Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 121. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
So I've had some issues trading on Mercatox. I'm still trying to buy DNotes and get a good price for them, so I've been watching the BTC/NOTE market pretty closely. I've noticed a few things that bother me.

1. Often, there will be trades executed for which there were no prior orders on the books. One time recently I had a buy order of DNotes at 598 Satoshi. It was the only buy order at that price and had been sitting on the books for several hours. Well, there was a buy or sell for approximately that same amount and guess what, not one single bit of my order filled! I was wondering where that other standing order had come from. This is at least the second time something similar happened. Mostly, it's other prices that simply aren't listed on the books.

2. I asked in the exchange trollbox if Mercatox has hidden orders and explained briefly what I'd observed. A bunch of people weighed in saying they'd noticed the same thing and it bothered them too. Some theorized that it had to do with links to markets on other exchanges, but no one really knew. One person mentioned he'd even filed a complaint with the exchange.

Is there a realistic explanation for what I'm observing? I'm finding it really frustrating because I feel as if I'm not being given complete information about the BTC/NOTE market on Mercatox, which means I'm basically trading blindly.

I read an article recently which accused some exchanges of inflating their trading volumes and I've wondered if randomly throwing in fake trades might be one way to do that. However, I'm really hoping there is a much better explanation for this. I would like to know what's going on so that I can trade with more complete information.

Hi, wiser. I am sorry to learn about your frustrating experience trying to buy DNotes at Mercatox. Frankly, I had wanted to sign up for an account but did not find the time to do so. Here is one I can not come with an explanation.

I have personally, experienced "odd" tradings at other exchanges, including Poloniex where I purchased the most of my DNotes holding. I purchased ever single DNotes that I own. Sadly I have lost a substantial number of DNotes various exchanges - Crypto Rush, MintPal, Allcoins, and Crypsy that disappeared. I clearly have issues with exchanges in our industry.

I'm sorry to learn about your "odd" trading experiences, Alan. It sounds like those experiences have been costly. I can't say I've lost anything on those other exchanges. I lucked out and pulled out of Cryptsy before it went down (other than dust). I guess I lost some affiliate earnings on Allcoin because they automatically deposited to a defunct Allcoin address (but I blame myself for that and it's water under the bridge). A year ago, I really wasn't that much of a player so probably my trades were all normal even if the platforms were doing weird things.

The Mercatox thing is throwing me for a loop, though. I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% convinced that the DNotes volume is all real there, though I don't want to start accusing prematurely. It just has a weird feel to it, and like I said, there are so many executed trades which seem to come out of nowhere. Maybe since a lot of people trade with bots nowadays, they don't notice, but I haven't gotten any bots yet (anyone want to help me with that?), so I actually watch the markets I'm trading on, and yes, I do notice stuff that seems out of the ordinary. I usually trade on BitTrex and I've never seen anything like it there.

Wiser, I think you would have to contact Mercatox to figure out what is happening.  If you aren’t satisfied, I would try stocks exchange for your Dnote  trading.  Also, be sceptical of what anyone says on the chat room/troll box.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
So I've had some issues trading on Mercatox. I'm still trying to buy DNotes and get a good price for them, so I've been watching the BTC/NOTE market pretty closely. I've noticed a few things that bother me.

1. Often, there will be trades executed for which there were no prior orders on the books. One time recently I had a buy order of DNotes at 598 Satoshi. It was the only buy order at that price and had been sitting on the books for several hours. Well, there was a buy or sell for approximately that same amount and guess what, not one single bit of my order filled! I was wondering where that other standing order had come from. This is at least the second time something similar happened. Mostly, it's other prices that simply aren't listed on the books.

2. I asked in the exchange trollbox if Mercatox has hidden orders and explained briefly what I'd observed. A bunch of people weighed in saying they'd noticed the same thing and it bothered them too. Some theorized that it had to do with links to markets on other exchanges, but no one really knew. One person mentioned he'd even filed a complaint with the exchange.

Is there a realistic explanation for what I'm observing? I'm finding it really frustrating because I feel as if I'm not being given complete information about the BTC/NOTE market on Mercatox, which means I'm basically trading blindly.

I read an article recently which accused some exchanges of inflating their trading volumes and I've wondered if randomly throwing in fake trades might be one way to do that. However, I'm really hoping there is a much better explanation for this. I would like to know what's going on so that I can trade with more complete information.

Hi, wiser. I am sorry to learn about your frustrating experience trying to buy DNotes at Mercatox. Frankly, I had wanted to sign up for an account but did not find the time to do so. Here is one I can not come with an explanation.

I have personally, experienced "odd" tradings at other exchanges, including Poloniex where I purchased the most of my DNotes holding. I purchased ever single DNotes that I own. Sadly I have lost a substantial number of DNotes various exchanges - Crypto Rush, MintPal, Allcoins, and Crypsy that disappeared. I clearly have issues with exchanges in our industry.

I'm sorry to learn about your "odd" trading experiences, Alan. It sounds like those experiences have been costly. I can't say I've lost anything on those other exchanges. I lucked out and pulled out of Cryptsy before it went down (other than dust). I guess I lost some affiliate earnings on Allcoin because they automatically deposited to a defunct Allcoin address (but I blame myself for that and it's water under the bridge). A year ago, I really wasn't that much of a player so probably my trades were all normal even if the platforms were doing weird things.

The Mercatox thing is throwing me for a loop, though. I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% convinced that the DNotes volume is all real there, though I don't want to start accusing prematurely. It just has a weird feel to it, and like I said, there are so many executed trades which seem to come out of nowhere. Maybe since a lot of people trade with bots nowadays, they don't notice, but I haven't gotten any bots yet (anyone want to help me with that?), so I actually watch the markets I'm trading on, and yes, I do notice stuff that seems out of the ordinary. I usually trade on BitTrex and I've never seen anything like it there.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Our hard work and relentless commitment to do the right thing, the right way, at the right time is beginning to pay off. DNotes and DNotes Global represented by Tim Goggin and myself will be among a few A-list participants in “Blockchain Super Stars.”

“BLOCK CHAIN SUPER STARS is an International Television Special where top A-list celebrities share their favorite CryptoCurrencies and BlockChain …. Technologies!”

http://nltvstudios.com/new-blockchain-series/

You're quite right Alan. DNotes being selected as one of very few A-list participants in the TV show "Blockchain Super Stars" is a great privilege, and I'm looking very forward to filming my segments later over the next couple of days. Our selection will lead to a huge amount of exposure, and tell the DNotes story and what makes us different to all the "me too" projects out there that are just imitating the business model of the project before them.

Blockchain Super Stars will be aired in more than 50 countries, and will have coverage in every location within the USA. The show will interview select experts from across the blockchain / crypto industry, and various celebrities about their favourite projects and involvement in the industry. This is an opportunity that we will make the most of.

The Blockchain Super Stars press release can be found here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/NLTV-In-Production-for-the-Global-Premiere-of-BLOCKCHAIN-SUPERSTARS-International-TV-Series-20180615

The introduction is below:

"The elite producer of award winning business and entertainment television programming, NLTV, is at it again...this time with the production of the world's first Blockchain Television Series. NLTV will be bringing some of the Blockchain Industry's top experts and Hollywood's brightest A-list superstars into the living rooms of every day Americans during a major Television Special Event Program that will be distributed nationally in all 220 major DMA's in the U.S. and also to over 50 countries internationally this Fall called: BLOCKCHAIN SUPERSTARS.

In the block chain industry known for its complexity and, unfortunately, even its' hype, this 7-part series will bring clarity and substance. Everyone is certainly talking about blockchain. But what is it, how does it work, and who are the companies and technologies that will be the next BlockChain SuperStars? Those are just some of the questions that will be addressed in a series that will be tackling every major issue facing this newly burgeoning industry."

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

legendary

legendary
I also like how the Dnote team is not trying to replace fiat, but is trying to augment it.  I see so many posts on other forums from crypto purists that want nothing to do with government regulations, taxes or fiat, but that is simply not practical.  With innovation comes regulation.  The best way to “game” the system, is to understand the system, play by the rules and always be a step ahead of the competition.

Those are my “deep” thoughts for the day.  Raining pretty hard here in Hakuba so I am taking time to catch up on posts.  Cheers all!

Thank you, 1Hakuba for your “deep” thoughts of the day. Your deep understanding of DNotes, and DNotes Global as they relate to the industry, our accomplishment, vision, overall strategies and execution is impressive.

Not many people understand the complexity of the major challenges confronting our industry and viable solutions needed before mass adoption of digital currency in global commerce can materialize. We have known these since day one - 4 ½ years ago that this is a major project of global scope and scale.

Here is quote from my book – “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success”

“The DNotes Story – An Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale

Introduction:

This is the true story of how DNotes founder Alan Yong’s vision, leadership, and winning strategies positioned the organization to best compete in a crowded and chaotic industry at its formative stage. The decentralized, “Wild West” nature of the industry is unforgiving – the lack of regulation, and the inability of centralized authorities to govern the cryptocurrency industry, makes it strategically vital to protect the business against unpredictable market movements. The DNotes story is unique in that a similar situation has not previously existed where so many challenges and uncertainties coincide with a new business startup in a nascent industry.

This chapter will showcase the development and execution of multiple business strategies and principles outlined in this publication. This is the story of a startup that began with a bold global ambition to revolutionize the controversial and well publicized cryptocurrency industry made famous by “Bitcoin”; possibly the greatest technological revolution since the internet.

Read more: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

It has been an exciting and demanding journey. The strategic path incorporated to accomplish our vision of an inclusive trusted digital currency to supplement global fiat currency is spot on. I am glad to have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours to share my thoughts in writing that are available for anyone interested to do deep research on our work. I am immensely grateful to many among our community who tirelessly contributed, shared, and expanded our missions as reflected in our ecosystems and future projects as outlined in our roadmap: https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/

Our hard work and relentless commitment to do the right thing, the right way, at the right time is beginning to pay off. DNotes and DNotes Global represented by Tim Goggin and myself will be among a few A-list participants in “Blockchain Super Stars.”

“BLOCK CHAIN SUPER STARS is an International Television Special where top A-list celebrities share their favorite CryptoCurrencies and BlockChain …. Technologies!”
http://nltvstudios.com/new-blockchain-series/

My plate is very full these days. I will continue to do my best to keep you posted on major projects when I have a chance. Thank you all for your continued support.

And would you look at that! DNotes' strategy for full regulatory compliance as a competitive advantage comes into full & immediate view. As you can see below, no ICOs, and the vast majority of crypto projects will not be able to advertise on Facebook's platform.

[from the article]

"Advertisers will need to obtain approval from the company, and certain ads – like those for initial coin offerings – will continue to be banned."

and:

"Advertisers wanting to run ads for cryptocurrency products and services must submit an application to help us assess their eligibility — including any licenses they have obtained, whether they are traded on a public stock exchange, and other relevant public background on their business.”

Now nearly no crytpocurrency projects have any form of legitimacy beyond their online forum. Nearly none have any licenses, none are traded or have separate private companies behind them that are or will be listed on public stock exchanges, and most have nearly nothing in terms of relevant public background to their business. DNotes and DNotes Global has a litany of public information available about the company, is in the process of SEC registration / exemption, and will be traded in public markets.

I expect other large platforms like Google / Youtube and others to follow Facebook's policy. The DNotes project's superior compliance and ability to be verified has now become a serious competitive advantage, and we will be able to advertise on mainstream platforms in a way that the competition can not.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
I also like how the Dnote team is not trying to replace fiat, but is trying to augment it.  I see so many posts on other forums from crypto purists that want nothing to do with government regulations, taxes or fiat, but that is simply not practical.  With innovation comes regulation.  The best way to “game” the system, is to understand the system, play by the rules and always be a step ahead of the competition.

Those are my “deep” thoughts for the day.  Raining pretty hard here in Hakuba so I am taking time to catch up on posts.  Cheers all!

That's a great point, and one worth repeating. The DNotes team has had the foresight to recognize that the most immediate benefit that digital currency can provide to the world is as a supplemental currency. Billions of people around the world need something better than existing fiat currencies can offer. They need something better than the existing financial industry wants to offer. They need real financial empowerment and an inclusive supplemental currency that can help them make their lives and their communities better.

No digital currency is going to quickly (or even slowly) achieve any of those goals by repeatedly butting heads with the current system. Regulation is a fact of life for businesses, with the only question being how much or how little regulation each industry endures. Those who want to ignore that reality and pretend as though they can create a new system without complying with laws, rules, and standards are destined to be disappointed.

Fortunately, DNotes is a different kind of digital currency, with a different kind of vision, and a different approach to regulation and fulfilling cryptocurrency's true promise. In the end, that will be why DNotes succeeds while others fall by the wayside.

Exciting times for Dnotes.  I was just thinking about how many large credit card issuers/banks were limiting and/or banning purchases of cryptocurrency and how Dnotes can fix this problem.  That’s where Dnotes Global comes in to play.  If you can’t get fiat banks to allow purchases/sales of cryptocurrency...create your own bank.  Tie that bank to the Dnote crypto exchange and you have a smooth one stop shop for conducting financial transactions.  Once that’s established, offer comprehensive banking solutions to online retailers where they can choose to accept Dnotes as a means of payment with the option of keeping the payment in Dnotes currency or having it seemlesly converted to fiat dollars, yen etc.  Pretty neat stuff.
legendary
Hi everyone. Thanks for keeping our community engaged.

Now that our Reg. D 506 (c) funding campaign is about to beginning I barely have time to keep up with some important stuff that I love to do., including posting on Telegram and other social media platforms. DNotes is getting a lot of attention worldwide, based on communication and feedback we are getting every day.

The best way you can contribute to DNotes success is to help keep our community informed and engaged – help to answer any questions when you can.

Those who have technical questions, it is best if you could use DNotes BitcoinTalk forum. That is the best way to reach our developers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.4780

Charlie Lee Says Tether’s 250 Million USDT Issuance May Be “Precursor” of Price Increase

https://dcebrief.com/charlie-lee-says-tethers-250-million-usdt-issuance-may-be-precursor-of-price-increase/

https://medium.com/coinmonks/untethered-tether-new-developments-f28c02ab5875

The above thread reveals some rather interesting connections about tether (and new information that has come to light). Shared for the interest of those here who may wish to understand the conversation better.

At the end of the day the only people who know the full story are those who are running the show. This really highlights some of the potential issues that the unbridled and arbitrary increase in the money supply can yield. When push comes to shove, it reveals another purpose behind our strategy to not 'peak too early'. By the time DNotes becomes a pre-eminent / big time crypto, much of the schemes that bad actors have followed to wildly affected Bitcoin as the reserve currency will likely no longer be possible, because regulators and investors will become much more sophisticated in their monitoring of markets. Until that time, new industries prove a fertile ground for bad actors to collude at the expense of everyone else. We have seen this many times already with the number of exchanges that ran away with customer funds, or 'got hacked'.
Will Cryptocurrency's Great Recession Turn into A Depression?

https://dcebrief.com/will-cryptocurrencys-great-recession-turn-into-a-depression/

That article was very thought provoking. The part that sticks with me most is where it says easy money tends to breed helplessness and dependency. That's an interesting paradox. The article is referring to all those project leaders who didn't spend all their ICO money wisely and as a result didn't really create any truly innovative product, and yet all the people who bought into their ICO are dependent on them.

My personal experience with easy money breeding helplessness was watching the markets go way up in January, and thinking, finally, the real worth of cryptocurrency is being recognized, but also thinking it was happening way too fast to be real. Then it started to fall, and each month that it declined you kind of wish you'd sold out the previous month but didn't want to sell out this month because you hoped it would rise.

I didn't have much invested in a coin that had a meteoric rise so I got lucky, and had already made back way more than my initial investment. Still, I really hated the feeling of having this wealth on paper that I was completely not in control of. It was all about the price. And then I recently found out that the rise wasn't even real, in the sense that it was the result of market manipulation. I definitely prefer to be a part of a project where the impact of speculation and market manipulation on the price is a much smaller part of the picture. I know that will always be part of it, but there has got to be something more solid, or like the article said, few investors really break even, let alone make money.

I agree that recession is helping to reveal true colors much sooner. We've already had some exposee type articles about the market manipulation, the Bitcoin cartel, etc. And we're finding out about all kinds of projects that are at best not ready for the big time yet but have a lot of money into them already.
I also agree that a major correction to the crypto market is very good.  There are so many coins that are, for a lack of a better word, garbage.  Yet, some of them have a market cap in in the millions of USD.  I have researched so, so many coins, and only Dnotes hits all the wickets of a good investment.  Sure, there are others that are ok, but, they in no way compare to Dnotes.  Investing in Dnotes is a no brainer.  Solid team, no hype, and focused on the end game.  I’m just happy that I, as well as most of you on this thread, connected the dots before the institutional investors (whales) get in.  I am confident Dnotes will outperform the competition.  And more importantly, will serve a legitimate purpose as a stable international currency.  

What a great messages 1Hakuba,

I can tell you with certainty that being on a different path to the competition, by carving it out yourself is much more difficult than copying what everybody else is doing in the hopes of quick returns. At the end of the day, if you follow the same path that everybody else is on, you all get to the same place. This forum has been for the longest time our communication vehicle to signal our quality for those who are prepared to do deep and thorough research, and we expect those who have placed their faith in us to be very pleased for doing so if we stick to our path, and relentlessly drive forward.

https://dcebrief.com/will-cryptocurrencys-great-recession-turn-into-a-depression/

That article was very thought provoking. The part that sticks with me most is where it says easy money tends to breed helplessness and dependency. That's an interesting paradox. The article is referring to all those project leaders who didn't spend all their ICO money wisely and as a result didn't really create any truly innovative product, and yet all the people who bought into their ICO are dependent on them.

My personal experience with easy money breeding helplessness was watching the markets go way up in January, and thinking, finally, the real worth of cryptocurrency is being recognized, but also thinking it was happening way too fast to be real. Then it started to fall, and each month that it declined you kind of wish you'd sold out the previous month but didn't want to sell out this month because you hoped it would rise.

I didn't have much invested in a coin that had a meteoric rise so I got lucky, and had already made back way more than my initial investment. Still, I really hated the feeling of having this wealth on paper that I was completely not in control of. It was all about the price. And then I recently found out that the rise wasn't even real, in the sense that it was the result of market manipulation. I definitely prefer to be a part of a project where the impact of speculation and market manipulation on the price is a much smaller part of the picture. I know that will always be part of it, but there has got to be something more solid, or like the article said, few investors really break even, let alone make money.

I agree that recession is helping to reveal true colors much sooner. We've already had some exposee type articles about the market manipulation, the Bitcoin cartel, etc. And we're finding out about all kinds of projects that are at best not ready for the big time yet but have a lot of money into them already.
I also agree that a major correction to the crypto market is very good.  There are so many coins that are, for a lack of a better word, garbage.  Yet, some of them have a market cap in in the millions of USD.  I have researched so, so many coins, and only Dnotes hits all the wickets of a good investment.  Sure, there are others that are ok, but, they in no way compare to Dnotes.  Investing in Dnotes is a no brainer.  Solid team, no hype, and focused on the end game.  I’m just happy that I, as well as most of you on this thread, connected the dots before the institutional investors (whales) get in.  I am confident Dnotes will outperform the competition.  And more importantly, will serve a legitimate purpose as a stable international currency. 
Charlie Lee Says Tether’s 250 Million USDT Issuance May Be “Precursor” of Price Increase

https://dcebrief.com/charlie-lee-says-tethers-250-million-usdt-issuance-may-be-precursor-of-price-increase/
legendary
I've thinking lately about how many people have contributed to the innovation of DNotes, but do not hold DNotes themselves. Even before DNotes existed these developers spent countless hours pioneering the software that DNotes evolved from, but in all likelihood the majority of them own no DNotes themselves. What does the community think about setting up a "DNotes Pioneer Fund" - a donation based fund (maybe held in trust by DNotes global) to compensate those who have made contributions https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/graphs/contributors

We always like to reward contributors to DNotes success as well as mindful of investors and the impact our actions have on them. As of right now our plates are overflowing, but eventually I think it would be a good idea to reach out to these people, gauge their interest before committing.

I'm all for this idea, once the other priority projects are taken care of.

I sure hope anyone who is part of the technical development for DNotes will be able to connect the dots well enough to buy some of their own.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
DNotesVault deposits are offline temporarily while we run a few upgrades in the background.

DNotesVault deposits are back online now.
Activity: 128
I'm really enjoying the content you guys are putting out at DNotesEdu. I have submitted the request to add Mercatox and Stocks Exchange trading pairs to Coin Market Cap. It is important that we have sustainable volume as well.

Thank you very much for the compliment tuhan123. The DNotes team and community have always put educating others high on the priority list - even before DNotesEDU started up in 2015.
Jump to: