Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 157. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
right sorry i'm a bit slow with this wallet stuff, can anyone confirm i got this correct . i have my old wallet open and i then download the new one . next i close the old wallet and then open new one. do my coins transfer by themselves . thanks

Hi stevetrac, no worries. We did an update on DNotes 2.0, which is not related to the recent coin swap. Needless to say, we have a lot going on, and it can be a bit confusing.

To clarify, these are old DNotes that you acquired some time ago (before April 16 2018)?

If these are new DNotes 2.0. That you are staking. The coins don't technically move, we are just updating the rules for the blockchain that your coins exist on.

You can tell if you are using DNotes 2.0 by checking the wallet version, click Help and About DNotes to check the version. Latest and updated version is 2.0.1.0, and non-updated version is 2.0.0.0.

You want to be using version 2.0.1.0

yes they are DNotes 2.0 that are staking and the wallet is v2.0.0.0

Great, all you have to do is download the new wallet. Close the old wallet, and open the new one, and you will be all set.

I do recommend deleting the old wallet program (dnotes-qt.exe on windows), just to prevent confusion in the future.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
right sorry i'm a bit slow with this wallet stuff, can anyone confirm i got this correct . i have my old wallet open and i then download the new one . next i close the old wallet and then open new one. do my coins transfer by themselves . thanks

Hi stevetrac, no worries. We did an update on DNotes 2.0, which is not related to the recent coin swap. Needless to say, we have a lot going on, and it can be a bit confusing.

To clarify, these are old DNotes that you acquired some time ago (before April 16 2018)?

If these are new DNotes 2.0. That you are staking. The coins don't technically move, we are just updating the rules for the blockchain that your coins exist on.

You can tell if you are using DNotes 2.0 by checking the wallet version, click Help and About DNotes to check the version. Latest and updated version is 2.0.1.0, and non-updated version is 2.0.0.0.

yes they are DNotes 2.0 that are staking and the wallet is v2.0.0.0
legendary
DNotes

legendary
DNotes

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
legendary
DNotes
Is there a Linux Mint for version 2.0.1? Thank you!!

Working on those next Wink
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
Is there a Linux Mint for version 2.0.1? Thank you!!

/
legendary
DNotes
DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Download the DNotes v2.0.1 Updated Wallet

Release:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases

Source:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

Windows:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.exe

Mac:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.app.zip

If you have the previous version of the wallet, you can simply replace it with the new version from the download links.

Please be sure to update by Monday April 30th.

The process is simply downloading the wallet program, close the old wallet program and open the new one. You will probably want to delete any previous version of the wallet just to ensure you don't open it by accident.

You can verify at any time you are using the latest version by clicking Help, then About DNotes. It should show DNotes version v2.0.1.0.
legendary
DNotes
Saw a couple of articles with Alan Yong in the press today...

Well done to the team for generating some buzz around DNotes 2.0!  Smiley

Keep up the good work.

Appreciate it hoanguyenn203! We generating a lot of buzz and attracting the right people to work with DNotes for future projects. Alan has been very busy in interviews and working with businesses who are looking for a trusted parties in the digital currency and blockchain space.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Saw a couple of articles with Alan Yong in the press today...

Well done to the team for generating some buzz around DNotes 2.0!  Smiley

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
DNotes
DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Download the DNotes v2.0.1 Updated Wallet

Release:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases

Source:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

Windows:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.exe

Mac:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.app.zip

If you have the previous version of the wallet, you can simply replace it with the new version from the download links.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
There is a lot going on at Telegram. Just sharing one of my posts.

Quote from DNotes Telegram Channel:

Quote from Mark Gibb:
Thank Frank, im new to telegram and dnotes telegram have noticed admin next to some names.  I was looking for some thoughts and opinions.  How would Dnotes differenciate from TokenPay? They seem like they will be providing the same services or have i missunderstood the white paper.

Quote from Alan Yong:
The biggest difference is that DNotes is solving a different problem – the mass adoption of digital currency in global commerce. In this case all the relevant problems, with viable solutions at different point in time. (Completed, work in progress, those currently on the roadmap, and much more to come).

Think of mass adoption as system consisting of many parts and that system will only work when all the component parts are in the right place performing their functions as intended. How much would you pay for a component, a set of components, or a complete system? That framework of evaluation could help to determine the worth of different crypto currencies.

Every coin is claiming that they are the best, the finest, the fastest, the most secure, etc. … Often they are boasting about their technology as if they just created the ingenious distributed ledger consensus system, blockchain technology, smart contracts, and so on.  Let’s agree that some have added innovative features and improvements – typical of technology evolution. It constantly evolves and get better.

Technology is just one of many components needed to gain mass adoption. Despite that, when it comes to technology, DNotes is not far behind from the best and quite definitely equal to most. And don’t forget, we waited for the technology to become more mature before we jumped in and we did. In short, we are just getting start and already equal to most.

With nothing else considered but just technology DNotes is undervalued relative to technology. Help yourself to figure out what else is DNotes doing and why.

I will be back to support you when I have a chance. Thanks.
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes

Hi DNotes, I would love to vote but for some reason I keep getting an error (Invalid Passowrd) when trying to login for voting. I can login to my dashbaord but not when I click on vote in the DNotes column. Do you know why this is happening. Regards,

Hi BTCWise, thanks for supporting us on crytaldash! We have had multiple reports of issues when trying to vote for DNotes and I am trying to work their team to resolve it. It would be helpful if you could report the issue to their support staff, it may help in figuring out why the votes don't seem to be counted.

Hi DNotes, I managed to fix the issue. Some instructions for new users thinking of voting.

Step 1: Look for DNotes in the list or you can use Ctr+F on a windows PC or Cmd+F on a Mac and type in DNotes.

Step 2: Click on the vote button on the right side of the column. A new window will popup.

Step 3: Now choose your option. I chose social share.

Step 4: Fill out the form and signup as a new user with an email that you can verify (important).

Step 5: All you have to do now is share the links on all the social media platforms that you have an account with.

These are the five steps to get DNotes listed on cryptaldash.com

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I was able to share on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
I'm planning on posting this on Steemit and Quora as well. Good luck team Smiley

Perfect! Thank you for creating the steps, that is very helpful.
Activity: 267
Merit: 13

Hi DNotes, I would love to vote but for some reason I keep getting an error (Invalid Passowrd) when trying to login for voting. I can login to my dashbaord but not when I click on vote in the DNotes column. Do you know why this is happening. Regards,

Hi BTCWise, thanks for supporting us on crytaldash! We have had multiple reports of issues when trying to vote for DNotes and I am trying to work their team to resolve it. It would be helpful if you could report the issue to their support staff, it may help in figuring out why the votes don't seem to be counted.

Hi DNotes, I managed to fix the issue. Some instructions for new users thinking of voting.

Step 1: Look for DNotes in the list or you can use Ctr+F on a windows PC or Cmd+F on a Mac and type in DNotes.

Step 2: Click on the vote button on the right side of the column. A new window will popup.

Step 4: Fill out the form and signup as a new user with an email that you can verify (important).

Step 5: All you have to do now is share the links on all the social media platforms that you have an account with.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I was able to share on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
I'm planning on posting this on Steemit and Quora as well. Good luck team Smiley

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I will do that. Hope they can fix this soon. We need DNotes at the top of that list Smiley
legendary
DNotes

Jump to: