Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 990. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

And who, by the way, is this kid Jared Tate, I mean what are his qualifications? I understand that for a kid his age attending a session of CNBC at the Nasdaq is a big event but, really.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jared-tate/90/9aa/257
BitcoinTate-Well respected KID in the bitcoin world.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitcointate-83404

And who are you?Would you mind to tell everybody on the internet your name and everything you can find with that?
As Jared told before,The team is not ready to fully give the information YOU want because there are everyday hack and phising attempts to the personall account of Jared and to the Digibyte network,Website etc. etc.

And just a thing i want to say,Offcourse a discussion and questions are good and healty but does is need so much negative thoughts in it?
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
phm.link
I will accept DGB in lieu of USD if you can cover the shipping in USD for obvious reasons:

http://csr.ebay.com/cse/success.jsf?itemid=181668265045&mode=revise&draftId=386400276823

How's that for value?

(feel free to delete this if it's out of line. I thought maybe our recent doubter would like to witness someone accept the currency at face value.)

Whatever it is it might only show for logged in ebay-users.

1.3Mhs GAW Miners Scrypt Miner Blizzard with power supply and USB cord. Still working as of a few days ago when I packaged it. Pictures and more info available.
Activity: 245
Current dump is just because the good old: "lack of news".
I'm not worried. I've cashed out plenty >100 and some in the 80's, but still holding a good chunk too.

You can't rush real life stuff. Why do you think Jared is flying over the whole world? For fun?

All I can say is: secure your profits so you have a good feeling about it and keep the rest. Even if DGB dumps to 10 again, i'm in profit with my current holdings. (not that i'm expecting it to go so low ever again).

And what exactly is DGB's claim to fame other than those $250K inexplicably given to Jared -I suppose- to get this thing off the ground?

Honest question, really. Because, to the outsider here -me- this looks EXACTLY like your run-of-the-mill copy/paste hackjob worth 0.2 BTC from a number of providers. But I am sure it is something more than that and I trust that you will convince me of such. Giving the monumental dump that has followed to the monumental pump, it is approaching levels that, if there's SOMETHING to this project, it could be quite tempting, so I got some fresh BTC I would be willin g to have a house for in any alt that is not what I described above.

Thanks in advance!

Five separate algorithms.

Also, if you do decide to only dabble in it, they've got an electrum-based wallet so you don't have to download the whole blockchain.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that's far from satisfying my requirements of honesty and transparency. See, the more I read about this, the more I see it is indeed a souped-up clone of BTC, nothing else. AND, importantly, there's no transparency whatsoever... that I have found. There are a buncho of first names listed as part of "the team", next to some Jared Tate. And an office address in Hong-Kong. Santa Monica, California is supposed to also have a new "global office" but whatever that one is doesn't seem to have neither a phone nor a physical address... hummmm. Also, there's this investment of $250K made by what appears to be a consulting firm in Hong-Kong that we are left to believe -at least I am- that was paid for in billions of DGB, maybe a bunch of current and future billions of DGB... one has to wonder and guess because I have read quite a bit about it and, unless I am missing the meat of the story, it is nowhere to be found what this Hong-Kong consulting firm is getting  in exchange for those $250k.

As it is, I am farther from being convinced I was before your answer -which, again, I thank you for-. I'd like to actually walk in the Santa Monica office and maybe meet Jared Tate or whoever those faceless first name guys and Tiffany are if they are there. But most of all, I'd like to know the obligations DGB has in exchange for that lofty $250K contribution. Lacking that, my BTC will be put to use somewhere else. TRhanks again for your quick answer anyway.

I think you should make your own decision, and it sounds like you did before you asked your question.  Your posts have a pretty clear anti-Chinese bias.  And, you can have personal bias.  But, this isn't a hate-group, so if you can't get over a partnership with an international company, you should probably go somewhere else.  Digital currency is inherently multinational.  DGB received the investment ... they didn't make it.  With the investment they created the companies Digipay and Digitrade and formed a strategic partnership with TofuGear.

As far as transparency goes ... okay. They don't list their last names or office location.  Probably so crazy people don't walk into their offices demanding to see financial data about business partnerships.  It's also super-creepy that you singled out specific people that you want to find out about.   In reality, DGB is better than most alt-coins with transparency.  Many of the alt-coins don't publish any information at all about their management teams, development goals, or finances.  And, many of the developers don't use their real names in these forums or put them on their websites.  And, are you serious about the phone number thing?  What's the phone number for DOGE or LTE?  Or, the phone number or physical address for Darkcoin?

Myself, and many others here have a lot of respect for the DGB management team and their regular participation in these discussions.  I hope you come to realize that DGB is a great investment and has a fantastic future.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Looks like the major holder dump again because of the BTC price.. this is what you get if you fall for their P&D scam.
40 should hold. Thats a nice double up from 2 weeks ago and then we can go back to new heights. alot turbulences right now. i dont see another ralley soon. things will have to calm down first. bter was a big one to digest. alot of people lost alot of money. AGAIN!
I will accept DGB in lieu of USD if you can cover the shipping in USD for obvious reasons:

http://csr.ebay.com/cse/success.jsf?itemid=181668265045&mode=revise&draftId=386400276823

How's that for value?

(feel free to delete this if it's out of line. I thought maybe our recent doubter would like to witness someone accept the currency at face value.)

Whatever it is it might only show for logged in ebay-users.
phm.link

How's that for value?

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
ah man....seen this one play out a bunch...to much greed (fear) on the guys that got in around 35-50 before the pump (2nd wave)...now the smart money that got in early will clear out the books with the 300% profit that remains ... because they know they can buy back cheaper ....with profits already secured from sells above 100.

im buying back ~15-30

I had a bunch on Crypsty offered in the 500 sat range. I wouldn't think of taking initial profits any lower than that (but I'm not a short term trader either). I've taken them down and sent them back to their respective wallets, where they are backed up and offline sleeping in secure hibernation.  Cheesy
Activity: 252
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
To be honest, the cold wallet of all the exchanges are not safe... I do not know what their reaction will be against this....
And I wonder why BTER but not CRYPTSY ?

The answer to that is so evident, so clear, so in front of our noses, that defies logic that a cesspool of rotten corruption such as BTER will have remained in busin ess at all. I mean, it was not just proven but admitted by every party, Lin, BTER's owner, was associated and co-conspirator in the BitBay scam which is depicted in all kinds of detail in the non censored threads of BTC Talk, several of them. They have been fully exposed here for around 2 months or more. Lin, with his Chinese associated and the (paid) co-operation of Bob Surplus and David Zimbeck, perpetrated and carried out the most blatant and obviously fraudulent ICO scam. What do you freaking expect, that after being exposed this guy would repent and suddenly turn honest businessman?Huh Come on people!!!

There's no (outside) theft of any kind. Once again, it's blatant and obvious.

But you go ahead and continue sending him your coins. Maybe he will someday repent, actually.

Now Cryptsy is an AMERICAN company. And in America fraud, no matter if in crypto or in what, is fully prosecuted and no perpetrator -no blatant ones at least- can get away with thios short of thing. One would think that this sort of thing would make a difference, but obviously not to some people.

I absolutely agree 100% with everything you said here.

Everything.

Spot on!

And it's more often the case than the exception. We need look no further than MintPal/Moolah for one of the more recent examples. Same time, same place. Same day, same channel. Crooks on the inside making off with people's money with impunity.

Here's a comprehensive list worth studying. Lots were hacks, by a good many were outright inside jobs.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-major-bitcoin-heists-thefts-hacks-scams-and-losses-old-83794

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
With Digibyte coming up with its own exchange, i do hope they have employed and implemented many or all of the security features to ensure the safety of every user's DGB, as well as the integrity of Digibyte's servers that the exchange's data is on. Just recently, bter and 2 other lesser known exchanges got hacked. Before this, many exchanges like bitstamp and mtgox and some of which i don't really know got hacked as well.

Whether its 2FA or using SMS or using email to authenticate one's login or for withdrawal of coins, i really really do hope that the Digibyte Team nail this. If they do, Digibyte will instantly soar to the skies as one of the MOST SAFEST to invest in and to use. And then other exchanges can learn a thing or two from Digibyte's Safety Standards. Just like how Digishield got used by other coins.

On a side note for us users, I think its high time that users LEARN to use 2FA. i mean, we are all in this for the long haul and investors are looking to make thousands or turn 3 digits into 5-6 digits. people out there are working their ass off to bring in the BIG Moolah [money] while we are putting in so LITTLE effort to get it. is it so difficult to put in just a bit more effort into ensuring the safety of our coins on our own ends? At least the only thing we have to worry about is the servers' end, which i do hope Digibyte will address it.

One way to completely eliminate the problems on the users' end is for Digibyte to make it an obligation for users to enable 2FA or SMS. Well, if anybody wants to use a crypto-currency, we better have a mobile phone if not a smartphone. if 3rd world people can have one, you better have one too. We shouldn't give security an option to users. its a MUST despite the extra steps and the hassle. But anyway, im sure majority of us want our coins to be secured and not lost or stolen after knowing about all these hacking cases. and its not 1 or 2 or a few. how many BTC have been lost and how many people have been affected so far ever since mtgox? lots...

Although we can never be 100% Safe as i too understand that, at least make it difficult for the hackers and cover all loopholes and gaps. have backups and some kind of contingency plans if anything happens or if the worst happens.

I am sure DigiMan's armor isn't for show.  Wink
Make Security our No.1 Priority. Looking to make LOTS, you better have a LOCK!
Nobody commonly have $10 000 or $1000 or $500 cash in their wallets [physical wallet] except in storage...well, for the average low/middle-income citizens that is.  Grin

Here, here. Going down the right road. When it comes to people's money, with real money that is to say (and not crypto play money), people want the highest levels of accountability possible, and that of course means security measures and transparency.

The digital currencies that survive will all heed, address and meet those demands that are placed on real money.

And even then, nothing's guaranteed: http://www.coindesk.com/research-hackers-install-backdoor-bitcoin-cold-storage/

. . . except the common sense that says not to put all our eggs in the same basket.

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Why is he heading to Istanbul?

YC

Jared is heading to Istanbul Smiley My lovely hometown Cheesy Jared, let me know if you need help Cheesy

Hey travels around the world coming days.

This is a dev with a mission, is he coming to Holland to Grin
Yes, we just arrived in NYC, had a layover in Istanbul. Its very cold here! We have meetings set up here, NYC, Atlanta, San Francisco, LA, Amsterdam & potentially Berlin.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update Jared, what you are doing with Digibyte is unbelievable, never see a coin with such a great Team, it's just a matter of time before Digibyte is the strongest player in crypto world.
Love it  Wink
legendary
Well, in that case, steer clear of that one they call Bitcoin. I heard some guy who doesn't technically exist invented it and had the nerve to wig out without even cashing in!

I did. And it seems to me that it was a very good decision back at the beginning of last year when everyone spoke about it. I have gradually traded it though because, see? it has a relatively decent -although dangerously risky- history while DGB has... vapor? But thanks for the advice again!
Bitcoin is dropping again, Digibyte is very low at the moment, i should wait to long anymore Roll Eyes
phm.link
It's time we fund a DigiByte faucet.

Who's got a VPS running at the moment?
Activity: 245
Why hold now, if you can buy cheaper later?

Are you asking a rhetorical question? Or, do you really want an answer?
Something with wrong side of the price? Huh  Tongue

sold above 80 and buying back now <3

Same here. Cheap DigiBytes everywhere and buying back.

Just to be clear ... good for you.
phm.link
Well, in that case, steer clear of that one they call Bitcoin. I heard some guy who doesn't technically exist invented it and had the nerve to wig out without even cashing in!
legendary
Current dump is just because the good old: "lack of news".
I'm not worried. I've cashed out plenty >100 and some in the 80's, but still holding a good chunk too.

You can't rush real life stuff. Why do you think Jared is flying over the whole world? For fun?

All I can say is: secure your profits so you have a good feeling about it and keep the rest. Even if DGB dumps to 10 again, i'm in profit with my current holdings. (not that i'm expecting it to go so low ever again).

And what exactly is DGB's claim to fame other than those $250K inexplicably given to Jared -I suppose- to get this thing off the ground?

Honest question, really. Because, to the outsider here -me- this looks EXACTLY like your run-of-the-mill copy/paste hackjob worth 0.2 BTC from a number of providers. But I am sure it is something more than that and I trust that you will convince me of such. Giving the monumental dump that has followed to the monumental pump, it is approaching levels that, if there's SOMETHING to this project, it could be quite tempting, so I got some fresh BTC I would be willin g to have a house for in any alt that is not what I described above.

Thanks in advance!

Five separate algorithms.

Also, if you do decide to only dabble in it, they've got an electrum-based wallet so you don't have to download the whole blockchain.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately that's far from satisfying my requirements of honesty and transparency. See, the more I read about this, the more I see it is indeed a souped-up clone of BTC, nothing else. AND, importantly, there's no transparency whatsoever... that I have found. There are a buncho of first names listed as part of "the team", next to some Jared Tate. And an office address in Hong-Kong. Santa Monica, California is supposed to also have a new "global office" but whatever that one is doesn't seem to have neither a phone nor a physical address... hummmm. Also, there's this investment of $250K made by what appears to be a consulting firm in Hong-Kong that we are left to believe -at least I am- that was paid for in billions of DGB, maybe a bunch of current and future billions of DGB... one has to wonder and guess because I have read quite a bit about it and, unless I am missing the meat of the story, it is nowhere to be found what this Hong-Kong consulting firm is getting  in exchange for those $250k.

As it is, I am farther from being convinced I was before your answer -which, again, I thank you for-. I'd like to actually walk in the Santa Monica office and maybe meet Jared Tate or whoever those faceless first name guys and Tiffany are if they are there. But most of all, I'd like to know the obligations DGB has in exchange for that lofty $250K contribution. Lacking that, my BTC will be put to use somewhere else. TRhanks again for your quick answer anyway.
ah man....seen this one play out a bunch...to much greed (fear) on the guys that got in around 35-50 before the pump (2nd wave)...now the smart money that got in early will clear out the books with the 300% profit that remains ... because they know they can buy back cheaper ....with profits already secured from sells above 100.

im buying back ~15-30

Agreed, looks like we end up there again
Jump to: