Pages:
Author

Topic: DIMEcoin - page 94. (Read 315328 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 251
Working for a better world
August 16, 2017, 06:17:26 PM
We are holding a #dimecoinlogocontest on Twitter to create a new logo for @_Dimecoin_ ! Read the following tweets for more details and prizes to win!‬ https://twitter.com/_Dimecoin_

Thanks for starting the contest. At the moment I do like both designs of graphic.guru and untahorsten. Both have their pros and cons. I do not go into detail now, which one I do prefer, to not influence others opinions regarding the logo creation contest voting.

For the contest it would be great, if we could raise the prizes to get more participants. I will pay the mentioned prizes by myself and if other DimeCoin investors would like to add some more DIME it would be great. We would get more logo designs and it would also increase DIME perception.

I would also like to increase the duration of the contest. We are not in a hurry to get the perfect new logo design. Why not to take the time of up to 4 or even 8 weeks?

I Think 4 weeks can be fine.. IMHO
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
August 16, 2017, 05:44:17 PM
We are holding a #dimecoinlogocontest on Twitter to create a new logo for @_Dimecoin_ ! Read the following tweets for more details and prizes to win!‬ https://twitter.com/_Dimecoin_

Thanks for starting the contest. At the moment I do like both designs of graphic.guru and untahorsten. Both have their pros and cons. I do not go into detail now, which one I do prefer, to not influence others opinions regarding the logo creation contest voting.

For the contest it would be great, if we could raise the prizes to get more participants. I will pay the mentioned prizes by myself and if other DimeCoin investors would like to add some more DIME it would be great. We would get more logo designs and it would also increase DIME perception.

I would also like to increase the duration of the contest. We are not in a hurry to get the perfect new logo design. Why not to take the time of up to 4 or even 8 weeks?

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
August 16, 2017, 05:09:33 PM
I've been expressing my opinion on the logo. Guru 1 Place, second place blue logo D, but there's something to add. The others don't even consider it.

PУCCКИЙ

я cвoe мнeниe пo пoвoдy лoгoтипa выcкaзaл. guru 1 мecтo, втopoe мecтo cиний лoгoтип D , нo тaм нyжнo чтo-тo дoбaвить. Ocтaльныe дaжe нe paccмaтpивaю.

I totally respect you opinion! You state that something is missing, can you point out what that might be?

PУCCКИЙ
Я пoлнocтью yвaжaю вaшe мнeниe! Bы зaявляeтe, чтo чeгo-тo нe xвaтaeт, мoжeтe ли вы yкaзaть, чтo этo мoжeт быть?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
August 16, 2017, 05:03:42 PM
I've been expressing my opinion on the logo. Guru 1 Place, second place blue logo D "untahorsten" , but there's something to add. The others don't even consider it.

PУCCКИЙ

я cвoe мнeниe пo пoвoдy лoгoтипa выcкaзaл. guru 1 мecтo, втopoe мecтo cиний лoгoтип D , нo тaм нyжнo чтo-тo дoбaвить. Ocтaльныe дaжe нe paccмaтpивaю.
August 16, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
So, I have made 2 schemes for the new Dimecoin logo / Mint. The character on the second scheme is DELTA, the Greek counterpart for Roman "D". The whole modelling & rendering is done in 3D Studio Max. Looking forward for the feedback from community. Thanks everyone.  Grin

Scheme 1, 2 images and Scheme 2, 2 images...

Uhh, looking forward for the feedback from community, okay... beforehand, I have no intention of insulting you...
One logo design makes 2 scheme's? Do we differ about the definition of logo and or scheme? In terms of feedback, I'm lost for words. But, it can be that I simply don't see it. So, enlighten me (us), explain the composition(s) and the scheme(s) that follow from it, please?

Activity: 163
Progress is the realization of UTOPIA's
August 16, 2017, 09:32:33 AM
So, I have made 2 schemes for the new Dimecoin logo / Mint. The character on the second scheme is DELTA, the Greek counterpart for Roman "D". The whole modelling & rendering is done in 3D Studio Max. Looking forward for the feedback from community. Thanks everyone.  Grin

Scheme 1:

Scheme 2:

August 16, 2017, 09:13:10 AM
I take that back - Drop the "We the future" that makes no sense.  Is this designer still around?

If so maybe blend the two designs keeping the crisp blue look? 

New log needs to stand on its own without any other words - not sure if it does that now. 

The other big ones do.  Dash, Litecoin, Bitcoin etc. 

And to top it off... blending the logo with crispy blue.
Clicking time!  Wink

Ok. But something is missing. Still have to think.
August 16, 2017, 08:21:25 AM
I take that back - Drop the "We the future" that makes no sense.  Is this designer still around?

New log needs to stand on its own without any other words - not sure if it does that now. 

And to top it off... blending the logo with crispy blue.
Clicking time!  Wink
https://i.imgur.com/1EHpUiU.png
August 16, 2017, 08:09:30 AM
As soon as the professional site is launched, I will launch advertisements for the countries of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan. It's a big market. A lot of money. I know how to do it. I have the money for that.

PУCCКИЙ

Кaк тoлькo бyдeт зaпyщeн пpoфeccиoнaльный caйт, я зaпyщy peклaмy пo cтpaнaм Pocиия, Бeлapycь, Укpaинa, Кaзaxcтaн. Этo бoльшoй pынoк. Oчeнь мнoгo дeнeг. Я знaю кaк этo cдeлaть. Дeньги для этoгo y мeня ecть.

Sounds promising!

PУCCКИЙ

Звyчит мнoгooбeщaющe!
August 16, 2017, 07:38:13 AM
As soon as the professional site is launched, I will launch advertisements for the countries of Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan. It's a big market. A lot of money. I know how to do it. I have the money for that.

PУCCКИЙ

Кaк тoлькo бyдeт зaпyщeн пpoфeccиoнaльный caйт, я зaпyщy peклaмy пo cтpaнaм Pocиия, Бeлapycь, Укpaинa, Кaзaxcтaн. Этo бoльшoй pынoк. Oчeнь мнoгo дeнeг. Я знaю кaк этo cдeлaть. Дeньги для этoгo y мeня ecть.
August 16, 2017, 05:26:08 AM
Hello Community,

I was thinking that we have a very nice asset, the coin has a lot of potential.

We have to facts for the dimecoin:

... reference to your initial message ...

Now, I shoot the question. Is there any existing idea for this coin? please let me know, I am very interested to know and see how I can support more than just owning billions of dimecoin and trying to do a faucet.

zero2341, I guess you're a young person, full of ideals. In principle I concur. But let me ask you a question (no intention of pissing you off). What are dreams? The answer: Dreams are things that vanish the moment you understand how the world works. Sorry, it is the way things are. Your remark about creating a good purpose (again, no intention of pissing you off) made me smile, thinking about my youth and something from Star Trek (yep, I'm a Trekkie). The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, rule number 285: No good deed ever goes unpunished.
You are full of ideas, hopes and dreams. Treasure them my friend, I lost mine along the way...

Regarding your remarks:
I do agree, in principle, that we as the Dimecoin community have to set some goals (and maybe in the future fulfill one of your dreams).
I also agree that we have to take a look at Dimecoin itself. You stated ...try to see how we can burn the excess of dimecoins already circulating, or give more value to it ( needs more elaboration ).... The excess is probably the premining of this coin. Maybe it's an option to single those wallets out and terminate them (have no idea whether this is possible) or, make a coin swap (starting a new blockchain) and by doing so excluding them? (Just made a copy of the blockchain, just in case...)
August 16, 2017, 05:07:34 AM
Explain that this is not clear? It's all clear, it's simple, very original. Buy a coin before the investors come. Then it'll be late.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgkylngtpolzq6z/DimeCoin%20-%20Logo.pdf?dl=0
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
August 16, 2017, 05:04:25 AM
Why is it cheaper to buy dimecoin with doge and more expensive to buy with BTC?

Can someone explain the big difference? I have observed this with many coin?

Cryptopia          DIME/DOGE        $0.000002    
    Novaexchange   DIME/BTC        $0.000041
August 16, 2017, 04:46:10 AM
I take that back - Drop the "We the future" that makes no sense.  Is this designer still around?

The other big ones do.  Dash, Litecoin, Bitcoin etc.  

Blending... okay, let's see...
Clicking time!  Wink

The logo in crisp blue with gray (Watch out! The mind is playing a trick by interpreting the gray as a bluish color.).
https://i.imgur.com/u9WJcJT.png

The logo in crisp blue with white.
https://i.imgur.com/8dJHr3c.png

The logo in white with crisp blue.
https://i.imgur.com/anJVxMn.png

That's it for now! (When clicking the images are shown in a square... which a a light color, sigh. The images are created with a transparent background. So you know.)
August 16, 2017, 02:37:25 AM
@ovgysel, no hard feelings.
@all, I am really frustrated about the fact that due to my status the images I post are not visible. The whole intention of what and how I wanted to present the logo got lost...
Now, in order to be clear on my part, the coin designs I created are for fun. Could be anything...
This, sorry but you have to click, is my proposal: https://i.imgur.com/EWxCAYp.png

Activity: 16
August 15, 2017, 10:25:40 PM

Activity: 16
August 15, 2017, 10:11:19 PM
The logo needs to be fresh, new and totally different from the old one.

The new D design is overthought and very busy.  Dimecoin is simple - let's keep it simple. 

Your efforts are excellent but look at most of the big ones - they aren't this busy and over-designed.

graphic.guru:  is excellent!

August 15, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Hold your horses?? haha Who is selling stickers, keychains... before the official logo release? I think you have wrong intentions. And look at ethereum, ripple for example. Don't need for a letter. And think about it that there are already a lot of D's in cryptocurrency! (Dash, Digibyte, Dashcoin... and many more are all with a D) We need to be original and inventive. That's why I prefer the logo of @graphic.guru

Are you not the one that proposed that “we” should do something exciting like Mooncoin did with their logo because that will bring new life to our coin... wow.
I think that those who picked Dimecoin up where the others left off are the true bringers of life for this coin. Regarding your statement about that exciting new Mooncoin logo. With all due respect, they did nothing. Have a look here...  (Did you know that Mooncoin also is the name of a town in Ireland?)
As for my presumed selling aspirations, you're jumping to conclusions. I created those images for fun. The last one, about stickers, was ment to show the use of the Dimecoin logo as a character to indicate an amount. Your argument about the fact that there are many other coins with a D does not hold. There are also a lot of coins with a B. However, there is only one Bitcoin with that special B.
Do you know what you are talking about, Ripple, serious?
August 15, 2017, 04:43:23 PM
Hi again,

I am back from vacation and:

- did read the forum posts - THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR WORK AND SUPPORT !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool
- compared all existing dimecoin source codes on github (dimecoinproject, dimelord, coins7ex) using ExamDiff Pro: http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiffpro.asp?flm=1
- created new github using the source code from https://github.com/coins7ex/dimecoin (version 1.6.9) instead of https://github.com/Dimelord/dimecoin (version 1.5.0)
  (transaction limit and IRC functionality (to avoid false positives from virus scanners) removed)
- compiled the windows wallet using different logo designs (which one do you prefer the most?)
--> next step: upgrade old openssl-Version to a new one
--> logo change, if you, the DimeCoin community wants to change now
--> upload all source code changes to github and updating github-link on http://www.dimecoin.rocks/
--> then new windows wallet release (after testing) ....then mac wallet release ....

here are some screenshots of the compiled wallet with different logo designs:

@peme or @onedimeatatime, could one of you repost this message so the images will show (Dear Lord, do I feel stupid, newbie...)

Hold your horses! The coins I designed are, well, coins. If the community want to use them, be my guest. But! A logo is something different. It should relate to the product...
The word Dime comes from the French word Dîme which comes from the Latin word Decima which means “tenth part”. Furthermore, the dime is the smallest in diameter and is the thinnest of all U.S. coins currently minted. Hence the quotes and sayings using the word dime. That's about it. I mean, no other special things or meanings that I know of are there regarding Dime.
A dime..., a tenth... We can use a nibble, “1010” mmm... We can use the Roman number “X”..., nah. A logo has to be as simple as possible, almost like a pictogram... In the past the dime was abbreviated as "d" or a lowercase "d" with a slash through it, as with the ¢ or $. But an image like that, with a “d”, has no balance, so to speak.
Furthermore, what is it with that slash or those spikes a lot of coins have in their symbols, like in the B of Bitcoin in their prevailing logo?. What is it doing in coin design, those slashes and spikes? That has to do with history. They are an abstract representation of the Pillars of Hercules with a “S” shaped ribbon around it.
So, bringing it all together. A sign, a symbol for use as a logo, almost a pictogram, indicating money (crypto currency), referring to our cultural past, reflecting value, easy to recognize, easy to use in writing, preferably a symbol which can be used as a character as well:
The abstract depiction of the two Pillars of Hercules with a ribbon in between taking on the shape of the capital letter D.
https://i.imgur.com/EWxCAYp.png

So, wanna buy stickers? Only https://i.imgur.com/77nUN54.png100,000 a piece. https://i.imgur.com/wlN2Oo0.png

Keep in mind that with this logo and character we are truly distinctive!
Activity: 11
August 15, 2017, 02:40:24 PM
+ graphic.guru:
Pages:
Jump to: