's

Our goal is to begin bringing in many new users through some of the marketing campaigns we are planning with this software. We want to make DigiByte mining as simple and as easy to do as possible for a beginner.
I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 3647 computer with the Intel i5 chip. Intel HD Graphics is built into the system. Does DigiHash Easy Miner work with Intel HD Graphics?

I wouldn't recommend it, since it's a build-in GPU (your CPU handles it). It's not designed for intensive usage.
Ok ... thanks. Too bad DGB isn't PoS. Then again, perhaps it's a good thing that it's not.
Activity: 157

DigiHash Easy Miner is software designed to make mining DigiByte on Windows with a CPU & GPU as simple as:

1) Download

2) Install digihash.exe

Our goal is to begin bringing in many new users through some of the marketing campaigns we are planning with this software. We want to make DigiByte mining as simple and as easy to do as possible for a beginner.
I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 3647 computer with the Intel i5 chip. Intel HD Graphics is built into the system. Does DigiHash Easy Miner work with Intel HD Graphics?

I wouldn't recommend it, since it's a build-in GPU (your CPU handles it). It's not designed for intensive usage.
Activity: 196

1) Download

2) Install digihash.exe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
"Secretive Bitcoin Startup 21 Reveals Record Funds, Hints at Mass Consumer Play"
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/03/10/secretive-bitcoin-startup-21-reveals-record-funds-hints-at-mass-consumer-play/

Ill say exactly what I said on twitter.... Pretty solid group of individuals investing in the #21inc #bitcoin startup.. Big things heading bitcoins way #hereforthelonghaul
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Bitcoin auction has just been distributed to winners.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ykjsb/auction_coins_have_been_distributed/

I guess after all, we may not see a quick dump, http://www.coindesk.com/markets-weekly-price-maintains-support-on-strong-volume-growth/
It may hold for sometime... Lets see what will happen Tongue

Quotation: Hayes summed it up: "BIT will have a negligible effect on liquidity and a proper ETF will have a massive impact."

Some interesting expressions here about XBT: http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/03/04/the-future-of-bitcoin-the-readers-weigh-in-at-a-glance/
Activity: 658

A paper wallet is easy to create yourself.

Creating a Paper Wallet by Exporting Private Keys

Marvelous! Thank you. I will probably hold a few DigiBytes in my online wallet to trade with, but most will go to a paper wallet for longterm.

It should be possible to generate an address when you ain't online, right? Because you don't really CREATE the wallet, but just a combination of public/privatekey. So it should be possible to do this in an Ubuntu Live environment as well. I'm going to test this.

You guys should do the same, instead of leaving it on exchanges and such.

Just make sure you use HIGH quality paper; because a single drop of foreign particular/liquid can destroy whole set of coin on that paper. You should also make sure that the paper is not exposed to high or cold temperature for ink to spoil it.

Be very careful/ It's not that easy as it sounds to convert your digital coins on paper.

I'll handle it with the same care as my BTC paper wallet. Print it twice and put it in safe locations. Don't worry about that Smiley

I use a laser printer and laminate my wallets and throw them in two binders... One at my place one in a safety box elsewhere  just over 1+ year they are all still looking brand new Smiley

Will be adding dgb into that collection today
Activity: 672
I gave a go to digihash easy miner a few days ago. It did use sgminer 4, which does not work anymore.
Today, I see it has been updated to sgminer 5.1. Good.

Now, leaving aside that it crashes if I click the setting button before initial connection to server is completed...

This is what happens with grøstl
Code:
DigiHash Version 1.0.0.26149
Retrieving data from server..........done
Initialize....
Reading Preference.dat..........done
Getting CPU info..........done
Getting GPU info..........done
Analyzing hardware from server..........done
Miner: sgminer, Version: 5.1.0
Starting Mining

Arguments:
[16:13:46] Default Devices = all
[16:13:46] set_devices(all)

Redirection is not supported.
Stop..........done

Here we go with Qubit:
Code:
Initialize....
Miner: sgminer, Version: 5.1.0
Starting Mining

Arguments:
[16:15:06] Default Devices = all
[16:15:06] set_devices(all)

Stop..........done

And skein.
Code:
Initialize....
Miner: cgminer-skein, Version: 3.7.2
Saving preference..........done
Starting Mining

Arguments:

Stop..........done

I blame ncurses but by the way...

I am investigating OpenCL compatibility issues across drivers and hardware. I wrote a program (oclcckvck) to evaluate kernel validity. It hashes known block headers and compares results, allowing to check mismatches by leaving the pool settings out of the equation. I think you might be interested. Please try (it just takes double click). If something goes wrong it will dump to disk some troubleshotting information; try to get them to me (I suggest pastebin with 1-week expire or PM).

Of course the final goal of OCLCCKVCK is to produce bug fixes to be integrated in next M8M release, which ultimately is meant to be a easygoing, minimal impact miner for people who use their computers to work. So  it's all about making mining more accessible and less invasive so more people can get into it.
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Marvelous! Thank you. I will probably hold a few DigiBytes in my online wallet to trade with, but most will go to a paper wallet for longterm.

It should be possible to generate an address when you ain't online, right? Because you don't really CREATE the wallet, but just a combination of public/privatekey. So it should be possible to do this in an Ubuntu Live environment as well. I'm going to test this.

Just make sure you use HIGH quality paper; because a single drop of foreign particular/liquid can destroy whole set of coin on that paper. You should also make sure that the paper is not exposed to high or cold temperature for ink to spoil it.

Be very careful/ It's not that easy as it sounds to convert your digital coins on paper.

I'll handle it with the same care as my BTC paper wallet. Print it twice and put it in safe locations. Don't worry about that Smiley
Activity: 514

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
I don't think that there was BTC stolen from the blockchain without some application that contained leaks. That's impossible.
Of course it's possible to generate millions of public/privatekey combinations and check them all for balance with some script, but yeah...

What's your vision on this, Jared?
Activity: 159
Did anyone in here test that paperwallet generator? Because I really need my DigiBytes to be safe. Not on my pc, not on some exchanges, just on the blockchain.

I'm always afraid that there's some backdoor in those generators. Of course I could generate it offline (which i did with my BTC wallet), but still. I'm going to test it myself when I have the time,  I need to know that it's 100% safe, before I put all my DGB's in it.

I haven't tested it fully the way you're asking - and that probably won't happen for at least a week or so - I will report back (and hopefully so will others).  I did pull the code from the github site, and I looked it over.  I'm not a super-fancy-special-expert so everything looked fine to me (no obvious security problems that I could see).  I'd welcome any second - or third - opinions about that from anyone.  I know it's a fork of the successful ltcaddress and btcaddress generator code - so it has the same strengths and weaknesses. I've also corresponded with the developer a bit.

Nothing is 100% safe.  I actually think that paper wallets are fun as novelty items more than they are secure as storage.   The digibyte-qt wallet - with a strong encrypted passphrase and multiple backups (onsite and off), is probably just as secure in my opinion.

I don't agree with you about safety. If you generate the keys in an offline environment (bootable Linux CD/USB) it's 100% safe.
I'm always afraid that the PC where I have my wallet on is infected with something. Not that it's very likely, but you never know.

What's your opinion about that? Or am I overreacting  Smiley

I'll test the generator this week too + will check the code.

Nothing can be 100% sure... nothing. Just remember that BTC or any other alt-currency can be stolen directly from the blockchain. This happened in the past... and this can be the case in the future too if another security problem is found by somebody.
Did anyone in here test that paperwallet generator? Because I really need my DigiBytes to be safe. Not on my pc, not on some exchanges, just on the blockchain.

I'm always afraid that there's some backdoor in those generators. Of course I could generate it offline (which i did with my BTC wallet), but still. I'm going to test it myself when I have the time,  I need to know that it's 100% safe, before I put all my DGB's in it.

I haven't tested it fully the way you're asking - and that probably won't happen for at least a week or so - I will report back (and hopefully so will others).  I did pull the code from the github site, and I looked it over.  I'm not a super-fancy-special-expert so everything looked fine to me (no obvious security problems that I could see).  I'd welcome any second - or third - opinions about that from anyone.  I know it's a fork of the successful ltcaddress and btcaddress generator code - so it has the same strengths and weaknesses. I've also corresponded with the developer a bit.

Nothing is 100% safe.  I actually think that paper wallets are fun as novelty items more than they are secure as storage.   The digibyte-qt wallet - with a strong encrypted passphrase and multiple backups (onsite and off), is probably just as secure in my opinion.

I don't agree with you about safety. If you generate the keys in an offline environment (bootable Linux CD/USB) it's 100% safe.
I'm always afraid that the PC where I have my wallet on is infected with something. Not that it's very likely, but you never know.

What's your opinion about that? Or am I overreacting  Smiley

I'll test the generator this week too + will check the code.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250

Jump to: