Pages:
Author

Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board) - page 7. (Read 86436 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Why can't fpgas mine scrypt?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Not yet done, but that does not mean not possible. Programming is based on logic sequences, etc. If they can be programmed, they can be soft-coded into an FPGA or hard-coded into an ASIC. The real question is whether it's practical, based on litecoin valuations and profit potential.

Edit: it occurred to me after posting that the "not possible" may have referred to modifying bitcoin ASICs and FPGA devices to mine scrypt. In that case, you are correct. New hardware has to be designed; current hardware cannot be modified for scrypt.
legendary
Why?

Once we get asics, can someone please make an scrypt firmware for these?

.)) not possible.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null

.)) not possible.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
I hope I'm getting others like knc and bitfury. But these lancelots should be able to reprogram. Someone will have to spend a lot of time doing it though.

no they wont be. I dont think anyone can mine scrypt with sparatan 6.. you need really fast memory
legendary
I hope I'm getting others like knc and bitfury. But these lancelots should be able to reprogram. Someone will have to spend a lot of time doing it though.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Are those the asic's blackarrow promised us if the Lancelots dont ROI in 4 months? Wink

Will the Lancelots be any good for scrypt?
legendary
Activity: 532
China has so many cool national holidays.

I agree, but that's the law.
legendary
China has so many cool national holidays. In america our holidays are selfish and people just get drunk with friends without caring about what the holiday even is.
Activity: 532
Blackarrow - How's the June 10th batch going?

We're expecting the boards from the factory maybe today but guaranteed tomorrow. DHL is not working due to Dragon Boat Festival in China therefore we'll ship on 13th.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Blackarrow - How's the June 10th batch going?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Update to cgminer - new version 3.2.1
Should see a reduction in errors and the display now shows new hotplug devices
(and displays all zombie devices last)
... among other changes Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2397710
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Wher can download 200 Mhz mcs?
Activity: 588
Pimp My Rig - episode 4

Today I received the new Papst 512 fans: small, high flow, ball-bearing, for heavy duty applications and long MTBF.

Most probably they will outlast the FPGAs, I'll end using them on my next bitcoin creature  Grin

Some pics (no more pyramid, sorry):

Installed on the heatskinks, with some "lateral help" Smiley

Note that the Sunbeam fans are a trophy from the good old modding times, I don't know how many people here was passionate (10 years ago) about overclock and modding Grin
Activity: 588
News: It looks like we're going to receive a batch of Spartan 6 FPGAs sooner therefore all orders scheduled for 27/06 will be shipped on 17/06.

Update: Xilinx informed us that they cannot deliver now the large batch and do not know when they can deliver.

Morale: Do not rely on Xilinx official channels! Our luck is that we've placed multiple orders through different channels so we're still on track with the 27/06 delivery.

Maybe we need to make a product with Altera's FPGAs; Xilinx is obviously not reliable.

We've received the small batch of FPGAs from a 3rd party as scheduled. We're starting manufacturing tomorrow so we'll ship on 13th of June. The delay is due to China's Official Holidays 10-12 (Dragon Boat Festival).

go full throttle on Asics, the time has come!  Grin
Activity: 650
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
I have a pending order for 10 units.  If I pay between now and June 10 would mine ship on the 13th?

Thanx! Grin
Pages:
Jump to: