Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 147. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
I must say that in this whole situation with Cryptopia listing, the only thing that I find a little disappointing, is that they let us know about delay in listing only about one or two days prior to when actual listing should happen Roll Eyes This is maybe a little unprofessional from their side, because DNotes (and also me) already shared a lot of post and news of listing on May 12th.

Now in the eyes of some investors we (DNotes and all who help promoting it) could be seen like the ones who are not serious and professional, because the listing date was changed so close to when actual listing should happen.

In the long run I suppose it does not matter, but as now, I think it is important to explain the investors why it came to this situation. I think that team already made a good work on that, especially with published letter of Alan Young, so I think we shall be just fine Smiley

Hi, Amadeus82. Your points are well taken. It is disappointing to see DNotes listing placed on hold a day before it was supposed to be listed.  We may never know for sure what happened. I trust that my letter could help them reach a legal opinion beyond any reasonable doubts that, like Bitcoin, DNotes is not a “security” but a “token” because it has never been used as an investment funding vehicle to raise capital. 
legendary

I must say that in this whole situation with Cryptopia listing, the only thing that I find a little disappointing, is that they let us know about delay in listing only about one or two days prior to when actual listing should happen Roll Eyes This is maybe a little unprofessional from their side, because DNotes (and also me) already shared a lot of post and news of listing on May 12th.

Now in the eyes of some investors we (DNotes and all who help promoting it) could be seen like the ones who are not serious and professional, because the listing date was changed so close to when actual listing should happen.

In the long run I suppose it does not matter, but as now, I think it is important to explain the investors why it came to this situation. I think that team already made a good work on that, especially with published letter of Alan Young, so I think we shall be just fine Smiley

Last night was the first time I have had a few spare minutes to even look at what is listed on Cryptopia. DNotes is the least of their concerns! Unfortunately it appears it is getting lumped in with the rest, including many that won't hold up to regulatory scrutiny.

Perhaps their lawyers could speed things up by reading the Cryptocurrency & ICO Screening Guide For Investors - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/02/cryptocurrency-ico-screening-guide-for-investors/.   Wink

Thank you, Chase. The DNotesEDU article - “The Cryptocurrency & ICO Screening Guide For Investors” is fantastic. It is highly recommended reading:
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/02/cryptocurrency-ico-screening-guide-for-investors/   

It is unfortunate that DNotes listing on Cryptopia has been delayed. 

My letter to Cryptopia is on page 213. Here is a portion of it:

As much as it is disappointing, I appreciate that you promptly advised us that the listing of DNotes on Cryptopia has been delayed. I understand that all exchanges trading cryptocurrencies are under intense scrutiny for regulatory compliance.

At issues, among others, is whether a coin listed on an unregulated exchange is a “token” or a “security”. From a legal prospective, a coin becomes a security token when it is utilized as a funding vehicle most commonly used in ICOs. In the process of using a token to raise capital, a change of state occurred – the status of a token becomes a security. There are no known exceptions.

Here is a prime example of a token: Bitcoin, while being labeled as a “token”, “commodity”, “property”, and more, has never been labeled as a “security”. This is because Bitcoin has never been used as an investment funding vehicle to raise capital. DNotes holds the same status as a token and not a security. DNotes has never been used or will ever be used as an investment funding vehicle to raise capital.

DNotes’ management and leadership are among the most committed to remain in compliance with all existing laws as we strive to build the most trusted brand for DNotes to gain mass adoption. We have devoted the last four years in building a fully integrated ecosystem that will help bridge the gap between the decentralized cryptocurrency world with current centralized systems. Everything will be done in full compliance with existing laws
”.

Readmore: page 213
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I'm not involved in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency but was referred to DNotes in regards to your venture capital program where you help companies raise up to 3 million dollars through legal fundraising. The ICO route currently seems very risky, if not outright illegal, but you list on the white paper that DNotes will be facilitating ICO's. What might that look like, and will there be investor protections?

Will DNotes Consulting and Venture Capital be focused on funding for cryptocurrency based businesses only, or can unrelated businesses participate also?

Hi Member Hero, welcome to DNotes.

DNotes Global NextGenVC is contingent on the successful completion of our Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors.

During the first year of operation, NextGenVC will select one among many potential candidates that best fit our business model and best in class mindset. It does not have to be in the cryptocurrency business but one that could benefit from our association as a digital currency and blockchain technology leader. High preference will be given to companies that have a revenue producing history of at least two years with high growth and profit potential but constrained by other shortcomings. Up to $3,000,000 will be funded by our group to best position the company for successful funding.  

We will mutually select a funding program that best meet the company's capital needs provided that we can be in compliance with existing security laws in a security token offering. The security token will be offered in conjunction with DNotes blockchain and DNotes Global exchange when available. More details will be disclosed in the coming months. We believe that ICO can be an excellent tool to facilitate capital formation but must be structured with consumer protection and in compliance with existing security laws.

This is in line with our vision of mass adoption of DNotes and the best use of DNotes Global's fully integrated ecosystems. However, please understand that we will be very selective.

Thank you for the speedy reply. So if a successful candidate will exchange equity for acceleration capital and consultation services, does this mean DNotes consultation services will be provided over the duration of the businesses lifetime? Or will equity be sold off as DNotes so chooses?

From what I have seen, DNotes has a good business model. What terrifies me the most about cryptocurrency is inadvertently being caught up with criminal activity, and being found guilty by association. Until such risks are mitigated, conservative investors will not be participating in cryptocurrency. If DNotes can pull off what is being claimed, it will remove entry barriers for major investment firms who are chomping at the bit to place their bets. At that point I would consider adding cryptocurrency to my investment portfolio.

Can you give me an idea of which stock exchanges DNotes Global might be listed on?

Some analysts are calling for corrections/reversals in these respective markets. would it make sense for DNotes to avoid exposure to these markets until they stabilize and return to their average trendline?

Sorry for taking up so much time of your time with all these questions and thank you in advance for the reply.

Your questions are most welcome here. They represent a different but extremely valuable perspective. A lot of us who are into cryptocurrencies kind of got lucky in certain ways, and now we have to really cram to learn about how investments and high finances really work. So please keep asking, and we may have some questions for you too to help with our education Smiley

Agreed, while these questions are better covered by Dyna / Alan, they are a great opportunity to elaborate the case for DNotes Global, Inc. and address potential concerns.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I'm not involved in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency but was referred to DNotes in regards to your venture capital program where you help companies raise up to 3 million dollars through legal fundraising. The ICO route currently seems very risky, if not outright illegal, but you list on the white paper that DNotes will be facilitating ICO's. What might that look like, and will there be investor protections?

Will DNotes Consulting and Venture Capital be focused on funding for cryptocurrency based businesses only, or can unrelated businesses participate also?

DNotes Global NextGenVC is contingent on the successful completion of our Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors.

During the first year of operation, NextGenVC will select one among many potential candidates that best fit our business model and best in class mindset. It does not have to be in the cryptocurrency business but one that could benefit from our association as a digital currency and blockchain technology leader. High preference will be given to companies that have a revenue producing history of at least two years with high growth and profit potential but constrained by other shortcomings. Up to $3,000,000 will be funded by our group to best position the company for successful funding.  

We will mutually select a funding program that best meet the company's capital needs provided that we can be in compliance with existing security laws in a security token offering. The security token will be offered in conjunction with DNotes blockchain and DNotes Global exchange when available. More details will be disclosed in the coming months. We believe that ICO can be an excellent tool to facilitate capital formation but must be structured with consumer protection and in compliance with existing security laws.

This is in line with our vision of mass adoption of DNotes and the best use of DNotes Global's fully integrated ecosystems. However, please understand that we will be very selective.

Thank you for the speedy reply. So if a successful candidate will exchange equity for acceleration capital and consultation services, does this mean DNotes consultation services will be provided over the duration of the businesses lifetime? Or will equity be sold off as DNotes so chooses?

From what I have seen, DNotes has a good business model. What terrifies me the most about cryptocurrency is inadvertently being caught up with criminal activity, and being found guilty by association. Until such risks are mitigated, conservative investors will not be participating in cryptocurrency. If DNotes can pull off what is being claimed, it will remove entry barriers for major investment firms who are chomping at the bit to place their bets. At that point I would consider adding cryptocurrency to my investment portfolio.

Can you give me an idea of which stock exchanges DNotes Global might be listed on?

Some analysts are calling for corrections/reversals in these respective markets. would it make sense for DNotes to avoid exposure to these markets until they stabilize and return to their average trendline?

Sorry for taking up so much time of your time with all these questions and thank you in advance for the reply.

Your questions are most welcome here. They represent a different but extremely valuable perspective. A lot of us who are into cryptocurrencies kind of got lucky in certain ways, and now we have to really cram to learn about how investments and high finances really work. So please keep asking, and we may have some questions for you too to help with our education Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Last night was the first time I have had a few spare minutes to even look at what is listed on Cryptopia. DNotes is the least of their concerns! Unfortunately it appears it is getting lumped in with the rest, including many that won't hold up to regulatory scrutiny.

Perhaps their lawyers could speed things up by reading the Cryptocurrency & ICO Screening Guide For Investors - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/02/cryptocurrency-ico-screening-guide-for-investors/.   Wink
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

Activity: 92
Merit: 12
Is this coin's full name from Death Note? lol

You know thats pretty disrespectful. I suggest you make those commits elsewhere.

There is a whole plan in action if you looked a little further with a lot of hard work involved. quite frankly this is one of the better or best coins that are available. The market place is going to change over these next few years and dnotes will take ever initiative to be right there in the action following the tax mans rules all along. I highly suggest you dig deeper, an opportunity you don't want to pass if you do your own research.

goodluck

Activity: 66
Is this coin's full name from Death Note? lol
legendary

Activity: 2

legendary
Interview with Alan Yong on CVBT Audio

AUDIO: Entrepreneur says he has invented a better bitcoin mousetrap

• Alan Yong says he is building his new business on four pillars of success
• “We are right now witnessing the next greatest technology revolution”

That was a excellent podcast Alan!! I wanted to let you guys know the video has been removed on that link. I really hope MANY listen to it and spreed the wonderful advice and Dnotes itself!

thats unfortunate about Cryptopia but I truly believe it will prove more beneficial in the long run.

Great work you guys!! So cool to see the action unfolding after 4 years!!

Thank you, mrbum805. I have been doing a few podcast interviews every week and they keep coming in. It's quite demanding and taking up a lot of my time. The interviews are totally unscripted and I have no idea what to expect each time. This is not something I love doing. But for DNotes I will do what it takes to get the words out.
legendary
Speaking of the Wild West of ICOs, I posted some questions I have about the Worbli ICO (the example I posted about here earlier). My comment got downvoted by Worbli. I don't want to read too much into it, but it seems to send the message that due diligence type of questions are not welcome. In the Steemit culture, downvoting is fairly rare so when it happens it stands out.

If I ran a project like that I would never want to do anything that could be interpreted as unwelcoming of due diligence. That just seems crazy.

I'm not offended by the downvote or anything. I just find it interesting...

Wiser, I am sorry to hear that but not at all surprised. This gives us more reason to stay on course and continue to do the right thing.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Speaking of the Wild West of ICOs, I posted some questions I have about the Worbli ICO (the example I posted about here earlier). My comment got downvoted by Worbli. I don't want to read too much into it, but it seems to send the message that due diligence type of questions are not welcome. In the Steemit culture, downvoting is fairly rare so when it happens it stands out.

If I ran a project like that I would never want to do anything that could be interpreted as unwelcoming of due diligence. That just seems crazy.

I'm not offended by the downvote or anything. I just find it interesting...
Activity: 92
Merit: 12

That was a excellent podcast Alan!! I wanted to let you guys know the video has been removed on that link. I really hope MANY listen to it and spreed the wonderful advice and Dnotes itself!

thats unfortunate about Cryptopia but I truly believe it will prove more beneficial in the long run.

Great work you guys!! So cool to see the action unfolding after 4 years!!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
DNotes Listing on Cryptopia Delayed as Exchange Conducts Review of All Listed Digital Currencies

https://dcebrief.com/dnotes-listing-on-cryptopia-delayed-as-exchange-conducts-review-of-all-listed-digital-currencies/
Activity: 79
All in all, we can take the good from cryptopia's decision. Many exchanges are beginning to clean up their shop. This is the flight towards quality that we have discussed many times. ICO tokens and currencies used to do unregulated equity raises are now under even closer scrutiny and are having their positions on exchanges put at risk. This will only act to prove DNotes' prudent strategy to comply with regulations, and take more traditional funding routes than its peers was the correct one. That alone will create a huge demand in due time for exchanges to want to list DNotes -- they may not have many options in the near future!

This is certainly disappointing in the short-term, as I know that many in the community were excited about the planned listing. It is always somewhat frustrating when announced plans get changed, even when it happens due to unforeseen circumstances. From a long-term perspective, however, you're certainly right: this will end up being a good thing.

Alan is 100% correct in his assessment of the industry’s current state. Because there are some bad actors out there, everyone in the industry is being viewed with skepticism. Regulators appear to be intensifying their scrutiny of currencies, exchanges, and every other aspect of the digital currency revolution. From our point of view, that cannot be anything but a positive development.

It is an unarguably good thing that Cryptopia is adopting stricter self-regulation to ensure that it is listing only legitimate digital currencies. It is an unarguably good thing that DNotes gets an opportunity to demonstrate its legitimacy in this manner. And it is an unarguably good thing that DNotes stakeholders will be provided with this added assurance that they have put their trust in a project that goes the extra mile to prove its merit.

As Alan has repeatedly stressed, DNotes is committed to maintaining strict compliance with every law and regulation. The industry may currently seem like the Wild West of Hollywood movies, but those stories generally have heroes who adhere to a higher moral and legal code. DNotes is determined to fill that lead role, and this added scrutiny can help to shine a spotlight on that commitment.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, Kent.

Frankly, our industry is conveniently blind but innocently confused. I am applauded by how many accomplished professionals have been perpetuating bad behaviors that are bluntly unacceptable and clearly unsustainable. Yes, since the beginning, we saw the day of reckoning coming and refused to join the party. I trust that this hardship will further differentiate DNotes from others.

This could help propel DNotes to a leadership position even sooner than I personally anticipated. Again, always do what it right and give it all you got to the benefits of everyone. We are consistent and verifiable. We must respect the rule of law and help to protect investors’ hard-earned money. Majority of us are struggling to make ends meet. I can’t to happier to see DNotes making a difference. Thank you all for making DNotes a success.

I agree with all that this could be a good thing that we get put on hold until the market slows down and Cryptopia can complete their internal check. In the meantime advertising money can be put on hold until the launch also.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
All in all, we can take the good from cryptopia's decision. Many exchanges are beginning to clean up their shop. This is the flight towards quality that we have discussed many times. ICO tokens and currencies used to do unregulated equity raises are now under even closer scrutiny and are having their positions on exchanges put at risk. This will only act to prove DNotes' prudent strategy to comply with regulations, and take more traditional funding routes than its peers was the correct one. That alone will create a huge demand in due time for exchanges to want to list DNotes -- they may not have many options in the near future!

This is certainly disappointing in the short-term, as I know that many in the community were excited about the planned listing. It is always somewhat frustrating when announced plans get changed, even when it happens due to unforeseen circumstances. From a long-term perspective, however, you're certainly right: this will end up being a good thing.

Alan is 100% correct in his assessment of the industry’s current state. Because there are some bad actors out there, everyone in the industry is being viewed with skepticism. Regulators appear to be intensifying their scrutiny of currencies, exchanges, and every other aspect of the digital currency revolution. From our point of view, that cannot be anything but a positive development.

It is an unarguably good thing that Cryptopia is adopting stricter self-regulation to ensure that it is listing only legitimate digital currencies. It is an unarguably good thing that DNotes gets an opportunity to demonstrate its legitimacy in this manner. And it is an unarguably good thing that DNotes stakeholders will be provided with this added assurance that they have put their trust in a project that goes the extra mile to prove its merit.

As Alan has repeatedly stressed, DNotes is committed to maintaining strict compliance with every law and regulation. The industry may currently seem like the Wild West of Hollywood movies, but those stories generally have heroes who adhere to a higher moral and legal code. DNotes is determined to fill that lead role, and this added scrutiny can help to shine a spotlight on that commitment.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, Kent.

Frankly, our industry is conveniently blind but innocently confused. I am applauded by how many accomplished professionals have been perpetuating bad behaviors that are bluntly unacceptable and clearly unsustainable. Yes, since the beginning, we saw the day of reckoning coming and refused to join the party. I trust that this hardship will further differentiate DNotes from others.

This could help propel DNotes to a leadership position even sooner than I personally anticipated. Again, always do what it right and give it all you got to the benefits of everyone. We are consistent and verifiable. We must respect the rule of law and help to protect investors’ hard-earned money. Majority of us are struggling to make ends meet. I can’t to happier to see DNotes making a difference. Thank you all for making DNotes a success.

Jump to: