Pages:
Author

Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board) - page 5. (Read 86436 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Update: We've shipped everything yesterday.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Please show me the math. If you are not accounting for increasing difficulty, then don't bother showing it.

I did the maths, in this thread, even at the time, with no difficulty change and no electricity bill I couldn't see how you could get a ROI in 6 months, (blackarrow was mentioning 4 months at the time).

I don't think you can get anything less than 12 months, and at the current difficulties you might be lucky if not 18 months.

FFMG
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
Cardreadfactory website:
The performance is about 400 Megahashes/second which translates into 100% ROI in 4 months.  Huh if asics really come we ars owned lol. Still waiting on big secret how up Lancelot 1 Ghs. Iam still in war with v 42 uhm.

Please show me the math. If you are not accounting for increasing difficulty, then don't bother showing it.

ASICs are here--ASICMINER, Avalon, even BFL. Avalon chips/DIY coming, KNCMiner coming, etc. The wave is going to become a tsunami shortly...20% increases every two weeks may seem ridiculously optimistic in coming months.
Activity: 70
jersey 4 life !!!
hello dudes.

took me a while to get them running, but finally .....

may i introduce:     the_slicko_towers@tropical-mining      Wink

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Still waiting on big secret how up Lancelot 1 Ghs. Iam still in war with v 42 uhm.

No secrets at all, with V42 firmware the increase is about 10% on the number of shares, so don't expect nothing more 440 MH/s (about 460-500 including hw errors).

The 1GH/s display is a wrong value on Cgminer, and is caused by the variable speed of the Lancelot with this new firmware Smiley

Yes, i know. Think its little bit more.

http://www.bitfury.org/xc6slx150.html
Update: Testing complete, DHL has started work so we're shipping today.

Everybody scheduled for 10/06 will receive their tracking numbers today or tomorrow.

I would like to acquire these boards in bulk for a client. PM me.
Please place your order on our website.
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
I would like to acquire these boards in bulk for a client. PM me.
Activity: 224
Is there anyone in Europe who could just add a power supply board to his late order?

I need one, but i want to skimp on shipping costs Cheesy
Activity: 588
Still waiting on big secret how up Lancelot 1 Ghs. Iam still in war with v 42 uhm.

No secrets at all, with V42 firmware the increase is about 10% on the number of shares, so don't expect nothing more 440 MH/s (about 460-500 including hw errors).

The 1GH/s display is a wrong value on Cgminer, and is caused by the variable speed of the Lancelot with this new firmware Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
Blackarrow,

What's your time frame for anticipating an ASIC product?

+1 what ASIC chips are you going to use?
Activity: 66
Blackarrow,

What's your time frame for anticipating an ASIC product?
They come with a 6 month ROI warranty.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2050320

We cannot see how to enforce this warranty because we cannot quantify how much you've earned with your Lancelot. For this reason only orders paid until today will benefit of this warranty and we'll change the terms of this warranty as follows:

We will offer a buyback scheme for all Lancelot devices that we have ever sold as soon as we have our own ASIC available. For each Lancelot we will offer more hashing power than the Lancelot but cannot say at the moment how much faster. We will calculate how much we can get for the FPGAs from your board and based on this amount we will replace it with ASIC hardware instead.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Cardreadfactory website:
The performance is about 400 Megahashes/second which translates into 100% ROI in 4 months.  Huh if asics really come we ars owned lol. Still waiting on big secret how up Lancelot 1 Ghs. Iam still in war with v 42 uhm.
legendary
Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000
...if you are looking for a FPGA mining solution at a good price...

$350 is not a "good price" for 400MH if you are looking to ever have any ROI. These will return less than $100 if plugged in today.

Please realize that FPGA miners are dead!!!

i didnt know they come with 6 month ROI warranty , great deal though .
Activity: 546

$350 is not a "good price" for 400MH if you are looking to ever have any ROI. These will return less than $100 if plugged in today.

Activity: 260

Activity: 588
I'm looking forward to any ASIC they will release, I completely agree with DBG!
DBG
Activity: 119
Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer
Wow, I cannot recommend this company/group of people enough.  I feel sorry for putting them through a bit (changing payment method based on BTC price, adding items to an order that already existed and had been paid for, causing additional work on their end) but they have rolled with the punches and have an amazing response time.  I love the idea of having a fast ASIC-based mining army as much as the next person, however I also love to tinker and support open-source (in this case, that includes open hardware) so if you are looking for a FPGA mining solution at a good price, I can't recommend blackarrow and his crew enough (also I've priced the chips they are using, even at wholesale they are not making very much at all).  At the very least this will give me some hardware to play with and even design a custom enclosure for while I wait a few months (hopefully not longer) for my BFL order to arrive  Tongue.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Also check coincanary.org but he might be asic only
Pages:
Jump to: