Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 966. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
After all, Bitcoin, BTC is going to be replaced by XBT.

What is for DigiByte (hopefully in the bright future) --> XDGB, XDB, XDIG ? or Is it necessary at all ?

[20 FEB 2015]
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19341/cnn-money-adds-bitcoin-ticker-xbt/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217

The "X" is required to be traded on commodities and futures exchanges. Not necessary until the market wants to speculate with big bucks in DGB.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
After all, Bitcoin, BTC is going to be replaced by XBT.

What is for DigiByte (hopefully in the bright future) --> XDGB, XDB, XDIG ? or Is it necessary at all ?

[20 FEB 2015]
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/19341/cnn-money-adds-bitcoin-ticker-xbt/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
@Halinyo, your signature text sounds so incredibly cheesy...

That is the aim, taking attention. Seems like it worked out, made you angry, buy more DGB lol

Seriously, that was because a few people asked for permission to use it since I was the first, and I said please use, so publicly announced, nothing more than that buddy.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

There's no such thing as free money.  Work is valuable.  We always pay for opportunity.  I would strongly oppose introducing POS for DGB.  Unless you mean something like calculated on a year over year basis with a low (like 2%) stake reward.  I watched the video you suggested.  I was not surprised that the entire discussion was related to the how POS technology functions and not the economics of implementation.  Frequently, digital currency developers understand writing code and developing tech; they focus on the technology and ignore the fact that they are essentially implementing monetary policy.  They're interested in could more than should.

As a technology POS works like mining the block chain (your wallet balance becomes your hash rate).  But, from an economic perspective, POS turns "investment in production" into "interest."  The effects of high interest rates (and thus POS) are straightforward.  High interest rates discourage investment and spending, they reward saving, decrease confidence (make risk less appealing), over long periods of time they reduce aggregate demand and raise taxes - and - most important - they put strong deflationary pressure (downward pressure) on the exchange price.  None of those effects would be good for DGB.

When I first heard about POS I though it sounded really great.  So, earlier this year I bought some coins in a POS alt-coin.  Today, I have a far bigger balance of coins - and that larger amount is worth about half as much as when I traded for them.  Nobody exchanges ... the exchange value averages down at relatively the same rate as the stake value.  I figure it will take another 12 months of monthly staking (exponential growth) for me to get back to even and sell.

So, based on the economics and my own experience, I would say that we should encourage use, exchange, and production, rather than saving of DGB.  As a thought experiment, it might be interesting to consider a separate company (using a POS sidechain) that acts like a bank - paying interest on deposits and loaning out, and trading, the deposits, to provide liquidity to the market.  However, the marketplace for alt-coins isn't sophisticated enough for that sort of system - at least not yet.

One of the best posts I've ever read on this site.

i plus one this as well
legendary
Activity: 980
Traveling in subspace

There's no such thing as free money.  Work is valuable.  We always pay for opportunity.  I would strongly oppose introducing POS for DGB.  Unless you mean something like calculated on a year over year basis with a low (like 2%) stake reward.  I watched the video you suggested.  I was not surprised that the entire discussion was related to the how POS technology functions and not the economics of implementation.  Frequently, digital currency developers understand writing code and developing tech; they focus on the technology and ignore the fact that they are essentially implementing monetary policy.  They're interested in could more than should.

As a technology POS works like mining the block chain (your wallet balance becomes your hash rate).  But, from an economic perspective, POS turns "investment in production" into "interest."  The effects of high interest rates (and thus POS) are straightforward.  High interest rates discourage investment and spending, they reward saving, decrease confidence (make risk less appealing), over long periods of time they reduce aggregate demand and raise taxes - and - most important - they put strong deflationary pressure (downward pressure) on the exchange price.  None of those effects would be good for DGB.

When I first heard about POS I though it sounded really great.  So, earlier this year I bought some coins in a POS alt-coin.  Today, I have a far bigger balance of coins - and that larger amount is worth about half as much as when I traded for them.  Nobody exchanges ... the exchange value averages down at relatively the same rate as the stake value.  I figure it will take another 12 months of monthly staking (exponential growth) for me to get back to even and sell.

So, based on the economics and my own experience, I would say that we should encourage use, exchange, and production, rather than saving of DGB.  As a thought experiment, it might be interesting to consider a separate company (using a POS sidechain) that acts like a bank - paying interest on deposits and loaning out, and trading, the deposits, to provide liquidity to the market.  However, the marketplace for alt-coins isn't sophisticated enough for that sort of system - at least not yet.

One of the best posts I've ever read on this site.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Agree 100% - especially the POS - was very surprised to learn that DGB did not have POS

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Maybe it's because it's not necessary and won't be for another decade . . .

There are a lot of other great POS coins out there though if that's what you're looking for.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Agree 100% - especially the POS - was very surprised to learn that DGB did not have POS

This is an interesting discussion by Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum) on POS (start vid at 27:30 mins for POS discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4

Activity: 254
How we easy get more volume?Buy stuff with DGB!
But hang on, there are not much stores out there! True; but just check this out.
Now you can also spend DGB to Microsoft and Dell. How?
Check this out!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2x5tcl/shapeshift_lens_great_way_to_buy_with_dgb/

Just use it! Very cool.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
You said there's a need of coins to creat the trade volume. The coin is released a year already, so gues a billion coin is already in wallets. And it's a big number. So while everyone is holding like i read in the  group there s no trading volume then no change. I know about trading enough, but i pointed myself that i'm no expert at the moment, but i know that without action there wont be anychanges. Look at Bitcoin and look at their charts when it's started. The price went up and stable cause of trading and money volume. Everyone was trading and that s why it appeared cause ppl got invovlved in it. Why the need of adding exchanges when only 2 of 7 are working and making volume? When noone trade then noone will know about digi, it's cost and volume. If we show it, trade it and etc. Then ppl notice it, exchanges notice it and start been involved in it. Otherwise it's like - i want an olimpyc gold medal but i wont work hard enough to achieve it. better watch the game on TV and think that you can do better, while you sit in the chair and you are not ivolved in it. For example-i'm new with Digi. My friend told me about it. Ok. I know the name and i know bitcoin on the other hand. I go on charts and see the ivolvement of ppl in it's trading and community and i will see that btc got a strong one and fixed and digi has a community but no trade at all while many ppl hold there coins. So i will see no need to invest cause i will go to the exchanges and see the volume, and it's very low, so my gues will be - i invest but will reseave nothing over time cause no strong volume is in Digi for a year already. So while the dev work hard on developing and upgrading, the community who have invested should trade and show others that's a lot of faith, money and work was put on the table, and after that more investors would be interested in developing Digi and we will move forward. But only words usually do nothing - only actions. That's why i'm calling to start trade and show the power of Digi and not hide coins in pockets talking about it's future while do nothing. It's fun to see in volume 15-1000 coins, while the normal one should always be more than 1 million, look at stellar with 3 billion coins and Doge coin - their volume is high - that's why they are on top of it with Cap over 1 million $.
The volume of DGB today is already greater than 5 other coins in the top 20 going by market capitalisation alone. This figure will increase with price not volume.
http://coinmarketcap.com/

They have a capitalisation olready over 1 million $. And we jump from 300 thousand to 600 with no progress. The more we hold, the less cap we have. The more we put in, the more we have and we go up stable.
legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

This is an interesting discussion by Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum) on POS (start vid at 27:30 mins for POS discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4

I don't understand the miners.
They sell digibyte for pay cost electricity.
But why they're mining ? Don't mine and you don't pay cost electric? (if you don't trust in this coin)
Leave this market who have a good future.
I'm a miner of DGB and I'm holding.

+1 this something i also don't understand?

If you mine to pay for electricity and pocket no pay, you shouldn't mine just for the sake of mining; either it be Gold, or Cryptos.

That's insanity, Albert Einstein will tell you that all day in different words...

I tell all miners that if they need to sell more than 75% of their take for mining expenses, they shouldn't mine at all.

That's like working for someone, it's defies the point of mining; miners must have a drive to "strike it rich"... it's the premise of Gold Mining.

Every miner has to have the drive of striking it rich but if you don't hold any coin, that will never happen.

However, it's everyone's right to mine and sell their take... it's also everyone's right to hold...

Most who get into mining have no idea of the real life mining industry and lack technical know-how.

I don't care, I'll keep buying lots of cheap coins with Bitcoin and mine as much as I can.

Let's not hide the fact that DGB needs more big holding miners so the smaller ones who sell their entire pay won't matter.

What DGB needs next fork is.... PoS??  Watch how many start holding XD

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
You said there's a need of coins to creat the trade volume. The coin is released a year already, so gues a billion coin is already in wallets. And it's a big number. So while everyone is holding like i read in the  group there s no trading volume then no change. I know about trading enough, but i pointed myself that i'm no expert at the moment, but i know that without action there wont be anychanges. Look at Bitcoin and look at their charts when it's started. The price went up and stable cause of trading and money volume. Everyone was trading and that s why it appeared cause ppl got invovlved in it. Why the need of adding exchanges when only 2 of 7 are working and making volume? When noone trade then noone will know about digi, it's cost and volume. If we show it, trade it and etc. Then ppl notice it, exchanges notice it and start been involved in it. Otherwise it's like - i want an olimpyc gold medal but i wont work hard enough to achieve it. better watch the game on TV and think that you can do better, while you sit in the chair and you are not ivolved in it. For example-i'm new with Digi. My friend told me about it. Ok. I know the name and i know bitcoin on the other hand. I go on charts and see the ivolvement of ppl in it's trading and community and i will see that btc got a strong one and fixed and digi has a community but no trade at all while many ppl hold there coins. So i will see no need to invest cause i will go to the exchanges and see the volume, and it's very low, so my gues will be - i invest but will reseave nothing over time cause no strong volume is in Digi for a year already. So while the dev work hard on developing and upgrading, the community who have invested should trade and show others that's a lot of faith, money and work was put on the table, and after that more investors would be interested in developing Digi and we will move forward. But only words usually do nothing - only actions. That's why i'm calling to start trade and show the power of Digi and not hide coins in pockets talking about it's future while do nothing. It's fun to see in volume 15-1000 coins, while the normal one should always be more than 1 million, look at stellar with 3 billion coins and Doge coin - their volume is high - that's why they are on top of it with Cap over 1 million $.
The volume of DGB today is already greater than 5 other coins in the top 20 going by market capitalisation alone. This figure will increase with price not volume.
http://coinmarketcap.com/
legendary
Activity: 1904
2 questions:

- Any testnet nodes?
- Any testnet nodes?

legendary
Allot of mining hardware thats on the market right now is quit new and expensive.
I believe a big group of the miners want there investment back before they start holding the coins.

Hell will freeze over before a lot of them get anywhere near making their investment back, I'm afraid far too many things went wrong and frightened the general public away. There are signs of things picking up again slowly but too slowly for most miners.
Allot of mining hardware thats on the market right now is quit new and expensive.
I believe a big group of the miners want there investment back before they start holding the coins.

I agree.  If a person puts up $1,000 or $3,000 or $5,000 for equipment, and then incurs a hundred dollars a month (or more) for electricity to turn it on, there's a strong motivation to mine the most profitable coin and sell.  Years ago mining was hugely profitable (mostly people mining BTC before it took off in 2013).  Even from late 2013 to early 2014, mining script in LTC and DOGE was easy profits.  Over the past year, the mining market has changed, and I think we've entered a new paradigm.  It's closer to investing in bonds, with a 3% return over 9-12 months. 
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Hi everyone. Was reading this topic for a while now and decided to register and enter the discussion. Someone above was saying that hi don't understand why the price is so low, and why someone is selling their coins at a low price while the digi cost most be around 300 sat. And some other ppl said that they have millions of coins and they are holding them cause of waiting for that price. So i just now want to make my point. The price will be so low always cause of one BIG thing-there is no trade volume!!!!! I mean there is sure, but it's so much low that it can't make a big change in price. So ppl who ask and talk on this topics - don't hold your coins! Trade them, buy them and again and again. Doing this way we can make it's real price, make a good trade volume (look and cryptsy and bittrex - it's bad for the moment) and with news we will stay on hard ground and wont make such jumps up and down. Look and coinmarketcap - what are trade volume is and what capitalisation we have. When Digi will be in top 20 with more then 1 million cap and a stable trade volume we can say that we ve made a step forward, while now the coin and price live his own life cause many ppl are just watching and not doing things they want for the price and vallue they are looking for while they have the amount of coins wich can makle that difference. I have now around 1 mil and i'm trading it everyday to try to make the price and value a lil more higher but alone with not so many coins its a lil bit useless. So start trade at least with some amount of your coins to make something. I'm not a specialist so don't judge me and thx for reading the post. Cheers.

Hi Scrachit.  Welcome to the conversation.  Liquidity near the market is important to stabilizing the price over time.  I think, compared to many alt-coins, that DGB has a strong average volume.  I personally believe the volume will increase over the coming months.  But, the increase in volume needs to be because of natural supply and demand, not just artificially created by people who hold positions.
legendary
Hi everyone. Was reading this topic for a while now and decided to register and enter the discussion. Someone above was saying that hi don't understand why the price is so low, and why someone is selling their coins at a low price while the digi cost most be around 300 sat. And some other ppl said that they have millions of coins and they are holding them cause of waiting for that price. So i just now want to make my point. The price will be so low always cause of one BIG thing-there is no trade volume!!!!! I mean there is sure, but it's so much low that it can't make a big change in price. So ppl who ask and talk on this topics - don't hold your coins! Trade them, buy them and again and again. Doing this way we can make it's real price, make a good trade volume (look and cryptsy and bittrex - it's bad for the moment) and with news we will stay on hard ground and wont make such jumps up and down. Look and coinmarketcap - what are trade volume is and what capitalisation we have. When Digi will be in top 20 with more then 1 million cap and a stable trade volume we can say that we ve made a step forward, while now the coin and price live his own life cause many ppl are just watching and not doing things they want for the price and vallue they are looking for while they have the amount of coins wich can makle that difference. I have now around 1 mil and i'm trading it everyday to try to make the price and value a lil more higher but alone with not so many coins its a lil bit useless. So start trade at least with some amount of your coins to make something. I'm not a specialist so don't judge me and thx for reading the post. Cheers.
Hi Scrachit and welcome, I think you may get eaten alive on the markets trading if you don't know what you are doing. It's all about knowing when to buy and sell. The market at the moment simply isn't big enough but there are plenty of sharks.
I don't understand the miners.
They sell digibyte for pay cost electricity.
But why they're mining ? Don't mine and you don't pay cost electric? (if you don't trust in this coin)
Leave this market who have a good future.
I'm a miner of DGB and I'm holding.

+1 this something i also don't understand?

The economic answer is normal backwardation.  If people believe that their mining returns will diminish over time, they lock in profits today - offsetting risk by selling to people who believe the future price will be higher.  (I understand that normal backwardation is usually applied only to futures markets, but I think it appropriately describes the conditions of mining for many people).  I think it probably depends mostly on how they mine, and their up-front costs (both for equipment and electricity).  As I've said before, I don't sell any of the coins I mine, but I can understand why some people do ...
Jump to: