Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 159. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
As wiser analysed, DNotes has actually had lots of potential ideas/ services for its customers, supporters, investors. Lots of more promising things to come this year.
I wish that DNotes will experience exponential growths this year.
Anyway, thanks for your analysis, wiser.

No doubt, wiser did an excellent job in her analysis of the white paper. Our industry needs a lot more help in that area before many more investors are taken to the cleaner.

DNotes will continue do what is in the best interest of our stakeholders over the long-term. With four years of consistently delivering on our promises DNotes has differentiated itself from the increasingly crowded market.

We are positioned for rapid growth. This will be a very exciting year.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
how to get this coin???
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
What is the way to buy DNOTE now, when cryptopia closed the market?

Unfortunately, DNotes is not available for trading until May 12, 2018 when Cryptopia resumes trading DNotes.  

Are you sure they will open it as it says that NOTE has to be withdraw "NOTE/BTC market is closing, please cancel any open orders and withdraw your coins"

Absolutely certain. That notice is specifically for the old DNotes 1.x

Cryptopia is taking the position that all the DNotes 1.x must be withdrawn/cleared out of the exchange wallet before accepting DNotes 2.x deposit.

No one knows for sure, but the days of undervalued DNotes may soon be over.

OK. Thanks. So where to withdraw Note from cryptopia. To the old wallet or Vault?

If you are withdrawing from Cryptopia, you can withdraw directly to a DNotesVault HISTORIC account.

If you don't have one already, create an account at DNotesVault.com. When you login to your DNotesVault.com account, at the top you will see DASHBOARD, MY ACCOUNT, and HISTORIC. Click on the HISTORIC TAB. You can send to any of the addresses listed here or click CREATE ADDRESS if you don't already have one.

The next swap will begin May 16th, no further action required once they are sent to the account, we will take care of the swap for you.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502

Unfortunately, DNotes is not available for trading until May 12, 2018 when Cryptopia resumes trading DNotes. 

Are you sure they will open it as it says that NOTE has to be withdraw "NOTE/BTC market is closing, please cancel any open orders and withdraw your coins"

Cryptopia is taking the position that all the DNotes 1.x must be withdrawn/cleared out of the exchange wallet before accepting DNotes 2.x deposit.

OK. Thanks. So where to withdraw Note from cryptopia. To the old wallet or Vault?
Activity: 102
Merit: 12
As wiser analysed, DNotes has actually had lots of potential ideas/ services for its customers, supporters, investors. Lots of more promising things to come this year.
I wish that DNotes will experience exponential growths this year.
Anyway, thanks for your analysis, wiser.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I had a muse on Steemit that I think could be helpful so I'm sharing it here. It's my partial analysis of the whitepaper I shared earlier.

https://steemit.com/ico/@wiser/a-critical-look-at-an-ico-whitepaper

Wow! What an article.

A lot of white papers are simply an extended description of a "great idea". The price of a cup of coffee - may be, But $47 million is a little too rich for my taste, even if they accept US investors.

Thanks! That is a really good point, actually. And a great idea is a good start, but then it needs a lot more to make it reality. It reminds me of how I was as a parishioner at my church about twelve to fifteen years ago. At that time I was full of great ideas that I felt strongly about--things I thought the leaders at the church should do, philosophies to hold, etc., and I wasn't shy about sharing them. Then I got a paid position at my church and about three years into it I saw a way to completely overhaul the program I was directing to make it way better. I pitched the idea to my boss, who said great, pitch it to the parish council, who said give us your budget. So I came up with a budget (I had to learn fast) and pitched it to them again. They gave me the funding and said make it happen. Then I was like, uh oh, what did I just get myself into? I realized that having actual power (and funds!) to carry out an idea is a lot tougher than being a fountain of ideas that you hope someone else will implement. My program overhauling plan is going well, but it has proven to be a lot of work and with many challenges along the way. But it's been more rewarding than just throwing out ideas too.

Back to DNotes and ICOs, I have actually learned a lot from reading about the Reg A+ mini IPO process. I read Laura Anthony's explanation earlier today and that was very eye opening, especially the list of documentation that needs to be provided just to be able to raise $50 million. It seems like a lot to go through (hence the complaints about "oppressive US regulations") but 50 million dollars is a lot of money! It really makes sense to have to demonstrate competence and responsibility in managing it before just going off and raising it from unsuspecting investors.

What a helpful, informative analysis, wiser!
Honestly, the article shows me lots of interesting things, which I have not thought about before reading this one.
Please keep up your good works for Dnotes community, wiser.

Thanks. I think we don't tend to think about these things that start to seem obvious once you become aware, because deep down we feel like we already know. I thought I knew how to do due diligence. I figured it meant reading over the promotional literature and if I didn't see any glaring holes it was OK. But you have to kind of think about the system that would have to be set up to actually make what they propose happen, and that's when you start to see how broad some of the assumptions are and how vast the ambition really is. In the case of the Worbli ICO, I mean, is it realistic to think you can build a full service financial system in 18 months with a blockchain (that you still have to run a testnet on), customers, and everything? It's not like you just go down to Wal-Mart and buy a bank. Then you're like, wait a minute!
Activity: 106
Merit: 12
I had a muse on Steemit that I think could be helpful so I'm sharing it here. It's my partial analysis of the whitepaper I shared earlier.

What a helpful, informative analysis, wiser!
Honestly, the article shows me lots of interesting things, which I have not thought about before reading this one.
Please keep up your good works for Dnotes community, wiser.
legendary

Wow! What an article.

A lot of white papers are simply an extended description of a "great idea". The price of a cup of coffee - may be, But $47 million is a little too rich for my taste, even if they accept US investors.
legendary

legendary

legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Japanese Crypto Exchanges Unite to Create Self-Regulating Body

https://dcebrief.com/japanese-crypto-exchanges-unite-to-create-self-regulating-body/
legendary
With all the talk about the issues with ICOs, here's one that might be interesting to analyze for educational purposes. At first glance it looks like a competitor of DNotes Coin and DNotes Global.

I'd be genuinely curious to know what you guys think. I'm not asking about whether it would be a good investment (I have my own concerns). I'm thinking of it as a real world example. It's an ICO. There's a website, a whitepaper (that seems thorough), and a team that consists of people with some real world experience. What would be the things you would tell people to probe more deeply? Do you see any immediate red flags (I mean, besides that it's an ICO and we don't like ICOs around here)?

Here's the whitepaper: https://worbli.io/whitepaper/index.html

Edit: After reading this article about mini IPOs, I'm starting to realize that it's a lot less productive than I thought to analyze individual ICOs. Just one quick example. One of the documents you have to produce if you want to go the mini IPO route is two years of financial statements to show that your company already knows how to spend money wisely and use it to make more money. So this ICO wants to raise $47,000,000 all at once with no prior history as a company (hence no previous financial statements). Maybe it might be better for them to raise a small amount (like $100,000) through crowdfunding and then use those funds to build out the first pieces and kind of prove themselves that way. Funny how easy that is to miss. I'm sure there are other examples and maybe I'll write a Steemit piece about that, but honestly, just taking a few minutes to carefully read through the legal process, and suddenly all those questions you forget to ask of an ICO become glaringly obvious.

I just took a very superficial look at it. You mentioned a couple of the necessities of any project but here are a couple of other things I look for - they have no social media presence at all. No followers, no Tweets. In my opinion, it's never too soon to start building your follower base, even just one person at a time, even just beginning conversations with people. What are they waiting for?

They need some advisors, some people with global connections and big picture perspectives if they want to compete on a global scale. If they don't have any I wonder why not.

And they want to build on EOS? It's not even ready yet.

So, they want to raise $47 million with no proof that they can handle any amount of money at all, to build an ERC20 token that they will eventually turn into an EOS token (because EOS is currently an ERC20 token itself), assuming that EOS will work swimmingly when it comes out this summer. And then they can begin to build and market their product. That's a lot to ask for. But that's the environment we've been in. I would think there would be a different standard this year, but I'm afraid that a lot of new people are going to come into crypto this year and they're going to bring in last year's standards. It won't end well for many of them.

Sorry, I'm a little pessimistic. I look at coins, assets, and ICO's everyday and most don't meet basic business standards. And way too many are actual scams. I looked at one yesterday that wants to raise $200 million and they don't even have a website. Well, technically they did, it was a single blank white page with their logo on it. I guess they need some funds first to build it.

As a real world example, I usually ask if there are already other projects that are already doing any of the things they talk about and are maybe  much farther ahead of them. In this case, we can surely think of one!

Honestly, I did not know that EOS is itself an ERC20 token. I never bought EOS though I heard people saying good things about it. When the whitepaper said build on the EOS block chain I assumed there already is an EOS block chain and it just needs some tweaking to be available for other projects to build their own EOS block chains. I wanted to know why issue an ERC20 token now rather than wait until they could just start right off with an EOS token. It turns out that at this point there is no such thing, so they're building a technology on top of a technology that doesn't yet exist. Interesting.

As for asking if there are existing solutions, I can tell you that if you want to build your own block chain and its own token you can pretty much do that right out of the box with NEM (though it's not like I personally have tried). So, I guess I would have to question why pin so much on a yet nonexistent block chain.

Maybe this kind of discussion *is* productive. People like me who aren't as well versed in the tech often miss those details...
legendary
ICOs will continue to have serious issues with much confusion for some time. Meanwhile, there will always be people who are ready to exploit the situation. I did a quick read of the white paper. Another interesting idea, but few good ideas are worth more than the cost of a cup of coffee.    

I probably have 3 or 4 good ideas every day. That should at least keep me stocked up on coffee, right? Wink

3 to 4 good ideas? For you, wiser, I will pay for your coffee and take care of the tips as well. Others, I am not so sure.

The point is - there is no shortage of good ideas. We can blow $100 million on a lot of good ideas we have and get now where. Some ICOs have already done just that.

DNotes is a great idea. To do things right it has taken us four years to reach this point. The amount of strategic planning and execution is quite astonishing. I would debate any Business School professor using DNotes as a live case study. It has a mix of everything as they apply to business principles. We manage DNotes as a business but do not control it as one.
Activity: 135
Merit: 10
With all the talk about the issues with ICOs, here's one that might be interesting to analyze for educational purposes. At first glance it looks like a competitor of DNotes Coin and DNotes Global.

I'd be genuinely curious to know what you guys think. I'm not asking about whether it would be a good investment (I have my own concerns). I'm thinking of it as a real world example. It's an ICO. There's a website, a whitepaper (that seems thorough), and a team that consists of people with some real world experience. What would be the things you would tell people to probe more deeply? Do you see any immediate red flags (I mean, besides that it's an ICO and we don't like ICOs around here)?

Here's the whitepaper: https://worbli.io/whitepaper/index.html

Edit: After reading this article about mini IPOs, I'm starting to realize that it's a lot less productive than I thought to analyze individual ICOs. Just one quick example. One of the documents you have to produce if you want to go the mini IPO route is two years of financial statements to show that your company already knows how to spend money wisely and use it to make more money. So this ICO wants to raise $47,000,000 all at once with no prior history as a company (hence no previous financial statements). Maybe it might be better for them to raise a small amount (like $100,000) through crowdfunding and then use those funds to build out the first pieces and kind of prove themselves that way. Funny how easy that is to miss. I'm sure there are other examples and maybe I'll write a Steemit piece about that, but honestly, just taking a few minutes to carefully read through the legal process, and suddenly all those questions you forget to ask of an ICO become glaringly obvious.

I just took a very superficial look at it. You mentioned a couple of the necessities of any project but here are a couple of other things I look for - they have no social media presence at all. No followers, no Tweets. In my opinion, it's never too soon to start building your follower base, even just one person at a time, even just beginning conversations with people. What are they waiting for?

They need some advisors, some people with global connections and big picture perspectives if they want to compete on a global scale. If they don't have any I wonder why not.

And they want to build on EOS? It's not even ready yet.

So, they want to raise $47 million with no proof that they can handle any amount of money at all, to build an ERC20 token that they will eventually turn into an EOS token (because EOS is currently an ERC20 token itself), assuming that EOS will work swimmingly when it comes out this summer. And then they can begin to build and market their product. That's a lot to ask for. But that's the environment we've been in. I would think there would be a different standard this year, but I'm afraid that a lot of new people are going to come into crypto this year and they're going to bring in last year's standards. It won't end well for many of them.

Sorry, I'm a little pessimistic. I look at coins, assets, and ICO's everyday and most don't meet basic business standards. And way too many are actual scams. I looked at one yesterday that wants to raise $200 million and they don't even have a website. Well, technically they did, it was a single blank white page with their logo on it. I guess they need some funds first to build it.

As a real world example, I usually ask if there are already other projects that are already doing any of the things they talk about and are maybe  much farther ahead of them. In this case, we can surely think of one!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
legendary
ICOs will continue to have serious issues with much confusion for some time. Meanwhile, there will always be people who are ready to exploit the situation. I did a quick read of the white paper. Another interesting idea, but few good ideas are worth more than the cost of a cup of coffee.    

I probably have 3 or 4 good ideas every day. That should at least keep me stocked up on coffee, right? Wink
Jump to: