Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 149. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Activity: 446
Merit: 105
I still have my coins at Cryptopia.
I don't see any deadline for withdrawing there.
Should I keep the coins there until next round of swap?
Btw, I filled the google form for post 4/16 swap.

Hi greenhope, May 11th will be Cryptopias final day of the delisting for DNotes V1. If you filled out the form, you likely just received an email from our team in regards to getting a deposit address for the next swap.

If you didn't receive it or need any help, please email [email protected].

Yes I've received a letter about getting deposit address few hours ago.
I just replied.
Thanks for your help. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
legendary
DNotes

Hi greenhope, May 11th will be Cryptopias final day of the delisting for DNotes V1. If you filled out the form, you likely just received an email from our team in regards to getting a deposit address for the next swap.

If you didn't receive it or need any help, please email [email protected].

Activity: 446
Merit: 105
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Social Capital CEO Says Buffett and other Critics Are Wrong About Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/social-capital-ceo-says-buffett-and-other-critics-are-wrong-about-bitcoin/
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
A Public Message to YoBit: You are Taking Advantage of Unsuspecting Users

YoBit, your decision to continue trading the now-defunct DNotes V1 is causing harm to your exchange users - some of whom may be unaware that DNotes recently upgraded to DNotes 2.0. You have failed to provide a single warning about the upgrade, and have made no effort to minimize user confusion. This does serious harm to the industry, its customers, and your exchange's brand.

It is unfair for you to continue to take advantage of those users by allowing them to purchase or trade coins on a blockchain that we no longer support. These customers have placed their trust in your company, and you are doing them a grave disservice by failing to delist the old version of DNotes.

We urge you to halt all trading of DNotes V1 immediately, and take action to delist the coin.

To YoBit exchange users looking to trade DNotes:

Please be advised that DNotes no longer provides support for DNotes V1, as that coin has been upgraded to DNotes 2.0. Newly purchased DNotes cannot be swapped for DNotes 2.0. While we will continue to bend over backwards to ensure that our supporters and all other legitimate DNotes holders can exchange their old DNotes for DNotes 2.0, there are technical limitations which prevent us from assisting those who purchase DNotes from YoBit.

We value our community and our industry, and do not want to see any of you taken advantage of in this manner. We urge each of you to do your due diligence before purchasing any digital currency.

Nice post! I suggest also putting it on Twitter and Telegram. I did read about some bad user experience with YoBit and obviously they really cannot be trusted and are not professional in their business Undecided
legendary
DNotes
A Public Message to YoBit: You are Taking Advantage of Unsuspecting Users

YoBit, your decision to continue trading the now-defunct DNotes V1 is causing harm to your exchange users - some of whom may be unaware that DNotes recently upgraded to DNotes 2.0. You have failed to provide a single warning about the upgrade, and have made no effort to minimize user confusion. This does serious harm to the industry, its customers, and your exchange's brand.

It is unfair for you to continue to take advantage of those users by allowing them to purchase or trade coins on a blockchain that we no longer support. These customers have placed their trust in your company, and you are doing them a grave disservice by failing to delist the old version of DNotes.

We urge you to halt all trading of DNotes V1 immediately, and take action to delist the coin.

To YoBit exchange users looking to trade DNotes:

Please be advised that DNotes no longer provides support for DNotes V1, as that coin has been upgraded to DNotes 2.0. Newly purchased DNotes cannot be swapped for DNotes 2.0. While we will continue to bend over backwards to ensure that our supporters and all other legitimate DNotes holders can exchange their old DNotes for DNotes 2.0, there are technical limitations which prevent us from assisting those who purchase DNotes from YoBit.

We value our community and our industry, and do not want to see any of you taken advantage of in this manner. We urge each of you to do your due diligence before purchasing any digital currency.
legendary
DNotes
Cryptopia Listing DNotes 2.0 May 12th

I know many of you will be eager to get trading on Cryptopia and will want to get your DNotes out of the DNotesVault quickly. However, the same 24-48 hour withdrawal process will apply. If you would like to have immediate access to your DNotes, please withdraw them to your local wallet.

We appreciate your patience and support!
legendary
DNotes
Reminder: Cryptopia DNotes Users - May 11th DNotes will be delisted completely.

Please be sure to withdraw your DNotes from Cryptopia by May 11th, which is the final day for the DNotes delisting.

If you are still participating in the coin swap, you will need to fill out the coin swap form:
https://goo.gl/forms/MlbfqvAQilLglnHZ2
Note: There will be a rigorous verification process starting May 16th for the coin swap. We are bending over backwards to ensure our supporters and stake holders will be able to swap their coins, however we also have a duty to everyone to ensure we are not swapping DNotes for newly mined or purchased DNotes.

I will reach out to everyone participating in the coin swap today and tomorrow to get you a DNotes address if you still need one.

Thank you for patience!
legendary
DNotes
Thank you for great explanation  Smiley

As I have read some time ago, you have also intention to make cold staking from DNotes vault available? In that case that risk you were talking about earlier would probably be eliminated?

Yep, that is why we believe it is a great future upgrade for DNotes. DNotesVault users or other offline storage users will be able to defer their staking rights of their coins to another harmless wallet that could be on a cloud server, or their desktop, or wherever, with no real balance or risk.

Thank you for great explanation  Smiley

As I have read some time ago, you have also intention to make cold staking from DNotes vault available? In that case that risk you were talking about earlier would probably be eliminated?
legendary
DNotes
Hi. Can someone please explain the process of staking a little bit more? Is there any risk involved if I stake my coins?

Hi Amadeus82, the risk exposure is limited to your ability to ensure the computer you are staking on is safe. The points of risk are: When you create the wallet, before it is encrypted, and when you enter your encryption password. Most people are willing to assume some risk, using simple security methods to limit their exposure, such as: Make multiple backups of encrypted wallets. Ensure you have up to date antivirus / antimalware. Turn off the wifi when entering passwords. Keeping the kids off the PC you are staking on. Or even having a fairly clean and updated pc just for staking.

You can develop methods to eliminate pretty much all of the risk, but the processes can be cumbersome and quite technical. There are many possibilities, but here is one example:
Have a dedicated PC with a boot up clean boot CD or USB image. Boot from the clean image of your OS with no connection to the internet. Create your wallet. Encrypt your wallet. Backup your wallet to a USB drive. Load your wallet and unlock for staking. Connect to the internet. Send in your coins. Each time you have to re-enter the password,  you boot from the clean image with the internet off, and enter the password offline, and only then turn on the internet.

Whoo that seems pretty drastic measures. Is there really such high risk that someone would hack the computer and steal wallet or encryption password? Does that happen often?  Shocked

Does the computer has to be turned on for staking to work? If so does it use much processing power, like for mining?

That is correct, I used an extreme example to eliminate all foreseen risk.

While it is unlikely someone will get in and steal your coins using simple security measures, I don't want to downplay it either. The issue may not be how someone can steal them today, but how can they steal them in the future using methods are not known to us today, and how quickly can pc security and anitvirus/anitmalware experts react to it.

That also doesn't take into account the sophistication needed to pull off such an attack successfully. You not only need the encrypted wallet file, but you need the encryption password to go along with it. One of the issues that people who would try to steal coins face is how do they sell their stolen coins when the blockchain records every single transaction and leaves a trail that can be followed. That was one of the issues during the time of silk road, the majority of people using it didn't understand blockchain well enough to realize that they were making it real easy to track them down. Not only that, but they aren't likely looking to attack everyday stakers, they are likely looking for much bigger targets like exchanges.

That is one of the great things about CRISP, you don't have to run your own wallet, you don't have to stake and you can still participate in benefiting from the distribution model.

legendary
DNotes
Hi. Can someone please explain the process of staking a little bit more? Is there any risk involved if I stake my coins?

Hi Amadeus82, the risk exposure is limited to your ability to ensure the computer you are staking on is safe. The points of risk are: When you create the wallet, before it is encrypted, and when you enter your encryption password. Most people are willing to assume some risk, using simple security methods to limit their exposure, such as: Make multiple backups of encrypted wallets. Ensure you have up to date antivirus / antimalware. Turn off the wifi when entering passwords. Keeping the kids off the PC you are staking on. Or even having a fairly clean and updated pc just for staking.

You can develop methods to eliminate pretty much all of the risk, but the processes can be cumbersome and quite technical. There are many possibilities, but here is one example:
Have a dedicated PC with a boot up clean boot CD or USB image. Boot from the clean image of your OS with no connection to the internet. Create your wallet. Encrypt your wallet. Backup your wallet to a USB drive. Load your wallet and unlock for staking. Connect to the internet. Send in your coins. Each time you have to re-enter the password,  you boot from the clean image with the internet off, and enter the password offline, and only then turn on the internet.

Whoo that seems pretty drastic measures. Is there really such high risk that someone would hack the computer and steal wallet or encryption password? Does that happen often?  Shocked

Does the computer has to be turned on for staking to work? If so does it use much processing power, like for mining?

That is correct, I used an extreme example to eliminate all foreseen risk.

While it is unlikely someone will get in and steal your coins using simple security measures, I don't want to downplay it either. The issue may not be how someone can steal them today, but how can they steal them in the future using methods are not known to us today, and how quickly can pc security and anitvirus/anitmalware experts react to it.

That also doesn't take into account the sophistication needed to pull off such an attack successfully. You not only need the encrypted wallet file, but you need the encryption password to go along with it. One of the issues that people who would try to steal coins face is how do they sell their stolen coins when the blockchain records every single transaction and leaves a trail that can be followed. That was one of the issues during the time of silk road, the majority of people using it didn't understand blockchain well enough to realize that they were making it real easy to track them down. Not only that, but they aren't likely looking to attack everyday stakers, they are likely looking for much bigger targets like exchanges.

legendary
DNotes

Have a dedicated PC with a boot up clean boot CD or USB image. Boot from the clean image of your OS with no connection to the internet. Create your wallet. Encrypt your wallet. Backup your wallet to a USB drive. Load your wallet and unlock for staking. Connect to the internet. Send in your coins. Each time you have to re-enter the password,  you boot from the clean image with the internet off, and enter the password offline, and only then turn on the internet.

legendary
DNotes
i'm new at staking and need some advice. Do I have to have some DNotes in my wallet while it is staking? Or just have it open and unlocked? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi The Chezzz, yep that is correct. You need coins to stake and the more coins you stake with the more often you will be the winner of a block and receive the staking reward.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
i'm new at staking and need some advice. Do I have to have some DNotes in my wallet while it is staking? Or just have it open and unlocked? Thanks in advance for your answer.
Jump to: