Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 120. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
We are listed on a brand new exchange, ListEx.io
https://dashboard.listex.io/trading/notebtc

So far I have been able to test deposits of both BTC and NOTE, in small amounts, and also setup some buy and sell orders. It would be great if some of you would be able to test sending some small amounts there, trading, and doing withdrawals.
Well done, Dnotes team.
I would like to propose the following exchange, which is located in Singapore for Dnotes:
https://www.ooobtc.com/trading

Hi DarkKnightNeverDie,

We investigated listing on ooobtc already, and found that they might not be the best fit for us at the current time.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
So I had another Mercatox moment today. A few hours ago I placed a limit buy order of 25,000 DNotes for 620 Satoshi. At the time there was a standing sell order of 400 DNotes for 620 Satoshi. So as soon as I placed the order I immediately bought 400 DNotes and that eliminated all sell orders for 620. Not too long after that, A sell of 25,084.1 DNotes at 620 Satoshi executed. But not one bit of my standing limit order at that price was filled. It still sits on the order book at 24,600 DNotes for 620 Satoshi and it might never fill because the price has been going nowhere but up all day. Since placing that order triggered the standing sell order to fill, I would think that meant my order was first in line. But instead, some other order filled first, and mine still sits there waiting.

How is this explained by technical difficulties?

I see no other orders for 620 Satoshi and haven't for hours. As far as I know, my order is the only one, and if there were invisible orders, mine had to be first. And yet, it wasn't the first to fill when someone else sold more than the amount I'd ordered at that price.

I feel like I'm playing by a set of rules I do not understand. Is anyone else trading on Mercatox? Could you share some insight?

Depends how orders are filled. If you don't specify in which order orders are filled, they could fill in any order or default to newest to oldest. However I'm not arguing your issues are technical, the only ones who would truly know is mercatox. I do not see how an exchange would benefit from doing this intentionally either. I am just offering an alternative explanation that may not be so nefarious.

I would recommend opening a support ticket to explain your experiences. This link seems to be working.
https://support.mercatox.com/

Thanks for the insight, and I'm really not trying to be a party pooper. Just observed some strange (to me) exchange behavior, and I will choose to take the view that these are unintentional technical things. I hear what you were saying earlier about it taking a lot "under the hood" to make an exchange truly work properly especially when lots of people are using it at the same time. I'm really looking forward to the DNotes Global exchange Smiley

There was a very brief flash crash before the price just went up by another 100 Satoshi, so in the end I got those orders filled and I'm already in profit.

Thanks for the link to support--it works. I will open up a ticket if I have any more trouble.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
We are listed on a brand new exchange, ListEx.io
https://dashboard.listex.io/trading/notebtc

So far I have been able to test deposits of both BTC and NOTE, in small amounts, and also setup some buy and sell orders. It would be great if some of you would be able to test sending some small amounts there, trading, and doing withdrawals.
ANOTHER large order at 620 Satoshis just executed and my limit order was again untouched!

This is crazy!

What is Mercatox up to?

EDIT: I cleared my history and 7900 of my order filled. So maybe all the imaginary buyers ahead of me have their orders filled and it's really my turn now?

I would contact support except that the support page won't load. I'm going to later try a different browser and see if maybe it's just not working as well as it should with chrome.

These are just new problems for me and it's not like I'm a novice trader!

I was observing what you mentioned on Mercatox as well.  Not sure if it’s just a glitch in their system or our browsers.  I’m just happy I was able to add to my position when Dnote was first listed on Stocks.com and Mercatox. 

What’s really exciting is that, IMO, most of the Dnotes float is being held tightly by serious investors and will more than likely stay that way until market buys reflect what Dnotes is truly worth.  If I’m correct, we could see a major upswing in the worth of Dnotes relatively soon.  With almost 100 mil coins in the Vault, 20 million held by Dnotes Global and most likely a bunch of coins tucked away in personal wallets, leaves maybe 20 million on exchanges.  If deep pocket investors want to buy Dnotes, which I’m sure they will, they will have to up the buy price quite a bit from current levels to get them.  It’s really been quite a ride owning Dnotes for the past couple years, and it is just getting started!

Thank you very much for your thoughts 1Hakuba.

I would agree that the bulk of the people who own DNotes do it as a serious and long-term investment. This investment is one where we have the realistic expectation that the DNotes will never actually need to be liquidated back into fiat because we believe in the mission that DNotes will achieve its goal in becoming a usable, mainstream currency. If you go back to our old forum you will be able to read us purposefully discussing how we were looking to attract investors with a long-term outlook, and that to do so required some level of flying under the radar and to avoid creating hype until our achievements backed it up (a strategy it seems only we pursued). By attracting these long-term investors and winning minds for what is possible in the future, we actually over time create a more stable economy for the future that has the potential to grow. This is in stark contrast to projects that may have wanted immediate gratification in hype to build up their coin price with nothing to hold it there. These were the types of projects that were only ever created to serve as pump and dumps for short-term gain, and were never anything close to an 'investment'.

Our forum has been the vehicle that we have used to create a consistent message for anybody to read about what our plans are during that phase. Everything we have done or are planning to do, and the strategies and philosophy behind our decisions have been chronicled in this forum and the old DNotes thread for the benefit of discerning long-term investors.
legendary
DNotes
Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
So I had another Mercatox moment today. A few hours ago I placed a limit buy order of 25,000 DNotes for 620 Satoshi. At the time there was a standing sell order of 400 DNotes for 620 Satoshi. So as soon as I placed the order I immediately bought 400 DNotes and that eliminated all sell orders for 620. Not too long after that, A sell of 25,084.1 DNotes at 620 Satoshi executed. But not one bit of my standing limit order at that price was filled. It still sits on the order book at 24,600 DNotes for 620 Satoshi and it might never fill because the price has been going nowhere but up all day. Since placing that order triggered the standing sell order to fill, I would think that meant my order was first in line. But instead, some other order filled first, and mine still sits there waiting.

I see no other orders for 620 Satoshi and haven't for hours. As far as I know, my order is the only one, and if there were invisible orders, mine had to be first. And yet, it wasn't the first to fill when someone else sold more than the amount I'd ordered at that price.

I feel like I'm playing by a set of rules I do not understand. Is anyone else trading on Mercatox? Could you share some insight?

Depends how orders are filled. If you don't specify in which order orders are filled, they could fill in any order or default to newest to oldest. However I'm not arguing your issues are technical, the only ones who would truly know is mercatox. I do not see how an exchange would benefit from doing this intentionally either. I am just offering an alternative explanation that may not be so nefarious.

I would recommend opening a support ticket to explain your experiences. This link seems to be working.
https://support.mercatox.com/
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
ANOTHER large order at 620 Satoshis just executed and my limit order was again untouched!

This is crazy!

What is Mercatox up to?

EDIT: I cleared my history and 7900 of my order filled. So maybe all the imaginary buyers ahead of me have their orders filled and it's really my turn now?

I would contact support except that the support page won't load. I'm going to later try a different browser and see if maybe it's just not working as well as it should with chrome.

I was observing what you mentioned on Mercatox as well.  Not sure if it’s just a glitch in their system or our browsers.  I’m just happy I was able to add to my position when Dnote was first listed on Stocks.com and Mercatox. 

What’s really exciting is that, IMO, most of the Dnotes float is being held tightly by serious investors and will more than likely stay that way until market buys reflect what Dnotes is truly worth.  If I’m correct, we could see a major upswing in the worth of Dnotes relatively soon.  With almost 100 mil coins in the Vault, 20 million held by Dnotes Global and most likely a bunch of coins tucked away in personal wallets, leaves maybe 20 million on exchanges.  If deep pocket investors want to buy Dnotes, which I’m sure they will, they will have to up the buy price quite a bit from current levels to get them.  It’s really been quite a ride owning Dnotes for the past couple years, and it is just getting started!

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
The crypto discussion at the Senate subcommittee hearing yesterday is just another reminder of why DNotes' commitment to doing things the right way is going to be so important going forward. Lawmakers and regulators are focusing more attention than ever on this industry, and taking note of legally dubious companies and practices. Meanwhile, the DNotes team has been focused like a laser on complying with laws and regulations - and establishing a reputation of trust and legitimacy that few digital currency projects will be able to match.

This is the type of project that Scott Dueweke was talking about when he suggested that policymakers encourage "the growth of new virtual currencies that are committed to proper compliance with the law." When government eventually moves to rein in the industry's worst impulses, DNotes will be well-positioned to survive and thrive even as others fall by the wayside.

https://dcebrief.com/cybersecurity-expert-crypto-could-be-used-for-foreign-meddling-in-us-elections/

legendary

This is crazy!

What is Mercatox up to?

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Cybersecurity Expert: Crypto Could Be Used for Foreign Meddling in US Elections

https://dcebrief.com/cybersecurity-expert-crypto-could-be-used-for-foreign-meddling-in-us-elections/
legendary

Our hard work and relentless commitment to do the right thing, the right way, at the right time is beginning to pay off. DNotes and DNotes Global represented by Tim Goggin and myself will be among a few A-list participants in “Blockchain Super Stars.”

“BLOCK CHAIN SUPER STARS is an International Television Special where top A-list celebrities share their favorite CryptoCurrencies and BlockChain …. Technologies!”

http://nltvstudios.com/new-blockchain-series/

You're quite right Alan. DNotes being selected as one of very few A-list participants in the TV show "Blockchain Super Stars" is a great privilege, and I'm looking very forward to filming my segments later over the next couple of days. Our selection will lead to a huge amount of exposure, and tell the DNotes story and what makes us different to all the "me too" projects out there that are just imitating the business model of the project before them.

Blockchain Super Stars will be aired in more than 50 countries, and will have coverage in every location within the USA. The show will interview select experts from across the blockchain / crypto industry, and various celebrities about their favourite projects and involvement in the industry. This is an opportunity that we will make the most of.

The Blockchain Super Stars press release can be found here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/NLTV-In-Production-for-the-Global-Premiere-of-BLOCKCHAIN-SUPERSTARS-International-TV-Series-20180615

The introduction is below:

"The elite producer of award winning business and entertainment television programming, NLTV, is at it again...this time with the production of the world's first Blockchain Television Series. NLTV will be bringing some of the Blockchain Industry's top experts and Hollywood's brightest A-list superstars into the living rooms of every day Americans during a major Television Special Event Program that will be distributed nationally in all 220 major DMA's in the U.S. and also to over 50 countries internationally this Fall called: BLOCKCHAIN SUPERSTARS.

In the block chain industry known for its complexity and, unfortunately, even its' hype, this 7-part series will bring clarity and substance. Everyone is certainly talking about blockchain. But what is it, how does it work, and who are the companies and technologies that will be the next BlockChain SuperStars? Those are just some of the questions that will be addressed in a series that will be tackling every major issue facing this newly burgeoning industry."

Although I'm excited about the opportunity for DNotes the main issue will be "Its looks like a great product, but you currently can't buy it on any exchange that has a large volume". So what will you say in order to combat that issue and not sound like some salesman with future promises like all of the other companies that have ICO's. What will your answer be if some star or the host asks you where can I buy a large amount now? Just asking so you can be prepared every and any question. With the market being in question about everything (volume, prices, etc) I think people need an exchange that is trusted because there is doubt with every exchange (Mercatox for example as explained by Wiser).

Hey Chezzz,

The films highlight our expertise in our area and chronicle the challenges and trends we see within the industry. The show also at the same time happens to promote our projects since we will talk about what we are doing. The interview is much less of a "go to this exchange to buy our crypto". It's more the type of show where we talk about DNotes, what makes us different, the regulatory environment, why we went with Reg A+ Mini IPO over an ICO, what DNotes Global's mission and vision is etc. The onus will be on viewers to search for DNotes and find exchanges that we are listed on. We are aware of the questions already, since for example, my segment must be filmed in Australia and sent to the USA.

Even if DNotes is not on a "huge exchange", it doesn't stop anybody from buying it who wants to. We will be listed on more & larger exchanges over time -- in fact Mercatox has higher volume now than we were getting on Cryptopia. I've been happy with Mercatox thus far, and we're looking forward to listing on more exchanges -- this is an inevitability, and our financial strength to negotiate with larger exchanges may change quite soon. This is the kind of interview that establishes us as leaders which massively boosts brand recognition, and by proxy consumer interest, demand, and exchange knowledge of who we are. These all work to give DNotes more pull to list on larger exchanges, and it's very possible that DNotes will already be listed on exchanges with large liquidity available by the time the show airs in the fall.

Thanks for weighing in. That is really good to know that there is a good chance it could simply be technical difficulties. If the order books simply aren't properly updating, that would explain a lot. TeeGee suggested I refresh my page, but I already do that constantly. There are clearly either orders posted that I am not seeing or random trades that execute from two bots buying and selling at the exact same price at the exact same time. It's times like this that I wish I were more savvy about the technical issues. I know a lot of exchanges have had issues with scaling up. I never traded on Mercatox before DNotes got listed so I'm not even sure if this is a new problem for them or an old one.

I'm really looking  forward to trading on the DNotes Global exchange once it's ready. I know your software development team will really hammer it out to make sure there aren't those weird technical issues. Then when word gets out about that, YOU had better be ready to scale up!

Most welcome wiser. We are actively planning the exchange, and it has the potential to be a significantly more complex and holistic model than most if not all exchanges out there. The back-end processes will be very complicated in terms of logic and technical design to maximize security, but also make the customer facing components of it as easy and simple for the user as possible. I'm currently spending now more than 50% of my time breakdown on the exchange ecosystem logic. I can't give any more in depth details as they could come across as committal to a final design.  
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Our hard work and relentless commitment to do the right thing, the right way, at the right time is beginning to pay off. DNotes and DNotes Global represented by Tim Goggin and myself will be among a few A-list participants in “Blockchain Super Stars.”

“BLOCK CHAIN SUPER STARS is an International Television Special where top A-list celebrities share their favorite CryptoCurrencies and BlockChain …. Technologies!”

http://nltvstudios.com/new-blockchain-series/

You're quite right Alan. DNotes being selected as one of very few A-list participants in the TV show "Blockchain Super Stars" is a great privilege, and I'm looking very forward to filming my segments later over the next couple of days. Our selection will lead to a huge amount of exposure, and tell the DNotes story and what makes us different to all the "me too" projects out there that are just imitating the business model of the project before them.

Blockchain Super Stars will be aired in more than 50 countries, and will have coverage in every location within the USA. The show will interview select experts from across the blockchain / crypto industry, and various celebrities about their favourite projects and involvement in the industry. This is an opportunity that we will make the most of.

The Blockchain Super Stars press release can be found here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/NLTV-In-Production-for-the-Global-Premiere-of-BLOCKCHAIN-SUPERSTARS-International-TV-Series-20180615

The introduction is below:

"The elite producer of award winning business and entertainment television programming, NLTV, is at it again...this time with the production of the world's first Blockchain Television Series. NLTV will be bringing some of the Blockchain Industry's top experts and Hollywood's brightest A-list superstars into the living rooms of every day Americans during a major Television Special Event Program that will be distributed nationally in all 220 major DMA's in the U.S. and also to over 50 countries internationally this Fall called: BLOCKCHAIN SUPERSTARS.

In the block chain industry known for its complexity and, unfortunately, even its' hype, this 7-part series will bring clarity and substance. Everyone is certainly talking about blockchain. But what is it, how does it work, and who are the companies and technologies that will be the next BlockChain SuperStars? Those are just some of the questions that will be addressed in a series that will be tackling every major issue facing this newly burgeoning industry."

Although I'm excited about the opportunity for DNotes the main issue will be "Its looks like a great product, but you currently can't buy it on any exchange that has a large volume". So what will you say in order to combat that issue and not sound like some salesman with future promises like all of the other companies that have ICO's. What will your answer be if some star or the host asks you where can I buy a large amount now? Just asking so you can be prepared every and any question. With the market being in question about everything (volume, prices, etc) I think people need an exchange that is trusted because there is doubt with every exchange (Mercatox for example as explained by Wiser).
legendary
So I've had some issues trading on Mercatox. I'm still trying to buy DNotes and get a good price for them, so I've been watching the BTC/NOTE market pretty closely. I've noticed a few things that bother me.

1. Often, there will be trades executed for which there were no prior orders on the books. One time recently I had a buy order of DNotes at 598 Satoshi. It was the only buy order at that price and had been sitting on the books for several hours. Well, there was a buy or sell for approximately that same amount and guess what, not one single bit of my order filled! I was wondering where that other standing order had come from. This is at least the second time something similar happened. Mostly, it's other prices that simply aren't listed on the books.

2. I asked in the exchange trollbox if Mercatox has hidden orders and explained briefly what I'd observed. A bunch of people weighed in saying they'd noticed the same thing and it bothered them too. Some theorized that it had to do with links to markets on other exchanges, but no one really knew. One person mentioned he'd even filed a complaint with the exchange.

Is there a realistic explanation for what I'm observing? I'm finding it really frustrating because I feel as if I'm not being given complete information about the BTC/NOTE market on Mercatox, which means I'm basically trading blindly.

I read an article recently which accused some exchanges of inflating their trading volumes and I've wondered if randomly throwing in fake trades might be one way to do that. However, I'm really hoping there is a much better explanation for this. I would like to know what's going on so that I can trade with more complete information.

Hi, wiser. I am sorry to learn about your frustrating experience trying to buy DNotes at Mercatox. Frankly, I had wanted to sign up for an account but did not find the time to do so. Here is one I can not come with an explanation.

I have personally, experienced "odd" tradings at other exchanges, including Poloniex where I purchased the most of my DNotes holding. I purchased ever single DNotes that I own. Sadly I have lost a substantial number of DNotes various exchanges - Crypto Rush, MintPal, Allcoins, and Crypsy that disappeared. I clearly have issues with exchanges in our industry.

I'm sorry to learn about your "odd" trading experiences, Alan. It sounds like those experiences have been costly. I can't say I've lost anything on those other exchanges. I lucked out and pulled out of Cryptsy before it went down (other than dust). I guess I lost some affiliate earnings on Allcoin because they automatically deposited to a defunct Allcoin address (but I blame myself for that and it's water under the bridge). A year ago, I really wasn't that much of a player so probably my trades were all normal even if the platforms were doing weird things.

The Mercatox thing is throwing me for a loop, though. I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% convinced that the DNotes volume is all real there, though I don't want to start accusing prematurely. It just has a weird feel to it, and like I said, there are so many executed trades which seem to come out of nowhere. Maybe since a lot of people trade with bots nowadays, they don't notice, but I haven't gotten any bots yet (anyone want to help me with that?), so I actually watch the markets I'm trading on, and yes, I do notice stuff that seems out of the ordinary. I usually trade on BitTrex and I've never seen anything like it there.

Wiser, I think you would have to contact Mercatox to figure out what is happening.  If you aren’t satisfied, I would try stocks exchange for your Dnote  trading.  Also, be sceptical of what anyone says on the chat room/troll box.

After spending a great deal of time studying exchanges, knowing that one day we will want our own, I've come to realize there is a vast array of technical challenges and issues that pop up. Not many of these issues surface on the real stocks exchanges, because of all of the work done to minimize and reduce these issues, which just shows how advanced these stocks exchanges are. That said, it may be reasonable to assume there is some manipulation, but it also reasonable to determine many of these issues that arise are not nefarious in nature.

With hundreds or thousands of people are trading on the same web platform while being attacked every second of every day, keeping everything orchestrated in perfect communication is quite the challenge. There is some contrary evidence as well to indicate it may not be anything nefarious.

Thanks for weighing in. That is really good to know that there is a good chance it could simply be technical difficulties. If the order books simply aren't properly updating, that would explain a lot. TeeGee suggested I refresh my page, but I already do that constantly. There are clearly either orders posted that I am not seeing or random trades that execute from two bots buying and selling at the exact same price at the exact same time. It's times like this that I wish I were more savvy about the technical issues. I know a lot of exchanges have had issues with scaling up. I never traded on Mercatox before DNotes got listed so I'm not even sure if this is a new problem for them or an old one.

I'm really looking  forward to trading on the DNotes Global exchange once it's ready. I know your software development team will really hammer it out to make sure there aren't those weird technical issues. Then when word gets out about that, YOU had better be ready to scale up!
legendary
DNotes
Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
So I've had some issues trading on Mercatox. I'm still trying to buy DNotes and get a good price for them, so I've been watching the BTC/NOTE market pretty closely. I've noticed a few things that bother me.

1. Often, there will be trades executed for which there were no prior orders on the books. One time recently I had a buy order of DNotes at 598 Satoshi. It was the only buy order at that price and had been sitting on the books for several hours. Well, there was a buy or sell for approximately that same amount and guess what, not one single bit of my order filled! I was wondering where that other standing order had come from. This is at least the second time something similar happened. Mostly, it's other prices that simply aren't listed on the books.

2. I asked in the exchange trollbox if Mercatox has hidden orders and explained briefly what I'd observed. A bunch of people weighed in saying they'd noticed the same thing and it bothered them too. Some theorized that it had to do with links to markets on other exchanges, but no one really knew. One person mentioned he'd even filed a complaint with the exchange.

Is there a realistic explanation for what I'm observing? I'm finding it really frustrating because I feel as if I'm not being given complete information about the BTC/NOTE market on Mercatox, which means I'm basically trading blindly.

I read an article recently which accused some exchanges of inflating their trading volumes and I've wondered if randomly throwing in fake trades might be one way to do that. However, I'm really hoping there is a much better explanation for this. I would like to know what's going on so that I can trade with more complete information.

Hi, wiser. I am sorry to learn about your frustrating experience trying to buy DNotes at Mercatox. Frankly, I had wanted to sign up for an account but did not find the time to do so. Here is one I can not come with an explanation.

I have personally, experienced "odd" tradings at other exchanges, including Poloniex where I purchased the most of my DNotes holding. I purchased ever single DNotes that I own. Sadly I have lost a substantial number of DNotes various exchanges - Crypto Rush, MintPal, Allcoins, and Crypsy that disappeared. I clearly have issues with exchanges in our industry.

I'm sorry to learn about your "odd" trading experiences, Alan. It sounds like those experiences have been costly. I can't say I've lost anything on those other exchanges. I lucked out and pulled out of Cryptsy before it went down (other than dust). I guess I lost some affiliate earnings on Allcoin because they automatically deposited to a defunct Allcoin address (but I blame myself for that and it's water under the bridge). A year ago, I really wasn't that much of a player so probably my trades were all normal even if the platforms were doing weird things.

The Mercatox thing is throwing me for a loop, though. I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% convinced that the DNotes volume is all real there, though I don't want to start accusing prematurely. It just has a weird feel to it, and like I said, there are so many executed trades which seem to come out of nowhere. Maybe since a lot of people trade with bots nowadays, they don't notice, but I haven't gotten any bots yet (anyone want to help me with that?), so I actually watch the markets I'm trading on, and yes, I do notice stuff that seems out of the ordinary. I usually trade on BitTrex and I've never seen anything like it there.

Wiser, I think you would have to contact Mercatox to figure out what is happening.  If you aren’t satisfied, I would try stocks exchange for your Dnote  trading.  Also, be sceptical of what anyone says on the chat room/troll box.

After spending a great deal of time studying exchanges, knowing that one day we will want our own, I've come to realize there is a vast array of technical challenges and issues that pop up. Not many of these issues surface on the real stocks exchanges, because of all of the work done to minimize and reduce these issues, which just shows how advanced these stocks exchanges are. That said, it may be reasonable to assume there is some manipulation, but it also reasonable to determine many of these issues that arise are not nefarious in nature.

With hundreds or thousands of people are trading on the same web platform while being attacked every second of every day, keeping everything orchestrated in perfect communication is quite the challenge. There is some contrary evidence as well to indicate it may not be anything nefarious.
It could just be an issue with their orderbook not updating properly -- something I noticed early on when the buy and sell walls seemed to be at price levels beyond each other where they should be trading. Once i refreshed the page it all fixed.
Jump to: