Author

Topic: DIMEcoin - page 139. (Read 315328 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 24, 2014, 03:13:25 PM
lulupon, could you set changing pool diff only when new block was found? because i have a lot of (10%) rejected shares.

I have to admit that i have a lot of rejected shares too, around 8%, and i don't know how but my miner said that stratum lost 3032 shares because of lost connection and "Pool - 0" something like that, after, he was waiting work from the pool, i can't remember exactly :s (edit: note that my connection was up with no packet loss or other)
After, i switched to dime.ext-pool with under 1% of rejected shares, i mean that maybe there is a little problem on your side @lulupon ?
I will give another try on your pool soon I promise Wink
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
November 24, 2014, 02:45:38 PM
Quark coin has a new file, src/chainparams.cpp...

It contains a list of seeds:
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed1.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed2.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed3.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.qrk.cc", "seed1.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.qrk.cc", "seed2.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.qrk.cc", "seed3.qrk.cc"));

Is there a list for dimecoin that I can copy?  I don't see an equivalent file anywhere in the dimecoin github repo

I suggest another way of easy to sync wallet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15560437/peers.dat

Please copy this "peers.dat" file to "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Dimecoin" folder.
It makes easy to get peer of dimecoin wallet node.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I'm working on merging the 800+ files from quark 0.9.2.1 with dimecoin github.  I don't see where peers.dat fits into this scenario.

I think I have the majority of the changes merged, but I still need a list of nodes or seeds or whatever that list is.

Are you saying to copy that peers.dat file after compiling?

edit: FWIW, I found the equivalent to this seed list in the current dimecoin wallet:

Code:
static const char *strMainNetDNSSeed[][2] = {
    {NULL, NULL}
};

Looks like there never was a dedicated seed set up for dimecoin. 
Does anyone have a url (or multiple) I can add to this section?

Nice works!!

And... peers.dat file is needed for compiled wallet.

I can provide node! Please use dime.lulupon.net or pool.lulupon.net (211.116.203.9).

Thanks.
November 24, 2014, 10:46:15 AM
lulupon, could you set changing pool diff only when new block was found? because i have a lot of (10%) rejected shares.

If you have high rejected shared, please add "+0.001" after wallet address. It provides fixed difficulty to your miner. (You can put other values also.)

Example : minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.lulupon.net:54093 -u 7NSHRu6sEAekCxZofeifL3KTuNkk1Fo15C+0.001 -p x
Activity: 34
November 24, 2014, 10:38:49 AM
Activity: 50
November 24, 2014, 10:10:10 AM
@lulupon thank you for Dime on your pool, i'm on it now!
As i see your pool is well done and give importants infos about mining, payouts, stats, lost share and more, and i can see a block explorer, magic !
November 24, 2014, 08:56:34 AM
Quark coin has a new file, src/chainparams.cpp...

It contains a list of seeds:
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed1.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed2.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed3.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.qrk.cc", "seed1.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.qrk.cc", "seed2.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.qrk.cc", "seed3.qrk.cc"));

Is there a list for dimecoin that I can copy?  I don't see an equivalent file anywhere in the dimecoin github repo

I suggest another way of easy to sync wallet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15560437/peers.dat

Please copy this "peers.dat" file to "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Dimecoin" folder.
It makes easy to get peer of dimecoin wallet node.

Thanks.
Activity: 55
November 23, 2014, 08:49:56 PM
I can give it a shot if nobody else is planning to update the wallet.

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line. 

Any suggestions?

There is no body to change or edit first post of this thread.

Hmm... If you want to make & compile new version of wallet, just copy latest quarkcoin wallet source (but it maybe newest any other quark copy coin), and just change SUBSIDY function + ADDRESS version.

Ports? Are they in ADDRESS version?

I'm not an expert.

He needs to remember to search and replace quarkcoin and QRK with dimecoin and dime if he does what you say (which is probably the best thing to do).

Why not do it yourself if you know how to do it? It would be the best solution if you have the time, then stamp your name on it as developer, seeing as you appear to be providing a free explorer anyway.

Because, I'm not an expert of Qt programs. (my major is web programming, sorry)
But, I can support and advise to dev team. However, in this thread, there is no dev team.

If they (dev team) want to improve their coin, please show me more aggressive activity. Then, I can support more than block explorer.
Thanks.

I wouldn't hold your breath, you've given what they wanted, a block explorer. Why a developer could not make or was unwilling to pay for one says a lot.

It's very sad, because dimecoin is a bit retro. It could do okay if someone generous that liked a challenge picked it up.

But maybe it's too late, developing is not easy, and the coin seems at the end of its life with no development since day 1. I say that with a heavy heart, as I was fooled by the idiot promising games and android wallets. "I can do it".

Activity: 71
November 23, 2014, 06:42:02 PM
There is no "dev team" as far as I know. But if you'd like, we can create one. I'm interested in this coin, and I wouldn't mind helping it grow.

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line. 

Any suggestions?

Hmm... If you want to make & compile new version of wallet, just copy latest quarkcoin wallet source (but it maybe newest any other quark copy coin), and just change SUBSIDY function + ADDRESS version.

I'm not an expert.

He needs to remember to search and replace quarkcoin and QRK with dimecoin and dime if he does what you say (which is probably the best thing to do).

Why not do it yourself if you know how to do it? It would be the best solution if you have the time, then stamp your name on it as developer, seeing as you appear to be providing a free explorer anyway.

But, I can support and advise to dev team. However, in this thread, there is no dev team.

If they (dev team) want to improve their coin, please show me more aggressive activity. Then, I can support more than block explorer.
Thanks.
November 22, 2014, 01:47:14 PM

Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert.

Thanks.
November 22, 2014, 09:22:22 AM

Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert.

November 22, 2014, 08:46:28 AM
actually, you might get lucky with the nodes. Do a getpeerinfo and see if any of the listed nodes from the old conf are still peers. Then use their nodes in the source.
November 22, 2014, 08:39:16 AM

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line.  

Any suggestions?

You don't even have to follow Quark.

Checkpoints definitely, some people say they don't matter, but they do as long as the exchanges update daemons. Some embedded nodes would help. So somebody needs to pay something. You have the blockexplorer to use as a node, but about 4 is better. Then you don't even need the conf to be used for connections. The IRC seems to work after a wait (I think)

You still fight the 550,000 blocks which makes a heavy wallet. But simple updates like this make a difference.

If you are very good and willing to spend time, then I would update to Bitcoin 0.9.2, and you get a better range of rpc calls as well.

Good luck

(PS The splash screen is like huge, it needs halving in size)
Activity: 71
November 22, 2014, 06:41:22 AM
Right now, I wouldn't buy DIME. DIME is in a downtrend now, and I fully expect to see it hit 1-0 Litoshis if there isn't an active dev/devs to support this coin.

Not trying to be a FUDer or anything, but I'd wait till DIME broke heavy resistance @ 9 Liteoshis before I'd consider buying.
The key to successful trading is waiting for patterns and technical setups to line up before jumping in. And as the chart looks now, DIME could either way from here. So I'd wait for the technical confirmation before jumping in.

(those are my thoughts, as successful crypto trader for the past few years, take it or leave it)

...but the wallet is cloned from 0.8.2...

I really like the coin but why do you not update the wallets?

I believe the current wallet version is 1.5
http://www.dimecoin.co/download.html

It can be called anything but it is cloned from BTC 0.8.2 beta,  so that makes it old. Quarkcoin is up to 0.9.2, which put dime 3 updates behind.

I hadn't mined for a while or bought but all the talk recently made me think there was a plan again. It's still a coin I like, a lot. Talk is cheap, very cheap in this case.

( 328458,     uint256("0x0000000017718b7e41e87b1f566ff6c7ebec7d4cc645a8d9fd2327619adedaf0"))      
        ;
    static const CCheckpointData data = {

This is why you get slow synching, update the checkpoints, get rid of the nodes from the conf unless they work and add some to the client when it connects. It seems to have IRC but yesterday when I opened the wallet, it took me 5 minutes to find a connection.

So I'm out before i got back in.

The blockexplorer guy above should take over. He seems o know what he's doing.

Best luck.

Just copy quark,
November 22, 2014, 05:01:33 AM

Any suggestions?

November 21, 2014, 11:20:28 PM
...but the wallet is cloned from 0.8.2...

I believe the current wallet version is 1.5
http://www.dimecoin.co/download.html

It can be called anything but it is cloned from BTC 0.8.2 beta,  so that makes it old. Quarkcoin is up to 0.9.2, which put dime 3 updates behind.

I hadn't mined for a while or bought but all the talk recently made me think there was a plan again. It's still a coin I like, a lot. Talk is cheap, very cheap in this case.

( 328458,     uint256("0x0000000017718b7e41e87b1f566ff6c7ebec7d4cc645a8d9fd2327619adedaf0"))      
        ;
    static const CCheckpointData data = {

This is why you get slow synching, update the checkpoints, get rid of the nodes from the conf unless they work and add some to the client when it connects. It seems to have IRC but yesterday when I opened the wallet, it took me 5 minutes to find a connection.

So I'm out before i got back in.

The blockexplorer guy above should take over. He seems o know what he's doing.

Best luck.

Just copy quark,
Activity: 6
November 21, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
For several weeks, my wallet has not updated- just "No block source available." Have used every addnode found in .conf file with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!
November 20, 2014, 11:37:02 PM
Thats all very nice but what the hell do I rent to mine at your pool ? scrypt,keccak or what ?

Quark ALGO

are you the new dev? is you are can you sort out the wallet? It's too old.

I'm not dev team. (Just a fan  Grin)

Here is latest source of wallet.

https://github.com/Dimelord/dimecoin
November 20, 2014, 10:15:22 PM
Thats all very nice but what the hell do I rent to mine at your pool ? scrypt,keccak or what ?

Quark ALGO

are you the new dev? is you are can you sort out the wallet? It's too old.
November 20, 2014, 10:03:40 PM
Good you got a pool, but there is a problem with the algo. I know it is officially QRK, but the wallet is cloned from 0.8.2, so maybe this had an effect on trying to get an expeimental pool runing using QRK as the algo.

Nobody is taking care of this coin, which is a shame
November 20, 2014, 11:18:22 AM

DIMEcoin New P2Pool!!
http://pool.lulupon.net:54093

Here is a new Dimecoin P2Pool!!
Pool fee is just 0.5% to pool owner.

Have a nice mining!!

Is it GPU able pool?

Yes, GPU mining is available. My pool works with Var.Diff. 
Jump to: