Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 124. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
New Tutorial Video

I have uploaded another tutorial video to our youtube channel. This time I covered how to download, install, pay with, and create a seed / passphrase and use it to access the electrum wallet.

Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Desgtrwjg&t=
This really brings us back to the entire reason why DNotes sees itself as holding a significant competitive advantage -- we have built our brand around being trustworthy and gaining value by driving forward our purposeful mission, rather than aiming for rapid and unexplained ascension.

I expect to see many investigations into crypto -- not just into exchanges and the like, but also can see governments using exchange data as a proxy excuse to get hold of individual transaction records for tax purposes. Interestingly, many large holders may well be manipulating the markets (especially those that bet on the Bitcoin futures markets), but by and large they may not be doing anything illegal, just doing what many others do on a much larger scale. It's somewhat of a double-edged sword when it comes to checking exchange data -- privacy, or making sure nobody is messing with the markets illegally?

I'm definitely coming to appreciate more and more the value of DNotes' brand. I suppose large holders could be inadvertently involved in market manipulation, especially if they are following similar trading strategies to the deliberate market manipulators. The part I hate is the feeling that you almost have to be a bit of a market manipulator yourself (or at least understand what's going on so you can be quick to take advantage of it for gains) in order to do well in this space.

What I really like about DNotes is that I can accumulate some now and then simply enjoy steady gains as the coin and company grow. If a year or two down the road I choose to sell some of them and take those profits, the individuals buying what I sell will also be just as likely to enjoy profits of their own a year or two later for the same reason. So in this way, it's not trying to sell to the next sucker, but rather, sell to someone who may be at a different stage in their economic growth, but the transaction will be a clear win for all concerned.

That's the beauty of our ecosystem design too -- it actively works to build and support the value of the currency itself. That means that there is also much less reason for you to want to sell in the first place, and it mean it will matter much less to users when they decide to cash in on some of their DNotes as there won't be as much perceived risk to waiting several weeks, or even months compared to today. Currently the general system sees people dashing to sell their crypto whenever they think the market is about to turn because everybody knows nothing fundamental is holding prices up and the rises are unsustainable. People clamour over one another to catch the upwards and downwards spikes. This rewards those who pay the most attention to the markets. The entire point of our ecosystem design is to make crypto less speculative, and more 'value-driven' to combat this trend and to work towards more sustainable growth.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Law Firm Report: Tether USD Reserves Exceed Balance of Tethers in Circulation

https://dcebrief.com/law-firm-report-tether-usd-reserves-exceed-balance-of-tethers-in-circulation/

I have little doubt that Tether is fully backed 1 to 1 by USD reserves. The elephant in the room question, though, is where is the USD to back it coming from?

Wiser, each Tether is equal in value to US$1. Every Tether issued must have an equal corresponding reserve. If there is 1 million Tether in circulation there must be $1 million in reserve. Any discrepancy is a cause for concern.

I understand the $1 to 1 Tether deal. There was some concern that maybe there were not enough fiat reserves to cover the amount of new Tether being put into circulation. Further investigation indicates that there are indeed plenty of fiat reserves to cover the Tether. However, the part that is not clear is just how much of those fiat reserves came from investors buying into Tether, and how much is from a completely different source. It's all speculation of course, but there appears to be at least some circumstantial evidence that the source of some of those fiat reserves may be from various forms of illegal activity. That's what I mean by the elephant in the room.

https://medium.com/thedailydose/uncovering-the-real-cartel-in-bitcoin-65b56a7a00a2

I agree with your concerns, wiser. Tether has been less than transparent for some time now, and there were some outside observers questioning whether it had the reserves to fully back up its 1:1 claim. The law firm report is an attempt to put those questions to rest, but it does nothing to address the other equally important concerns about where the money comes from and how Tether may have been used to manipulate the market. FSS even noted as much when it said that their report was not making a judgment about any potential legal concerns. You're correct: there are still elephants lurking in that room. We'll no doubt learn more in the weeks and months to come.
Ethics Committee: U.S House Reps Required to Disclose Crypto Holdings

https://dcebrief.com/ethics-committee-u-s-house-reps-required-to-disclose-crypto-holdings/
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
This really brings us back to the entire reason why DNotes sees itself as holding a significant competitive advantage -- we have built our brand around being trustworthy and gaining value by driving forward our purposeful mission, rather than aiming for rapid and unexplained ascension.

I expect to see many investigations into crypto -- not just into exchanges and the like, but also can see governments using exchange data as a proxy excuse to get hold of individual transaction records for tax purposes. Interestingly, many large holders may well be manipulating the markets (especially those that bet on the Bitcoin futures markets), but by and large they may not be doing anything illegal, just doing what many others do on a much larger scale. It's somewhat of a double-edged sword when it comes to checking exchange data -- privacy, or making sure nobody is messing with the markets illegally?

I'm definitely coming to appreciate more and more the value of DNotes' brand. I suppose large holders could be inadvertently involved in market manipulation, especially if they are following similar trading strategies to the deliberate market manipulators. The part I hate is the feeling that you almost have to be a bit of a market manipulator yourself (or at least understand what's going on so you can be quick to take advantage of it for gains) in order to do well in this space.

What I really like about DNotes is that I can accumulate some now and then simply enjoy steady gains as the coin and company grow. If a year or two down the road I choose to sell some of them and take those profits, the individuals buying what I sell will also be just as likely to enjoy profits of their own a year or two later for the same reason. So in this way, it's not trying to sell to the next sucker, but rather, sell to someone who may be at a different stage in their economic growth, but the transaction will be a clear win for all concerned.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

legendary
DNotes
New Tutorial video

If anybody has wanted to know how to install, encrypt, stake with, pay, and create invoices using the DNotes QT wallet, I have created an instructional video to make learning the new DNotes 2.0 wallet easier to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlqLPzDtJA&feature=youtu.be

https://dcebrief.com/law-firm-report-tether-usd-reserves-exceed-balance-of-tethers-in-circulation/

I have little doubt that Tether is fully backed 1 to 1 by USD reserves. The elephant in the room question, though, is where is the USD to back it coming from?

Wiser, each Tether is equal in value to US$1. Every Tether issued must have an equal corresponding reserve. If there is 1 million Tether in circulation there must be $1 million in reserve. Any discrepancy is a cause for concern.

I understand the $1 to 1 Tether deal. There was some concern that maybe there were not enough fiat reserves to cover the amount of new Tether being put into circulation. Further investigation indicates that there are indeed plenty of fiat reserves to cover the Tether. However, the part that is not clear is just how much of those fiat reserves came from investors buying into Tether, and how much is from a completely different source. It's all speculation of course, but there appears to be at least some circumstantial evidence that the source of some of those fiat reserves may be from various forms of illegal activity. That's what I mean by the elephant in the room.

https://medium.com/thedailydose/uncovering-the-real-cartel-in-bitcoin-65b56a7a00a2

I've been asking myself the same questions Wiser. If/when they are audited it will be interesting to see how much of Tether's balance came from purchases directly in fiat, and how much came as a result of them selling off Bitcoin. I'm assuming since their reserves exceed the amount of Tether issued, they made capital gains somewhere along the way (likely when Bitcoin ran up to 20,000 after Tether increased their supply from 400m to 2b+ in a very short time). If that massive new incoming supply of USDT drove the price of Bitcoin up (which circumstantial evidence would suggest is very likely), they could be investigated for market manipulation.

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

I've been asking myself the same questions Wiser. If/when they are audited it will be interesting to see how much of Tether's balance came from purchases directly in fiat, and how much came as a result of them selling off Bitcoin. I'm assuming since their reserves exceed the amount of Tether issued, they made capital gains somewhere along the way (likely when Bitcoin ran up to 20,000 after Tether increased their supply from 400m to 2b+ in a very short time). If that massive new incoming supply of USDT drove the price of Bitcoin up (which circumstantial evidence would suggest is very likely), they could be investigated for market manipulation.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

legendary

legendary
DNotes
Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

legendary
DNotes
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
I see that trading moved from NLexch now when other exchanges were added. It's really a shame that CryptalDash ate their word on listing Lips sealed

What is your experience with Mercatox and Stocks.Exchange? Which one is better and with lower trading fees?

They are both great for trading. Mercatox has better volume so more liquid there. I haven't really compared the trading fees.

Thank you wiser. Will make account on Mercatox then Wink
legendary
DNotes
What will be your difference from other exchanges? For example; your difference from Cobinhood? Are you also a zero fee exchange? What are your trading plans for this year?These are some of the most important infos that we wanted to know because we might gonna use your platform in the future.

Welcome bhoybitcoin, appreciate the questions but it is much too early for us to be able to release any specific details about the exchange that we intend to build. Our focus will be trust, security, speed, compliance, and integration.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”
What will be your difference from other exchanges? For example; your difference from Cobinhood? Are you also a zero fee exchange? What are your trading plans for this year?These are some of the most important infos that we wanted to know because we might gonna use your platform in the future.
Jump to: