Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 961. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
No a lil PR is not that hard to acheive. For example contact crypto sites with an exmpanation of our coin, give them a lil story about it so they could make an article and it would be enough. In my opinion when they ve recieved 250 k $ i would put at least 50-80 in the marketing already cause it would be more easy to find investors and a crowd of ppl in the same time

First of all DGB Should at least be profitable to mine as a start , then people would be interested and then the word will start rolling

It is on Qubit, isn't it?
Nope not profitable on Qubit, electricity cost is greater than the value of Digibyte you get (at least with a graphic card, no idea with CPU).

Nvidia GPUs, I mean.

It's barely profitable for me on AMD with a power price of $0.11 per kWh, for Nvidia, it must be pretty good.

Profitable for me (or ... better stated it would be ... I don't sell any) - running scrypt asic.

But, I'd also point out that mining DGB is a very different experience from any other mining I've done.  I think it's digishield that adjusts the difficulty ... Watch the difficulty level over the course of a day or two, or over a week or two ... the difficulty can vary tremendously - like it will go up, or down, by 100% even in a single day.  As a result - mining rewards vary tremendously from day to day -  I think this is good.  It encourages people to stick with only mining DGB.  When miners in multipools think it's profitable they all jump in ... but they're going to sell immediately ... and the difficulty shoots up for a day or so ... they get far fewer coins to sell.  Then, when they think it's not profitable, those of us who stick with DGB, and support it with mining, get to reap the greater rewards of lower difficulty.  On any given day - it's more or less profitable ... but averaged out over the course of a month, it's clearly profitable ... Although not exactly correlated ... the difficulty (over the past couple of months) has sort of followed the trade price ... it's gone through the roof when the price goes up (because those multipools autoswitch workers).  And, it's dropped when the price has been declining (for the same reason).
Activity: 335
No a lil PR is not that hard to acheive. For example contact crypto sites with an exmpanation of our coin, give them a lil story about it so they could make an article and it would be enough. In my opinion when they ve recieved 250 k $ i would put at least 50-80 in the marketing already cause it would be more easy to find investors and a crowd of ppl in the same time

First of all DGB Should at least be profitable to mine as a start , then people would be interested and then the word will start rolling

It is on Qubit, isn't it?
Nope not profitable on Qubit, electricity cost is greater than the value of Digibyte you get (at least with a graphic card, no idea with CPU).
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Activity: 194
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
What i think Digi need a lot of is PR and marketing. I talked with a friend who know a lot of it and he agreed that with lack of info about the coin in the media, sites and etc there is no big need to relly on the coin, cause noone knows about it. And i agree in some ways. I believe in digi, but i think the Devs need to spend money thay have not only on developing the coin but to focus on PR and marketing. Now the word of mouth is nothing cause the community is little. So we need it badly. Focus on this and more ppl will here about the coin, it's awesome advantages and etc. We need it a lot here. Cause there is no point of adding new exchanges and servises to Digi right now cause no one is trading there because they simply don't know nothing about the coin!!! So 7 exchanges and only 2 work, other 4 are empty cause ppl don't see why should they buy and invest in digi. So i would strongly advice the Dev's Team in developing a strong marketing compaign to attract more users!!! Other wise we wont go anywhere

At the moment Jared is traveling around the world to talk with partners,merchants and allot more.
A marketing campaign is in the works  Smiley
I firmly believe in creating a larg platform with allot features for all the everyday user with the security and privacy on the top of the list before you reach to the mainstream channels.

And what i see that this is happening anytime soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
What i think Digi need a lot of is PR and marketing. I talked with a friend who know a lot of it and he agreed that with lack of info about the coin in the media, sites and etc there is no big need to relly on the coin, cause noone knows about it. And i agree in some ways. I believe in digi, but i think the Devs need to spend money thay have not only on developing the coin but to focus on PR and marketing. Now the word of mouth is nothing cause the community is little. So we need it badly. Focus on this and more ppl will here about the coin, it's awesome advantages and etc. We need it a lot here. Cause there is no point of adding new exchanges and servises to Digi right now cause no one is trading there because they simply don't know nothing about the coin!!! So 7 exchanges and only 2 work, other 4 are empty cause ppl don't see why should they buy and invest in digi. So i would strongly advice the Dev's Team in developing a strong marketing compaign to attract more users!!! Other wise we wont go anywhere

Spot on.  That pretty much applies to any "product" really but there is no easy solution.  Producing good marketing and PR usually requires a lot of money though and most cryptocurrencies aren't big enough to pay for it.  Doing marketing/PR on a budget whilst still getting people's attention is the holy grail for business success and nobody has any easy solution because the few times it has worked (viral marketing campaigns/memes etc) it is still not really understood exactly how or why it worked.  If there was an easy way to do it everyone would be doing it and big businesses like NIKE/Apple etc wouldn't be pouring millions into conventional advertising.
Activity: 32
Merit: 1
Activity: 638
More readers then buyers today  Wink
Activity: 658
Keep feeding me udner 50satoshi I am very hungry!
Activity: 369
phm.link
How can there be such a big team on this coin but the only exchange you can get it onto is that shitty coinmarket thing...?

It's on Cryptsy and I think Bittrex as well as others. What are you on about?
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
i have several cryptocoins. problem is this - i download all the blockchain onto C Drive and i want to shift all of them to another Drive because C Drive is my SSD and its only 64GB.

As far as i know, Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Digibyte installers allow users to choose the directory of where they want the blockchain data to be.
CHEERS to Digibyte!! Good job on having this option Grin

all my other coins are still on C Drive and their installers don't have the option to choose the directory.
Anyone knows how to do this shifting and still allow the wallet to sync and download the blockchain data?

Right click to launching shortcut, choose Properties, then put bellow entry to the end of target
-datadir=
For example, mine is
"C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\bitcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=D:\SyncWallet\Bitcoin

More information
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
i have several cryptocoins. problem is this - i download all the blockchain onto C Drive and i want to shift all of them to another Drive because C Drive is my SSD and its only 64GB.

As far as i know, Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Digibyte installers allow users to choose the directory of where they want the blockchain data to be.
CHEERS to Digibyte!! Good job on having this option Grin

all my other coins are still on C Drive and their installers don't have the option to choose the directory.
Anyone knows how to do this shifting and still allow the wallet to sync and download the blockchain data?
Activity: 245
We will hit 200 sat soon(weeks,months), This will double with speculation . It's up to the miners and dedicated investors not to sell for less than what they'd think the price would be one year from now. Even if they are day traders wanting to make small gains

So, just for fun, I thought I'd pull out the calculator and drum up a low end "ballpark" figure, and, using the most conservative long term averaged estimate I think possible (which is to say that the real cost will most probably be much higher), in order to mine (create/bring into existance/produce) all the projected 21 billion DGB, the total electricity cost in USD terms will be roughly 10 million dollars. That, translated into satoshi, would be approximately 206 SAT - the lowest of the low ball figures. And that's only the electricity cost!

And we’ve also got to tack on fixed hardware investment costs to that rough 200 SAT figure. I estimate that a low ball figure for that would be another 25% or so – roughly another 50 SAT. Then, people want to get paid for their time, and, obviously, there is time that goes into mining, like initial setup and maintenance. Add another 50 SAT. Early stage venture capital investments usually look for at least a 7.5x return on their investment, so that would take our base price up to 2,250 SAT. What happens then is that the early stage venture capitalists sell to late stage venture capitalists who look for something around 3 times investment – 6,750 SAT. Once we have a mature and proven product that qualifies as investment grade, “normal” investors begin to participate, and they expect to see at least a 10% annual return for investing in still relatively young and risky products, and that would take us to 17,500 SAT, which would still be substantially below DigiBytes’ intended target of 1000:1 with BTC. With today’s BTC pricing by the way, that would almost be a nickel, while the 1000:1 target would be a quarter, or 0.25 USD, the perfect micro-payment value that DGB should have by the time it becomes a widely accepted monetary unit used for micro-payments (and I forgot to mention fiat inflation - one of the main reasons for investing in crytographic digital currencies - which, over a 10 year period of time could cause the value of both BTC and DGB to skyrocket, leaving all my conservative estimates behind in the dust).

What happens in real life though is that, just like there is a lag time in the early stages in price reflecting what early investors with foresight envision, there is an eventual inflexion point where psychology inverts and investors 'suddenly' move beyond simplistic analysis and wake up to the long term price potential, and that's when future potential is suddenly "discounted" positively and price, instead of lagging, begins to surge well in advance of projected expectations. The long and the short of this is that, while it may take many years for DGB to actually become the operative micro-payment vehicle is intends to be, it may be priced as such years in advance of actually achieving that goal.

Hi HR.  I don't know if you saw it, but Coindesk published an article about ALFAquotes ... they use a similar method (as yours above) to calculate valuation for BTC.   So, you're obviously ahead of the curve.  I 100% agree with you that the current market value of DGB is well below where it will be in the future.  Although, as much as I agree, I'm not entirely convinced by arguments that work toward an "intrinsic valuation" of any digital currency - at least not one that's independent of other external variables.  Still,, I agree with your broad discussion of value, and thought it was fun that the Digibyte community was posting these ideas days before they went mainstream.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Official  pool down  Sad

We mine it quite often on www.xpool.ca. Just set your DGB address.

Cheers!
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC
That 24 btc buy on cryptsy is just as bogus as it was when it was sitting @ 60 sats, and 74 sats too.. it will disapear as soon as it starts eating coins.

Also agree have been watching for a while now waiting for the right entry price... That wall has come and gone time and time again lol
What is the advantage of Digibyte Core over Digibit?
Digibyte Core requires you to download the entire blockchain; whereas, Digibit does not.
Are there other significant differences between the two?

Thats essentially the bulk of it.

Digibyte core will always start blockchain sync from block 0 (unless you have the bootstrap.dat file I posted earlier). Digibit can be updated with checkpoint files so that it can start syncing at bassically any point in the chain. Digibit will also only download the "Blockchain Headers" which means it will use less data and be a much faster sync overall.

Digibyte Core supports some more advanced features that Digibit doesnt. Examples of this would be Multisig Address Support (ie DGBWallet.com).

All in all Digibit is more aimed towards the newer user who doesnt want to download the entire blockchain but still wants to accept/send digibyte.

If you have the choice and don't need to immediately receive or send Digibyte then I would suggest downloading the core client.

Cheers.

Multisig Address Support...is it the one that can create multiple Receiving Address?
if it is, darn. that's one important feature i will need. would be awesome if Digibit has it.

Digibit HD will have multisig support but I have no release date as of yet!

well I am buying back!  This time we are long term! Continue on making the best altcoin there is... Soon Remax will accept us also Smiley

lol yea sure, as soon as you 5-20% up, you will sell just like everyone else does.

That really is the reality of it.

Not true at all.. I have many coins I have been holding for a long time now but a run from 16sat over 100 was enough for me too walk away for the time being... Now I can buy double the digibyte I owned last month.... My only concern with digibyte is how many are being mined per day if the price ever does reach something special that will be quite a few coins... I am not a day trader Smiley
Activity: 136
I'm Embarrassed to be here
That 24 btc buy on cryptsy is just as bogus as it was when it was sitting @ 60 sats, and 74 sats too.. it will disapear as soon as it starts eating coins.
Jump to: