Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 42. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
September 06, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
Someone just gave Matthew 15,000BTC
Seriously, when you give him 165k USD do you really think he's going to pay you 330,000USD after 3 days?
Madness.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2012, 04:59:13 PM
Most tragic outcome is that pirate doesn't pay on the 9th, Matthew pays out immediately because he keeps his word, and then pirate pays out entirely on the 10th.

It's a lot more tragic that Pirate won't pay, to a lot more people and for a much bigger sum. And he won't.

As for Matthew, I wish he didn't let it go this far, but it was his choice.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
September 06, 2012, 04:44:43 PM
Most tragic outcome is that pirate doesn't pay on the 9th, Matthew pays out immediately because he keeps his word, and then pirate pays out entirely on the 10th.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
September 06, 2012, 04:43:50 PM
I have no idea why people are taking this bet seriously. Unless they are increasing their bets just for the fun of it.
Until matthew shows he actually has a large amount of bitcoins... this is just a troll thread that so many people
are allowing to take place. Even i am adding to the nonsense by posting this. This is typical matthew posting
that reminds me of when he first started posting here.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
September 06, 2012, 04:15:13 PM
Mathew I know you regard any serious questions from me as trolling, but are you implying that pirate hasn't paid everyone back because Chaang Noi threw a spanner in the works to win his bet against you?

No. I'm implying that Chaang Noi is actively working -against- pirate paying out, throwing as many spanners, and attempting to convince others to throw -their- spanners in as well, in an attempt to sabotage my bet. Yes. I have witnesses-- the people he tried to convince to do his dirty bidding. Chaang Noi is not the reason why Pirate is not paying back -anyone-, he's the reason why pirate -can't- pay back -everyone-. I'll repeat-- He's actively working against Pirate at every turn so that I will lose my bet. I wonder how the community thinks about that as a "fair" bet.

Matthew you need a cereal box education.  As in read the box in the morning as you eat your bowl of candy-coated wheat.  You see that promotion?  See the part where it says "Not open to P&G employees or its affiliates"?  Maybe you should consider WHY that might be printed there...

When you agreed to a non-trivial bet against people who are to some degree affiliated with BST you essentially guaranteed that they would be working towards a payout on the 10th.

Your post.  It needs fixing.

No, the double score for people who "invested" with Pirate and bet against Matthew is when Matthew loses the bet on the 9th, and Pirate pays out on the 10th.  (Not saying I think Pirate will ever pay...)
Ah, I see what you mean now.

My mind.  It needs fixing.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 06, 2012, 04:07:09 PM
MNW still taking bets that MNW won't pay?

Taking bets that I won't pay? Or taking bets that I will pay?

Either way, I bet Matthew will take that bet.

LOL
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
September 06, 2012, 04:05:50 PM

Either way, I bet Matthew will take that bet.
September 06, 2012, 04:01:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
September 06, 2012, 03:58:24 PM
September 06, 2012, 03:51:59 PM
Which PPT is the one that did not provide the requested information?

Payb.tc and Scummyfuck.

Does Scummyfuck refer to Goat?

Good jorb!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 06, 2012, 03:33:21 PM

Payb.tc and Scummyfuck.

Does Scummyfuck refer to Goat?
September 06, 2012, 03:21:22 PM

Payb.tc and Scummyfuck.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
September 06, 2012, 03:21:11 PM
As just discussed on IRC:

2 BTC
1H73yKJToXHG5AuJ4um85AyXETxoDLwC2T
No comment
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 06, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
September 06, 2012, 02:57:51 PM
Ouch! Just don't know who's gonna get hurt. I will laugh my ass off if Pirate pays at the last minute and all of his haters that bet get fleeced.  Cheesy

Shhh. You're scaring away the pigeons.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
September 06, 2012, 02:56:31 PM
Ouch! Just don't know who's gonna get hurt. I will laugh my ass off if Pirate pays at the last minute and all of his haters that bet get fleeced.  Cheesy
September 06, 2012, 02:50:49 PM
2500 BTC
19FdGp8LcFFfpZxEXpTs9GC3J7eW2k9UG2
no comment.

Accept it?

Sure!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 06, 2012, 02:45:58 PM
2500 BTC
19FdGp8LcFFfpZxEXpTs9GC3J7eW2k9UG2
no comment.

Accept it?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
September 06, 2012, 02:35:08 PM
Mathew I know you regard any serious questions from me as trolling, but are you implying that pirate hasn't paid everyone back because Chaang Noi threw a spanner in the works to win his bet against you?

No. I'm implying that Chaang Noi is actively working -against- pirate paying out, throwing as many spanners, and attempting to convince others to throw -their- spanners in as well, in an attempt to sabotage my bet. Yes. I have witnesses-- the people he tried to convince to do his dirty bidding. Chaang Noi is not the reason why Pirate is not paying back -anyone-, he's the reason why pirate -can't- pay back -everyone-. I'll repeat-- He's actively working against Pirate at every turn so that I will lose my bet. I wonder how the community thinks about that as a "fair" bet.

Matthew you need a cereal box education.  As in read the box in the morning as you eat your bowl of candy-coated wheat.  You see that promotion?  See the part where it says "Not open to P&G employees or its affiliates"?  Maybe you should consider WHY that might be printed there...

When you agreed to a non-trivial bet against people who are to some degree affiliated with BST you essentially guaranteed that they would be working towards a payout on the 10th.

Your post.  It needs fixing.

No, the double score for people who "invested" with Pirate and bet against Matthew is when Matthew loses the bet on the 9th, and Pirate pays out on the 10th.  (Not saying I think Pirate will ever pay...)

[EDIT] of course if you assume the players really thought all this out it becomes quite a "wall street" like drama.  It implies M had a deal and relationship with P that he believed is stronger that of P to the PPT ops.  This is one reason why I didn't bet (another reason is that betting is fundamentally zero-sum -- it does not create value like normal economic activity). 

But getting back to reality -- naw, I don't think these guys really thought it all through  Smiley  I think we're just seeing M's flashy exit from the bitcoin community.

vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
September 06, 2012, 02:25:15 PM
This a pony thread now?...lol

@fluttershy there are aspects of every fandom that you are not going to like... Take bitcoin for instance and long term lending...

Pages:
Jump to: