Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 40. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 07, 2012, 01:11:24 AM
I am sorry this bet is so stressful for you, Matthew. Hopefully most people will forgive you.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 07, 2012, 01:08:33 AM
did you refuse medication?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
September 07, 2012, 01:07:07 AM
This isn't putting a lot of confidence in your betters. I guess you have nothing to lose now since your reputation will be gone soon.

Shut up Atlas. Go change nicknames again so we can find you out again you sick, sad medicated child.
September 07, 2012, 01:06:51 AM
This isn't giving a lot of confidence to your betters. I guess you have nothing to lose now since your reputation will be gone soon.
September 07, 2012, 01:05:52 AM
So no promises?

Shut up Atlas. Go change nicknames again so we can find you out again you sick, sad medicated child.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 07, 2012, 01:05:27 AM
Shut up atlas
September 07, 2012, 01:03:42 AM
So what is it? Accepted? Rejected? Ignored?

Rejected.

It's as good as all accepted bets. He's likely not going to pay.

Shut up Atlas. Go fake suicide some more.
Matthew do you promise to pay when you lose?

Shut up Atlas. Go change nicknames -again- since this one will be permabanned shortly, AGAIN.
So no promises?
September 07, 2012, 01:02:36 AM

Rejected.

Matthew do you promise to pay when you lose?

Shut up Atlas. Go change nicknames again since this one will be permabanned shortly, AGAIN.
September 07, 2012, 01:02:15 AM

Rejected.

Matthew, do you promise to pay if you lose?
September 07, 2012, 12:46:29 AM

Rejected.

September 07, 2012, 12:45:32 AM
Ouch! Just don't know who's gonna get hurt. I will laugh my ass off if Pirate pays at the last minute and all of his haters that bet get fleeced.  Cheesy

Shhh. You're scaring away the pigeons.

We're not scared away, just being ignored.

I made a wager a few days ago, but you never accepted nor rejected it:

I know the bet is officially closed and I don't have the required number of posts, but hey, stranger things have happened:

Code:
5BTC
1JpstgtL3Guoa9WVjpT7YA3r9QfAaqSyyS
"What's 5BTC compared to the sum total of this bet?"

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 12:40:38 AM
Ouch! Just don't know who's gonna get hurt. I will laugh my ass off if Pirate pays at the last minute and all of his haters that bet get fleeced.  Cheesy

Shhh. You're scaring away the pigeons.

We're not scared away, just being ignored.

I made a wager a few days ago, but you never accepted nor rejected it:

I know the bet is officially closed and I don't have the required number of posts, but hey, stranger things have happened:

Code:
5BTC
1JpstgtL3Guoa9WVjpT7YA3r9QfAaqSyyS
"What's 5BTC compared to the sum total of this bet?"

September 06, 2012, 11:55:47 PM
I believed in Pirate and I stood by word. I got tired of people questioning my brilliant mind. I said "put-up or shut-up". I put-up $600,000 in Bitcoins.

I lost them all but I sure showed them how to argue. Right, guys?
Shut up, Atlas. Why aren't you posting as CoinComm? Orite... Permabanned
September 06, 2012, 11:39:53 PM
I believed in Pirate and I stood by my word. I got tired of people questioning my brilliant mind. I said "put-up or shut-up". I put-up $600,000 in Bitcoins.

I lost them all but I sure showed them how to argue. Right, guys?
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
September 06, 2012, 10:56:27 PM
Maybe he is typing up the excuse not to pay. Or deciding it is time to walk away from bitcoin.

That occurred to me too......if matthew loses and actually pays out, is he going to walk away from bitcoin alltogether? I think, given the situation, I would just cash out and move on with life (albeit a couple hundred grand poorer, and with one hell of a story).  Maybe he'll try to rebuild though, so who knows?

I doubt that he pays and leaves. It's not much of a story to anyone that doesn't think Pirate is some sort of real-world celebrity. I mean, say it out loud to yourself: "Yah, I lost a couple hundred thousand dollars when I bet dozens of mostly-anonymous avatars that a Ponzi schemer would pay everyone back in full."

The only people who might think it's one hell of a story are mostly registered to this board. In the incredibly unlikely event Matthew pays out, he would be celebrated here. People like it when they get free beer bitcoin. Why leave such a community after blowing six figures on it?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 06, 2012, 10:38:23 PM
I can't believe that I'm posting. I totally believed Matt when he said he had 10k coins, but come on! 65k coins? Thats getting close to 3/4 of a million dollars. Either Matt knows something that we don't, or he's just accepting every bet that comes his was for amusement and is willing to take the scammer tag for a conversation piece. For that much money? is having a good name on this forum worth almost 1 million us? Its not even worth 100k us...

I mean, seriously, If I said I would pay up to 50k coins against pirate, would he say yes? so, that means his total liability would be well over 1million us fiat.

I think this thread went from semi serious to just flat out idiotic.. I can't believe im contributing to this mess...

So, I might as well bump me up to 50k coins, lol...

(Im kidding, as I don't have 50k coins to make the bet.)

I guess we will find out the truth on Monday, lol..

If I had a quarter of a million dollars, I would start a business--with zero investors.

At least we know that Bruno isn't backing Matthew's bet.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 06, 2012, 10:36:57 PM
I can't believe that I'm posting. I totally believed Matt when he said he had 10k coins, but come on! 65k coins? Thats getting close to 3/4 of a million dollars. Either Matt knows something that we don't, or he's just accepting every bet that comes his was for amusement and is willing to take the scammer tag for a conversation piece. For that much money? is having a good name on this forum worth almost 1 million us? Its not even worth 100k us...

I mean, seriously, If I said I would pay up to 50k coins against pirate, would he say yes? so, that means his total liability would be well over 1million us fiat.

I think this thread went from semi serious to just flat out idiotic.. I can't believe im contributing to this mess...

If I had a quarter of a million dollars, I would start a business--with zero investors.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 06, 2012, 10:35:39 PM
Most tragic outcome is that pirate doesn't pay on the 9th, Matthew pays out immediately because he keeps his word, and then pirate pays out entirely on the 10th.

How about if pirate pays on the ninth from a short term loan from Matthew on all of the winning bets?

My estimate is that pirate is short about 250k bitcoins, given all the accrued interest since shut down. Not sure if he has 250k bitcoins to loan out on a whim to an obviously unstable user named "pirateat40" in hopes to win the bet.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
September 06, 2012, 10:17:13 PM

I have the same thoughts. MNW has been trolling since day 1...
Activity: 557
September 06, 2012, 10:14:08 PM
Most tragic outcome is that pirate doesn't pay on the 9th, Matthew pays out immediately because he keeps his word, and then pirate pays out entirely on the 10th.

How about if pirate pays on the ninth from a short term loan from Matthew on all of the winning bets?
Pages:
Jump to: