Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 971. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
no

Hi this is my first post, i've been watchin this forum for a while and started trading alts, mainly digibyte. I have a question i cant find an answer anywhere just hope someone can clear it up. Is the price of an altcoin affected by the price of bitcoin? Or is it like pegged to bitcoin?
yes
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Yeah i know i really like digibyte,
Im in it for the long term.
Although i only have 6 mil dgb.
I want more

Btw is there any group out there for long term dgb holders ?
Or is there only this topic

Dgb is my main investment right now
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
IT will do that, patience. It's so under prices though it's not funny! The hash rate and mining rewards make is so miners shouldn't sell until 100-150 anyway. Anyone mining shouldn't be selling for under that. For what it is I'd say just be glad your an early adopter and buy as many as you can for the cheap price.
Activity: 351
So price going down again ?
That was a small push
Little dissapointing i expected at least 100
Activity: 5
Hi guys, I have made a quick starter mining guide for those who are new to mining and need to use their gpu or rbox low end asic to mine . I'm using a GTX750 in this and an Rbox 32hgs , both .bat files are config different. I will be making a more detailed video soon, that take each step in more detail but for now you can just make your username through the pool and change my details to yours. And ?'s please ask concerning .bat and anything mining related. The vid only goes for 9 minutes ,If you don't like the music just turn volume down as I have typed the steps up . This was a quick starter and I will be making more clearly steped vids soon as I am dedicated to DGB and it's growth ,
Here is the Link------------------>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Yl-mCydpM   
You can donate DGB here D8Dit6mP5dq5QSEUh2Cse9jGQRS382NV4w
Or on the listed wallet in vid.
I have also included the link to download the mining software for NVidia users .
Thank you
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
I didn't realize DigiByte had an iOS wallet. Looks like it's been out a month now. Very cool.  May end up doing some lessons on it at some point.
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC
a question,is the officer pool digihash.co fee not 3%?
i check the blockchain,the fee is 4%.

Hey, I saw that you found one of the optimizations in the Pluck miner. Have you done anything with DGB-Qubit?
i don't  optimize the code , just find bugs ,i also checked X-series algos,what do you need on qubit?
btw,i think Pluck algo has another optimized calculating way,but i am not sure if it will boost 100x speed,
i may find a way in Probability theory,if i have enough time.
Activity: 609
DMD,XZC
a question,is the officer pool digihash.co fee not 3%?
i check the blockchain,the fee is 4%.
Activity: 245
At the moment the only way to buy most alt coins is using bitcoins, so yes the real world dollar/pound/euro value is related directly to the price of bitcoin.

Hi JayBex.  Welcome.  Yes.  I agree to an extent with the statement above "that the price of an alt-coin is related to the price of a BTC" ... except for a few alts that have separate USD markets (or trade directly with other national currencies).  Cryptsy has 10 active USD markets.  Hopefully, pretty soon, DGB will also have a dedicated market.

However, just because the price of an alt-coin is determined through an exchange rate with BTC, doesn't mean that the 2 values are connected in a causal relationship with price movement.  BTC price could decline while DGB rises, or they could both go up on the same day, or both go down on the same day.  The market exchange rate isn't fixed or pegged to BTC for most alt-coins (although many alt-coins have very predictable exchange-ranges and relationships with BTC).  So the relationship between the two is correlative not causal.

Hi mate, I see i think i get it, i was confused by thinking if the price of btc doubled then the price of digibyte would halve to 35 sat. So the dgb price would stay where it is at 70 sat? Would the price naturally decrease to 35 sat if there is a currency exchange market for dgb?
Here, try this as an experiment. Everyone agree not to sell DGB for less than 300 Sat. Anyone selling DGB for less is to be considered Anti-Digibyte and just in it for a quick profit while playing with our ring piece. We buy up all their DGB anyway. Everyone wins apart from the people selling for less. We could go on doing this over and over again eventually pushing the price up to; I don’t know something reasonable like 10 BTC or something. Along the way, our well endowed patrons could distribute some of their wealth to the needy and good causes through the DGB foundation, effectively creating new users and ensuring the propagation of the currency. Hell we could make it the most stable digital coin in the world by just deciding that it should be, if we all worked together. Let’s try to be fair here and say, there are a thousand times as many BTC as there are DGB, so let a BTC be worth a thousand times more. This sets the price at mBTC. Anyone selling a DGB for less than that is ‘Anti-DGB’ IMO! We could then get on with the job of supporting BTC and scaling the whole thing up.

Your posts always brighten my day Jumbley.
At the moment the only way to buy most alt coins is using bitcoins, so yes the real world dollar/pound/euro value is related directly to the price of bitcoin.

Hi JayBex.  Welcome.  Yes.  I agree to an extent with the statement above "that the price of an alt-coin is related to the price of a BTC" ... except for a few alts that have separate USD markets (or trade directly with other national currencies).  Cryptsy has 10 active USD markets.  Hopefully, pretty soon, DGB will also have a dedicated market.

However, just because the price of an alt-coin is determined through an exchange rate with BTC, doesn't mean that the 2 values are connected in a causal relationship with price movement.  BTC price could decline while DGB rises, or they could both go up on the same day, or both go down on the same day.  The market exchange rate isn't fixed or pegged to BTC for most alt-coins (although many alt-coins have very predictable exchange-ranges and relationships with BTC).  So the relationship between the two is correlative not causal.

Hi mate, I see i think i get it, i was confused by thinking if the price of btc doubled then the price of digibyte would halve to 35 sat. So the dgb price would stay where it is at 70 sat? Would the price naturally decrease to 35 sat if there is a currency exchange market for dgb?

You're asking interesting, but also complicated questions that don't have easy answers.  Different people trade differently.  Some are interested in their BTC balance.  They will have different reactions to changes in BTC price.  Others are interested in their alt-coin balances, so they will also have different reactions.

Here's my best short answer ... if the price of DGB is currently X ... and somehow the price of BTC doubled ...  it wouldn't be like the price of DGB would automatically be (1/2)X.  There would be downward pressure on the exchange value of DGB because people would want to capitalize on the higher exchange value, so there would likely be an increase in sell orders.  But, it wouldn't by default (or automatically) halve the value of DGB.  Other coins ... like LTC ... tend to be more closely coupled with a perceived value in relation to BTC price.  LTC is often traded between 8% and 10% the value of BTC.  So, if the price of BTC doubled, it's likely that there would be strong buy pressure for the price of LTC to also increase to match.  

My best advice is to pick a couple of different alt-coins, (no more than 2 at a time), and watch their price movements, volume, etc., in relation to BTC over a couple of weeks.  http://coinmarketcap.com/ is a good place compare them easily.

And, I don't think that a DGB exchange would have negative impact on the price.  In fact, I believe the opposite - it would make the DGB economy more valuable and accessible.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Here, try this as an experiment. Everyone agree not to sell DGB for less than 300 Sat. Anyone selling DGB for less is to be considered Anti-Digibyte and just in it for a quick profit while playing with our ring piece. We buy up all their DGB anyway. Everyone wins apart from the people selling for less. We could go on doing this over and over again eventually pushing the price up to; I don’t know something reasonable like 10 BTC or something. Along the way, our well endowed patrons could distribute some of their wealth to the needy and good causes through the DGB foundation, effectively creating new users and ensuring the propagation of the currency. Hell we could make it the most stable digital coin in the world by just deciding that it should be, if we all worked together. Let’s try to be fair here and say, there are a thousand times as many BTC as there are DGB, so let a BTC be worth a thousand times more. This sets the price at mBTC. Anyone selling a DGB for less than that is ‘Anti-DGB’ IMO! We could then get on with the job of supporting BTC and scaling the whole thing up.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Thanks for testing!  So we van say TBF works good Smiley

Note that if you are NOT using a diff multiplier of 1, then your miner will think that some shares aren't good, and will discard them. This is probably the issue, and you'll get paid for only half your hashrate.
Wolf0 thx  but what diff command  do I use for ccminer 750ti  ?  Im mining there now and it shows exactly 1/2 my hash rate.
Is it --diff1 or -d 1 or ?

Not a clue. SGMiner has --difficulty-multiplier for that option.
Its the blocks factory pool is the problem.
Its an   AMD  pool.

This is really unfair - the ccminer devs remove a necessary feature, and the pool is the bad guy?
It's theblocksfactory only...not setup for ccminer ..I had the same problem 6 months ago with that pool. He still didn't fix it.
Activity: 43

Hi this is my first post, i've been watchin this forum for a while and started trading alts, mainly digibyte. I have a question i cant find an answer anywhere just hope someone can clear it up. Is the price of an altcoin affected by the price of bitcoin? Or is it like pegged to bitcoin?

yes

Yes.  And, no?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yes, I see your point now. I have seen so many of these "we need paid email" ideas I'm kinda blind to anything new. What you said makes sense but, I still think it should be researched before simply jumping in. As with all ideas such as this, there are up and down sides. As long as the "ups" outnumber the "down"s", have at it. I've been in the game since the '80s and every single "killer paid email solution" has failed miserably. Perhaps block chain technology can change that...

Exactly but I don't think there is any way to really research this other than creating an email client and putting it out there.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1218
yes
Activity: 43
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Jump to: