Pages:
Author

Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board) - page 9. (Read 86436 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I tried to run my lancelots with win 8 now and always get an COM3: unrecognized option error. it's the same miner and batch-file used with win 7 before. driver is installed, COM port is the wright one. any ideas?
You can also try changing the port number in Windows.  Under device manager, find the port, select Properties -> Port Settings -> Advanced -> Com Port Number
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I had a similar problem with com1 and I just skipped it and it would load the other ports fine. You could also check to see if it is running any better in cgminer 2.1.

I tried to run my lancelots with win 8 now and always get an COM3: unrecognized option error. it's the same miner and batch-file used with win 7 before. driver is installed, COM port is the wright one. any ideas?
Activity: 36

How many Lancelots? Check in control panel coms and usb view show hidden devices. All hidden devices uninstall and restart. If you have multiple windows you can have duplicate ports in config. In one window work for me max 10 devices. Too check if isnt wrong -S COM3
10 above need -S \\.\COM30. Running 80 Lancelots.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
Activity: 36

My problem is fixed. All devices running on Intel Nuc Core i3 W8 Pro without problem. Linux isn't my friend, but still trying. What new cgminer? With config 3.1 not working.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
jersey 4 life !!!
@black arrow:

tracking my both packets shows them as in "clearance event" since over 24 hrs. in case i ll have to pay custom fees, at which value they have been declared before shipping ? i should be prepared when they call me in ... its 17-24 % customs fee here :/  #1644 
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Dear Customers,

The person in charge with sales is on holiday this week. During this time replies will be slower.

We still have somebody handling tickets but she is not experienced with Lancelot devices therefore she will not be able to handle all tickets.

Love the pyramid

Modded Pyramid (two fans are gone and I've used an old Sunbeam LED fan + another UV reactive one)  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Hi Guys,
here we go with the new power supply!

It's simply a 12Volts "industrial" power supply, the very same used on LED strips or stepper motors on homebrew CNC/3D printers.
Found it on Ebay, and called the seller that -accidentally- is selling in my city. Today I managed to get one =D

Disclaimer:
the process requires a bit of hacking and -above all- lot of attention because you have high voltage at the AC input and high power on the DC output.
The model I purchased is a 12V 15A stabilized and switching power supply, very common on Ebay and Amazon (just look for 12V 15A, or 12V 20A, 12V 30A etc.).

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300761494964&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:IT:1123

Some pics:

Note that the PSU has 2 outputs/rails (probably 7.5A each), meaning that you shouldn't plug more than 3 Icarus each. WATCH CAREFULLY THE POLARITY!! =D

Here I've used a digital multimeter to measure the output voltage, and do a quick calibration with the small trimmer.

This is my little FPGA condo, with the PI, a powered hub and a tiny wireless USB adapter.

More pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96029525@N05/sets/72157633836767688/

P.s.
Shopping isn't finished yet, I've also ordered 5 Papst 512 F fans, I've seen many of them inside servers/racks and radio/TV equipment, more information to come!
Activity: 546
legendary
Just got a Jtag kit in the mail will try before and after switching to v42. Thanks,

Which Jtag kit did you get?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300600275406?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 It arrived pretty quickly. Hopefully, it's the right one.
Activity: 546
Just got a Jtag kit in the mail will try before and after switching to v42. Thanks,

Which Jtag kit did you get?
legendary
Try the latest cgminer 3.2.0 released today
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-cgminer-mining-software-thread-for-linuxwinosxmipsarmr-pi-4110-28402

It auto detects everything, auto sets the settings and just runs (No -S options and no --icarus-timing required)
On linux it's rock solid - on windows let us know how it goes Smiley
Any problems, please report.

Sweet  Cheesy, will try this when I get home. Just got a Jtag kit in the mail will try before and after switching to v42. Thanks,
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Blackarrow,

Have all of the tracking numbers been sent? I haven't received mine yet.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
git cloned
compiled for Pi

now under testing

Hotplug is fantastic (by now I'm running with super user, then I'll work on permissions) BUT I still see orange leds blinking, so the units are randomly idle.

How do I set shorter timings?

Thanks Smiley

P.s.
pics of the new PSU incoming Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/debian-packages-for-cgminer-216117 <-- in case you want precompiled binaries... planing to setup a repo for pi..
git cloned
compiled for Pi

now under testing

Hotplug is fantastic (by now I'm running with super user, then I'll work on permissions) BUT I still see orange leds blinking, so the units are randomly idle.

How do I set shorter timings?

Thanks Smiley

P.s.
pics of the new PSU incoming Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: