Pages:
Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 101. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Haven't been feeling the best of late, so I haven't had the energy to comment in the last couple of days. My apologies to all. However, I did get a chance to listen to Tim's excellent reading of the DNotes Story, and was as inspired as I was when I first read it. It is indeed an excellent account of how we got to where we are, and the vision and mission that drives DNotes forward. As we look about the digital currency landscape, there can be little doubt that DNotes continues to be second-to-none in its commitment to achieving mass adoption and providing tangible benefits and opportunity for people everywhere.

Thanks, Ken. Hope you feel better soon. I was also inspired by Tim's reading of the DNotes Story. Tim is now working on doing the whole book and make it widely accessible for a small amount of DNotes using DNotes Pay. I trust that many will find the audio book helpful and inspiring. That will be another tool to help DNotes gain mass acceptance as an inclusive trusted digital currency.

Indeed, it may be a fairly slow process to get the entire book done, but get it done I shall Smiley Apparently it is quite common for people to listen to audiobooks these days by preference over actually reading, since it allows them to do other productive things at the same time.

It is common for me, at least. And also helpful on the road, when I take those six or seven hour drives with the family and they're all listening to their own music or watching movies on their iPads. I like to pop an audiobook in to keep me company and make sure that I don't drift off to sleep. I have  read Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillars of Business Success several times now, and am excited to know that I will be able to continue to benefit from Alan's insight and wisdom during those sometimes-lonely drives.

This all makes a lot of sense to me. I even take it one step further and like to listen to several hour long podcasts while I fall to sleep in bed. Which, while kind of counter-productive for falling asleep purposes, means I'm learning even while I'm in bed with my eyes closed. There are bound to be a lot of people who have an aversion to reading and/or just prefer to not have to strain their eyes while focusing on the pages of a book.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Haven't been feeling the best of late, so I haven't had the energy to comment in the last couple of days. My apologies to all. However, I did get a chance to listen to Tim's excellent reading of the DNotes Story, and was as inspired as I was when I first read it. It is indeed an excellent account of how we got to where we are, and the vision and mission that drives DNotes forward. As we look about the digital currency landscape, there can be little doubt that DNotes continues to be second-to-none in its commitment to achieving mass adoption and providing tangible benefits and opportunity for people everywhere.

Thanks, Ken. Hope you feel better soon. I was also inspired by Tim's reading of the DNotes Story. Tim is now working on doing the whole book and make it widely accessible for a small amount of DNotes using DNotes Pay. I trust that many will find the audio book helpful and inspiring. That will be another tool to help DNotes gain mass acceptance as an inclusive trusted digital currency.

Indeed, it may be a fairly slow process to get the entire book done, but get it done I shall Smiley Apparently it is quite common for people to listen to audiobooks these days by preference over actually reading, since it allows them to do other productive things at the same time.

It is common for me, at least. And also helpful on the road, when I take those six or seven hour drives with the family and they're all listening to their own music or watching movies on their iPads. I like to pop an audiobook in to keep me company and make sure that I don't drift off to sleep. I have  read Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillars of Business Success several times now, and am excited to know that I will be able to continue to benefit from Alan's insight and wisdom during those sometimes-lonely drives.

Same here, I find myself often listening content while doing other things. I think that is becoming pretty common with how busy people are today. Multitasking to learn new things more quickly and being productive in down time.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

Merit: 102
City of London Police Establish Pilot Crypto Training Course for Officers

https://dcebrief.com/city-of-london-police-establish-pilot-crypto-training-course-for-officers/
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Yes, the price of DNotes is really low, I hope to grow and be recognized in the future!But we must be a little patient.

Thanks wangxiaoyan600, we don't consider DNotes price even close to the range of what we would consider fairly valued in the open market for this industry. The important thing is that we intend to continue and push DNotes and grow its value. DNotes Global has started its Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding efforts to accelerate the growth and progress of DNotes.

What are your thoughts on the current upward momentum in the price? Is this a bounce from Mercatox coming back online or, the announcement about the app or, are we finally being recognized by the market as a stand out project?

I suspect there was a bit of sell pressure while the withdrawals were disabled for an extended period. There is also no doubt that we are facing a lot of challenges with exchanges since the launch of DNotes 2.0, that potentially have slowed us down, and they always seem to come up when the iron is hot if you will. It is inevitable that we will continue to gain more and more recognition in our industry as well though.

I would agree with that, this upward momentum has been more or less steady since Mercatox came back online and that's looking good. They have a few rough edges to deal with but, and this really stands out, their tech support is always responsive even if they don't have an immediate answer, unlike many others.

That is very important, even if you don't have an ETA or all of the information, responding is critical. Something much of our industry has overlooked.

This conversation also reminded of this quote from Alan:

Brings to mind the "Tortoise & Hare" Slow and steady wins the race...
legendary
DNotes
Yes, the price of DNotes is really low, I hope to grow and be recognized in the future!But we must be a little patient.

Thanks wangxiaoyan600, we don't consider DNotes price even close to the range of what we would consider fairly valued in the open market for this industry. The important thing is that we intend to continue and push DNotes and grow its value. DNotes Global has started its Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding efforts to accelerate the growth and progress of DNotes.

What are your thoughts on the current upward momentum in the price? Is this a bounce from Mercatox coming back online or, the announcement about the app or, are we finally being recognized by the market as a stand out project?

I suspect there was a bit of sell pressure while the withdrawals were disabled for an extended period. There is also no doubt that we are facing a lot of challenges with exchanges since the launch of DNotes 2.0, that potentially have slowed us down, and they always seem to come up when the iron is hot if you will. It is inevitable that we will continue to gain more and more recognition in our industry as well though.

I would agree with that, this upward momentum has been more or less steady since Mercatox came back online and that's looking good. They have a few rough edges to deal with but, and this really stands out, their tech support is always responsive even if they don't have an immediate answer, unlike many others.

That is very important, even if you don't have an ETA or all of the information, responding is critical. Something much of our industry has overlooked.

This conversation also reminded of this quote from Alan:

legendary
DNotes
I have some dnotes version 1.0 since 2014, however I have been absent, hear some swap or I lose the coins! thank you

As I understand it, they are still swapping the old for the new version 2.0 by request only. I would contact "DNotes" directly, he will be able to assist you.

Yep that is correct, if you control your DNotes in your own wallet, we have a private fork of the legacy DNotes blockchain to continue to perform swaps for those that missed the deadlines. You can find the instructions here:
https://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-swap-process-updated/

Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

legendary
DNotes

I have some dnotes version 1.0 since 2014, however I have been absent, hear some swap or I lose the coins! thank you

As I understand it, they are still swapping the old for the new version 2.0 by request only. I would contact "DNotes" directly, he will be able to assist you. You will also need to download the new version 1.3 wallet.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D

legendary
DNotes

legendary
DNotes
It might be "overkill" but, I would suggest that the best way to introduce people outside the crypto world aside from the previous link suggestion, would be to set up a special site just for purchasing dnotes for online digital commerce through the app. Nothing complicated, just a page within the vault structure where they could buy Note without an exchange that would automatically create a special "on line commerce" Dnotes Vault account for them and send their login info to them via email or other method.

Three simple steps, create their account, get a login and password and accept either a Credit Card, PayPal or, Bitcoin payment for the dnotes. At this point, the user hasn't been dragged outside their comfort zone very far and they are more likely to buy online where Dnotes is accepted.

At least for now, don't charge anything over and above the current exchange rate for the DNotes to maintain that account. Perhaps, after some predetermined time period, an automatic trigger that will allow them, sometime in the future, to upgrade to a full Vault account and it's a done deal.  

You could also point them to educational material on crypto in general.

Thank you RJF for helping us to think through this. It would seem like there are many simple solutions to reach people outside of our industry and have digital currencies accessible to them., such as what you suggested. Unfortunately, there are legal challenges in the sale of digital currency for cash or fiat currency that requires licensing from many jurisdictions. Additionally, there are many practical limitations when micro-payments are involved – the conversion and transaction fees are prohibitively higher than the sale price of the item.

Hence, we realize since the launch of DNotes 4 ½ years ago that mass acceptance of digital currency can only happen in a large scale globally.

For more clues:
Listen to the audio book, chapter 15, narrated by Tim Goggin:

The DNotes Story from Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success Narrated by Tim Goggin

In this video Tim Goggin reads the DNotes story, Chapter 15 from the book Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success.

For more information on DNotes, please visit the DNotes website at https://dnotescoin.com/ and DNotes Global, Inc website https://dnotesglobal.com/.

For more information on the book Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success, please visit https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

https://youtu.be/ZQ5JJo4Q1h8

No problem, thinking is easy, implementation is hard. If you guys like any of these ideas, just throw some Merit my way please!  Grin  I was on the edge of regaining my HERO rank, since the account hack, when they added the Merit system, not much chance now without Merit. Thx!

Thanks RJF, appreciate all the suggestions. We may not be at the point right now to meet the requirements of exchanging DNotes directly, but you are correct we need to make it as easy and simple as possible.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
It might be "overkill" but, I would suggest that the best way to introduce people outside the crypto world aside from the previous link suggestion, would be to set up a special site just for purchasing dnotes for online digital commerce through the app. Nothing complicated, just a page within the vault structure where they could buy Note without an exchange that would automatically create a special "on line commerce" Dnotes Vault account for them and send their login info to them via email or other method.

Three simple steps, create their account, get a login and password and accept either a Credit Card, PayPal or, Bitcoin payment for the dnotes. At this point, the user hasn't been dragged outside their comfort zone very far and they are more likely to buy online where Dnotes is accepted.

At least for now, don't charge anything over and above the current exchange rate for the DNotes to maintain that account. Perhaps, after some predetermined time period, an automatic trigger that will allow them, sometime in the future, to upgrade to a full Vault account and it's a done deal.  

Thank you RJF for helping us to think through this. It would seem like there are many simple solutions to reach people outside of our industry and have digital currencies accessible to them., such as what you suggested. Unfortunately, there are legal challenges in the sale of digital currency for cash or fiat currency that requires licensing from many jurisdictions. Additionally, there are many practical limitations when micro-payments are involved – the conversion and transaction fees are prohibitively higher than the sale price of the item.

Hence, we realize since the launch of DNotes 4 ½ years ago that mass acceptance of digital currency can only happen in a large scale globally.

For more clues:

The DNotes Story from Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success Narrated by Tim Goggin

In this video Tim Goggin reads the DNotes story, Chapter 15 from the book Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success.

For more information on DNotes, please visit the DNotes website at https://dnotescoin.com/ and DNotes Global, Inc website https://dnotesglobal.com/.

For more information on the book Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success, please visit https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

No problem, thinking is easy, implementation is hard. If you guys like any of these ideas, just throw some Merit my way please!  Grin  I was on the edge of regaining my HERO rank, since the account hack, when they added the Merit system, not much chance now without Merit. Thx!

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

For more clues:

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

At least for now, don't charge anything over and above the current exchange rate, maybe even a little below it, (no fees, interest or profit) for the DNotes to maintain that account. Perhaps, after some predetermined time period, an automatic trigger that will allow them, sometime in the future, to upgrade to a full Vault account and it's a done deal.  

Pages:
Jump to: