Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 38. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
September 07, 2012, 11:36:27 AM
You got a lotta Splainin to do MNW.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
September 07, 2012, 11:07:16 AM

that would be hilarious, is matthew off his meds again ?

So much for the "I don't take drugs" assertion by Matthew?

Man, you people are really destroying my image of Matthew.

I really want this guy to play out to be a bitcoin philanthropist. I really really really want that.
If it turns out that he's a victim of the pharmaceutical industry, I'll be sad. Very very very sad.

If it turns out that he's just a loser who wont pay. I'll be OK with that. I got 0$ on the line. This whole thing has provided me with hours of entertainment. But if I did have $$ in it, it would be on the philanthropy angle because deep down inside.. everyone loves the hero no matter how intolerant or arrogant they are.

Activity: 784
Merit: 108
September 07, 2012, 11:03:24 AM
Unfortunately, I've never known anyone who does drugs so I couldn't tell you. I'll take your word for it though.

i'm not sure what to make of this quote

but if i may assume you're an adult who knows people, you might have been misled

:/  He gets tricked a lot. Just ask about his relationship with JRO and bitscalper.

Ask Chaang Noi why he asked several other people to take his money and bet against me for him and hide his identity all while telling everyone not to give their payment information to Pirateat40.  I'm sure he's got a lovely explanation for fixing bets like the scummy fuck he is.

Matthew -- to me, your post suggests you have insider knowledge...how else could you know that goat's actions could actually affect pirate paying back his debtors? I mean, there is no obvious reason pirate needs info to pay people back now that he didn't need before...  Seems hard to connect the dots without knowing inside stuff...should i be disappointed in you?

Been watching this thing for awhile, funny how MNW was worried about pirate shorting bitlane out of spite, and now he's worried about pirate not paying goat....  Scammer Tag, you will look so nice next to Matthew N. Wright
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
September 07, 2012, 10:56:16 AM
BTCST wasnt a ponzi it just invested in one  Smiley

that would be hilarious, is matthew off his meds again ? and am I finally in the same thread as an atlas ?!!!!
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 07, 2012, 10:48:30 AM
Unfortunately, I've never known anyone who does drugs so I couldn't tell you. I'll take your word for it though.

i'm not sure what to make of this quote

but if i may assume you're an adult who knows people, you might have been misled

:/  He gets tricked a lot. Just ask about his relationship with JRO and bitscalper.

Ask Chaang Noi why he asked several other people to take his money and bet against me for him and hide his identity all while telling everyone not to give their payment information to Pirateat40.  I'm sure he's got a lovely explanation for fixing bets like the scummy fuck he is.

Matthew -- to me, your post suggests you have insider knowledge...how else could you know that goat's actions could actually affect pirate paying back his debtors? I mean, there is no obvious reason pirate needs info to pay people back now that he didn't need before...  Seems hard to connect the dots without knowing inside stuff...should i be disappointed in you?
Activity: 633
September 07, 2012, 10:40:20 AM
LOL  Grin
Organize an escrow with someone serious, and you have a bet Wink

Sorry but using an escrow just reduces the opportunity for people to bet on whether or not I'll pay should I lose the bet.

Is anyone asking for that?
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 07, 2012, 10:29:40 AM
What about you both answer ?

+1.  Something smells rotten in Denmark...
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 07, 2012, 10:28:10 AM
You should raise the limit to 21M BTC.

Done

Don't think Mathew will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Mathew is a scam/fuckwit, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Mathew does not pay out in 3 days as he described in his thread.

It's actually in under 2 days already.

Yes I'm kindly allowing 30 hours for administration and so that I can still accept bets after I know that I have 0% chance of winning.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
September 07, 2012, 10:25:49 AM
If you truly believe that Mathew is a scam/fuckwit, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Mathew does not pay out in 3 days as he described in his thread.

It's actually in under 2 days already.
September 07, 2012, 10:21:40 AM
LOL  Grin

Sorry but using an escrow just reduces the opportunity for people to bet on whether or not I'll pay should I lose the bet.
donator
Activity: 543
September 07, 2012, 10:20:46 AM
You should raise the limit to 21M BTC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
September 07, 2012, 10:11:25 AM
LOL  Grin
September 07, 2012, 10:08:01 AM

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 21,000,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Mathew does not pay out in 3 days as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 250+ post users will be allowed to participate, unless they participate through an escrow who will hold their coins. This is up to them to find the escrow although many posters in this thread have agreed to act as such.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum default bet for normal users is currently 1000000BTC per person. If you would like to wager more, please PM so that I may do a more extensive verification of identity and holdings. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Although I think Mathew is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of sense on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7kskj

Thank you and good luck!

Edit: have increased the bet I'm willing to take from all bitcoins currently in existence, to all the bitcoins possible to exist at the request of ShadesOfMarble. If this limit is exceeded I'll consider betting bitcoin against people publicly humiliating themselves by making love to a pig on youtube if they lose.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
September 07, 2012, 10:00:06 AM
<_matthew_> The fact that there were this many people willing to do a bet without escrow shows you how ignorant and greedy this community can get

Don't see why, they are not risking anything. Best case scenario, they win, worst case scenario, they make matthew look bad even worse. Sounds like a win-win  Grin

Anyway, it should be clear to everybody that Matthew won't pay. Everyone is free to qualify it as they like (good/bad trolling, scam, whatever)

donator
Activity: 980
September 07, 2012, 09:09:30 AM
Let's recap a bit from the other thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1113276
Thank you everyone for showing a huge amount of integrity to bet for your beliefs instead of just arguing, defaming, accusing, aggravating, etc. Many of you truly believe Pirate is a ponzi, many of you are simply utilizing my offer for hedging, and still others are simply happy to take a 50/50 chance bet on anything. Regardless, we are at the 10,000BTC mark and thus I am locking the thread so that no more bets can be received here.

I still believe there is a very high chance that Pirate is just doing a business which we don't understand, and my sinking gut, although questioning his lack of professionalism, lateness, etc, reminds me that no one is perfect and it may all just be a series of bad coincidences. I hope I am right and that I am able to prove to the community once and for all that what we don't understand is not always a scam. If I happen to be wrong, I'm happy to have enjoyed this entertaining time with everyone, and I've actually made quite a lot of new friends (as you can imagine).

The original OP states that the bet ends 3 weeks after August 19, 2012, 04:49:20 PM, so that means it ends on September 9th, 2012, 04:49:20 PM KST (Korean Standard Time, local to me). I think I had mentioned a slightly longer deadline elsewhere on IRC out of confusion (September 12th perhaps?), but this is incorrect as you can clearly see. The bet will also end if Pirate has provided proof of paying back all (not 99.9%) of his obligated debts and interests per agreements, whichever comes first.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating in this monumental lesson for all of us.
(emphasis mine)

1 day, 18 hours, 39 minutes, 50 seconds from NOW.
legendary
Activity: 1428
September 07, 2012, 08:13:36 AM
One thing I have noticed is that even if this bet is not paid out, there is a large list of people in the community and BTC address connected to their names. Also an amount of bitcoins willing to bet so an indication of the amount of BTC they have. The same information Pirate was wanting.

Hmm...

I do hope that Matthew will pay out tomorrow as he claims he will but if it was just a trick to make personal information public  Sad

Yes this is pure speculation on the why, but the list is public...

tomorrow?
i thought monday?

i would lol hard if pirateat40 uses this list as an indication who has how much in btcst.
ok - its a list forum name - bitcoin address. nothing more Wink

whats your reasoning?
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
September 07, 2012, 08:01:50 AM
Last pages are fun to read Smiley
The deadline is not far and this fiasco is going to end with even bigger cluster fuck.
If this is really true, we can be sure that pirates ass is in the sling. Not with some pasty BTC nerds but with some drug dealing idiots, who usually work for even more violent losers. LOL! 
Activity: 504
September 07, 2012, 07:40:02 AM
BTCST wasnt a ponzi it just invested in one  Smiley

Which, if true, is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

It will be even funnier if he didnt take his cut out each day but kept it compounding like an idiot  Cheesy

hahaha

Let's kick the funny up a notch.  Apparently a bunch of drug dealers who invested into one of the BTC for Cash guys named Vlad1m1r, who ran off with everyones money about the same time, was running a 6% per week investment fund for them as well. IT is highly suspected that he was then investing this money into Pirate. Shocked LMAO, I wonder if that was Pirate's 'BIG' cash, btc buyer...

Activity: 686
Wat
September 07, 2012, 07:07:10 AM

It will be even funnier if he didnt take his cut out each day but kept it compounding like an idiot  Cheesy
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
September 07, 2012, 07:05:00 AM

Pages:
Jump to: