Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 991. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
phm.link
can we move this price down a little faster I am waiting to rebuy all my digibyte! My wallets feel naked without it!
haha, I am in the same position as you Cheesy

I want to buy some more also. Had too low a buy price the other day.  Shocked

Was going up too fast for me... I tried saying that but nobody was listening just pushing away lol.... I took my 5-6x profits and now I will wait for a reload... I LOVE digibyte probably my favorite coin but why wouldn't  I sell and buy back MORE digibyte... Isn't that the goal... Own MORE digibyte Grin

When that happens you just set a moon price and if it hits, no worries. That's what I did. We didn't get there. Smiley
phm.link
Current dump is just because the good old: "lack of news".
I'm not worried. I've cashed out plenty >100 and some in the 80's, but still holding a good chunk too.

You can't rush real life stuff. Why do you think Jared is flying over the whole world? For fun?

All I can say is: secure your profits so you have a good feeling about it and keep the rest. Even if DGB dumps to 10 again, i'm in profit with my current holdings. (not that i'm expecting it to go so low ever again).

And what exactly is DGB's claim to fame other than those $250K inexplicably given to Jared -I suppose- to get this thing off the ground?

Honest question, really. Because, to the outsider here -me- this looks EXACTLY like your run-of-the-mill copy/paste hackjob worth 0.2 BTC from a number of providers. But I am sure it is something more than that and I trust that you will convince me of such. Giving the monumental dump that has followed to the monumental pump, it is approaching levels that, if there's SOMETHING to this project, it could be quite tempting, so I got some fresh BTC I would be willin g to have a house for in any alt that is not what I described above.

Thanks in advance!

Five separate algorithms.

Also, if you do decide to only dabble in it, they've got an electrum-based wallet so you don't have to download the whole blockchain.
phm.link
Why hold now, if you can buy cheaper later?

Are you asking a rhetorical question? Or, do you really want an answer?
Something with wrong side of the price? Huh  Tongue

sold above 80 and buying back now <3

Same here. Cheap DigiBytes everywhere and buying back.
]

Sold over 100 and just picked up an obscene amount for around 54.

Silly kids don't know what they're doing. Still mining DGB, too, for the record.

Offered the merits of DGB here: https://medium.com/@phmadore/will-this-be-the-year-bitcoin-is-overtaken-955f2fa66501

Would like to see DGB get a similar community as Darkcoin has with its own forums and stuff.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
I'm not worried. I've cashed out plenty >100 and some in the 80's, but still holding a good chunk too.

You can't rush real life stuff. Why do you think Jared is flying over the whole world? For fun?

All I can say is: secure your profits so you have a good feeling about it and keep the rest. Even if DGB dumps to 10 again, i'm in profit with my current holdings. (not that i'm expecting it to go so low ever again).

And what exactly is DGB's claim to fame other than those $250K inexplicably given to Jared -I suppose- to get this thing off the ground?

Honest question, really. Because, to the outsider here -me- this looks EXACTLY like your run-of-the-mill copy/paste hackjob worth 0.2 BTC from a number of providers. But I am sure it is something more than that and I trust that you will convince me of such. Giving the monumental dump that has followed to the monumental pump, it is approaching levels that, if there's SOMETHING to this project, it could be quite tempting, so I got some fresh BTC I would be willin g to have a house for in any alt that is not what I described above.

Thanks in advance!
legendary
Activity: 1162
To be honest, the cold wallet of all the exchanges are not safe... I do not know what their reaction will be against this....
And I wonder why BTER but not CRYPTSY ?

The answer to that is so evident, so clear, so in front of our noses, that defies logic that a cesspool of rotten corruption such as BTER will have remained in busin ess at all. I mean, it was not just proven but admitted by every party, Lin, BTER's owner, was associated and co-conspirator in the BitBay scam which is depicted in all kinds of detail in the non censored threads of BTC Talk, several of them. They have been fully exposed here for around 2 months or more. Lin, with his Chinese associated and the (paid) co-operation of Bob Surplus and David Zimbeck, perpetrated and carried out the most blatant and obviously fraudulent ICO scam. What do you freaking expect, that after being exposed this guy would repent and suddenly turn honest businessman?Huh Come on people!!!

There's no (outside) theft of any kind. Once again, it's blatant and obvious.

But you go ahead and continue sending him your coins. Maybe he will someday repent, actually.

Now Cryptsy is an AMERICAN company. And in America fraud, no matter if in crypto or in what, is fully prosecuted and no perpetrator -no blatant ones at least- can get away with thios short of thing. One would think that this sort of thing would make a difference, but obviously not to some people.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
DigiByte
Instead of gambling with my digibyte, I choose to buy Bitcoins and trade to digibyte.
I'm afraid of losing my digibyte Grin
better safe than sorry
You never know with digibyte the price can go ballistic
Activity: 157
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Sometimes you have to run before you can walk, we will be moving up again for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VWNp_-lGyN0
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
ah man....seen this one play out a bunch...to much greed (fear) on the guys that got in around 35-50 before the pump (2nd wave)...now the smart money that got in early will clear out the books with the 300% profit that remains ... because they know they can buy back cheaper ....with profits already secured from sells above 100.

im buying back ~15-30

I don't think i'll wait until 15-30sat... this coin was undervalued before the pump.. it got a little carried away but its still great coin with a great future so 35-40satoshi I think is great price back
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
With Digibyte coming up with its own exchange, i do hope they have employed and implemented many or all of the security features to ensure the safety of every user's DGB, as well as the integrity of Digibyte's servers that the exchange's data is on. Just recently, bter and 2 other lesser known exchanges got hacked. Before this, many exchanges like bitstamp and mtgox and some of which i don't really know got hacked as well.

Whether its 2FA or using SMS or using email to authenticate one's login or for withdrawal of coins, i really really do hope that the Digibyte Team nail this. If they do, Digibyte will instantly soar to the skies as one of the MOST SAFEST to invest in and to use. And then other exchanges can learn a thing or two from Digibyte's Safety Standards. Just like how Digishield got used by other coins.

On a side note for us users, I think its high time that users LEARN to use 2FA. i mean, we are all in this for the long haul and investors are looking to make thousands or turn 3 digits into 5-6 digits. people out there are working their ass off to bring in the BIG Moolah [money] while we are putting in so LITTLE effort to get it. is it so difficult to put in just a bit more effort into ensuring the safety of our coins on our own ends? At least the only thing we have to worry about is the servers' end, which i do hope Digibyte will address it.

One way to completely eliminate the problems on the users' end is for Digibyte to make it an obligation for users to enable 2FA or SMS. Well, if anybody wants to use a crypto-currency, we better have a mobile phone if not a smartphone. if 3rd world people can have one, you better have one too. We shouldn't give security an option to users. its a MUST despite the extra steps and the hassle. But anyway, im sure majority of us want our coins to be secured and not lost or stolen after knowing about all these hacking cases. and its not 1 or 2 or a few. how many BTC have been lost and how many people have been affected so far ever since mtgox? lots...

Although we can never be 100% Safe as i too understand that, at least make it difficult for the hackers and cover all loopholes and gaps. have backups and some kind of contingency plans if anything happens or if the worst happens.

I am sure DigiMan's armor isn't for show.  Wink
Make Security our No.1 Priority. Looking to make LOTS, you better have a LOCK!
Nobody commonly have $10 000 or $1000 or $500 cash in their wallets [physical wallet] except in storage...well, for the average low/middle-income citizens that is.  Grin
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
ah man....seen this one play out a bunch...to much greed (fear) on the guys that got in around 35-50 before the pump (2nd wave)...now the smart money that got in early will clear out the books with the 300% profit that remains ... because they know they can buy back cheaper ....with profits already secured from sells above 100.

im buying back ~15-30

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Something with wrong side of the price? Huh  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
To be honest, the cold wallet of all the exchanges are not safe... I do not know what their reaction will be against this....
And I wonder why BTER but not CRYPTSY ?
Activity: 245

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Second link TLDR: if you create a bitcoin trojan, you can steal bitcoins.  Excerpt: "The attacker must first create a compromised version of ECDSA".  Nothing worth fretting over.

900+ words, and I recommend reading them all.

My favorite excerpt:
Both Verbücheln and Pustogarov say that the most likely way for such an attack to be mounted would be through dedicated wallet services running proprietary software. Devices designed specifically for secure cold-storage of coins, for example, would be prime candidates for this sort of attack.

Stealing your digital currency right off the blockchain - they don't even need to get to your computer, much less your wallet!

Edit: I've added some additional recommendations to my "The Most Secure, Least Hassle, Security Option" I posted earlier. Nothing's perfect, and nothing's perfectly safe - you can only do your best, and the last line of defense is NOT having all your eggs in the same basket.

legendary
Activity: 1232

i dont think it will go more lower because great news to come....i can feel it..Smiley

Better hodl tight to your coins then!
Activity: 432

i dont think it will go more lower because great news to come....i can feel it..Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Activity: 245
can we move this price down a little faster I am waiting to rebuy all my digibyte! My wallets feel naked without it!
haha, I am in the same position as you Cheesy

I want to buy some more also. Had too low a buy price the other day.  Shocked

Was going up too fast for me... I tried saying that but nobody was listening just pushing away lol.... I took my 5-6x profits and now I will wait for a reload... I LOVE digibyte probably my favorite coin but why wouldn't  I sell and buy back MORE digibyte... Isn't that the goal... Own MORE digibyte Grin

Of course you're right from a short-term trader's perspective.  And, I don't have anything against traders.  I am one.  But, I'm also an investor.  And, from a long-term investor's perspective it's a bit different.  Clearly you were not the only person to take profits and hope for a decline.  But, the danger to taking profits from short-term positions is that you end up on the wrong side of the price, which is the worst place to be for any trade.

A few years ago I sold out of a stock position for about $25/share.  I had bought it a couple of months before at about $15/share.  Over the previous 12-months the stock was averaging highs around $20 and lows around $14.  So, I figured taking profits at $25 and waiting from the price to return to the teens was a good choice (exactly what you describe above).  However, the price kept running up.  I was on the wrong side of the price and I was faced with a problem.  Do I buy back in at a lower number of shares?  Do I short the stock?  Do I wait (and just hold the cash)?  Should I tie up my money in a different instrument while I wait?  I decided to just move on.  Today, the stock trades around $70 a share and I don't own any shares.

So.  Back to your statement.  Sure.  I agree.  But, I also think that we've been in a bit of a bear trap over the past 10 days.  People who sold substantial positions in DGB in the mid-80s - but who also want to buy back in - also have an active interest in seeing the price decline so they don't end up on the wrong side of the price.  We don't have margins or futures (except with some BTC exchanges), so on the spot market exchanges it's pretty straightforward; all you have to do is put in more sell orders to increase the sell volume (it doesn't even really matter if they're filled), the price will go down, and you can buy back in.  But, from an investment perspective, it's not about the value of DGB, it perpetuates volatility and hurts long-term adoption and use, it's just the digital currency version of shorting.   It seems most of the DGB bears will get out of this trap.  I guess we'll see about future ones.
Activity: 432
Why is he heading to Istanbul?

YC

Jared is heading to Istanbul Smiley My lovely hometown Cheesy Jared, let me know if you need help Cheesy

Hey travels around the world coming days.

This is a dev with a mission, is he coming to Holland to Grin
Yes, we just arrived in NYC, had a layover in Istanbul. Its very cold here! We have meetings set up here, NYC, Atlanta, San Francisco, LA, Amsterdam & potentially Berlin.

Cheers!

good Luck ...and safe trip.. Digi Prophet Smiley
Jump to: