Pages:
Author

Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board) - page 6. (Read 86436 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Am I right in thinking it would be relatively straight forward to repurpose one of these FPGAs to mine say Terracoin or any alt which is pretty much a cut and paste job?

I do not expect that you read the whole 43 pages of this thread.....but can you honestly read at least the last page before you ask ?

Wasn't that covering just scrypt? As far as I'm aware TRC isn't based on scrypt?

When I said cut and paste I meant alts based on Bitcoin, not the scrypt alts... If I wanted to mine those I'd just chuck together a GPU rig.

Sorry, wasn't aware that TRC is SH256. My bad ! Apologies !
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I wouldn't use v42. But some had success..

I hope I don't offend black arrow but since they won't make any more, guys these are available now (well wait for batch 6), cheaper and way less power.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/open-usacanada-grp-buy-5-16550-asicminer-erupter-usb-204236-ea-5-units-226656
legendary
Yes these can mine any sha-256 with no mods. nmc, dvc, bte, ixc, etc.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Testing now Lancelot 2 - 1x 25000 Mhs with good bike (without bike only 15000 Mhs)

http://i.imgur.com/JkMO9J9.jpg
Activity: 66
Activity: 532
Update: We have just received the new batch of Lancelot from the factory. We'll start testing them tomorrow and ship on Thursday when DHL starts work.

Activity: 588
Right now each stack of 5 @ 160watt
Activity: 546
How much more power do they consume?
What was the final word on V42 firmware? Did anyone see reasonable performance from it considering the increased hardware errors?

I'm using it from 2 weeks now, the final increase (including errors) is about 10%. The other 10% is wasted on errors.

Note that also they need more power, better cooling and this depends on how good is your PSU!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Am I right in thinking it would be relatively straight forward to repurpose one of these FPGAs to mine say Terracoin or any alt which is pretty much a cut and paste job?

I do not expect that you read the whole 43 pages of this thread.....but can you honestly read at least the last page before you ask ?

Wasn't that covering just scrypt? As far as I'm aware TRC isn't based on scrypt?

When I said cut and paste I meant alts based on Bitcoin, not the scrypt alts... If I wanted to mine those I'd just chuck together a GPU rig.

You just enter different pool details, that is it. If it is SHA-256, the FPGAs dont give a shit what you are mining. Neither do ASICs.

Thanks, that makes sense.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You just enter different pool details, that is it. If it is SHA-256, the FPGAs dont give a shit what you are mining. Neither do ASICs.
legendary
bigtimespaghetti.com

Activity: 83

legendary
bigtimespaghetti.com
Activity: 66
What was the final word on V42 firmware? Did anyone see reasonable performance from it considering the increased hardware errors?
legendary
K hope someone finds a way to solder these on a new board with memory

Even at half gpu speed will keep these useful after asic
Short answer: no
Long answer: probably they can mine as fast as a normal CPU

Longest answer: we need an FPGA with a really fast bus connection with some memory and computing power (i.e. Pci Express), nothing that can be achieved with any Lancelot Serial to USB emulation at only 115k bps.
Pages:
Jump to: