Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 118. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Recognizing the considerable exposure opportunity and their interest in DNotes and DNotes Global, we made the difficult decision to go ahead despite our already over full plates. They are very interested to feature DNotes along with other solid blockchain projects that deserve and need to be highlighted in our industry. It is very clear they have a deeply rooted interest in the industry and wish to make everyone aware of the amazing things that are happening in blockchain.

We are currently in the process of working with their team and filming the interview segments. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let everyone know.

I agree it was a good decision to go for it. I think it will give DNotes and DNotes Global the type of exposure beyond the current group of people involved in cryptocurrencies, and that will help pave the way for mass adoption worldwide.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
We have been filming for the blockchain super stars documentary

https://bitcoinmarketshare.com/blockchain-superstars-tv-series/

I just saw this today. Super cool! Anything more you can mention on the show? The article gave a nice teaser, but there was little on detail. Documentary or journalistic type show? Reality TV type of thing? Apprentice-style competition? Other?
That's all we know so far but will update the information as we find out more. Perhaps someone at DNotes can fill in the blanks for us?

Recognizing the considerable exposure opportunity and their interest in DNotes and DNotes Global, we made the difficult decision to go ahead despite our already over full plates. They are very interested to feature DNotes along with other solid blockchain projects that deserve and need to be highlighted in our industry. It is very clear they have a deeply rooted interest in the industry and wish to make everyone aware of the amazing things that are happening in blockchain.

We are currently in the process of working with their team and filming the interview segments. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let everyone know.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

I just saw this today. Super cool! Anything more you can mention on the show? The article gave a nice teaser, but there was little on detail. Documentary or journalistic type show? Reality TV type of thing? Apprentice-style competition? Other?
That's all we know so far but will update the information as we find out more. Perhaps someone at DNotes can fill in the blanks for us?
legendary
DNotes
Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

legendary
DNotes
Activity: 207
Merit: 100

I just saw this today. Super cool! Anything more you can mention on the show? The article gave a nice teaser, but there was little on detail. Documentary or journalistic type show? Reality TV type of thing? Apprentice style competition? Other?
legendary
DNotes
Nd now, something completly different:

Smokey's Daylilies doing well in Maryland. Happy by the Bay:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oty1oiHssvUOZ5i-3ndQDL_k2S_noZ9W?usp=sharing

Awesome RJF, thanks for sharing! It is just about blooming season, I hope to have time to visit the gardens in full bloom.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Whooo I have seen there is a really nice increase in price and volume of DNotes Grin It is by my opinion still undervalued, but it is nice to see it gaining value and volume.

It seems that finally more people started to notice the great work of the team behind the coin and recognized that they know what they are doing and can be trusted, as I was saying for a long time now Cool

There could be a bunch of reasons why DNotes is beginning to rise at the exchanges. My main guess would be that high net-worth potential investors in our Reg D may be taking notice, and deciding to invest in DNotes currency. We have been filming for the blockchain super stars documentary which could also play a role. That said, given the price rises, DNotes still remains incredibly undervalued, and DNotes will continue to grow as we gain increased exposure and list on more exchanges.
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Nd now, something completly different:

Smokey's Daylilies doing well in Maryland. Happy by the Bay:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oty1oiHssvUOZ5i-3ndQDL_k2S_noZ9W?usp=sharing
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
Whooo I have seen there is a really nice increase in price and volume of DNotes Grin It is by my opinion still undervalued, but it is nice to see it gaining value and volume.

It seems that finally more people started to notice the great work of the team behind the coin and recognized that they know what they are doing and can be trusted, as I was saying for a long tie now Cool
Hello guys,

why DNotes is still not listed on Coinmarketcap? The exchanges are not recognized by CMC?

Hi hughjays77,

We have made the requests to coinmarketcap to get us relisted there. Mercatox is for the record recognised by CMC. The reason we are likely not relisted there is the fact that they appear to have an unwritten 100k daily volume requirement now. That said, we used to be listed there, and we were only delisted because of Yobit and Trade By Trade exchanges sending buggy data to them (instead of just removing their markets from our coin, they just delisted), our history there in itself should make us entitled to take our old spot back. Not so sure they're seeing it that way.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
Hello guys,

why DNotes is still not listed on Coinmarketcap? The exchanges are not recognized by CMC?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I see that sharing my experiences with Mercatox has generated some discussion. I just want to clarify that what I experienced (good and bad) is real, but I don't feel I have enough information to make any kind of accusations. I saw what seemed to me to be strange trading patterns and I certainly wasn't used to them. But I don't know the reason so don't want to assume.

I am looking to switch all my webhosting needs from the rather large hosting company I've been using for years to a smaller local business owned by a good friend mainly because I've come to value the personal touch and I also have been experiencing weird technical glitches in the service provided by this company that was negatively impacting me (and the technical support people didn't seem willing or able to try to actually solve these problems). Anyway, so as I was talking to my friend about the issues, he said that it's very likely that the "under the hood" stuff just isn't built optimally, maybe kind of cobbled together a bit as the company scaled up and that sort of thing can lead to all kinds of interesting glitches. Pretty much what Joe (DNotes) said in response to me sharing my unexpected Mercatox experiences and insinuating that maybe there was something not on the up and up.

Well it turns out that with computer stuff apparently this happens a lot. As a non-coder and non-programmer, I tend to think of any service involving a computer as something mathematical, that if it works a certain way in one situation, it should work that way consistently across the board, and that it should work regardless of the scale. It turns out in reality that's simply not true. Depending on how you set up your web-based platform, scaling can be very easy or it could be a literal nightmare. I've seen scaling issues pretty much everywhere I've looked in the block chain world. I sometimes write on Steemit, and it has a number of apps built on top of it. I've used a few of them and they're glitchy. They don't always work and there doesn't seem to be an explanation for why they don't always work. Ask anyone who's tried to run a token on another coin's block chain, and there are often issues that need to be troubleshooted. Maybe this is common with a new industry and the technology will improve over time. DNotes Global will certainly do their part to raise the bar on how the technology works. Currently there is a lot of room for improvement.

With Mercatox, I have never had an issue with withdrawing my funds (other than the 0.5 BTC daily limit which is currently a pain in, well you know where). I feel like I've more or less adapted to the unique quirks of the DNotes/BTC market on Mercatox. I basically have to be willing to pay more than the highest bid for my coins as there really aren't a whole lot for sale at any given time, and I'm also dealing with a rapidly increasing price (which in the long run is absolutely wonderful, just makes buying tougher now). So, regardless of the reasons for the weirdness I observed, I believe I have adapted and am still successfully buying DNotes on Mercatox and hope to be finished with that soon. 

I just wanted to post my thoughts as I really don't intend to start any sort of anti-Mercatox movement. I think scaling issues is the most likely explanation for what I've noticed.  And I think the efforts of DNotes Global to run an exchange that doesn't have those issues will be a huge step forward for everyone.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Mercatox is shady. No bad experiences with them myself as I have avoided them based on the experiences of others but mercatox has a long history of shady practices that are well documented especially when the price of XRB (now Nano) climbed exponentially in December. People had their coins locked up for months on there. I would not be surprised at all if what you are noticing is very real. I would also advise not using mercatox moving forward.

I don't think this is correct at all.

And I can say that with near certainty, since I was buying up RaiBlocks/Nano at exactly that time. Mercatox was fantastic. Still is. BitGrail was the other exchange that was active with Nano, and that turned out to be a gigantic scam. https://cointelegraph.com/news/strange-twists-and-turns-of-nano-and-bitgrail-since-the-150-mln-hack

I got lucky with BitGrail and was able to withdraw my Nano. But I think you may be mixing up the two exchanges.

Wanted to clear that up so the community can hear another data point, one based on of months of direct, personal experience, as opposed to hearsay.

As always, stay informed and make up your own mind tho. Stay safe out there.
Mercatox is shady. No bad experiences with them myself as I have avoided them based on the experiences of others but mercatox has a long history of shady practices that are well documented especially when the price of XRB (now Nano) climbed exponentially in December. People had their coins locked up for months on there. I would not be surprised at all if what you are noticing is very real. I would also advise not using mercatox moving forward.

I'm bummed to hear that. I really hope that it can all be explained by scaling up and other technical issues, but I hear you. I'll keep watching as long as I'm trading there. It still has the best volume for BTC/NOTE. However, I have found that with patience I can buy DNotes a lot cheaper on Stocks.exchange. I'm trading on both.

My verification on Mercatox is pending so I can only withdraw 0.5 BTC every 24 hours, but other than that, I have had no issue with withdrawing either BTC or NOTE. Right now BTC wallet is in maintenance.

We have always believed trust will play a major role in digital currency mass adoption. This is part of the reason we created the DNotesVault and ask users not to store your coins on exchanges if you are not actively trading them.

You can search any exchange and add the word scam to it and find hundreds of scam accusations and problems reported, even the most clearly legitimate ones like coinbase. Not to undermine anyone's real experiences and issues, there are real problems and we intend to help alleviate those issues. I'm sure many of you who have been around for a while can attest, we could fill the forum with stories. For now, all we can do is work with what we got while working toward something better.

All of that is true - even Coinbase has been accused of scamming customers, and I think they're honestly trying to do things the right way. Of course, valid complaints are common in almost every industry, since no company every gets things right 100% of the time. Perfection is a goal that always remains just outside our reach. So, it's no surprise to see crypto exchanges making mistakes. And, given the present maturity level of the industry, scams shouldn't surprise anyone either. Heck, the internet has been around for decades, and there are still website scams out there.

The real problem is that so few of these exchanges have demonstrated a plan or ability to properly handle legitimate customer concerns. Sure, I can call Coinbase to talk about problems - NOW. But it took them time to ramp up their customer service and add some of those response options, and that delay can lock in some people's negative perceptions. A little more foresight would have helped to avoid some of that ill will.

Fortunately, DNotes Global is doing everything with a well-conceived strategy in mind. Can anyone here imagine a DNotes exchange where you would have to wait a week to get a question answered? Can you even begin to imagine a DNotes exchange where your funds were in limbo and your concerns were left unaddressed for days while the team prioritized new user signups rather than securing your holdings?

Not a chance.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Coinbase, Peter Thiel Back New ‘Reserve’ Stablecoin
https://cryptoslate.com/coinbase-peter-thiel-back-new-reserve-stablecoin/

With the rise in popular interest, the cryptocurrency sector has seen several stablecoins emerge in decentralized and centralized forms. Backed by Coinbase and Peter Thiel, Reserve stablecoin is the latest addition to the digital asset marketplace.

A Next-Gen Stablecoin
Based in San Fransisco, Reserve stablecoin raised $5 million in its seed round from over 40 funds and angel investors, including PayPal founder Peter Thiel, Coinbase Exchange, GSR.IO and Distributed Global.

Unlike Tether and TrueUSD, Reserve uses a fully decentralized, future growth-backed stablecoin model to achieve a 1:1 parity with the US Dollar.

The Reserve protocol will be open source at launch and use a smart contract called Vault to securely store its cryptocurrency collateral.

Using both external digital assets and internal shares to offer stability, Reserve places an emphasis on transparency through decentralization.

In a company blog post, Reserve Co-founder Nevin Freeman said:

“If a future growth-backed stablecoin does reach this state of stable equilibrium, it has the benefit of being totally decentralized and thus censorship resistant.”

Although transparent, the use of a decentralized model and hence external backing by digital assets is inherently difficult to sustain, as the assets backing a stable currency are volatile. Reserve must maintain collateral balances at two to three times the parity value to compensate for future price variation.

In an interview with CCN, Freeman noted:

“There is still a tail-risk that in a black swan event these assets could lose nearly all of their value, and that’s why we aim to create a diversified pool through securitized assets.”

Stablecoins: Gateway to Crypto Mass Adoption
The 20-member team behind the Reserve protocol includes engineers from Google, OpenAI, and former SEC Commissioner Paul Atkins. With current cryptocurrencies being too volatile for use in daily transactions, many believe the introduction of a successful stablecoin will be the beginning of mass adoption.

Freeman wrote in a blog post released June 19:

“I believe stable cryptocurrencies will be the first introduction to crypto for millions or billions of people.”

Several stablecoins are competing to overtake the controversial Tether and become the leading stablecoin for global frictionless value exchange, everyday payments, and more.

Another new pegged currency to add to the list that includes Tether, TrueUSD and many more around the world - https://www.investmentfrontier.com/2013/02/19/investors-list-countries-with-fixed-currency-exchange-rates/. However, the team behind this is extremely high profile, so I would expect them to make waves for better or worse. It's funny how much of their mantra and pitch sounds like it came from DNotes Global, who is in fact a private company and not an open source cryptocurrency.

I'm bummed to hear that. I really hope that it can all be explained by scaling up and other technical issues, but I hear you. I'll keep watching as long as I'm trading there. It still has the best volume for BTC/NOTE. However, I have found that with patience I can buy DNotes a lot cheaper on Stocks.exchange. I'm trading on both.

My verification on Mercatox is pending so I can only withdraw 0.5 BTC every 24 hours, but other than that, I have had no issue with withdrawing either BTC or NOTE. Right now BTC wallet is in maintenance.

We have always believed trust will play a major role in digital currency mass adoption. This is part of the reason we created the DNotesVault and ask users not to store your coins on exchanges if you are not actively trading them.

You can search any exchange and add the word scam to it and find hundreds of scam accusations and problems reported, even the most clearly legitimate ones like coinbase. Not to undermine anyone's real experiences and issues, there are real problems and we intend to help alleviate those issues. I'm sure many of you who have been around for a while can attest, we could fill the forum with stories. For now, all we can do is work with what we got while working toward something better.

You make an excellent point Joe. I've yet to hear of any exchange where there haven't been a litany of user issues and accusations of unethical activity (which most people quickly jump to whenever something cannot be easily explained). That said, some exchanges are patently garbage -- slow, unresponsive and running away with or trading with user funds on their own platform. These exchanges are much worse than the others.

One thing I can attest to however, is the worryingly low level of competency & ethical practices followed by exchanges in this industry. As Joe said before, we plan to be one of the first groups to build enterprise-grade exchanges that will eliminate many of the criticisms cryptocurrency users have today by following ethical practices. We will be one of the only groups around that will have shareholders to answer to, and this means a certain level of fiduciary responsibility.

DNotes is here to make its mark on the industry -- from currency, to exchanges, to news & education, through to loans and debit card solutions. We plan to pull the industry up to the new level that is deserving of the technologies potential.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Charlie Lee Says Tether’s 250 Million USDT Issuance May Be “Precursor” of Price Increase

https://dcebrief.com/charlie-lee-says-tethers-250-million-usdt-issuance-may-be-precursor-of-price-increase/

Charlie Lee was right, the 250 million dollars in quantitative easing printed by Tether has had a profound short term effect on cryptocurrency valuations.
Jump to: